This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All,

I am having a problem optimising the Tesla coil with tube driver and pi-filter.

On the picture you can see the pi filter that has two variabel capacitors and an inductor. It works perfect to match the impedance of the tubes with the Tesla coil except that it has a certain design frequency where it is optimum.

So my question is how do you find the optimum frequency for the Tesla coil when using a pi-filter? When I just try to maximise the radiation I end on the optimum frequency for the pi filter and that was a little higher than the optimum for the Tesla coil without the pi-filter.

Perhaps I should design a pi with a very broad Q? Or should I find the optimum frequency otherwise and just leave the sinusgenerator there? How do you guys do this?

pi filter design:
    Last edited by orgonaut314; 05-14-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Noone? To be more specific if I optimise the radiation I end at the optimum frequency of the pi filter and that is not the optimum for the Tesla coil. So I have no way to get the Tesla coil in the right resonance mode. If I'm just interested in maximum radiation this is not a problem but I am afraid that when the frequency is off that my Tesla coil is radiating normal transversal electromagnetism?

For now I tune with the sinus solid state generator and stay at that frequency.

Comment

• What do you mean by optimising the radiation? From where??

The Tesla coil will either be resonant or not. If it's resonant then you will have maximum output in terms of (relative) radiation and Telluric output simultaneously, if it's not resonant then nothing much will happen at all.

Also it's hard to tell what's what in your image, but I suspect that your Pi network is the thing that's pretty scattered on the middle board? In which case get rid of those clip leads and solder the whole thing with as little conductor lengths as possible between all the parts. It's a hassle when it comes to experimental arrangements, but the clip leads generally have such an effect that they render those results useless/inapplicable compared to proper connections, they only allow for approximations.
        http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Hi dR-Green I measure the radiation coming from the coil with a beer can and a nano ampere meter connected to ground with a diode behind it. Now when I connect the solid state sinusgenerator direct to the variabel cap and Tesla coil I get a resonance at 3,2MHz. This was optimised as you described in your coil compendium.

Now for the driver with the tube. The pi-filter is optimised on 3,4MHz and as it turns out the Q from the Tesla seems small enough to still resonate at 3,4MHz perhaps at halve intensity. Now because the driver is peaking very sharp at 3,4MHz my maximum shifts to 3,4MHz. If somehow this pi-filter was less sharp I think my maximum would stay around 3,2MHz.

As for the clips. No clips I only use them with my HF detector that is a digital dc voltmeter with a detector that is a germanium diode rectifier. Works very good. The diode has very low capacitance and can stand 117V. The small crocodile clips where the ones with the smallest capacity that is why I use them there. The rest is soldered. I use the HF detector to measure the voltage on the pi-filter and the current going in so I have an idea what the max power is that I am sending. I am still below a Watt so I don't have to fear the radio control police.
          Last edited by orgonaut314; 05-16-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Well forget about my question suddenly my optimum is at 3,2MHz again and does not shift to higher frequencies anymore. It was very strange to start with but it seems now fixed. I have no clue what happened yesterday must have been something with the coil I guess or something else working as an antenne ??? It might be something with the ground connection. I use a copper tube a few meters into the ground but there was a lot of rain this week and strange things happened.

Two other strange observations. Two times a bird tried to fly into my door and that never happened before. It happened when I was pumping power into the antenne and I know bird navigate with magnetics. Strange.

Thanks!
            Last edited by orgonaut314; 05-15-2014, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Hitchcock

Originally posted by orgonaut314 View Post

Two other strange observations. Two times a bird tried to fly into my door and that never happened before. It happened when I was pumping power into the antenne and I know bird navigate with magnetics. Strange.

Thanks!
              I’ve found the pi-network works pretty good, obviously constructed around your intended frequency. Using low power, one watt you still might be able to light a small bulb and or a string of LED’s off the Telluric Output. The Pi-network, particularly the impedance matching variable capacitor will help maximise your output once you’ve found your resonant frequency. Sort of a back and forth adjustment. As dR-Green said make all your leads as short as possible.

Interesting about those birds! Look out the window!!

"Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Thanks I am trying to make everything perfect. I made a double ground plate and soldered everything again making sure the copper wire to the garden was connected well. The pi-filter is still experimental but the wires are short and a little secret they are partial gold wire (copper wire with a gold coating). I spaced the caps to much but that is experimental. If the frequency goes up again I wil check the ground connection first.

One other observation and I said it before. I think using tube power and the Tesla coil makes the radiation much stronger. Vassilatos said that also carbon makes the aether current stronger with respect to the electron current. I think the vaccuum and the high voltage in the tube does something too. Gold wire is also important, gold does not rust must have something to do with that.

But the observation was that I used a short part of PVC tubing in the coil and I got a hell of a headache. Is only one observation and the explanation might very well be coincidence but not using the PVC (or actually spreading a layer on it with among others stuff beewax) solved this.

I have a lot of experience in audio and materials and that investigation showed that one can get a life like audio using the right materials. As if there is a signal on top of the audio that transports information like 3d space and emotions (counterspace?). We had a lot of research in that area and the person that did it experimented with large groups of listeners (he was a professor) and they really discovered something but I won't go to deep there. To be short be careful with material that hold molecules like PVC that are poisonous to people. But you have to check each plastic on its own.

Pumping up the power using tubes and Tesla something happens is my feeling.

