Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eric Dollard

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I would also suggest (along with Ajay) adding in a variable capacitor (combo of fixed and variable) to act as tank capacitor on your primary coil system. It does improve the system overall, or at least the the current draw on your transmitter should reduce. (But I don't know what kind of Z match system you have).

    As a guess I'd say your two in phase primary circuit has an inductance of around 2 to 6 micro Henry's?
    Last edited by Sputins; 02-11-2016, 02:58 AM.
    "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

    Comment


    • Follow up for Sputins suggestions.

      Sputins,

      Thanks for the response, encouragement and observations!
      Bulb added to neutral line and then driven against a capacity, by your suggestion. Sorry don't know how to bracket out quotes yet.



      Using here the two conjugate wound coils in transmission mode.

      From Lab notes:

      Setup:

      Transmitting coil being driven through a 6 to 1 balun from the transmitter at about 80 watts. Neutrals connected together through current transformer, nothing is grounded. Bulbs used are 50 watt, 120 volt incandescent.

      Observations:

      1. One bulb on the three turn primary of the receiving coil,
      Fo 1833 KHz, E Field .348 volts, Neutral line current .57 amps.

      2. One bulb as in 1, with added bulb wired in series on the neutral line.
      Fo= 1833 KHz, E Field = .220 volts, Neutral line current= .28 amps.

      3. One bulb only wired in series on the neutral line.
      Fo= 1833 KHz. E Field = .245 volts, Neutral line current= .36 amps.

      With the bulb wired into the neutral line the tuning of the system is less sharp, indicating a lower ďQĒ and magnifying factor.

      The pictures below correspond to 1, 2 and 3 above respectively with the fourth photo a closer up shot of condition #2.














      Setup:
      Transmitting coil being driven through a 6 to 1 balun from the transmitter at about 50 watts this time. Neutral connected to ground, then off ground to steel trash can capacity with 50 watt bulb in series, then back to ground with same bulb in series.

      Observations:

      1. One coil being driven at itís primary with neutral connected to ground (through current transformer).
      Fo= 1844 KHz, E field= .765 volts, Neutral current 1.28 amps.

      2. One coil being driven at itís primary with neutral connected (through current transformer) in series with bulb to steel trash can termination.
      Fo= 1868. E Field= .423 volts, Neutral current= .57 amps. Bulb lit almost to full brilliancy.

      3. One coil being driven at itís primary with neutral connected (through current transformer) to bulb in series to ground.
      Fo= 1850. E= .215 volts, Neutral current = .28 amps. Bulb a little less bright.

      Interesting that the trash can provides a better counterpoise than the earth in the case where the bulb is in series with the neutral. Probably because it is under the effect of the near field of the driven coil. In either case the bulb reduces the neutral current and the E field of the coil compared to the hard wired neutral to ground. Also the Fo of the system goes up with the bulb in the circuit. Pictures below are for numbers 1,2 & 3 just above. The earth connection is in the floor, the current transformer threads into the top of the steel rod when connected, first picture.









      That is all for now, I have lab notes and images for more transmission mode experiments performed outside last winter / spring where the neutral wire was up to around 300 feet long with excellent energy transmission. It will take me a while to go over the notes to try to make it somewhat coherent. Or I could just blast out the images and feed all Professor Dollardís coyotes a nibble or two.

      Comment


      • Macak
        I would not publish all at once. But show a logical development history of the experiment.
        It is those few with appreciative feedback that deserve help in good Tesla replication.

        I am happy to see the Dollard work continue in it's own contribution.

        I recommend starting your own thread to be objectivel and to set the rules
        for taming the wild cats that prowl from time to time.

        The work is clever and well thought out.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Macak View Post
          Sputins,

          Thanks for the response, encouragement and observations!
          Bulb added to neutral line and then driven against a capacity, by your suggestion. Sorry don't know how to bracket out quotes yet.
          With the bulb wired into the neutral line the tuning of the system is less sharp, indicating a lower ďQĒ and magnifying factor.
          Again nice work with your experiments Macak.

