This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett,
    I'm glad I'm not alone in the tube fascination. The more I've been researching the ability to generate a LM plasma signal the more I keep coming back to Farnsworths work and the illusive multipactor.

Erics right in that there may not be any connection to an electrostatically derived mode and his TEM based one for telluric transmission, in his the earth is the antennae and the counterpoise is the aether or in modern terms dark energy, as best as I can figure it. This is the key though, the LM wave is beyond our dimension, we are confined to 3 spacial coordinates and a persistence of emergent time, the electrostatic longitudinal wave is outside our 3 dimensions. I believe this is where we get tripped up, we can not envision an antennae or any type of physical apparatus in dimensions beyond ours. The only way we know of such things is the mathematics developed to handle the physical phenomenons we measure, the mathematical constructs point to odd things we don't understand. I.e. the singularity, we don't understand it, it's an infinite point/line/plane, it's beyond our 3D.

There are lots of things to cover and grasp, we know that Eric has managed to further Teslas work and develop a way to produce an LM wave bound to the telluric side. I think that once we have a better grasp of how that is done we can develop or evolve that to a pure electrostatic mode.

There is much reference work to sift thru, I found a great addition that I'll need to put on the 'ol Christmas list; A. S. Gilmour Jr., Consulting, St Cloud, FL 34771 - index

another interesting bit before I forget, A.C waveform on the grid. with each cycle the grid potential changes, this has a problem of when the voltage drops the electron energy slows, at low enough fq's the energy is cancelled out, higher voltage will drive the electron cloud far enough to impact the anode and not need a return to the grid or cathode where it would absorb energy, but there is still a percentage of loss. now what would happen if the grid was controlled by a DC pulsed signal? look closely at Farnsworths patents and Erics recent schematics.

running short on time this morning, add more later...

Comment

• Great find

Originally posted by Lambda View Post
      Hi John, although I have emailed you the torrent file, I was finally able to upload it to another site, I kept getting an error and gave up last night, the description was too long. Anyhow, here is the link for those who don't want to register with concen.org.

Lost Sciences & Vril Archive - G. Vassilatos publications (download torrent) - TPB

Thank you Lambda,

These are a very impressive collection of technical information, wonderful find. Much larger content than I thought.

I might also even be able to listen to the audio files today while at work.

I bet even those who think Vassilatos material is fantasy, (not me) download and read & listen to this material.

T-rex may even raise a smile now that it has surfaced?

Also thank you T-rex for the answer on how Lightening works.

XTAL XCVR RIG WID RTTY

73 DE Sputins.
      "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• 1000Hz Crystal radio..

OK, who has actually managed to get the 1000Hz scale crystal set to work? I'm having a dickens of a time getting anywhere on that scale, the 4Mhz build was vastly easier and tuned with about a week of fiddling around.

I got zip nada nothing on the 1000Hz AM band, strange considering there are many 50K~100k watt stations around.

scratching my head, I can only gather that the calcs are lacking for that Fq, that doesn't add though as Eric would know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by madhatter View Post
          OK, who has actually managed to get the 1000Hz scale crystal set to work? I'm having a dickens of a time getting anywhere on that scale, the 4Mhz build was vastly easier and tuned with about a week of fiddling around.

I got zip nada nothing on the 1000Hz AM band, strange considering there are many 50K~100k watt stations around.

scratching my head, I can only gather that the calcs are lacking for that Fq, that doesn't add though as Eric would know that.
          Do you mean radio reception with the 4 Mc? The secondary should work quite easily by itself. I'd recommend using some sort of amplifier on the audio output at this stage instead of the crystal earpiece, so you can actually hear what's going on. In my opinion the easiest way to find a signal would be to remove any primary condenser and tune the secondary down until you hear something.
          http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
            Do you mean radio reception with the 4 Mc? The secondary should work quite easily by itself. I'd recommend using some sort of amplifier on the audio output at this stage instead of the crystal earpiece, so you can actually hear what's going on. In my opinion the easiest way to find a signal would be to remove any primary condenser and tune the secondary down until you hear something.
            Not on the 4Mhz, I built a pair of 4Mhz coil sets for push pull, I also built a set for the 1000Hz AM band but it never worked, decided to go back and modify it with new 2ndary wire, tried various primary setups. nothing, strangely the large setup just isn't working. I've got enough copper plate to build a large condensor for the primary but not sure that will do much if I can't get anything to start with.

