This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question, Mr Wizard the Lizard...

Not having enough material on hand to construct the coils in the kHz range I instead built mirror pairs for 4MHz. took some tweaking on the extra coil capacitance but managed to get a near 45* line on the 'O'scope still had a bit of a loop to it. need to dig up the pics.

couple things I noticed, it was exhibiting strange effects on my cellphone, the phone was squaking and buzzing of it's own accord, ended up pulling the battery out. I had a shortwave receiver set to pick up at 4MHz but it was dead silent. the session didn't last long as the signal generator stopped producing the signal, it powers up and will only produce a single base fq now. it also perhaps coincidentally seemed to attract 'fly overs'. that was all a yr ago.

Is there any reason to assume that the FTL transmission of this nature is being monitored? however that opens another question...
    the single coil arrangement is passively receptive to the radio stations output and then transmitting without reception. In building a mirrored pair one is transmitting and the other receiving, correct? In taking measurements and getting a feel for the setup I was able to notice that measuring the transmitter side interfered with the receptive side, and vise versa. it would seem to be a very 'closed loop' data stream from a security standpoint. it would also point to a 'feedback' loop that would eventually self-destruct, right? how to modulate that would be key. now, if there is some sort of monitoring for such signals then wouldn't that be manifest when trying to 'tune' the coils? esp if it's a single transmitting set?

If I'm way off or wrong, please let me know. receiving a 'radio' wave of the sub C variety is passive, the telluric current signal would feedback to the source. this would probably explain why my generator is no longer generating.

powering bulbs, etc.. are now part of the circuit actively, neon bulbs would be easier to manage due to the low current draw and effect on the 'feedback' they are self limiting, a resistive element is not self limiting but would sink to failure, once the circuit is balanced for bulb being in place. LED's are in-between but as I found they still go 'pop'. Is that close?

that's my haphazard post, I hope it wasn't to confusing.

I'm toying with the idea of sending the coils to someone who may want to test them further. I'm short on free time for the next couple months.

Comment

• Vacuum Tube Questions

Hello Eric,
      Good to see you back - have just read your Wardenclyffe episodes and can only apologise that humanity in general, just sucks through being engineered!
      Have a letter in the post to you at Lone Pine with many pictures and also questions about the Vacuum Tube schematics you presented which I have built and now looking at the 6SN7 isolation amplifier as you have recommended.

Copy of letter:
      Questions:
      1. Tesla Transformer Pulse Generator (TTPG) - what is 'NET' on your schematic and assume this to be the Condenser as being part of the Primary and also the variable Shunt Condenser which I have just completed fitting as per your instructions from Page 13 of your old site?

2. Not using the filaments on the 2050 as none are drawn on the schematic?

3. I am about ready to fire up the CSI using the pulser and not real sure what to expect and have available many lamps (Neon, Krypton, Xenon, UV, Halogen, Carbon, Leds, Fluoros, CFLs and Argon Tubes) and E-Field receiving devices, Radios and a Yaesu FT-901D Transceiver and a 7.5" Plasma bulb but would like to know exactly what I should be doing at this point although I do have a plan in mind but you probably had something already planned as you gave out the pulser and receiver schematics.

4. Cosmic Ray Detector (CRD) - Had the impression that this was going to be used outside where it would detect the Cosmic Rays but don't ever believe it would be able to manage the required volts on the firing grid.
      'Receptor' is a 13" aluminium frying pan lid with an 8" threaded rod up the centre and looks like a dish like Goldstone/Tidbinbilla/Madrid.
      Tried over several days but nothing happened.
      It then occurred to me that this may be what you were using to tune your CIG as it needed an appreciable signal before it could be fired.
      Your help would be appreciated as I am probably incorrect here.

I actually had a Western Electric dual coil here of 500 ohms each out of an old wall Phone probably dating back to 1920s odd and also have an Ericsson of the same era.
      The Magneto out of this unit is extremely heavy and waiting to be refurbished.

Have not as yet built the coils for the Regenerative Magnifying Receiver (RMR) but will be completed shortly.

5. PP-18/AR:
      Only thing not known here is the Henry value of the two input/output Inductances L1A/L1B and expect it to be high and would guess 20 but possibly even higher to 30 Henry?
      Could you advise please?

6. You mentioned a distinct negative with respect to 240v and 50hz and 240 x 1.414 = 339 volt and was wondering why so bad compared to 110/60?

Will get some pics off to you via another source and hopefully you can view them there.
      Appreciate your assistance.
      Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• Following this thread is maddening.

