Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Pi network” is a term coined for vacuum tubes, really it is only one type of matching
    Network. The man’s hand gestures an arc gives a rough visual of induction.
    With a poor match the gesture might be flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bDyA5t1ldU

DC is less complicated to understand circuit impedance simple resistace.
    A matching network is to form a hand shake between signal output and an input port for
    example between a signal generator and an amplifier. Why because a mismatch would cause reflection that would block the signal also they act as a filter to reduce harmonics.

I chose this video as a hands on example of impedance matching for tesla coil at 3.47 Mhz. The value of the HV capacitor or double sided copper clad
    can be calculated using online calculator to determine surface area for 3.17
    followed with a 2n5109 would make inexpensive signal source look awesome.

I built a ten turn coil yesterday like the one in the video. Using a signal generator I derive a value in uH then divide by 10 gives me the actual uH per turn. The matching network when complete can be checked out of circuit bt terminating it with a 50 ohm resistor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUo6IhSouEI

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rex View Post
      New paper by Eric P. Dollard:

Electromagnetic Induction and Its Propagation – This is a draft paper, which will be formatted better at a later time. The contents of this paper will be a part of the 2014 Energy Science & Technology Conference presentation called The Extraluminal Transmission Systems of Tesla and Alexanderson: Electromagnetic Induction and Its Propagation (pdf)

New page on ericpdollard.com where a collection of his papers will be available as free downloads: Free Papers | Eric P. Dollard – Official Homepage
      Repeatedly Eric has said that the education system is a ly and I have to agree with him on a factual level.
      A course in electromagnetic starts with the electron and the Drude model to explain everything about currents and fields but than when they get to magnetic induction they have to introduce Faradays law because with the Lorentz forse and electrons you can not explain the situation where a magnetic field gets stronger and induces an EMK. There is nothing moving in that case. When the circuit loop is moving in a not uniform magnetic field you can use the Lorentz forse to explain the EMK but when no loop or coil is moving that Lorentz equation does not work. So they finally mention Faraday who said that a magnetic field is formed to oppose the changing magnetic field. Than they get to the Maxwell equations because Maxwell discovered that an electric field is formed to oppose a changing electric field. And than we get to electromagnetism and the Poynting vector. Fine and than? Nothing. They do not go back to the early circuit theorie and now explain the currents with Maxwell. They just leave you in the middle all confused and than you get your bull.

This article very clearly points out that the education system has to change. That people should learn the Maxwell approach right away and not be bothered with electrons. It is also a useful way for us to understand Maxwell and you find links to learn more until they rewrite the books.

http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk/~davis/Ene...icCircuits.pdf

Now this ly is almost impossible to get rid of but I ask everyone to look at superconductors. There the surface current is 100nm deep. Do these electrons carry the energy or do they form the obstructors of the electromagnetic energy? The boundary conditions for the field equations not the energy carriers.

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
        A Pi network is a capacitor and inductor arrangement that looks like π, or the character Pi. It is an impedance matching network to match a source to a load impedance.

You can actually make a pi network with two coils and a capacitor. That looks more like Erics analog of the Tesla coil. I am thinking that perhaps that would make the Tesla waves even stronger?

Comment

• That is also the reason why Eric uses tubes I think. He mentioned that in one of these colleges. The tube forms a capacitor in the direction of the conduction (with high voltage) and that way resembles the analog of the Tesla coil better? Conducting or raising Tesla waves.

Comment

• Questions

Originally posted by Prio View Post
            There is still the question, what is the engineering goal, what can you expect and achieve with this set up?
            That is a good question.

In general using a properly constructed “Tesla Coil” or a pair of them, there are a number of different configurations, uses and learning outcomes.

As per JP’s CIG video he states, one wire power transmission, creating radiant matter, transmitting DC through space, and via the TMT configuration, transmitting / receiving power and signals via earth ground. The CIG configuration is also an attempt to model the universe or certain aspects of it. (I.e. The Electric Universe Theory). Where the Dielectric fields interact and are supposed form galactic like formations within a vacuum.

There are also other practical uses such as inductive heating, electro-medical, and perhaps other uses that are yet to be discovered. (Experiment and see).

Well, everyone wants free energy or Energy Synthesis and Eric calls it. – I myself doubt that the CIG or TMT leads to that directly of itself. However if the Tesla coil’s telluric wave (displacement current) can interact with the already present telluric currents of the Earth (powered via the Sun), the Tesla coil may provide some kind of 'tap' into the Earth’s natural telluric currents? - So it’s not free energy as such, it’s tapping into what’s already naturally there. As Tesla said, “Connecting to the wheel work of nature”.