          With an ďisolated groundĒ, you can try transmission experiments without connecting to the actual ground, which may interfere with other electronics. Of course having a proper grounding system available is beneficial at times.
          Interesting that the bulb wired into the neutral line lowers the Q. It makes sense. The lamp on the receiving coil has a reduced output illumination with a lamp in series on the neutral line. It makes sense as well as the neutral line lamp filament is being lit, robbing some of the current in the neutral line.


          Originally posted by Macak View Post
          Interesting that the trash can provides a better counterpoise than the earth in the case where the bulb is in series with the neutral. Probably because it is under the effect of the near field of the driven coil. In either case the bulb reduces the neutral current and the E field of the coil compared to the hard wired neutral to ground. Also the Fo of the system goes up with the bulb in the circuit. Pictures below are for numbers 1,2 & 3 just above. The earth connection is in the floor, the current transformer threads into the top of the steel rod when connected
          Yeah that is also an observation made by dR-green and myself that a capacity makes a better counterpoise than a ground. The displacement current tends to flow towards a capacity. So your bin would fit this requirement well.

          Originally posted by Macak View Post
          That is all for now, I have lab notes and images for more transmission mode experiments performed outside last winter / spring where the neutral wire was up to around 300 feet long with excellent energy transmission.
          Wow, that sounds quite interesting. Another observation you might make is if you take a single coil, with bulb in line with neutral and use the bin as the counterpoise and take measurements. Then do the same thing only using the two coils. Bulb is brighter.

          Take the bin away and use your own body as the counterpoise and the bulb will still light up!


          My system rebuild is almost complete, with the primary wiring, Pi network and connections to the main transmitter now done. Iíve done lots of frequency sweeps with a very low power amp to determine tank capacities and such. So I'm ready to go to full power again, (except if I have to wind another plug in inductance coil on the transmitter). Iíve also found a CT to add to the neutral line to obtain reference readings as you have done.

          Iíd like to do more experiments with transmission mediums from one coil to the other. As compared via a direct wire contact. Via water, salt water, soil, loading coils or other things I can come up with.

          As for the CRI, Iím going to see if I can use my current system in CIG mode to receive the local AM radio station (or not)Ö But Iíll have to load down my coils with a tuning capacitor with may defeat the purpose? Also Iíll have to build a good grounding system to the true earth. But that has been fully planned out so now I need to complete that task.
          "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

          Comment


          • Litz wire and the coil Q factor

            Hello everyone,
            I came across a very interesting link describing how a coil with solid wires has roughly 1/6 the Q factor compared to that of litz wire (wire with multiple fine strands of copper). He also says that litz wire reduces the losses due to wire spacing considerably compared to solid wires.

            Here is this article:Q of ferrite-rod inductors & contra wound coils, applied to crystal radio sets

            Another interesting thing in this article is the comparison of the Q factors of normal coils compared to that of contra-wound coils (aka bucking coils). Apparently contra-wound coils have a higher Q at higher frequencies than a similarly constructed regular coil.
            I wonder why Eric doesn't use litz wire in his coils to raise the Q factor?
            Nikola Tesla also said this kind of wire would be ideal for coils but he said it was "not to be had" in his era.

            There appears to be no advantage to using solid wire in the construction of these coils (edit: except for the ease of the surface area mathematics). Please let me know if I am overlooking something.

            Comment


            • White Plasma Globe

              Originally posted by Ajay View Post
              I think the whole globe will light up brilliantly white with a properly tuned coil.
              I saw evidence that my assertion (quoted above) was correct in this link:
              Flat Spiral Secondary and Longitudinal Waves Experiment - Plasma Balls and Conclusion
              If you have not been to this guy's page, I recommend checking him out. This article was specifically interesting because he is using a schematic nearly identical to mine, and he is operating a plasma globe with it just as I did. As you can see, the plasma he produced with his spiral wound secondary was very different from mine. In one picture it even appears brilliantly neon green and white uniformly throughout the globe. Obviously that doesn't happen in ordinary plasma globes.

              This is a simple experiment is significant in Tesla research because Tesla often spoke about how his single terminal globes where the ideal terminal capacitance in some respects (greater capacitance than surface area).