Seems everyone is going along their own path with no indication of what is being worked on, no larger group effort focused on a simple replicated project.

A simple project that any teenager could put together would be the one thing that could vault this out into the open. Teenagers put together Tesla coils all the time, for halloween displays...

The tech seems to be the same, can it not be altered to do a simple longitudinal radio demonstration? I know Eric already did this in this borderlands video from the 80's but can it be broken down even further and a step by step tutorial written up?

I am game to write this thing up but it seems another 6 months of research AND experimentation will be required. Surely with all the knowledge here and a little team work this could all be speed up?

for example this 15 year old from Sierre Leone in Africa has taught himself electronics and has setup his own radio station. He is exactly who we need to get this information out too. But of course it needs to be presented in such a way that gives them an immediate PATH TO ACTION which all young people need to get excited about any tech.
        Self-taught African Teen Wows M.I.T. - YouTube

Dollard Tech needs a stepping stone to be embraced by the young masses. I propose some core folks on here get together and present a little project. First let's agree on something that would #1 any teenager could do #2 be "cool" enough to get people excited and #3 not raise any eye brows.

Lets just start listening ideas. we can call it PROJECT Dollard Presents

here are some examples

1. a little transmitter and receiver for longitudinal radio that can be built for under $100 bucks and transmit radio signals in a way that modern transverse tech cannot. maybe even enough power to light a bulb at the other end.. a mile or so?

2. the experiment where Eric creates the theory of creation in a bulb... can we scale this down to a coca cola bottle? This persian guy keshe was doing something like this was a coca cola plastic bottle but it sucked and he seems like a fraud to me, we can do better!

Everyone please chime in and contribute here. Movements need good marketing to survive and that is my speciality. I wrote the short dollard bio and setup the fundrasier. Please chip in ideas. all of us working alone in the dark for a 100 years won't equal one minute of us working together.
        Last edited by techzombie; 11-25-2012, 09:28 AM.
        Banned For Illegal Activities / Fraud

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
          Dr Green,

From your you tube video you have a HALF WAVE on your secondary and a three eigths wave on your extra coil. The exciting frequency is too high then as indicated by the space distribution with your probe, this a potential device. Neons are better than LED, or make a capacitance pickup for your oscilloscope. With oscillator on X axis and probe on Y axis you can measure phase shift. Read Vol II, Communication Networks, Introduction for distributed constants definition.

If your extra coil RAISES the secondary frequency, it is magnetic inductive and wire is too long. If it drops the secondary frequency it is dielectric capacitive and wire is too short on the extra coil. Note, you must have primary condenser on primary loop.

Also, place a RF milliammeter in neutral to ground connection for indication of Telluric output. The 6SN7 driver I gave in past can give you more power so as to light lamps.

73 DE N6KPH
          Thanks Mr. Wizard. That explains a lot of things. So is the best way to go about it to tune the secondary to 3670 kc with the condenser rings, connect a primary condenser and tune it for maximum potential, and then play with the extra coil tuning without adjusting the secondary at all? That makes most sense to me if connecting the extra coil isn't supposed to alter the secondary tuning in any way, and it would certainly bring sight to the blind! If so, would it be the tuning/frequency (through terminal capacitance) of the extra coil, or the actual physical wire length that governs the coupling? I have a feeling it's the latter and I'm going to have to make more coils.

I can see why LEDs aren't ideal, the RF current probe is a much better instrument and shows a lot more. I've been considering making a basic amplifier using a 2N2222 transistor or something in the meantime just to get a bit higher voltage to test with while I save up for parts. Below is an image of what can be seen using both probes, and there's a video in which the meter can only just be seen, but the image shows the same thing anyway. The lines in the image aren't really to proportion. The next test will be to remove some terminal capacitance and see what this new probe reveals.

Frequencies here are secondary - 2993 kc
          Extra coil direct - 3033 kc
          Extra coil 10pF - 3437 kc

TMT RF Current Probe-01 - YouTube

Thanks
          Last edited by dR-Green; 11-26-2012, 03:25 AM.
          http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Dr Green Setup

1) Dr Green, your experiments have determined the coil characteristics well. It should be noted that when I first presented the tentative formulae for a secondary, as well as an extra, resonator, the two were NOT matched to each other, but only served as examples of design. At that time I found that an extra coil resonator for that given secondary was physically too small. Conversely one could say the secondary resonator need to be larger with less turns, a lower inductance.

2) Standing wave measurement is crucial in understanding Tesla Transformer operation. These are no longer just inductance coils, but are now complex transmission networks such as waveguides. Common electro-magnetic thinking is is useless here, thus the inability for understanding by the pedant. Never the less a good understanding of basic transmission line principles is required in this study, or understanding will be futile.