Comment

• Waveguides & Vacuum Tubes & Electrometers

Radio Engineering Terman:

http://www.tubebooks.org/Books/Happell_engineering.pdf

Waveguide Charts:

http://www.engr.sjsu.edu/rkwok/EE172/circular_WG.JPG

Terman doesn't actually go into waveguides so selected another set.
              However, he does go into photocells and 2050s and a good circuit there with component values.
              Think Eric was thinking of another book and will upload when I find which one it was.

garretM4,
              Working with Vacuum Tubes is simply sheer fun!
              You are working in an area that I have lots of data for in Electrometers but have not been there for a while as the simple pickup head with the bridge 1N34As has told me how to distinguish between TEM and LMD.
              Contact for TEM, no contact for LMD, that simple.
              I have many other sensitive Electrometers here but nothing as simple as the above.
              No coils required just a probe as you would use in a waveguide is sufficient, mine are bent hooks to fit over a bolt shaft.

The CSI at this time is booming with a very loud signal and attempting to tune to bring it into a speaker.
              Trying regenerative feedback but a new art is in the making as this will be done with more Germanium and not coils and condensers.

Have been collecting Vacuum Tubes here that were specifically designed for Electrometer use including a rather large Vibron Electrometer unit from the UK but has the vibrating capacitor head missing but am going to substitute with one of Gregory Hodowanec's FET inputs which I have here in an 'E' field meter.
              Has a very large analogue meter and the large inside is pristine in condition where I was going to use the parts for other projects but simply to good to dismantle.

Technology of today may be smaller and more convenient to use but it is specifically designed for a single purpose and all the other manifestations that are also going on at the same time are simply lost but in the vintage Tube scene, you get to see all the phenomena that is right there at your fingertips.
              Some of the Tubes just for Electrometer work are 6BE6, 6BS7, 14001/2/3/4, Beckman 931, 932, Hivac XE2, examples here:

Inverted Electron Tube High Input Impedance Circuit Amplifier Electrometer

The purpose of this Post was to show that we already have a means of detecting the LMD 'wave' in the simple pickup head and easily discriminates against the TEM.
              Will still recommend the 3.1 Kohm total impedance of the Trimm of Chicago headphones.
              The higher the impedance, the better.
              Will put up some pics at 'n6kph'.

Good to see others enjoying this new world opening up before everyone in vintage Vacuum Tubes.

If you build the detecting head as I have described many times, it will allow you to probe your CSI to find where your signal is hiding and you just might find that it is behind some of that bad Math.

The variable condenser in between secondary and extra works well and is tuneable and recommended to increase signal level as against the copper rings.

Smokey
              Last edited by David G Dawson; 12-12-2012, 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Not on the 4Mhz, I built a pair of 4Mhz coil sets for push pull, I also built a set for the 1000Hz AM band but it never worked, decided to go back and modify it with new 2ndary wire, tried various primary setups. nothing, strangely the large setup just isn't working. I've got enough copper plate to build a large condensor for the primary but not sure that will do much if I can't get anything to start with.
                Have you done any frequency sweeps on it? The frequency is probably too low with the extra coil so technically a "1000 kc system" as originally designed needs to be scaled down (if bypassing the 1/4 + 1/4 wave resonance problem, which is probably best in order to get immediate results), in order to get the frequency back up. But the secondary alone should work easy enough at 1000 kc. I could pick up at least 3 different stations on the flat spiral so you should be able to get something. I'd remove everything, start with the secondary, and start waving my hands about for some capacitance/tuning, with the audio amplifier turned up. It might be very sensitive so you might completely miss it without a method of fine tuning and enough volume.
                Last edited by dR-Green; 12-11-2012, 08:58 AM.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Moray was likely hands-on experienced with negative resistance crystal oscillators as well, and was said to have constructed his own self-healing (quartz powder) shorting-capacitors, which if used in series with an outdoor antenna would suddenly+repeatedly pull charge into his early energy receiver circuits.

His use of radioactive crystals would then enhance 'reception', though the radiated interference must have been horrendous.

Cheers ......... Graham.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Have you done any frequency sweeps on it? The frequency is probably too low with the extra coil so technically a "1000 kc system" as originally designed needs to be scaled down (if bypassing the 1/4 + 1/4 wave resonance problem, which is probably best in order to get immediate results), in order to get the frequency back up. But the secondary alone should work easy enough at 1000 kc. I could pick up at least 3 different stations on the flat spiral so you should be able to get something. I'd remove everything, start with the secondary, and start waving my hands about for some capacitance/tuning, with the audio amplifier turned up. It might be very sensitive so you might completely miss it without a method of fine tuning and enough volume.
                    Ahh, see geometry is important, you used a flat spiral. I've tried a flat spiral and that does have some reception, however the std coil is not proving to be productive at this frequency. In the borderland video Erics coil setup was for ~3Mhz so I wonder if anyone has had any results at the much lower frequency.

