X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ainvision
    replied
    Fabulous Work!

I have ALL of Eric's published documentation from the spring bound paper documents from 'Borderlands of Science' to his latest work plus videos. Daunting stuff!

I would like a response to this question please from Mr Dollard. It is apparent you do not entirely agree with the concept of 'capturing Back EMF' as postulated by many other researchers... How would you describe this phenomena is Tesla/Heaviside analogies?

Incidentally, most of the old books Eric mentions in his videos and texts can be downloaded for free from archive.org

You're welcome

Leave a comment:

• Sputins
    replied
    Looks what's on ebay..

Hi all,

Very quiet at the moment.

I recently discovered this on ebay. Anyone with $200?

Borderland Sales:
    Eric Dollard Research Report Bolinas Radio Transmission Facility | eBay

Lost Archive Material
    Digging around in the archives trying to figure out what we are going to do
    we found the lost Eric Dollard Notebook...

Historic Resource Companion, Bolinas Radio Transmission Facility

To try to fathom the countless thousands of dollars Borderland Sciences has paid to house the archives such as this is mind numbing. We think that the base price of $200.00 while expensive pales in comparison to the relative cost of the archives.

Information is not FREE and it was not painless to keep this material from the oblivion heap.

We are offering this rare item less as important information that the world should have, which is how we have looked at the service we provide, but as a fund raising object to maintain the aims of the organization.

This is the first and only copy now available to the general public.

Gernerally quiet on the surface but my EPD projects are moving forward. Stay (CW) tuned..

Sputins

Leave a comment:

• orgonaut314
    replied
    Eric on Einstein and Thompson

I've read Thompson after Eric suggested this and I must say that the idea that the energy is in the electrical momentum seems very simple. An accelerated charge distribution has a magnetic field and it takes energy to build it hence the extra seemingly momentum. Thanks for pointing this idea out Eric!

The idea of Einstein makes this simple understanding much more strange it seems even to contradict this idea because energy stored in mass and electrical momentum is contradicting unless the 'mass' is simply the electrical field than it is only confusing. In fact there is no reason for the generalization of this electrical momentum to all energy.

I would like to point out the work of Dayton Miller
    Dayton Miller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Who always measured an ether drift high in the mountains when his measuring devise was not shielded with metal and big walls.
    Orgon like ether.

Dayton gathered much more statistics than Michelson Morley did.

This whole idea of the universe rising from a nuclear explosion at the big bang where they put all the energy in mass one moment before the big bang is totally unnecessary. I like the philosophy from Tesla that there is no energy in matter except for the energy that comes from the environment much more.

It means that there are millions of Volts running through us right now to keep us existing.

Following quote just to let Eric know his work is read and appreciated!

Finally, it was given thru the Faraday – Thompson concepts, that the mechanical momentum and the electrical momentum are two distinct forms of energy storage. This obviates any so called “Mass – Energy Equivalency,” no E equals mc squared. It is in reality, not relativity, the momentum of the electric field itself that grows asymptotically in magnitude when the physical velocity nears luminal velocity. These ideas are based upon the very foundation of Electrical Theory. This is shown in “Electricity and Matter”. Albert Einstein ignores these concepts in his Theory of Relativity, they just do not exist. This is given in “Occult Aether Physics”. Einstein has substituted a form of mysticism to replace logical reasoning, he is a mystic.

Reviewing the writings of J. J. Thompson, Atomic Science is here seen to emerge in its infant form. Concepts now considered the realm of Albert Einstein, in actuality were those of J. J. Thompson. For example, in his book “Electricity and Matter”, the idea of the Planck, a quantity of induction, is given, quote from page 63;

“The Faraday tubes stretching thru the Aether cannot be regarded as entirely filling it. They are rather to be looked upon as discrete threads embedded in a continuous Aether, giving to the latter a fibrous structure; but if this is the case, then on this the view we have taken of a wave of light the wave itself must have a structure, and the front of the wave, instead of being, as it were, uniformly illuminated, will be represented by a series of bright specks corresponding to the places where the Faraday tubes cut the front.” Hence the Planck, Q. Here Thompson gives its size as that of a unit Faraday Tube, this being one Coulomb. So, how bit is a Planck?

In his “Electricity and Matter” J. J. Thompson establishes the concept of Atomic Energy, pre-dating Einstein by a decade. To quote, from page 111;

“Let us take the case of the Hydrogen atom for which n equals 1000, (n is the number of Faraday tubes, or electronic corpuscles), and take for a the value usually assumed in the kinetic theory of gases for the radius of the atom, i.e., 10 to the minus 8 centimeter. Then the energy is 1.02 time 10 to the plus 19 ergs; this amount of energy would be sufficient to lift a million tons thru a height exceeding one hundred yards.” Here J. J. Thompson gives not only a dimensional relation for Atomic Energy, but establishes the size of the Planck via the tubes of induction within the Hydrogen atom. Thompson gives 1000 corpuscles, we say one electron. Hereby given is a dielectric induction, psi, in Coulomb, of 1000 lines per electron. The Planck can now be quantified. How is it that Einstein ignores all of this information in his Theory of Relativity?

