X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric's forum

Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
    If this is Mr Eric P Dollard's Official Forum then it would be really nice if he were to turn up here at least monthly with some kind of report that let's us know what he is doing.
    Or at least give it to Aaron or John just to Post here so we can all keep in touch - Thank you!

Aaron, thankyou for posting all of Eric's Math but the interest there would be for about 1% of the participants.
    In reality, the Math should really follow something working at the bench and we have put the cart before the horse.
    Lack of interest is shown by lack of progressive reports coming from all of his earlier followers.
    The only way for Eric to read the forum is if he is with someone that has a computer, since he does not own one himself.

It will probably be months before I see Eric but John Polakowski may see him in the near future and may be able to have Eric read the forum and post something.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• good show

Nice builds there David. Good to see that you and a few others are still dedicated to the work. I'm looking at a crystal radio replication myself at the moment and looking forward to getting onto it. I have finished building my other transformer and electric magnet that I have been working on for some time now. Hope all goes well with you all,

Hope to hear more from you and Eric,

My best wishes,
      Adam

Comment

• Now and than I am thinking further on the Dollard/Tesla stuff and I remember I have read somewhere that it all comes down to what is happening inside a capacitor.

Now I am trying to get this more clear and your opinion on this. Is Eric saying that essential the energy transport from one plate to the other goes through counterspace and is not transversal electromagnetic?

The traditional view is that the Poynting vector fills the space between the plates but the Poynting vector is a transversal electromagnetic wave.

Eric said somewhere that we would have to do a measurement in the cap to know. I know that a lot of people tried that and they did find a circular magnetic field in a cap but the value was much smaller than calculated. No one has ever measured the predicted magnetic field. Only the shape is correct.

My opinion is that this magnetic field might be a small transversal component and that indeed the energy transports as a pulse through the electric fieldlines. Counterspace.

This article says the magnetic field is never measured inside a capacitor in 140 years. Other articles that measured with superconductive elements can only measure the dependence or shape of the field but not the real value, that value is always much lower than predicted.
        http://www.antennex.com/shack/Apr07/dc_factfan.pdf

Is there some critic that can point me to an article where they did measure the magnetic field in accordance with Maxwells predictions? Also its value?

This overlooked detail of the magnetic field inside a cap might hold the falsification of traditional electromagnetics. How long will we ignore it as a measuring error?

Comment

• Dollard Letters, 6SN7/6080/etc exciters

Here's a dropbox folder of letters from Eric.

The more recent ones have 6SN7/6080/etc tube exciter information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post

Thanks for posting those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post

Thanks that last letter has instructions on making an impedance matching transformer.

I was working on my pi filter and ended with a shunt coil and series condensator. That works good too.

Here you can calculate the vallues:
              LC Impedance Matching Network Designer | SiversIMA

Comment

• another call with Eric

After this weekend, Eric is up to a conference call. Is anyone here interested in getting on a live call with him?

Let me know time frames (in Pacific time zone) and days of the week that work best for you all and I'll see what I can do.
                Sincerely,
                Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Always a privilege and a pleasure to talk to Eric and get his work out there

Aaron

Yeah of course! It's always a pleasure and a privilege to talk to Eric if he wants to talk, that would be cool. I always like to prepare some good questions, I think I might have quite a few more good ones!

Best Wishes,
                  Adam

Comment

• Vacuum Tubes

Geometric,
                    Thankyou for the information on the Vacuum Tubes from Eric on the 6SN7/6080/6BL7/6BX7.
                    I should mention that both the 6BL7 and 6BX7 are TV vertical deflection oscillators and amplifiers and where I am working with the Steven Mark TPU with respect the RCA colour TV implosion.
                    A TV vertical deflection circuit operates at 60 hertz and is seperately generated and has nothing to do with the Mains 60 hertz and is also not synched to it.
                    The horizontal deflection is much higher in frequency at 15734 hertz for NTSC and 15625 hertz for PAL.
                    The 6080 was such a fine illustration of an unusually designed Tube that Yaesu used it as a PA in one of their transceivers and is also capable of pulse work:

6080 @ The National Valve Museum

Eric is very good at hinting at specific phenomena like 'out of the box' and similar but the only way to know the why is to build the systems he presents and will be following this one up.
                    I would like him to go into greater detail as to the what and why these schematics are so good like he does with the Math which is alien to most of us but guess we need to build to see for ourselves.
                    The 6AS7 I feel has an ability to either enhance/amplify harmonics or even to introduce their presence into the circuit.
                    One look at the specs tells you that the Plate current is really high in comparison to similar Tubes and the reason for this is the very low ohmic value like 280 ohms compared to others in the Megohms.
                    This hints at 'a something different' phenomena will occur in such a Tube and is not really an amplifier but the audiophiles have latched onto this one as being an excellent Tube for headphone use as I guess the sound would be pristine in nature.
                    The 6AS7 and 6080 are both 'cathode followers' which also hint at their abilities.
                    Eric mentions an aluminium chassis and will be doing so but using my rail idea.