Comment

Ahh, see geometry is important, you used a flat spiral. I've tried a flat spiral and that does have some reception, however the std coil is not proving to be productive at this frequency. In the borderland video Erics coil setup was for ~3Mhz so I wonder if anyone has had any results at the much lower frequency.
                      My flat spiral was at 882 kc. Another station was China Radio which according to wikipedia is 846 kc, 900 kc or 1008 kc. So I don't think frequency is the problem.

Apparently the China Radio signal is coming from Beijing??

News Center (846 AM in Beijing)
                      Language Studio (1008 AM in Beijing)
                      ... now the frequency 900 AM is occupied by CRI News Radio (Beijing only).
                      China Radio International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      Last edited by dR-Green; 12-12-2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• 1000 Kcps

Originally posted by madhatter View Post
                        I also built a set for the 1000Hz AM band but it never worked, decided to go back and modify it with new 2ndary wire, tried various primary setups. nothing, strangely the large setup just isn't working.
                        @Madhatter
                        So with a rig setup for 1000 Kcps .. You recieved nothing?

So with the given formula, the rig size would be about: Secondary coil diameter would be 0.76 meters, height 0.15 meters. (76cm : 15cm) Secondary wire length 47.74 meters.

Wonder why the larger rig isnt working?

@ Dr G: (And perhps you've ansewerd this already but i've missed it) What test equipment (oscillator / generator / amplifier/ scope) are you using to drive & test your coils? This equipment (beyond 1Mhz) I am lacking and I would like to buy something suitable, at a resonable prices. The lack of this equipment is somewhat holding me back.

@All
                        I have visited some local Ham radio clubs of recent times, looking to learn more and to eventually obtain a licence etc. I have seen demonstrated, an interfacing a computer using various programs to code and decode RTTY (actually Baudot code) To trasmit and recieve, connected to their RIG. Some of these programs are downloadable for free, like 'Hamscope' and MMTTY.
                        Although I have no idea how to use these programs as yet. Here are some links.

HamScope

Downloading & Installing MMTTY

The alternative 'Underground' internet?
                        Last edited by Sputins; 12-12-2012, 05:55 AM. Reason: brain fade
                        "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                          @ Dr G: (And perhps you've ansewerd this already but i've missed it) What test equipment (oscillator / generator / amplifier/ scope) are you using to drive & test your coils? This equipment (beyond 1Mhz) I am lacking and I would like to buy something suitable, at a resonable prices. The lack of this equipment is somewhat holding me back.
                          I'm using this

MWG05 1Hz - 5MHz DDS Signal Generator Source Module TTL Output with Sweep Scan | eBay

But as a warning I'd say you get what you pay for. I can do a frequency sweep and get all the measurements, then go back to the start and the noted measurements are 2mV out. So that wastes some time, what seems to make it a bit better is to turn it on an hour before I want to use it and do some frequency changes. It acts differently above and below the resonant frequency of the coil so apparently doing this before taking measurements makes it a bit more reliable. But it's ok considering the price of the nicer signal generators, the USB interface is a nice feature.

For measurement, the scope is a Pico ADC-200, being PC based it has meters and XY scope and spectrum analyser etc so it can almost do everything that's required here in itself. But digital being what it is, it's "acceptable".

On the analogue side, AVO 100μA ammeter which is now a part of the ARRL RF current probe and was originally used as the "Field Intensity Meter" Eric posted. TMK Model 500 works ok to measure the potential on the 2.5V AC range, but the AVO Model 8 Mk2 does not. 1.5v 15mA bulbs are currently in transport via the Chinese connection (ebay).

Amplifier is a DIY 2N2222 with 50 ohm output impedance which I just got up and running a few days ago but needs some tweaking for more voltage gain. At the moment I only have 2v RMS going to the single turn test coil, but it's finally an amp that works I'm starting to be able to light neons and fluorescent tubes with the coil when it's unearthed.

Comment

• Bassdrive.com will be live "on earth" on 3095 kc for the next 7 minutes

Notes: With nothing but an AV plug and a crystal earpiece I can connect to any earth point in the house and pick up an audible signal. Audible field range around the coil is approx 1.5 metres, or 3 metres diameter.

Comment

Bassdrive.com will be live "on earth" on 3095 kc for the next 7 minutes

Notes: With nothing but an AV plug and a crystal earpiece I can connect to any earth point in the house and pick up an audible signal. Audible field range around the coil is approx 1.5 metres, or 3 metres diameter.
                              explain a bit more please, are you broadcasting a signal? receiving a signal from? need a bit more details to follow.

I haven't sat down and crunched the numbers but I do note from my notes that a .6vrms @0dbm signal magnified to ~3vrms on the extra when it was capacitive connected, that was also a push pull setup.

Comment

explain a bit more please, are you broadcasting a signal? receiving a signal from? need a bit more details to follow.
                                I was broadcasting with the test setup, only difference was audio modulating the signal generator amplifier amplitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X