For example it is known there are Telluric currents in the Earth where their magnitude is beyond comprehension. The Sun is what powers these currents, via lines of force between the Earth and the Sun. In a conventional circuit one would need to break the circuit to insert your device in-line with the circuit current in order for the device to work. - The one wire transmission of power may be an answer towards tapping the Earth’s natural telluric currents?

If you were to ask what are my specific engineering goals, or what do I want to personally achieve?

This question as no specific answer, an open ended resonant circuit. Subject to finance and time. - I’m just a backyard experimenter who likes to build stuff, generally based on the principals taught by Nikola Tesla, Eric Dollard and other rebel scientific mad-men! - So who knows where it will all lead to in the end? (Prison most likely)?

Apart from that, my goal is “The education of these principals, aimed at the next generation”.

Sputins.
            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• The general term "Displacement current" was derived as a mechanical analogy by observation.
              If the Alexanderson waves can show mathematical proof of unique properties of electromagnetism then it is a
              Special case of displacement current. It is desirable that counter space not confused with events that are confined inside a vacuum tube or confined or condensed inside between capacitor plates such as casimir or nuclear physics on surface materials in vacuum which are radioactive. It is the assemblage of fractal aether in open air.
              It does relate to the event between the wires of transmission line seen on The Alexanderson model.

Ambiguity does exist.
              The present status of Maxwell's displacement current - Abstract - European Journal of Physics - IOPscience

http://www.antennex.com/shack/Apr07/dc_factfan.pdf

Displacement Current; Scandals in Electromagnetic Theory

Floyd Sweet The Fallacy of Displacement Current
              Floyd Sweet: Space Quanta Magnifier / Vacuum Triode Amplifier ~ Collected papers, diagrams, photos & videos hmmm

Isotopic related to displacement current of confined radiation and opaque metals. Even though LMD can penetrates metal it has not been shown
              to be cancer causing.
              Tom Bearden notes HJ Gray used a phenomenon known as dielectric polarization)
              The Tom Bearden Website
              ET Whittaker refers to this but is not the same.

Release of electric field by impulse piezo material on nickel-63 on page 30 also not the same. This is more related to betavoltaic using novel method of xrays on a source that is radioactive.
              http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~blanchar/res/BlanchardKorea.pdf

What about cosmic rays ? Is there a modified form in nature and how so ?
              Last edited by mikrovolt; 06-17-2014, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prio View Post
                There is still the question, what is the engineering goal, what can you expect and achieve with this set up?
                Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                That is a good question.

In general using a properly constructed “Tesla Coil” or a pair of them, there are a number of different configurations, uses and learning outcomes.

As per JP’s CIG video he states, one wire power transmission, creating radiant matter, transmitting DC through space, and via the TMT configuration, transmitting / receiving power and signals via earth ground. The CIG configuration is also an attempt to model the universe or certain aspects of it. (I.e. The Electric Universe Theory). Where the Dielectric fields interact and are supposed form galactic like formations within a vacuum.

There are also other practical uses such as inductive heating, electro-medical, and perhaps other uses that are yet to be discovered. (Experiment and see).

Well, everyone wants free energy or Energy Synthesis and Eric calls it. – I myself doubt that the CIG or TMT leads to that directly of itself. However if the Tesla coil’s telluric wave (displacement current) can interact with the already present telluric currents of the Earth (powered via the Sun), the Tesla coil may provide some kind of 'tap' into the Earth’s natural telluric currents? - So it’s not free energy as such, it’s tapping into what’s already naturally there. As Tesla said, “Connecting to the wheel work of nature”.

For example it is known there are Telluric currents in the Earth where their magnitude is beyond comprehension. The Sun is what powers these currents, via lines of force between the Earth and the Sun. In a conventional circuit one would need to break the circuit to insert your device in-line with the circuit current in order for the device to work. - The one wire transmission of power may be an answer towards tapping the Earth’s natural telluric currents?

If you were to ask what are my specific engineering goals, or what do I want to personally achieve?

This question as no specific answer, an open ended resonant circuit. Subject to finance and time. - I’m just a backyard experimenter who likes to build stuff, generally based on the principals taught by Nikola Tesla, Eric Dollard and other rebel scientific mad-men! - So who knows where it will all lead to in the end? (Prison most likely)?

Apart from that, my goal is “The education of these principals, aimed at the next generation”.