The coil networks or waveguides considered here are harmonic resonators, and as resonators the condition must exist that the total energy of the dielectric field must equal the total energy in the magnetic field. Maxwell fails us here in that energy is now a complex quantity in space. The pedant will never get it.

Detectors for pickup of the potential or current along the coil distance variable are of a critical design, since the instensity of the electric field is so high. Electronics is of no use here, Marconi era devices from yesteryear must be employed in resonant transformer work. See book "UHF Simplified" , Kiver.

Small electric lamps are best. Ne-2 neon lamps make good potential probes. On the end of a stick, one wire points at the resonator, the other wire is tapped to a small metal foil on the stick, about an inch down from the neon lamp. For current probes small incandescent lamps exist, 1.5 volt at 60 milliamps typical. This lamp is on the end of a stick connected to a 3" diameter coil "loop" of magnet wire. This will measure current. The Ham Radio setup in use now may give faulty readings as it is electro-magnetic and not magnetic.

A small RF (thermocouple) milliampere meter is better than the incandescent, but has more capacity.

A wire point, for the dielectric, and a wire loop, for the magnetic can be at the end of the stick with no lamp, but a small co-axial line to an oscilloscope, here then the lag or lead angle along the distance variable can be determined as well as the field intensity.

Finally, the graph for the lower frequency resonance is the concatenated mode, as shown for your setup. The higher is a harmonic , no good.

For this lower F mode shown each resonator is in a quarter wave distribution. The "current" probe is picking up more than that it looks to me. The degree of impedance mismatch between extra and secondary is important, it is a sort of index refraction. (Review my writing on the QuadraPolar Resonator). The degree of mismatch should be large as related to the characteristic impedance of the coils. It is important that the stored energy in each coil be mostly reflected at its point of interconnection to its companion coil, this ensures maximum magnification.

73 DE N6KPH
            SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
            Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

• techzombie:

chime chime chime:

Originally posted by techzombie View Post
              Following this thread is maddening.

A simple project that any teenager could put together would be the one thing that could vault this out into the open. Teenagers put together Tesla coils all the time, for halloween displays...

The tech seems to be the same, can it not be altered to do a simple longitudinal radio demonstration? I know Eric already did this in this borderlands video from the 80's but can it be broken down even further and a step by step tutorial written up?

Lets just start listening ideas. we can call it PROJECT Dollard Presents

here are some examples

1. a little transmitter and receiver for longitudinal radio that can be built for under $100 bucks and transmit radio signals in a way that modern transverse tech cannot. maybe even enough power to light a bulb at the other end.. a mile or so?
              I sincerely hope you can convince someone(s) to do something like you suggest, not just for teenagers, but for those of us who, regretfully, do not have a lot on electronic skills and therefore can not design such things for ourselves.

Especially, something like your #1 suggestion, but hopefully in a way that can be scaled up to allow obtaining power remotely in amounts greater than just enough to light a single light bulb. Personally, I suspect that was how Tesla powered his car in Buffalo (possible transferring the power from his lab in NYC). The box was possibly nothing more than a tuned receiver to receive and use the wireless power transmission.

Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
                Conversely one could say the secondary resonator need to be larger with less turns, a lower inductance.
                With the existing wire length? I think the RF current probe is measuring more of the potential when the other end of the ferrite core is facing the coil, it seems to be quite sensitive to direction/angle. I'm going to do some tests now anyway starting with the magnetic loop to oscilloscope before I change any of the tuning, and then see about raising the frequency. Back shortly.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• That took a lot longer than I expected. The main thing to note is that at 2330 kc putting the loop anywhere near the extra coil not only caused that probe's reading to drop, but also the probe across the oscillator goes from 1.4V to around 150mV, more so towards the top of the coil, hence the XY reading gets smaller and smaller. This test is mainly to get an idea of how the wire loop and scope probe works. The first step was to place it near the primary and put it the right way round to show 0 degrees. The numbers indicate the test points.

