X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet? Hardly!

QUOTE=T-rex;198338]Too Quiet Here

With all the material I have provided, this for one year now, why has it not created any activity here. Little comes back out of this effort to promote any advancement in understanding. What is there to maintain my interest?

It did get my car back in shape and a replacement PRC 47.

It would seem "Sparks" has figured it all out. Great! Perhaps he can begin in a series of writings here to explain in an engineer's terms his understanding.

73 DE N6KPH[/QUOTE]

Eric,
    Time makes us all equal, you are up the curve where we are not and we are learning from you and for most this is all new as they are just beginning.

Appreciate very much all of the Integratron detail and a new learning curve there as well.
    MIT Pulse Generators V5 is an excellent document and have uploaded this one to 'n6kph' for those interested.
    It shows me how to downconvert charged oil filled caps into pulse transformers where I believe I have 'Energy Synthesis' displayed using Thyratrons.

'Fence Antenna' Experiment:
    This is the simple Crystal Set probe head that I displayed earlier, two 1N34s and a 500pF capacitor into hi impedance Headphones, NO COILS.

I am finding that anything of a metallic nature in my area is charged with this AM EM Hertzian signal at the frequency of 1.557 Mhz.
    This includes not only the fenceline at various intensity levels but also anything metallic, house tin roof, motor vehicles, crossbracing on carport, metal objects in yard in general.
    What I am now finding is that the Ground Plane under the 'Crystal Set Iniative' is now very loud compared to day one just as if something has allowed this energy to build in size from the Telluric side.

I have noticed that the ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential) of my hot water system in the Lab which is turned OFF is very high at -800mV where all other water levels are at +250 mV which is normal.
    The Lab water is isolated from 'artificial electricity' where the other is used as a grounding path.

CHASING THE HIGH ORP

Will be doing the test exercises today on the 3 Extra Coils and the Secondary as I still have a problem with your Extra Math and disagree with its result as it does not match Tesla's at CSprings.

You are very interested in your disclosures but not interested in the results that are being achieved that may question your own findings.

My setup is using your p1/2 relationship but gives the Secondary and Extra as being of equal length and have the coil resonant at that frequency and why it is radiating and can be received through wet air some 20" away.
    From what I can see is that I have a working, passive TMT.

Has anyone else checked with a Crystal Set probe head and Headphones to hear what their Extra is doing?
    You will hear very little unless you have a 50kW blanket AM transmitter in close proximity.

I have completed some Math on Tesla's 3 coils with respect to 'Copper Mass' and 'Copper Surface Area' and will present those findings shortly and it will show the errors that people are making in their Tesla replications.

On September 22/23 Tesla was noting that the Primary and Secondary needed to be equal but this is clearly NOT the case on October 4th as he clearly states that his Secondary was 'not vibrating freely' and as a consequence began some major changes.
    This is the same time he was beginning to hang his balls, so to speak.
    October 5th - 'Res. of secondary 17 turns 2.804 ohms'.
    Turn 20 on my system is 'dead', where turn 17 is 'alive'.

'Notes On The Crystal Set', your words:
    It is all there, look at it, not the diversions, and remember everything you thought was Tesla is the exact opposite. It is there; one or two turn primary; a 20% height/width secondary; and a 100% height/width extra coil, all there, wire size, turns, all there, can you find it?

Yes, we can and have done so but you are not responding and that is all I ask of you.
    Quiet? Hardly!
    'If you look for only what you want to see then you will be missing out on the unseen'.

Thanks.

Smokey

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroNod View Post
      Use a variable capacitors to fine tune the inductive p. tesla coil or loop on resonance frequency . (extra butterfly or dual capacitor can give better SWR
      however i did not use it by so for got good SWR with just the parallel capacitor. this sytem replace a `normal`antenna tunner .

do not use normal antenna tuners. it will blow up amplifiers . i use mostly 200mWatt or about 24dBm to see if the systems work .
      "Are we saying that it's impossible to damage any radio transmitter by having a “bad” load? No, not at all. You can torch almost any transmitter by putting a dead short on it. And you can fry most modern radios by having an open circuit on them, as well, mainly by over-voltage of the output transistors. But it is NOT the SWR that does the damage! NEVER NEVER NEVER. A transmitter always sees an IMPEDANCE; it never sees an SWR. And don't ever forget it. "

Quote from eHam.net article titled, "SWR Meters Make You Stupid"

Comment

• Quiet, A bit. been busy acquiring stuff off ebay, now to get onto the power supply side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
          It is a lower case epsilon, ϵ, dielectric constant of the space around the coil.
          I don't get it. I have numbers like 7327.84861% 1 is obviously wrong and so is 2.71828.

