This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7Redorbs

I'm very interested in what you have for quaternions and super luminal velocities.

Quaternions start out fairly straight forward then give you a headache.

Comment

• stumbled across an interesting recent patent, 7,116,051
      This is an interesting type of klystron, notice that it is was partially funded by NASA. At least I know that my idea works, now to see what hidden gems are in the design.

Comment

• Message.

Originally posted by 7redorbs View Post
        MY god man. That's awful. That's unacceptable. I don't care if I have to fly the money over to Eric.

I goddamn will!

But there was at least $4000 in it the last time I saw it!?! Did Eric get it?

I added you to skype (see my private message to you)

Best,
        A
        Lambda - Awesome now that Vril Compendium is complete! I am seeding.

7redorbs - I love your passion & commitment mate. Good luck with the book.

T-rex - I loved the recent Wardenclyffe Interlude post. It certainly gives us some insight into your life, of both good fortune and horibble suffering, it does seem to parallel with Nikola Tesla.

I have had little time of late, due to domestic reasons, however I press forward with the CSI and driver circuits when time allows. Hurdles to jump are with the 2050 Thyratron pulse circuit, in particularly the large choke in the circuit, the 5-10 Hy @ 200mA Plate supply choke. (Can anyone answer me as to why this coke needs to be so large)? Also the Filament transformer for the 304TL tubes and other tubes like the 833A. However I have found a supplier for both of these (choke and filament):

Hammond Mfg. - Transformer Index

For those that want to save money, a filament transformer can be constructed from a MOT, remove the HV secondary and rewind it with thick wire of few turns. (Measure voltage per single turn and wind accordingly). For 10 volts AC at 12.5 amps (304TL) the MOT may need 10 to 12 turns or so with large cable and it should supply enough juice for the filament?

I hope the $4K is recovered and directed towards Eric.
        Last edited by Sputins; 12-19-2012, 12:12 AM. Reason: addition
        "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
          I have had little time of late, due to domestic reasons, however I press forward with the CSI and driver circuits when time allows. Hurdles to jump are with the 2050 Thyratron pulse circuit, in particularly the large choke in the circuit, the 5-10 Hy @ 200mA Plate supply choke. (Can anyone answer me as to why this coke needs to be so large)? Also the Filament transformer for the 304TL tubes and other tubes like the 833A. However I have found a supplier for both of these (choke and filament):
          The 5R4GYB lists specs for a 5 or 10 Henry filter choke based on altitude, 40k ft=5 and 20k ft=10, more info on the spec sheets.

Comment

• Originally posted by garrettm4 View Post
            dR Green,

The condensers resonance with the primary definitely burdens the secondary/extra setup so I would assume your right. For receiving applications it most probably lowers the secondary/extra field strengths, but in a transmitter it "should" increase them to some degree. In "theory", the LC tank can be used magnify the signal at the receiver end, despite all the burden it puts on the secondary/extra. The main problem lies with dampening of the LC tank, if dampening is high, then no magnification in the LC tank can take place. If really high no oscillation will ever take place, over damped.

For the AV-plug, I'm rather unsure as to why its working at all. It obviously gets results, from what you have said, but the operating principle is beyond me. There are most definitely different types of longitudinal coupling just as there are for transverse wave antenna. That said, I'm not entirely sure that it is a detector for L.M. earth currents, could be operating as an L.D. displacement current detector (or another form of detector)? Who knows.
            Thanks for the reply. I've considered the possibility that the cable to the crystal earpiece could be acting as an antenna but I don't think so, although it is my first radio project so I could be surprised as to what 370mW can do. I would say it's more like a typical single wire transmission/usage with AV plug, except here the transmission line happens to be earthed. I don't expect it would work too well if I used a separate connection to earth with it, but I think in principle, with plenty of power, that should also work. Similar to plugging bulbs into the earth and having them light up I would think, just here there's a speaker to output the encoded sound.
            http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by GSM View Post
              Is this still copyright, because the controllers say NO !?
              If yes, can I purchase somewhere ?