Smokey

Comment

• Originally posted by orgonaut314 View Post
                      Thanks that last letter has instructions on making an impedance matching transformer.

I was working on my pi filter and ended with a shunt coil and series condensator. That works good too.

Here you can calculate the vallues:
                      LC Impedance Matching Network Designer | SiversIMA
                      Yes. There's other goodies in there besides tube amps. You can tell Eric put a lot of time into those notes.

The PI and T match networks will give you more degrees of freedom in terms of matching input to output impedance, but the L net that you mention is less hassle to build.

Assuming you're treating the primary alone as your load impedance, what values of L and C did you calculate for your matching network? What is your primary impedance (calculated and measured)? What is your source impedance?

Comment

• I did some guestimates on the base of an internal resistance of 6k for a 6sn7 and having two parallel that was 3k source impedance.

My load is the varicap and the primary parallel. I once measured that to be some 500 ohm when tuned.

That way I knew what kind of varicap and varicoil to use. I made the L and tuned the coil and both caps. After that I measured the varicoil and substituted a permanent smaller coil. 500 pF varicap and I think 200 uH coil but I don't remember will look it up. It as close to my guestimates

In the end I had a nice secondary radiator as the radiation was the thing to optimise.

But progress is slow as usual when will I ever make an extra coil?

Comment

My load is the varicap and the primary parallel. I once measured that to be some 500 ohm hen tuned.
                          Sounds good to me, but let's check. For your setup, what is the primary coil geometry and operating frequency you've designed for? From that we can compute the inductive reactance, and then the load impedance, and then play with the matching net.

Comment

• Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
                            Geometric,

6080 @ The National Valve Museum
                            One look at the specs tells you that the Plate current is really high in comparison to similar Tubes and the reason for this is the very low ohmic value like 280 ohms compared to others in the Megohms.
                            This hints at 'a something different' phenomena will occur in such a Tube and is not really an amplifier but the audiophiles have latched onto this one as being an excellent Tube for headphone use as I guess the sound would be pristine in nature.
                            Smokey
                            Yeah. I'll have to think about that and play around with the numbers for these tubes again. I don't know what is going on with the internal structures of the 6SN7/6080 style tubes, but I think the basic idea is to maximize the transconductance term and minimize the output resistive term, so not necessarily high gain but plenty of i/v.

Comment

Now and than I am thinking further on the Dollard/Tesla stuff and I remember I have read somewhere that it all comes down to what is happening inside a capacitor.

Now I am trying to get this more clear and your opinion on this. Is Eric saying that essential the energy transport from one plate to the other goes through counterspace and is not transversal electromagnetic?

The traditional view is that the Poynting vector fills the space between the plates but the Poynting vector is a transversal electromagnetic wave.

Eric said somewhere that we would have to do a measurement in the cap to know. I know that a lot of people tried that and they did find a circular magnetic field in a cap but the value was much smaller than calculated. No one has ever measured the predicted magnetic field. Only the shape is correct.

My opinion is that this magnetic field might be a small transversal component and that indeed the energy transports as a pulse through the electric fieldlines. Counterspace.

This article says the magnetic field is never measured inside a capacitor in 140 years. Other articles that measured with superconductive elements can only measure the dependence or shape of the field but not the real value, that value is always much lower than predicted.
                              http://www.antennex.com/shack/Apr07/dc_factfan.pdf

Is there some critic that can point me to an article where they did measure the magnetic field in accordance with Maxwells predictions? Also its value?

This overlooked detail of the magnetic field inside a cap might hold the falsification of traditional electromagnetics. How long will we ignore it as a measuring error?
                              Bill Miller, KT4YE: Displacement Current: Fact or Myth?
                              “Unfortunately, the misinterpretation of Maxwell’s equations is not just an academic error of consequence only to scholars. This error has led to at least two failed antenna designs: the CFA and the EH. And those projects have cost millions of wasted dollars, countless wasted hours, and the destruction of many professional reputations. - It is time for instructors everywhere to stop teaching an erroneous concept”.