              The globe is also a homemade superluminal particle accelerator (and collider) according to Tesla's theory of how his single terminal light bulbs worked. Not bad for a $30 home experiment. I hope that more people attempt this experiment so we can catalog the plasma effects (i.e publish the pictures).
              Last edited by Ajay; 02-23-2016, 08:06 AM.

              Comment


              • Recording of Live Call

                Live Q & A with Eric Dollard, Feb 21, 2016 - Eric P. Dollard - Official Homepage
                Sincerely,
                Aaron Murakami

                Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                RPX & MWO http://vril.io

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ajay View Post
                  I saw evidence that my assertion (quoted above) was correct in this link:
                  Flat Spiral Secondary and Longitudinal Waves Experiment - Plasma Balls and Conclusion
                  If you have not been to this guy's page, I recommend checking him out. This article was specifically interesting because he is using a schematic nearly identical to mine, and he is operating a plasma globe with it just as I did. As you can see, the plasma he produced with his spiral wound secondary was very different from mine. In one picture it even appears brilliantly neon green and white uniformly throughout the globe. Obviously that doesn't happen in ordinary plasma globes.

                  This is a simple experiment is significant in Tesla research because Tesla often spoke about how his single terminal globes where the ideal terminal capacitance in some respects (greater capacitance than surface area).

                  The globe is also a homemade superluminal particle accelerator (and collider) according to Tesla's theory of how his single terminal light bulbs worked. Not bad for a $30 home experiment. I hope that more people attempt this experiment so we can catalog the plasma effects (i.e publish the pictures).
                  Hi Ajay (Alex),

                  Seems you appear on the Q&A at around 50:42. So good that you had some of your questions answered from EricÖ

                  I couldnít make the Q&A call because I was suffering with lovely Gastro and also the time difference made it too difficult being rather crook. So perhaps next time!

                  As for playing with plasma globes, the link given is interesting particularly the green colour. I think however one fundamental difference apart from vacuum levels and gasses within plasma globes is that Teslaís bulbs had the single terminal terminate inside the vacuum area and also terminated on a button of Carbon or similar material. Whereas the common plasma globe has no direct connection to the vacuum part inside. The single terminal is a ball of metal swarf wrapped in glass, but it is at atmospheric pressure.

                  Anyway it doesnít mean that cheap plasma balls canít be useful for experiments. Iíll connect one of my plasma globes up to my rig some time soon and see what resultsÖ

                  However Iím currently trying to drive some ground rods into the ground. Not easy when you strike tree roots or rocks.
                  "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

                  Comment


                  • Plasma Globes vs Tesla Bulbs

                    Originally posted by Sputins View Post

                    As for playing with plasma globes, the link given is interesting particularly the green colour. I think however one fundamental difference apart from vacuum levels and gasses within plasma globes is that Teslaís bulbs had the single terminal terminate inside the vacuum area and also terminated on a button of Carbon or similar material. Whereas the common plasma globe has no direct connection to the vacuum part inside. The single terminal is a ball of metal swarf wrapped in glass, but it is at atmospheric pressure.
                    Yes that was me. I realized I had a dozen more questions about an hour later, so I am going to have to write him a letter (the old school way). I am sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope they work themselves out. You may want to try constructing this and using it as an elevated capacitance: Construction details for the Life Field Transformer device
                    It outputs a leftward spinning circularly polarized wave which is healing to all biological systems. I have been testing it on dying plants and it seems legit. One of my plants made a full recovery very quickly after looking like it was going to die.

                    As for the Plasma globe, I realize that it is not an ideal or legitimate replication of Tesla's bulb. In my plasma globe I replaced the swarf with a copper ball. However, isn't carbon a dielectric? I was confused by Tesla's description because how can you connect carbon to the terminal of a coil and have it act inductively on plasma if it is non conductive?
                    I figured that the conductive terminal must therefore be covered by the carbon inside the bulb. If that is the case, then the plasma globe is not too different from his style of bulb. The plasma globe does appear to add a large capacitance even though the plasma is not directly connected to the coil (dielectric discharge in the plasma).

                    Comment


                    • Hi!
                      Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                      There are such things as "undertones" although acoustic instruments don't naturally tend to produce them.

                      The table doesn't show what happens at higher frequencies. Is there no resonant peak above the fundamental?