" Sorry, the web page you have requested is not available through Virgin Media.
              Virgin Media has received an order from the Courts requiring us to prevent access to this site in order to help protect against copyright infringement.

If you are a Virgin Media home broadband customer, for more information on why certain web pages are blocked, please click here.

If you are a Virgin Media Business customer, or are trying to view this page through your company's internet connection, please click here. "

Cheers .......... Graham.
              TPB is blocked in UK. A proxy will get around this.

http://www.siteblocked.org/piratebay...lyYXRlIGJheQ==
              http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Lambda,
                Many thanks for the full Vril Compendium.

Hate to be the one to complain but notice that Tape #2 with Laurel Lee is missing on Nikola Tesla - any ideas?

Exciting times - Tape #3 tells us that Tesla was employed by RCA in the design of radio receivers and his signature is said to be on the schematic diagrams.

Have been following up the 24A Vacuum Tube and going through all of the 'Radio Broadcast' magazines and will post what I can extract as useful.

One I am currently reading is with respect to winding coils with spaces between wires and the benefits.
                Another is the change in aerial size over a 3 year period from 1927/28/29 where the required aerial was able to be reduced by a factor of about x5.
                This is the same time the 24 and 24A came into production, Tetrodes over Triodes.
                Will make these all into PDFs and Post at 'n6kph'.

Having all of this under my belt I will now go and find the RCA receivers that Tesla was said to have designed as I have a source and have just paid $6.95 for a schematic of a Bosch that uses 24As and have an article on that is most interesting.

This may take a while but we can now see some direction coming from Eric's insistence that we examine Gerry Vassilatos's work.
                Tape # 1 ends where Gerry is explaining how Eric Dollard is feeding a copper wire through the glass into his Cosmic bulb and that's when I found tape #2 was missing.

Tesla was employed under another name by Sarnoff at RCA who did not like him but needed his expertise as the competition was most intense.
                Steinmetz at GE at the same time.
                Anything 'General' like GE and General Motors were all JP Morgan companies.

Lambda and your friend - Many Thanks - brilliant work!
                Later on this.

Smokey

Comment

• Eric's Directions

My apologies but I have given you the incorrect book.
                  Should be 'Roentgen Rays & Phenomena of the Cathode & Anode' by E P Thompson (Edward Palmer).
                  This one is not readily available and still copyright but will continue to search for a copy.

Had an extract from a Tesla book on the 'London Coil' but unable to find but will continue to search.
                  This is the one that gives the rundown on the series of coil experiments which led finally to the 'London Coil'.
                  Will put the final picture of all the coils up at 'n6kph' and somebody may recognise the source book.

Sir William Crookes on 'Radiant Matter':

On Radiant Matter : Crookes, William : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Eric wants us to find this data and post here as he is providing circuit ideas/guidelines that require refining and that is what we are expected to accomplish.
                  Turn his ideas into a reality.
                  Not an easy task as we are severely restricted by this medium and time delays but am sure we will continue to press forward regardless.

The London Coil:

Reproduction 1892 Tesla High Frequency Induction Coil from London Lecture

The inventions, researches and writings of Nikola Tesla, with special reference to his work in polyphase currents and high potential lighting : Martin, Thomas Commerford, 1856-1924 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Pages 173 and 207

Smokey

Comment

• Chokes

Sputins:
                    Chokes:
                    Antique Radio Forums • View topic - What is an RF choke?

These people can do it better than I.

Smokey

Comment

• Tesla & Terbo

Tesla & Terbo extract:

"Together, he and Dr. Hammond developed the science of robots and remote guidance. Tesla, impoverished by the inhuman treatment wrought on him by the financial establishment, was nonetheless quite alive and valuable to those having singular ambition to dominate the world radio trade. For a very long time, Nikola Tesla was considered "out of circulation."

But later years turned a kindlier edge toward him. Long after his principle foe had died, other sought him out. Employed by the Rockefellers in their RCA venture, Tesla was given the task of restructuring the now failing Marconi System.

