Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to dry the leaves of the Moringa Tree

121 Drying Moringa leaves.wmv - YouTube

I have for some time been looking for a source of vitamins that is not man made, this tree has really filled that quest.

It has been tested as a good fish food, I do plan on finding more trees that can help supply fish food.

Enjoy.

Image from here ->

MORINGA - TREE

See my experiments here...
    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Another link for a documentary.

Discovery Channel - Documentary of Moringa Oleifera - YouTube

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Mmmmmm aquaponic food

Comment

Planting holes are recommended to be 60cm deep, mix some manure into them and trees are planted 3x3 meters apart, going to do some planting too and try and introduce it to others on the land.....
        10 alternative energy sources
        Tascam iM2, Hi-Fi Stereo Mic, iPhone, iPad

Comment

How to plant

Originally posted by Hannah10 View Post
          Planting holes are recommended to be 60cm deep, mix some manure into them and trees are planted 3x3 meters apart, going to do some planting too and try and introduce it to others on the land.....

Hi Hannah,

60 cm = 23 inches deep.

3 meters = 9.84 feet

Thanks for the advice. I have mine in wood chips, and I regularly fertilize mine with minerals, and compost tea. They sure are great nutrition!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the information Mart. This tree consists of highly rich nutritious elements including vitamins, iron, minerals, potassium and antioxidants, which makes it highly usable.
            Last edited by claudia_22; 06-12-2012, 04:25 AM.

Comment

RE: Morninga harvest

Originally posted by webpiter
              You can do this by following the steps.

Step #1: Take off a branch with healthy green leaves. Pick off any bad ones. You need to use your Moringa leaves when they are vibrant and green. If you have leaves that are older, use them in your worm compost boxes. I notice there are huge redworms living in my Moringa tree roots. When we had to move up here from California, I had 6 worm beds. I could only take three in the truck. When we arrived here and I was transplanting some small trees, there were more huge redworms in my tree roots then in the compost box. We had lost some of them in the compost boxes when it snowed at the old house. The Moringa trees had been protected in the greenhouse and the worms survived as well there.

Step #2: Wash them gently but completely in your sink. I just run the water over them, turning them to make sure both sides get washed. You need to wash your leaves because they may have dust and because of flies. You want clean product.

Step #3: Shake the water off the leaves and pat dry gently with a paper towel.

Thanks for the tips! I have found I had to be careful when they are wet because with the high humidity they can get mold. a small fan placed in the right place helps with this.

Comment

Morninga, collection of information.

Moringa - Vitamins growing in a tree.

Comment

There is another tree called the "Star Apple Tree" or the "Golden Leaf Tree", an
                  infusion of the leaves of that tree are also very good for you. It's a tropical fruit
                  tree. I treat the leaves as though it was tea or tobacco. Then crush/cut to
                  make a small strong infusion (tea), I use a small amount of hot water and set it
                  aside to cool and infuse.

It has many benefits. Crysophyllum cainito (Sapotaceae) Star Apple -The wonderful gifts of the Golden Leaf Tree-

THE CURING TREE AS A SOURCE OF STRENGTH

In addition to having tasty healthy fruits, Star Apple has some helpful medicinal uses. The beautiful leaves and bark contain some secrets of nature’s pharmacy. The medicinal tea made out of the leaves is believed to cure diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis. As well as traditional medicine the decoction made from the leaves is believed to prevent cancer. The bark decoction is used to alleviate coughs and is a tonic and stimulant drink if taken in proper doses and prepared correctly.
                  Chrysophyllum_cainito wiki.

Chrysophyllum cainito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enjoy and good health to all.

Cheers

P.S. This site software needs fixing because edits won't work unless the
                  advanced option is used.

Last edited by Farmhand; 11-23-2013, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Re: another tree.

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                    There is another tree called the "Star Apple Tree" or the "Golden Leaf Tree", an

Thanks for the info. I get frosts where I live, so this is not a good option for me Glad that you have it and can enjoy it! Looks to be a very helpful tree.

Comment

Working...
                    X