Leave a comment:

• orgonaut314
    replied
    Primary is made of this copper:
    Cross Coil - Jantzen-audio.com

Leave a comment:

• orgonaut314
    replied
    using litze

I am still in the very early stage of coil design and had a few headaches over copper choice.

I will try now a litze construction with either 7x0,25mm or 10x0,2mm very cheap coper from an old trafo or from normal wire. With holes of 1,6mm in the wood I will get the right spacing of 62% I hope.

My only worry is that my whole construction primary and secondary will have a little low volume. The primary has a sheet thickness of 0,07mm. I might try two layers. Volume = 5,5cm3.

This coil should work at 3 MHz.

Leave a comment:

• Geometric_Algebra
    replied
    Originally posted by orgonaut314 View Post
    Thanks! A lot of inspiration.

I like the modular design but do I understand correctly that you needed the minimum distance in the end between primary and secondary?
    Great. Hopefully you find some information there to use for your experiments.

Two people requested that I start mapping out the coupling coefficient, so I started with the basic information found in the ARRL handbook from 1963.

The data implies that the coupling would increase for a decreased separation distance, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I need to minimize the distance (I'm going to experiment with it though). Also, the data could be wrong because the measurement technique could be wrong (and probably is).

Others more experienced with transformer coupling coefficients than I have pointed out that my coupling is pretty high for "air" core. The ARRL handbook states that a high k for an air core coil system would be around 0.6 to 0.7. So, this makes me skeptical of my data and methods.
    Last edited by Geometric_Algebra; 08-30-2013, 04:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• orgonaut314
    replied
    Originally posted by Geometric_Algebra View Post
    • 10" diameter modular, rapid prototype, coil system (single loop primary, 21 turn RG404 secondary).
    • 1500pF Experimental Clamp-on Primary Capacitor with quick connects.
    • 6sn7 triode driver (360V, Ip=16mA), GZ34 Rectified Power Supply.
    • Aluminum Plate (1233cm^2), 10 ft welding cable, grounding system.
    • This system is not optimized yet (new tank capacitor needed).

Documentation: 3mc_design_notes.pdf
    Thanks! A lot of inspiration.

I like the modular design but do I understand correctly that you needed the minimum distance in the end between primary and secondary?

Leave a comment:

• P~0
    replied
    I scored some GLOM, someone is going to like this;

Philips vacuum tube MHz oscillator, everything is still in there, did not fire it up yet, allready got offered some new tubes for it. Did a lot of cleaning, removed the rust and lubed the mechanical parts, now all the knobs turn fine. A friend 'who knows stuff' will be helping me out bringing it back to life.

Also scored a Trio 4ch 70MHz scope.

My coils resonate at aprox 6 MHz.

Got a big project comming up, I will be back in a few weeks.

To be continued.....

Leave a comment:

• Geometric_Algebra
    replied
    6sn7 Triode Driver Update / 3Mc Modular System Summary
    • 10" diameter modular, rapid prototype, coil system (single loop primary, 21 turn RG404 secondary).
    • 1500pF Experimental Clamp-on Primary Capacitor with quick connects.
    • 6sn7 triode driver (360V, Ip=16mA), GZ34 Rectified Power Supply.
    • Aluminum Plate (1233cm^2), 10 ft welding cable, grounding system.
    • This system is not optimized yet (new tank capacitor needed).

Documentation: 3mc_design_notes.pdf

Leave a comment:

• orgonaut314
    replied
    Originally posted by orgonaut314 View Post
    My question is. When I calculated the maximum diameter of the wire based on the spacing of 60% I get 1,6mm. I know Eric advises to use 14 gauge coax and it would be perfect but also expensive.
    If I could use flat wire of 1,6mm or even litze flat on the coil than I could use normal trafo wire with 6 times 0,25mm.

In 'Theory of wireless power' I read that 'the dissipation of the coils oscillation energy by conductor resistance is minimum when the ratio of wire diameter to the coils pitch is 60%.'

I assume Tesla figured that 60% out? But he used round wires so this makes me doubt if flat litze or flat wire will work.
    To answer my own question. I think I have to go even smaller with the wires to get to 10% of the skindepth I need 0,01mm. I guess if the surface and mass of primary and secondary match it should be ok?

Leave a comment:

• orgonaut314
    replied
    Flat wire for secondary?

My question is. When I calculated the maximum diameter of the wire based on the spacing of 60% I get 1,6mm. I know Eric advises to use 14 gauge coax and it would be perfect but also expensive.
    If I could use flat wire of 1,6mm or even litze flat on the coil than I could use normal trafo wire with 6 times 0,25mm.