8.854187817620 x 10^-12 doesn't work either, not least I think because it's Farad/metre and the equations are in inches. 8.85... x materials constant from the list above doesn't yield any reasonable results either. I have no idea what value it's supposed to have. Can someone please advise?

Also what is the 2.54 x 10^-12 about in equation (2)? How is it supposed to be applied? I'm having to use the Radiotron version in cm.

Last edited by dR-Green; 06-19-2012, 06:29 AM.
          http://www.teslascientific.com/

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Unless defined by the writer Epsilon naught is the vacuum permittivity: Vacuum permittivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also it has a mathmatical meaning as well:
            ε₀ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or it can be any definition as defined by the author, in one of the cases above it's prescribed to the natural log, base e:
            Natural logarithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Euler number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            e - Euler's number

Then we get into Eulers equation: Euler's identity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• Thanks but I can't seem to get any sense out of whatever I try. Tried all kinds of things I've been reading about, converting them to imperial etc etc, I just get ridiculous numbers as the result.

[edit] I'm doing it in MS Excel and when doing Tesla's velocity of the wave around the earth calculation before it became obvious that Excel gave a different result to a calculator, the units in Excel had to be converted into radians for the answers to match. So I just realised something like that could be going on here Spent the best part of today and yesterday trying to figure this little number out
              Last edited by dR-Green; 06-19-2012, 07:55 AM.

"Knowledge is cosmic. It does not evolve or unfold in man. Man unfolds to an awareness of it. He gradually discovers it." - Walter Russell

"Once men died for Truth, but now Truth dies at the hands of men." - Manly P. Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                I'm stuck. Can someone please explain what this highlighted symbol means? Below it is the only thing I was able to find in Condensed Intro To Tesla Transformers page 28, but I have no idea what value it's supposed to have or anything? It's also there again on page 26.

1 / SQRT(mü*epsilon) = v

[mü] = Farad/m
                [epsilon] = Henry/m
                [v] = m/s

i.e.

1 / SQRT(1.256*10^-6 Henry/m * 8.854*10^-12 Farad/m) = 2.9987*10^-8 m/s = 299870 km/s

Comment

• Extra Coil Test

Extra Coils Test:
                  Signal Generator:
                  Wavetek Model 191 Pulse FG 20Mhz
                  Frequency Meter: Sinometer VC3165 0.1 Hz ~ 2.4 Ghz

Extra Coil #1 14awg 54 turns (50.3 calculated) 'The 'Accidental Coil' as I was aware the Secondary and the Extra should be about the same length.
                  Adjust = 130mm 5.125"
                  Volts imput = 295mV + 10db output attenuation
                  Fpeak = 2369.5 Khz (1557 Khz *pi/2 = 2.445.7 Khz) close and needs to lose some turns.
                  Cvar = 300 pF
                  Height above Ground Plane = 12.75"

Extra Coil #2 21 awg 125 turns including 1 extra turn - Eric's Math which I am disputing.
                  Adjust = 65mm
                  Volts input = 820 mV + 10db output attenuation
                  Fpeak = 1024.9 Khz
                  Cvar = 267 pF
                  Height = 14"

Extra Coil #3 Same as #1 but 11 awg and 56 turns
                  Adjust = 70mm
                  Fpeak = 2650.9 Khz - needs to have turns pruned back to about the 50 and would also expect Volts to reduce as well.
                  Volts input = 780mV + 10db attenuation
                  Cvar = 212 pf
                  Height = 12.125"

Hands up those that can see the problem?
                  Some Math about 1557 Khz - what do you want to do?
                  Go to the high side of the 1557 or the low side where it is a cow to tune and you are working on the tail end of the Luminal wave and not at the beginning - See my drawing.
                  1557 *pi/2 = 2.445.7 where I am working.
                  1557 /(pi/2) = 991.2 Khz where you are working - see Extra Coil #2 at 1024.9 Khz - only a 34 Hz discrepancy.

Hands up all those that have produced the 1N34 pickup head into high impedance Headphones and are able to receive a signal through the air for nothing coming from your Extra Coil some 10 " away without using some large metal receiving antenna where I am using a pin head?

I repeat:
                  The Secondary and the Extra are the same length!
                  I have a working passive TMT, you don't!