Sputins.
                Regardless of what one may or may not seemingly achieve in their lifetime, anyone who does anything that's based on "truth" contributes to the whole in some way because it continues the work and progresses/unfolds the idea to a point that's further along than where they themselves picked it up, and inevitably at some point in the future someone else will pick it up from there, and so the whole thing evolves according to the law of nature. For example, if nothing else, assuming the internet prevails, there are now high resolution pictures and videos of such things that have never been seen by practically any scientist let alone the general public; there are no videos of Tesla demonstrating his currents passing through his body like someone may read in a book, but demonstrations are now available. If just that inspires someone who would otherwise not be inspired in the future, then the overall goal is achieved.

Originally posted by Nikola Tesla
                Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.
                Philosophy aside, get creative! One engineering goal is to perfect the system, also there may be important scientific implications, otherwise as Sputins said, what applications can you come up with or discover etc.
                Last edited by dR-Green; 06-17-2014, 01:19 AM.
                http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Very well said everyone! I would like to contribute as much as I can. Some of my observations are speculative but one is that every time I put on my coil I come to think 'he where is that cold coming from?'. Again and again. Just like the occasionally bird that keeps trying to fly in my room. Also it has a more than remarkable influence on my health. I get very very clear and quiet. Is that an effect on my consciousness? It makes me think brighter. But hey we can't rule out the placebo but it is a damned good placebo so give me more

What also struck me on an internet search and when I found it computers started to reboot etc etc so I was on a trail because negativity was working against me but it was the name Hutchison. You might know about him. He experimented with two Tesla coils and high voltage dc and a tube driver and produced some remarkable video's. He admits that he is not able to reproduce them so strong anymore since 1990. He also admits not knowing how it works and viewers have to spend hours watching just to see something. There is also an effect that background radiation seems to drop. So now he is in Japan working with the radiation problems there.

Hutchison than in the 80's at 4 minutes levitation etc.
                  hutchison effect - YouTube

Hutchison more recent.
                  Dr. Thursten visits Hutchison Lab - YouTube

Fusion of wood and metals.

His lab

His setup
                  http://www.hutchisoneffect.ca/Resear...JAug201997.pdf
                  Last edited by orgonaut314; 06-17-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• One more idea I had. I think I am starting to understand the Tesla coil so I will post my understanding so anyone can correct that. Also I will post an idea.

Eric explains that the Tesla coil is build as a transmission line. The transmission line is, when in quarter wave resonance, a monopolar situation. Meaning that the field is maximal and minimal but not at the same time. Thereby it is radiating to the environment instead of closing in a circuit.

Now the Tesla coil is basically a transmission line reversed. Meaning the capacitors are in series and the inductors are parallel. Eric demonstrated that in this situation a quarter wave resonance leads to the magnetic field and the electric field being in fase at the same place. I know to calculate this is nearly impossible and requires solving fourth order differential equations as Bewley produced these equations. Eric produced solutions to these equations basically using quarternions from Maxwell but even that in a simplified engineering way like Steinmetz did with second order equations.

So we have a Tesla coil with the unique features that the electric and magnetic fields are maximal in fase and on the top.

Now my idea. If we would construct the Tesla coil in a hyperbolic way like a hyperbolic antenna would that not focus this field? Could we produce a Tesla beam? The coil would be a combination of a flat pancake coil and a Colorado springs coil I guess.

Or perhaps the flat pancake coil is already a way to focus the beam? I don't understand that yet.
                    Last edited by orgonaut314; 06-17-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• I realised that the globe or the vaccuum tube in the middel of the pancake is used to focus the Tesla current

Comment

• @Mikrovolt – Thanks for the links concerning pi-networks and displacement current. I’ve used that displacement current term only because Eric used it in the SBARC video demonstration. Whether it is accurate or not Idk? - Also the spiral coil in the video is a twenty turn coil (two times ten turns, each turn is actually two turns, one on top of the other). The inductance per turn can’t be deduced simply by dividing by 20 as every-other turn is of a different length. (Spiral). However the overall inductance of each spiral coil I measure to be ~270uH.

@dR-Green – Yes, were all (you know who you are) doing our own independent work based from of the same teachers. (Tesla & Dollard). As a big picture it is really a collective collaboration, many of these things haven’t been seen before and it’s really amazing. It shows that Tesla was right when he said “the future is mine”!

@Orgonaut - Tesla did utilise the conical shaped coil as seen in a photo. Which I suppose seems to be a combination of a flat spiral and a cylindrical shape sort of form factor. He must have had his reasons for this?

@ All - The second half of my receiver coil set is completed and to my delight it tunes to the same resonant frequency or at least within the same resonant frequency bandwidth. Fine decimal point tuning is yet to be determined. This is for the primary tank and secondary spiral coils only (to un-complicate matters). Certainly connecting up the two telluric outputs activates the receiver coil set to become energised and the terminal capacity will light common plasma tubes and draw off small arcs. Optimising the receivers’ primary tank circuit for powering loads is another thing to yet achieve, along with re-fitting the Extra coils and tuning to 1860Kc. Also there are the various setup configurations to play with like the CIG format of course.