David Sarnoff did not permit Tesla the dignity of working under his own name! Nevertheless it was Tesla, not Sarnoff, who redesigned the insufficient RCA radio systems to sufficiently turn a profit for the owners. It is significant that Tesla was not allowed to change the basic design from wave radio to radiant communications.

What he achieved required certain strange conversions within the wave radio circuitry, intensifying radiant signals until the operation was much improved, and then converting the amplified signals back to waves once again. All of this was achieved within the chassis, certain of which are now being studied. These Tesla experimental models are typical of the Tesla style, containing no resistors or other such components.

These models use simple transmitter tubes and employ a great number of symmetrically disposed conical air coils.

While working for RCA under the name "Terbo", his mother's maiden name, Tesla maintained his two penthouse suites atop the Hotel New Yorker. One penthouse was his living quarters, the other a full-scale research laboratory.

Tesla designed and built small compact and portable aether energy receivers, a developmental path, which he pursued to his passing. Tesla had long investigated the use of pure dielectric field energy, a stream of aether whose individual pulsations were so very ultra short that science had never found a means to harness the energy impulses."

Me:
                      Difficult going through all the radios of RCA as there are heaps but have found one which has distinctly a different approach and may be that of Tesla.
                      The symmetrically disposed air coils are akin to those of Walter and Lhao Russell but this is the reseach he was doing in his Lab and not that at RCA.

Looking for his signature in the RCA radios and I am sure it is there as he would have left one knowing the man as I do.
                      This is not his written signature but something else that shows the man himself and his work.

Smokey

Comment

• Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
                        Lambda,
                        Many thanks for the full Vril Compendium.

Hate to be the one to complain but notice that Tape #2 with Laurel Lee is missing on Nikola Tesla - any ideas?

Exciting times - Tape #3 tells us that Tesla was employed by RCA in the design of radio receivers and his signature is said to be on the schematic diagrams.

Have been following up the 24A Vacuum Tube and going through all of the 'Radio Broadcast' magazines and will post what I can extract as useful.

One I am currently reading is with respect to winding coils with spaces between wires and the benefits.
                        Another is the change in aerial size over a 3 year period from 1927/28/29 where the required aerial was able to be reduced by a factor of about x5.
                        This is the same time the 24 and 24A came into production, Tetrodes over Triodes.
                        Will make these all into PDFs and Post at 'n6kph'.

Having all of this under my belt I will now go and find the RCA receivers that Tesla was said to have designed as I have a source and have just paid $6.95 for a schematic of a Bosch that uses 24As and have an article on that is most interesting.

This may take a while but we can now see some direction coming from Eric's insistence that we examine Gerry Vassilatos's work.
                        Tape # 1 ends where Gerry is explaining how Eric Dollard is feeding a copper wire through the glass into his Cosmic bulb and that's when I found tape #2 was missing.

Tesla was employed under another name by Sarnoff at RCA who did not like him but needed his expertise as the competition was most intense.
                        Steinmetz at GE at the same time.
                        Anything 'General' like GE and General Motors were all JP Morgan companies.

Lambda and your friend - Many Thanks - brilliant work!
                        Later on this.

Smokey
                        Hi David,

Glad you were inspired to dig deeper! Sad, I've had these audio recordings for about 2 years and haven't shared them yet, but I didn't really have permission until recently. I did send an email to my friend last night who originally obtained them, guess he bought the tapes from the show years back, I asked if he happened to have that missing tape, as it bothered me as well that what is missing is when Gerry was getting into some very good information there... He just emailed me back and showed that we already have it, they are the files in the folder!

So, you do indeed already have that part 2 already, they are the files in the folder, sorry it isn't organized better, but the first file in the folder picks up right exactly where side 1 of Tesla_Ether_1 leaves off.

I'm very pleased that you were able to use this to further your research. As soon as holidays are over and I get some more free time I hope to get back into the research and replication of circuitry on my end too. Thank you for sharing all your contributions and findings. I thought it was very intersting as well that Tesla worked under this other name and built circuits for RCA and was forced to convert the final output to the inferior wave radio, hope you find something significant! Gerry was an execellent researcher, can't help but wonder why he quit, must have found something of great interest I can only assume...