In 'Theory of wireless power' I read that 'the dissipation of the coils oscillation energy by conductor resistance is minimum when the ratio of wire diameter to the coils pitch is 60%.'

I assume Tesla figured that 60% out? But he used round wires so this makes me doubt if flat litze or flat wire will work.

Leave a comment:

• Berg
    replied
    Adam Bull interviews Eric Dollard on Solomon Radio

Originally posted by 7redorbs View Post
    Hello everyone. I decided it was a good idea to find out what Eric Dollard had to say..

1. Adam Bull interviews Eric Dollard on Solomon Radio
    - YouTube

Listened to the interview.

Liked it.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Berg

Leave a comment:

• energybat
    replied
    Update from energy bat

Originally posted by john_g View Post
    Hi Geoffrey

Welcome! Looks like you have been very busy, I look forward to reading up on all the details.

Regards

John
    Hi John and all at energetic form

I gave Sterling Allan an 2.5 hour interview about energybat labs.
    you can see it at his website and he did a great write up about the lab. Main Page - PESWiki

Here are my 2 websites

Energy Bat

Mobile Utility Toolbox | The Pull Out Corporation

Project 21
    Energybat Labs replication of Mr. Dollard’s experiments. back in 1988 from the borderlands videos.
    Mr. Miller work on this project between 1988-1991 when he got the borderlands videos.

More to come

Thank You

Geoffrey miller

Leave a comment:

• David G Dawson
    replied
    Crystal Set Initiative

dR-Green,
    Thankyou for your interest.
    Picture is one I sent to Eric of Coils #1 (Accidental and having same length as secondary), #2 (Erics) & #3 (11 awg test) and Coil # 4 of the 20 awg is similar to # 1 in appearance and having the same Inductance.
    AM Station Frequency = 1557 Khz.
    Diameter of primary and secondary is 488 mm (19.2").
    Extra Coil is 195.2 mm (7.68") and having 50 turns but made a few extra for tapping purposes but find a reduced number of windings was better like 48 turns.

Length was calculated that the 50th turn equalled diameter or close to it, i.e., 'square' except for the 11 awg which is slightly longer.
    The picture has the coils connected to a 30 meter aerial strung into the bushes and I was testing each for AM reception and using the two 1N34 diodes on the pick-up head as the receiver for comparison.
    No matter what I did, Erics was always the way poorest performer in both this test and test on the working TMT - way too many turns and wire too small, destruction by L & C.
    Test here was by contact to detect an AM EM signal and not through the air as at the actual Extra Coil at the TMT.

Made up a circular 600 x 900 mm aluminium sheet tank today to completely surround the Extra coil and didn't matter whether it was connected metal to metal or insulated, the reception was improved from the air receiver some 15" away.
    My hand in close proximity to the tank managed to amplify the signal slightly where normally it would do the opposite.
    I had a notion that I would be able to light a small Led between the two ends of the aluminium but was not the case.
    This test kind of proves the signal is other than Hertzian as the aluminium is shielding the receive head.

The test of the Extra coil inside the secondary was a failure due to I believe, the spiralling motion of the LMD signal away from the primary/secondary coils at the top side but the Extra is radiating out in all directions.

Smokey
    Last edited by David G Dawson; 08-16-2013, 12:43 AM. Reason: Picture Size

Leave a comment:

• dR-Green
    replied
    Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
    dR-Green,
    Crystal Set Initiative:
    Occurred to me to test all of my Extra Coils for Inductance after reading your material and results as follows:

Coil #1 56 turn 14 awg (Accidental and best)
    379.5 uH
    Coil #2 124 turn 21 awg (Erics and doesn't work)
    1.997 mH
    Coil #3 56 turn 11 awg test - not as good as #1
    321.6 uH
    Coil #4 53 turn 20 awg test - OK
    380.8 uH

All the coils are tapped at the 50 turn point as being the best excepting Eric's which I still see as being of the incorrect length.
    Notice where I am working compared to Erics.
    My frequency is 1557 Khz and calculates out with a 30 pF capacitor.
    Hi Smokey. Could you post details on your coils (diameter and height etc). What frequency is it supposed to work at and what frequency do you get etc?

@Sputins: Looks good, I'll probably have to build one of those myself.

General: One design variation of a scaled CS coil is more or less finished, just need to calculate the weight of the copper tube that will be used as the final turn and add it to the secondary copper weight, perhaps adjust the primary accordingly, then it should be ready for building and testing. Another extra coil will probably also be built mainly due to the fact that this first design has quite a small extra coil and will be (physically) tricky to work with, so a slightly bigger coil will be easier to manage. With any luck the secondary frequency (alone) will end up in the target region and won't need any further design adjustments or multiple builds for testing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X