All of this was displayed at 'n6kph' where you were supposed to be operating and now I feel I am just wasting my time here and you have the audacity to question how 'quiet' we all are!

I will set up some means of charting the Field Intensity Meter but the peak is of a high 'Q' nature and really is not going to reveal much.
                  Will do Secondary tomorrow after tuning # 1 and #3 for turn peaks for frequency match.

Last pic is of an integrated Capacitor into the Primary which I am not quite happy about and needs strap connections which I have not done as yet.
                  At least I now have tuning capability on the Primary.

Tried to put up full size pics but not obvious how that is done - Later.
                  Just feel I am wasting my time.

Smokey
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Extra Coil Test

Had the pics in order but are not presented in that manner.
                    First pic is # 3 My 2nd
                    Second is # 1 My 1st
                    Third is # 2 Eric's Math

Smokey

Comment

• Those photos of RCA Bolinas are amazing, those fractals are beautiful!

DrGreen,
                      If you have a number in Farads per meter and you want the answer in farads per inch you multiply by meter per inch and the meters cancel.
                      Eg; Farads per meter * meters per inch
                      So the number you'd multiply is 0.0254, giving the vacuum permittivity as 2.2489X10^-13 Farads per inch

I'll convert this to equation images when I get home. Does this help your numbers at all?

Raui
                      Scribd account; http://www.scribd.com/raui

Comment

• Originally posted by magnetO View Post
                        1 / SQRT(mü*epsilon) = v

[mü] = Farad/m
                        [epsilon] = Henry/m
                        [v] = m/s

i.e.

1 / SQRT(1.256*10^-6 Henry/m * 8.854*10^-12 Farad/m) = 2.9987*10^-8 m/s = 299870 km/s
                        The answer = a few billion %

I'll have to take a closer look at this Excel business and try the equations on paper instead to see if it's doing anything stupid. Even using something stupid like ϵ = 0.00000000001 just to see what would happen resulted in over 3000% So something is not right somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raui View Post
                          Those photos of RCA Bolinas are amazing, those fractals are beautiful!

DrGreen,
                          If you have a number in Farads per meter and you want the answer in farads per inch you multiply by meter per inch and the meters cancel.
                          Eg; Farads per meter * meters per inch
                          So the number you'd multiply is 0.0254, giving the vacuum permittivity as 2.2489X10^-13 Farads per inch

I'll convert this to equation images when I get home. Does this help your numbers at all?

Raui
                          Thanks for the effort but that doesn't work either. The way I did it was this

=(8.85418781762*POWER(10,-12))/39.3700787

But both give the same answer so at least that seems to be right. I'm not convinced that it's not an Excel issue at this point. Started the equations from scratch three times and spent countless hours changing things and putting equations and sums in separate boxes in case it's not working out properly by all being in the same box etc, still getting nowhere with it.

Comment

• Presenting Pictures Full Size

Aaron,
                            Is there anyway you can assist here to make the presentation of pictures made easier by click and drag method without using a 3rd Party for hosting the pics?

Eric needs to see a full picture and all I/we can provide are Thumbnails which he is unable to see from where he connects in to the site.

Have also noted today that I had to delete previous uploaded thumbnails to make room for today's pics and these I would think have now been lost from the system.

Hope you can help.

Smokey

Comment

• Extra Coil Working Point

Attaching the drawing I made of the Luminal point where the Extra Coil is working or should be working at.
                              As you can see from the diagram, Eric's is before the frequency of concern where mine is after and also gives the correct length for the Extra.
                              Looking at this from what I presented earlier and was talking of 1/8 and 1/4 wave and that is now confusing and please disregard.
                              Will attempt to explain it so it can be understood clearly and working on that now.

Smokey
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Full size pictures

Originally posted by dR-Green View Post
                                I use ImageShack® - On line Photo and Video Hosting

When you click on "Share It" for an image it gives different links for thumbnails or full size etc......
                                Hi dr-Green:
                                Sorry to bother you. I signed up for the basic service as you recommended. I can upload my pictures but can't transfer them to the forum web page. I don't seems to have the "Share it" function. What I have is
                                ACTION
                                create album
                                create slide show
                                post to blog
                                exit images
                                mark as private
                                mark as public
                                delete
                                get code for forums
                                get code for websites
                                get code for email
                                add tags
                                remove tags
                                upload images
                                None of the above allows me to post to this forum.
                                By the way I am so glad that you are ahead of me and most likely of others with your project. I was afraid I will run into the same problems you are trying to work out for us who follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X