Best of luck in your research!

Comment

• Originally posted by garrettm4 View Post
                          * For fine tuning, plots of permeability need to be done for the actual reactor built, NOT from data sheets as, those values were for the initial calculations. Amount of effective "normal" transformer coupling needs to be determined and eliminated, only 100% parametric coupling is desired. This can result in an extra couple turns on one core for a power winding or a few turns of the mutual bias winding on one core over the other. Control bias winding generally needs to have a low inductance for pulse applications (only on ≤ 25% of the time, no negative excursions, completely damped). Conversely the power winding needs to have as large of inductance as possible, but is limited by various factors in design.

Hope that helps,
                          Garrett M
                          Thanks, it does help. I'll be pulling out the Arduino board for the next experiments. I have tried many different setups using sine waves and haven't gotten the results for which I am looking. I still have a few more blank magamp toroids that I'll wind per your suggestion in a post a while back.

I have a problem understanding the significance of permeability plotted from a BH curve where the origin moving into the next quadrant isn't (0,0) on the graph. For example:

You can see that when the BH plot starts from (0,0) that the corresponding permeability acts normal, starting at a minimum, climbing to a peak, and tapering off again. However, when the permeability is plotted according to a BH curve that transitions from one magnetic force orientation to the other, the permeability approaches (+/-) infinity when H=0. Can somebody explain to me how to derive the real instantaneous permeability from the latter situation? Or does it really mathematically approach infinity?

Thanks,

Dave
                          Last edited by Web000x; 12-20-2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Tesla Ether Tape #2

Lambda,
                            Tesla Ether Tape #2.
                            Checked again and is definately missing and all the others appear to be ok.
                            Tried to download again but won't let me.
                            There is a Trojan virus attached to the first site which you will need to clean out of your systems.
                            'Stopzilla' is a good cleaner.
                            Concen appears to be ok.

Smokey

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
                              Thanks, it does help. I'll be pulling out the Arduino board for the next experiments. I have tried many different setups using sine waves and haven't gotten the results for which I am looking. I still have a few more blank magamp toroids that I'll wind per your suggestion in a post a while back.

I have a problem understanding the significance of permeability plotted from a BH curve where the origin moving into the next quadrant isn't (0,0) on the graph. For example:

You can see that when the BH plot starts from (0,0) that the corresponding permeability acts normal, starting at a minimum, climbing to a peak, and tapering off again. However, when the permeability is plotted according to a BH curve that transitions from one magnetic orientation to the other, the permeability approaches (+/-) infinity when H=0. Can somebody explain to me how to derive the real instantaneous permeability from the latter situation? Or does it really mathematically approach infinity?

Thanks,

Dave
                              I thought of trying to explain, but figured it'd take wayyy to much typing, so I'll point you here. Permeability and saturation : Magnetism And Electromagnetism

The horizontal line represents "storage" or hysteresis. hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                                Lambda - Awesome now that Vril Compendium is complete! I am seeding.

7redorbs - I love your passion & commitment mate. Good luck with the book.

T-rex - I loved the recent Wardenclyffe Interlude post. It certainly gives us some insight into your life, of both good fortune and horibble suffering, it does seem to parallel with Nikola Tesla.

Hammond Mfg. - Transformer Index

For those that want to save money, a filament transformer can be constructed from a MOT, remove the HV secondary and rewind it with thick wire of few turns. (Measure voltage per single turn and wind accordingly). For 10 volts AC at 12.5 amps (304TL) the MOT may need 10 to 12 turns or so with large cable and it should supply enough juice for the filament?

I hope the $4K is recovered and directed towards Eric.
                                here is a decent site covering how to build your own transformer, the calcs can use a bit of tweaking as his are very specific to his "core sheet" but that's a simple thing with basic geometry and trig.

Comment

Working...
                                X