Ted Hart, W5QJR: On E-H Antennas
                              “For more than 120 years all antennas have been Hertz antennas, except the Crossed Field Antenna. In the future all antennas will be EH Antennas.”

So one can find many internet links that discuss the Cross Field and EH antennas with many discussions for and against these types of antennas and proposed theory on their mode of operation etc.

http://ehant.qrz.ru/book.pdf

As I don’t really know about these antennas much and with conflicting arguments as to whether they even work or not, I wonder what Eric would say about these types of antennas? [NFG]?
                              "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Eh = Nfg

Sputins,

I've looked into this topic. And for what it's worth, from examining the available (published) literature on EH antennae, the basic theory behind its operation is that the E and H fields of *separate* circuits can interact to produce divergence of S (the Poyntine vector) at their crossing. This action is called PVS or Poytine Vector Synthesis. Ultimately this cannot work as it would violate conservation of energy due there being no divergence at either the E-field or H-field sources used to synthesize the hypothetical Poyntine vector that transmits RF energy into space. That is, each source remains reactive, while active energy, theoretically, leaves the transmitter due to PVS. Obviously this results in FE, since no load is seen by the signal source while energy is leaving the system.

Furthermore, any EH antenna that "functions" does so by antennae currents on the feed cables. When the antenna is properly isolated from the transmission line, i.e. by a balun, the antenna stops working. Thus the "structure" that you believe is radiating does nothing, and the part that shouldn't radiate is what actually does all the work.

Also, the debate against displacement current is a very complex one, that the article in question doesn't adequately address. You have polarization of material substances (dipole moment), you have plasmon resonances on the surface of metallic objects and you have the age old question of how charge moves in capacitor. Plasmons (the wave nature of charge, de Broglie matter waves) are what allow metals the ability to reflect light, by interacting with the E-field of the photon. Do they also function for the mysterious inner workins of a capacitor? Also the forest hidden by the trees is the Poyntine vector--the carrier of EM energy. The general equation is E * H = S, so if there isn't a magnetic field, due to charge movement, you shouldn't have any energy being moved. Finally, examine how a vacuum tube or particle beam works: Electrons or ionized particles are accelerated through x distance of vacuum. The particles produce a magnetic field proportional to their velocity and charge. However, when a vacuum capacitor passes the same amount of current, what travels through the vacuum between the two plates? A "displacement current," which approximates the space current of the tube example. Or some form of wave? If you place both a vacuum capacitor and a thermionic tube in a black box you couldn't tell the difference, insofar as far as getting an AC current to pass through. But one of them doesn't actually move those charges from one side to the other directly. So it could be that displacement current is real but simply doesn't have a magnetic field associated with it because no charges move through the distance of separation. Which means displacement currents are more like waves than any sort of "current". It's likely that the charge movements on each plate is due to surface plasmons reacting to the applied E-field.

Depending on how you analyze this, you can say that D is really just E after all, or alternately, define D as the charge oscillation of isolated conducting objects when an E-field is impressed, thus having no effect on vacuum and no currents or H-fields in areas that don't contain conductors. Simply put, no magnetic field should be associated with displacement currents in the space between conductors as no current filaments exist between these isolated conductors. The applied E-field induces surface charges to move which makes it "look" like a current passed between the plates.

Now, if you throw a slab of insulating material in between the vacuum capacitor's plates, you will then cause movement of bound charges (as lattice strain) in response to an applied E-field. In this case a magnetic field should exist as charges are in relative motion, though not necessarily in the direction of the resultant current. So in practice there are four phenomena associated with "currents": "Space currents," emitted charges (ions or electrons) that are accelerated across a distance of vacuum (as in thermionic tubes or particle accelerators). "Conduction currents" where "free" charges are easily able to move (through a lattice) in response to an applied E-field (as seen in metals). "Polarization currents" where "bound" charges cause slight movements and rotations (of a lattice) in response to an applied E-field (as seen in insulators and ionic compounds). And finally, true "displacement currents" where free charges on conductors separated by vacuum act in response to an applied E-field. The last two cases involve no conduction or space currents between the distance separating the conductors and only the polarization current produces a magnetic field in this space (due to the insulator's bound charges).
                                Last edited by upgradd; 11-06-2014, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X