X axis = 1V/div
                  Y axis = 100mV/div

Last edited by dR-Green; 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by garrettm4
                    I have Ernst Guillemin's Communication Networks Vol 2 (book)... So if you know of any chapters you would like for reading let me know and I will scan them in for you.
                    Is there any chance you could scan the Introduction that Eric mentioned? I thought I saw it posted before but I couldn't find it earlier. Just managed to track down Vol 1 and 2 so I ordered them both before they disappeared but they will probably take ages to get here, so I would appreciate a scan in the meantime if that part isn't too big. Thanks

Comment

• Vedic Math & pi & pHi

Don't believe I have referenced 'The Measuring System Of The Gods' (Wayne Thompson) to you as yet but might pay to visit so you can learn why the Math never turns out quite as expected:

Untitled Page

RHS down the bottom - pi is not what your calculator gives you as it is given as a fraction in decimal as 22/7 = 3.142857143.
                      The true value of pi is 3.24 - I found this out at about 12 years of age as my teacher had not bothered to tell me how that number was achieved and I worked it out myself to everybody's amazement.
                      I accurately cut out a circle and rotated it along a straight line and came out with exactly 3.24.
                      Betting the Teacher himself (nice guy) didn't know either and had accepted it as a constant.
                      So now go do some Math and you will see where your errors are and why my secondary coil works best at 17 turns and not 20.
                      To do this you need the TEM/LMD probe head and the high impedance Headphones - it IS a Crystal Set you know.
                      It's only 9.6mm difference in radius but spread over 20 turns brings it back to turn 17 and don't try to explain that with any other Math as we are not dealing with length of wire here.
                      What this means is that I need to use Eric's initial secondary calculation and apply the new pi and work for 17 turns and not 20.

This now gets interesting when you do a pi/2 and what do you get 3.24/2 = 1.62 and that is now so close to pHi that it makes not much difference.
                      Have always seen pHi as a non-constant number and considered it to be a growing and decaying number as it represents Nature in all its glory.
                      You have something that chases its tail and recommences the growing and then decaying phenomena - self organising.
                      This has been repeated from Bruce Cathie in his book ' The Pulse Of The Universe, Harmonic 288' and Bruce is another New Zealander like Wayne and a country you don't go to if you are researching 'Energy Synthesis'.
                      I have always had a problem with music that it was discordant and this is the reason why as the chords are slightly off tune and not truly harmonic.

Wayne Thompson is building a rotating magnetic device similar to Ed Leedskalnin's Wheel and has based its measurements on harmonics as Ed did and as Eric Dollard has also presented but went unnoticed with respect to the Log Periodic Antenna.
                      In my Navy days at Darwin TX Station, the antenna to always use when you had so much atmospheric crap to break through was the LPA as it was steerable as well which gave you pin point pointing.
                      I apologise to all as I had forgotten about the miscarriage of justice with respect to pi and am now correcting the error.

In Wayne's 'About Me' you will see a coil that is chasing its tail by repeatedly charging and discharging itself and this is an Electret with a difference - self organising.

Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• Germanium

GSM,
                        Quote:
                        "Germanium devices could not go HF with any current (slew rate limited), and also susceptible to thermal runaway. Silicon solved both problems".

Thankyou for that as I was not aware of that fact.
                        However, as a medium to detect what is emanating from the CSI it is still one of the most productive.
                        Have not done what you have suggested with the OC16G but will do so.

Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• Dr Green - Lissajous curve

For the Doc, and those interested. a decent wiki page on the o-scope traces he measured.
                          Lissajous curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

those shows the X-Y phase relation. a std EM wave would have a trace of a circle or ellipse depending on the phase angle. complete rotation of -j would get a 45* line. the input though needs to be E on X or Y and B on the other, so if you measure the E field with probe 1 on the X axis then you would measure the B field on the Y axis input with probe 2.

the goal is to have the phase 0* between the B & E fields. Eric mentions this in older posts, probably a yr or more ago.

Comment

• Thanks for the additional info Madhatter

Comment

• David Dawson

Questions;

1) The NETis network, a "Guillemen Line"

2) Filaments are always assumed, not drawn, so connect Filament 6.3 VAC

3) What is CSI? Useful spellings please.

4) The Cosmic detector tube is a Geiger/Muller tube, only cathode is shown, show diagram so I can see it. Bell armature MUST break circuit to extinguish the OA4G.

5) Inductances are milliHenry valued chokes for commutation purposes.

6) 240 V /380 Y is stupid, Tesla hates it.

Questions (4) and (6) will be answered in great length soon. The Vril Compendium of Vassilatos is an encylcopedia of pre-Einstein science now taken off library shelves. It is a good source of ray information. See Tesla radiant matter patents.

73 DE N6KPH
                              SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
                              Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

• Apologies if this is already posted! I was attempting to get some Idea of what a resonant impulse wave might construct like .. This link popped out of google Longitudinal Waves | Reciprocal System v2 Forum
                                It referenced E.P.Ds video. and seems in full agreement with all he says. Its somewhat over my head but I thought you guys might enjoy it.
                                Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X