Diameter = 39.11cm
    Height = 37.13cm
    Number of turns = 100
    Conductor length = 122.87 metres
    Static inductance = 2.75mH
    Cosine quarter wave inductance = 1.56mH
    Free space self capacitance = 17.99pF
    Sine quarter wave effective capacitance = 30.29pF

Plus 25.3pF terminal gives the desired result, as far as inductance and capacitance is concerned and as far as I understand it. But the frequency is way off.

Going by the scale ratio of 0.024... so it's in proportion with the secondary and the total wire length in the system is scaled by the same factor

Extra coil frequency (free) = 4807066.667 cycles/sec
    Diameter = 6.08cm
    Height = 5.77cm
    Number of turns = 100
    Conductor length = 19.11 metres
    Static inductance = 427.86µH
    Cosine quarter wave inductance = 243.15µH
    Free space self capacitance = 2.79pF
    Sine quarter wave effective capacitance = 4.71pF

But then the problem would be that the extra coil won't be seen as an inductance, so I expect the end frequency would be closer to 1000 kc than 1860.
    http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Dr Green

Two factors exist, the LC root frequency, and the L over C root impedance. The frequency is scaled but the impedance should be the same. It is a math knot. I would directly scale wire length in this case. Use an equivalent wire length and fool with coil diameters etc to find a fit. Try to keep L to C ratio, Z squared same for scale model as full size unit.
      SUPPORT ERIC DOLLARD'S WORK AT EPD LABORATORIES, INC.

Purchase Eric Dollard's Books & Videos: Eric Dollard Books & Videos
      Donate by Paypal: Donate to EPD Laboratories

Comment

• Taking the most accurate measurements I can find in CS Notes, I have for the (original) extra coil

L = 17.68mH
        C (total) = 435.67pF
        F = 57337 cycles/sec
        Z = 6371 ohms
        L/C = Z² = 405925383.53

This is going to be tricky! Interestingly I get the same impedance for both variations of the scaled down extra coils above. I'm not sure how to integrate the end capacitance into this though?
        Last edited by dR-Green; 08-03-2013, 02:44 AM.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• As above:

Extra coil frequency (free) = 4807066.667 cycles/sec
          Diameter = 6.08cm
          Height = 5.77cm
          Number of turns = 100
          Conductor length = 19.11 metres
          Static inductance = 427.86µH
          Cosine quarter wave inductance = 243.15µH
          Free space self capacitance = 2.79pF
          Sine quarter wave effective capacitance = 4.71pF

Inductance of scaled extra coil over the original L/C ratio gives target end capacitance C = 10.54pF

This gives
          L/C = Z² = 405925383.53
          Z = 6371 ohms
          F = 2369953 cycles/sec
          Last edited by dR-Green; 08-03-2013, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
            I want to see more demonstrations of what people are doing
            I really feel out of my depth following much of the technical aspects of everything being discussed at this point and right now just trying very simple experiments with a CCFL inverter like this.

Doing lots of reading and trying to catch up in the meantime. By the way, reading Le Bon really brings home the fact that Einstein's whole credit for energy-mass equivalence was a cover-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
              I forgot to mention, this is a clip from a BBC Horizon episode called The Core which might be of interest

What's it Like at the Centre of the Earth? - Horizon: The Core - BBC Two - YouTube
              How could all these crystals pointing at the north pole account for polar drift?

Comment

Two spark gaps preserve the balance/2 phase form of oscillation. Everything must be absolutely symmetrical.

KEEP THE QUESTIONS COMING
                Thank you Eric, much appreciated.

Vtech
                'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• In the Scarecrow (Hendershot) interview, you talked about blue and orange on TV being bad... what do these colors do?

Comment

• Surface of coils

I'm trying to understand the equal mass law between primary and secondary coil.

When I take the video 'Tesla's Longitudinal Electricity - Eric Dollard, Peter Lindemann _ Tom Brown' (44 minutes) as my base I get the following lengths for the coils:
                    also look at these

Primary diameter is 26 inch. There are 3 layers and 2 turns so the total length is prox
                    L=1306 cm (10 mil sheet bronze)

Secondary outer diameter is 18 inch inner diameter is 13,5 inch. There are 2 layers so total length is prox
                    L=5026 cm (15 gauge coax)

If I use 10 mil thickness 1 inch wide for the primary conductor (8,5g/cm3 bronze) and for the mass of the secundary coax shield of 0,0354 g/cm (someone in this thread has measured that) than I get masses that are way of (716g - 178g)

Should I conclude that only a small portion of the primary is effectively used? (Perhaps 5 mil is the skindepth at 4000khz ? )

And perhaps the thick 10 mil primary is for other reasons this thick like low inductance?

Or is it that I am complete off track and you all have identical total masses on primary and secondary?

Thanks!
                    Last edited by orgonaut314; 08-03-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

6SN7 runs best with 300 volts on the plate. 6SN7 will put out a good 5 watts at this voltage. The cathode resistor should be 1000 ohms and for safety 2 watts carbon, ideally. Make sure not to burn the tube out. Put a ma meter on the plate circuit - not on the rf side. And make sure it stays around 20 ma. Your plate voltage looks too low and the cathode resistor is 10k in your circuit just for tuning and setup to ensure not to burn out the tube. Once you feel confident that everything is working ok, then you can go with the 300 volts on the plate and the 1k cathode resistor. Make sure both sections are in parallel.

http://www.hifitubes.nl/weblog/wp-co...g-sol-6sn7.pdf
                      Thanks Eric. Yeah, 91V on the plate right now. I'll post up the new setup once I get the parts together.

Comment

• Dr Green #1102

It is not important that the number of turns be equal to Colorado. Wire length is best to be the EXACT fraction of wavelength that existed in Colorado, same with Z.

Equal reactance in ohms & suceptance in Siemens for both scaled and Colorado. Frequency in proportion to the square root of inductance, inductance in proportion to the square of the turns and radius, both divided by a factor.

L equal radius squared, turns squared this over 9 radius plus 10 length.
                        Last edited by t-rex; 08-03-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Org134 #1108

The coils shown were designed for equal areas. Bronze was chosen for the primary to have maximum depth of penetration. Skin effect high for silver, a reflector. The primary is laminated to reduce eddy losses.

Comment

• Geometric Algebra #1109

Be careful to watch for parasitic oscillations at full power. Avoid sloppy leads and stray coupling. The 6SN7 at 450V is a powerful tube at Class C.

Comment

• J Barker #1107

The Goethean Color System defines two primary colors red and blue in the form of magenta & cyan. The bipolar orange / blue signals to the brain kind of like a binary code. Television psychotronics has had a long period of development, and the orange vs blue is undergoing modification. In general , green is excluded.

0) Orange is time to eat.
                              1) Blue is time to get sick.

Bipolar disorder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmhSXTMTtJM

Comment

• General

Too bad we lost Mad Hatter aka the Purple Multipactor. I gave the Colorado page numbers and these should be posted to see plainly.

Comment

Working...
                                X