                      [edit] But again, harmonics in this context usually refer to harmonic frequencies produced by something oscillating, as in a harmonic spectrum of an oscillating string at a fixed frequency. Resonant peaks are different. Is this a harmonic spectrum, or a graph of the resonant peaks after doing a frequency sweep? I notice Eric refers to them as a "resonant series" in the diagram and not "harmonics", suggesting it's a series of resonant peaks found when doing a frequency sweep.
                      Will you be kind and explain what do you mean by term"undertones" in the context of Tesla Coil structures?

                      Comment


                      • Eric Dollard Live Call Tomorrow

                        If you have any questions for Eric, we have a live call tomorrow:
                        This coming Sunday the 27th at 11AM Pacific Daylight Savings Time, we will be having a LIVE Q & A call with Eric Dollard.


                        Conference Dial-in: 1-857-232-0155 and Conference Code: 582590 Ė It will be recorded in case you cannot make the call.
                        Sincerely,
                        Aaron Murakami

                        Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                        Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                        RPX & MWO http://vril.io

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Macak View Post
                          You look like a Lilliputian with those coils! Impressive stuff. Welcome aboard, thanks for posting your experiments!
                          http://www.teslascientific.com/

                          "Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

                          "Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Risbo View Post
                            Hi!

                            Will you be kind and explain what do you mean by term"undertones" in the context of Tesla Coil structures?
                            I wasn't referring to Tesla coils, but music. But in basic terms it's the opposite of overtones. It's harmonic frequencies which are below the fundamental frequency, rather than above it. A cymbal for example can produce undertones, because the initial crash can have a certain (high) pitch and a broad range of frequencies somewhat similar to white noise, but a heavy cymbal continues to resonate at a frequency which may be below the initial crash pitch and that continues to ring after the high frequencies have faded.
                            http://www.teslascientific.com/

                            "Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

                            "Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

                            Comment


                            • Eric Dollard Live Forum

                              Eric Dollard Live Forum:
                              A question for Eric:
                              What would be the best application for your 2C22 'Regenerative Magnifying Receiver' (RMR) to be used for - picture attached?
                              Was this intended as a receiver for the 'Crystal Set Initiative' (CSI) and how was it to be applied and over what distance as an example?
                              What was the input required or was it just the Telluric Radio Station signal that was to be detected/received?



                              I also built your 6SN7GT CRI/CSI (Crystal Radio Initiative) Triode Driver.
                              This has lead to the building of 4 x 6BQ7 amplifier/drivers for use with an Implosion project I am currently working on.
                              NO solid state allowed.

                              I am attempting to get back to all of this but have too many projects currently in the build state.
                              By the way the Lester Hendershot device did NOT work but have intuitions that may help in resurrecting this device when time permits.



                              My CSI is still working as is the Cosmic Ray Detector (CRD) and have attached some pictures for reference.
                              Thankyou.

                              Smokey
                              Last edited by David G Dawson; 03-27-2016, 04:15 AM. Reason: Larger Pictures

                              Comment


                              • question for Eric

                                Hi Dave,

                                Eric won't be able to see these but I'll see if I can ask him on the call.



                                Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
                                Eric Dollard Live Forum:
                                A question for Eric:
                                What would be the best application for your 2C22 'Regenerative Magnifying Receiver' (RMR) to be used for - picture attached?
                                Was this intended as a receiver for the 'Crystal Set Initiative' (CSI) and how was it to be applied and over what distance as an example?
                                What was the input required or was it just the Telluric Radio Station signal that was to be detected/received?



                                I also built your 6SN7GT CRI/CSI (Crystal Radio Initiative) Triode Driver.
                                This has lead to the building of 4 x 6BQ7 amplifier/drivers for use with an Implosion project I am currently working on.
                                NO solid state allowed.

                                I am attempting to get back to all of this but have too many projects currently in the build state.
                                By the way the Lester Hendershot device did NOT work but have intuitions that may help in resurrecting this device when time permits.



                                My CSI is still working as is the Cosmic Ray Detector (CRD) and have attached some pictures for reference.
                                Thankyou.

                                Smokey
                                Sincerely,
                                Aaron Murakami

                                Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                                Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                                RPX & MWO http://vril.io

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X