Now to the bird. They are believed to navigate on Leylines. I hope that translates right. Leylines are lines that transport the radiation from the sun across the earth but not the light, the ordening part. Something very like telluric currents I suspect. Possible they are man made lines in the middle ages. Now perhaps I am dragging a Leyline into my house through the antenne? Perhaps works better depending on ground conditions. Don't know but be aware of the possibility when you experiment

Yesterday I was watching this video of Eric again.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TttHkDRuyZw
                (read the fourquadrant book next to understand it)

The electric universe. Stopping a car by grounding the coulomb lines in counterspace without the energy having to go somewhere in the space of the brakes. That is something to ponder on. This whole universe is electromagnetic even inertness is.
                Last edited by orgonaut314; 05-16-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• When you skip to 3:08 in this video
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TttHkDRuyZw

Eric explains that when you have a Tesla coil that has the capacitance and the inductance energy equal in resonance than you have a monopolar situation where the upper end is grounded into counterspace through the electric field and the lower end is going into the earth.

That explains it all pretty well

The rest is optimisation.

About this optimisation I have a question. Does the extra coil do the same thing as using a power amplifier that is producing a lot of energy does like Polakowski's transmitter? Or does the extra coil do it in a better way? I mean in Polakowski's experiment could he have uses extra coils to make it even stronger?
                  Last edited by orgonaut314; 05-16-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• I was going to suggest using bird ladder between components.
                    Bird is the word.

As you work through the system you want test points to show waveform.
                    This extra detail is in respect to reducing unwanted effects. Chop 22 inches of rg-58 for connecting components. later you can install a dedicated exciter.
                    Show me a really good oscillator and It will be the makings of a really good amplifier. So it is done in stages. You can decide to use parallel or series tank
                    circuit. I lean toward series tank at this point using open system or coupling.
                    There are negative resistances found at most stages. ref Gabriel Kron 1945.

The tendency for the reaction coil to shift to various frequencies is most likely hand capacitance, local fm stations and working on the floor.

I would like to focus back on post 70 where Eric had previously asked why
                    AM transmitter had connection point between reaction coil and the extra coil.
                    He also talked about mag amps and iron loss when working outside the BH curve and time loop. Here it is. here it is.

http://www.energeticforum.com/eric-d...tml#post204150

Comment

• You are right now that I matched the impedance of the tubes with the coil I should also match it to the impedance of the cable so I have to make a ladder 300 Ohm or so.

I also have to make some accurate measurements of the impedance of the coil and the tube driver. I more or less guessed them and that turns out reasonable well but there is room for optimisation. Think I will use a known resistance and measure the voltage over the coil with and without the resistance.

It is a nice learning RF road this coil design

Comment

• Originally posted by orgonaut314 View Post
                        It is a nice learning RF road this coil design
                        Exactly! That seems to be the point people are missing when they complain at not being handed a ready made design.

About this optimisation I have a question. Does the extra coil do the same thing as using a power amplifier that is producing a lot of energy does like Polakowski's transmitter? Or does the extra coil do it in a better way? I mean in Polakowski's experiment could he have uses extra coils to make it even stronger?
                        The extra coil raises the potential which seems to result in a much improved output for the same input power. As far as lighting filament bulbs with a single wire for example, there is a lot more light produced by the higher potential through using the extra coil despite the fact that the power input remains the same as it was without the extra coil.
                        http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Tried a simple ladder with gold coated wire. The coil 'feels' much better and some of the radiation is going into my audio system and the music gets better a lot.

btw also had the frequency shift again and it was caused by the groundwire. This wire adds to the total secondary coil so when it is missing the frequency rises. Or it is the frequency generator because switching on and of fixed it now.
                          Last edited by orgonaut314; 05-17-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Non-Electromagnetic Lines of the Earth

Now to the bird. They are believed to navigate on Leylines. I hope that translates right. Leylines are lines that transport the radiation from the sun across the earth but not the light, the ordening part. Something very like telluric currents I suspect. Possible they are man made lines in the middle ages. Now perhaps I am dragging a Leyline into my house through the antenne? Perhaps works better depending on ground conditions. Don't know but be aware of the possibility when you experiment
                            Ley-lines, Earth magnetic lines, Vril, natural Telluric Currents or in general “Non-Electromagnetic Lines of the Earth” could possibly be manipulated or influenced by these TMT devices once they are properly grounded. It may be a beneficial influence or perhaps less so. This is something to be very mindful of as experimenters. - It may be found a TMT may attract Ley-lines over time and connect to them, like an organic growth. It may be found a TMT wound in the opposite direction repel Ley-lines(?) It may also depend if there are any significant natural Ley-lines nearby.

So do Monopole TMT telluric outputs affect these natural non-electromagnetic lines of the Earth in some manner? – A possibility.

Here is opening for more extensive research & study for sure.
                            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• All I know that I have had these resonance changes while I checked the sinus from the generator yet restarting the generator seemed to fix it. I also had them while I checked the earth connection that seemed good yet moving the earth connection seemed to fix it. Also Opening the door seemed to fix it and that seemed because the ground wire was moved that way.
                              Now I do not think that the ground wire could cause a rise in frequency because the wave is generated starting from the primary up in to the secondary coil. The ground wire is under the point where the wave is generated. When I use a rope analogy it would be like the hand is somewhere in the middle of the rope making the wave upward and the ground wire is below the hand. Most of the hand energy goes upward and is reflected at the hand and some of it goed through that point into the ground. So the length of the ground wire should not influence the resonance frequency I think.
                              Than what does? It is still not understood by me. Perhaps a ley line is pulled in? Resonating at a nearby frequency? Would explain the birds but I don't know I will be looking for other explanations. Probable something stupid. I will report back.

Comment

• I think I found out a bit better what was going on. I had this frequency rise again and found out that the radiation was strongest outside the house and that explains why opening the door was an influence. Well turns out the earth connection acts like an antenne. If the power goes up the earth antenne takes over and the Tesla produces less. Than I can completely open the cap for the pi filter and go for a much higher frequency probable determined by the pi filter in combination with the grounding wire.

By optimising with lower power and a better earth connection the whole thing works normal again

Comment

Working...
                                X