Other observations:
                        I’ve not felt any cooling effects from the coils as yet however it is only 6 degrees Celsius at night here, so I’m damn cold anyway. I tend to feel warmth though. When the coil is off-tune and the driving frequency being slightly lower than the Ro (ω) of the coil, when bringing your hand near the top terminal capacity and holding it there, in order to bring the coil back into resonance again, there is quite a tingling and warmth felt on the hand right at that point. Even if it’s at a reasonable distance away.

However for me, with low to medium power, I’ve found holding onto the telluric output has the greatest biological effects. You feel nothing as far as an electric shock-like sensation, but holding on to it for a few minutes one does feel (pardon the pun), somewhat energised. You can actually feel your body gradually reacting, not an unpleasant feeling, but actually a really pleasant one! (Difficult to describe), it sweeps through your body, like it’s charging up your body’s cells or something? I don’t think I’m imagining this at all. Further inquiry is needed here to establish what the effects actually are, whether imagined, healthy or harmful? (So far it's been healthy)!

Pictures & video later.
                        "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• I am sorry about the mistake let me clarify:
                          In order to use an inexpensive signal source I would build a series tank like the video.
                          Which is simply capacitor followed by coil for air coupling. If you use an HF rig then you already have a nice sine wave and enough power and this step is not necessary. You can still use tube amplifier. The effects will be good the 2N5109 follower should give enough amplification about a watt at this stage.
                          here is generic vacuum tube example EICO-324-Signal-Generator.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUo6IhSouEI

Let’s plug in some numbers from the video and check our results to make sure we are doing correctly, then we can modify the capacitor for 3.17 Mhz.

11.5 uH and 182 pF LC Resonance Frequency Calculator - Ekswai

you should get 3.48 Mhz however the impedance is about 1000 ohms Z

for 3.17 Mhz coupling at 300 ohm Impedance the values are about 15 uH and 168pF.

If you want to build your own capacitor, Tesla would try the FR4 dielectric.
                          It should not cause fumes at 1 watt.
                          Parallel Plate Capacitor Capacitance Calculator

I think what is important in replicating is the product or resultant be identical.
                          The square waves are not a good idea because they will cause wide band splatter. Yes old scientist got it to work so now we know, so let’s be responsible and set a good example and be a good neighbor by keeping this narrow band. my latest experimental driver uses almost the same compression as the single element Pi is based on a Garbor wave function which is analog.
                          Last edited by mikrovolt; 06-18-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• General setup. Left hand side coil set is the original, which is powered by the transmitter. The Right hand side coil set is the new one, which is setup as the receiver at the moment. One wire connects the two telluric outputs together. The receiver coil does light plasma tubes from the terminal capacity, could be optimised further I think.

The twin, (image) coil-set is born. Secondaries are wound opposite to each other. The primary coils are both wound in the same direction. (Later they can both be connected in series).

Extra coils omitted for the time being.

The bulb lights of course, however I’m yet to experiment with a ‘loading coil’ as to whether it improves the output from the bulb or not. Yes, there is a subtle ‘field’ emanating from the bulb, but yet to try and charge a capacitor etc. You can feel it (very subtlety) on you hand. It feels like gentle little prickles near the glass of the bulb.

More later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                              The bulb lights of course, however I’m yet to experiment with a ‘loading coil’ as to whether it improves the output from the bulb or not. Yes, there is a subtle ‘field’ emanating from the bulb, but yet to try and charge a capacitor etc. You can feel it (very subtlety) on you hand. It feels like gentle little prickles near the glass of the bulb.
                              Very nice! I'm not sure that a loading coil specifically is necessary. As far as I can make out the main reason Eric used it in the video was basically to bias the transmitter a bit, to sink the energy in the direction rather than towards the free terminal. I think a bucket of soil and such in parallel does a similar job, just something to load it a bit. But you may find that the bulb gets less bright that way because it gets loaded a bit too much. But on the plus side you might then be able to light bulbs from metal plates near the bucket!
                              http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• In my opinion Eric's homepage should also include the original experimental video's like this one:

Tesla's Longitudinal Electricity - Eric Dollard, Peter Lindemann & Tom Brown - YouTube
                                Free Videos | Eric P. Dollard – Official Homepage

They are the ones that still inspire the most. The other video's are attempts to explain this.

Just a note

Comment

Working...
                                X