Energy saving on the Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy saving on the Farm

Today we are in the era of energy conservation.Taking steps to save energy on the farm due to energy consumption by motors will helps to maintain sustainable environment.The motors of irrigation pumps on a farm should be tested every two or three years. The overall efficiency of the system also depends upon design of the irrigation system and the efficiency of all the constituent units.

Looking for more ideas on the energy conservation in the agriculture.
    Concernergy : Exploring Ideas for Energy Conservation

How about energy-reuse?
    Not just using less, but re-using more??

Such as the heat generated in compost to warm a greenhouse...
    or small plants that feed fish that feed you...
    or fish poo that feeds plants that feed you...
    Um, it all takes solar power...

YouTube - 1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish 500 yards compost

Comment

Thanks for the YouTube link.
      You can saving energy on the Farm by using Motors & Irrigation Systems.Using a premium efficiency motor instead of a standard motor will help to increase efficiency by 2 to 10%.

For your information:
      Saving Energy on the Farm - Motors & Irrigation Systems - Concernergy
      Concernergy : Exploring Ideas for Energy Conservation

Comment

Guys dont build any thing on your farm unless made of this, check the end of the video unbelievable energy savings

YouTube - Industrial Hemp Uses

Comment

Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
          Guys dont build any thing on your farm unless made of this, check the end of the video unbelievable energy savings

YouTube - Industrial Hemp Uses
          I really love the whole hemp concept. Nice vid!

YouTube - Ford Hemp Car
          Ford And Deisel Never Intended Cars To Use Gasoline
          Hempcar.org-Henry Ford

Comment

you don't have to smoke it, you get high just thinking about it

Originally posted by Moe R View Post

Mike

Comment

I've seen a different version (better quality encoding) of the plastic ford car on youtube. But it's been removed, thought I'd never see that video again. I shall be saving it for future references.

It's funny how hemp is made out to be the product of the future when it was the product of the past 1,000+ years. We can all thank DuPont for the banning of hemp.

I did find the report from a senate hearing, where FBI officers retold their encounters with polish immigrants. Who when faced with their hemp crop being confiscated, armed themselves to protect their crop which would become the clothes they would be using the following year.

. . .
              Regular service Signature:
              Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

The Rense article is a bit lacking on the tree aspect.

1 hemp acer replaces the need for 4 acres of trees, which would be used to make paper. Hemp goes from seed to harvest in about 90 days compared to 5 to 500 years for tress to make paper.

With hemp you basically replace the need to ever cut down trees for paper. Plus you get better paper as a result, which require little to no chemicals that is currently used in paper making.

. . .
                Regular service Signature:
                Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

Highly Agreed with mathewrobert. We can save lot of energy using motors and Irrigation System. So we must try this system at least for one time. I assure you it would be very beneficial for everyone..

irrigation systems design

Comment

Another tip to save the energy(SunFusion Solar) in your farm is to test your well pumps and the overall pumping efficiency. Pumps with less than 50% efficiency should be considered for replacement or repair as they tend to consume a lot of energy.
                    SunFusion Solar

Comment

Energy Efficient Water Pumping Systems

Click this link for information regarding solar powered water pumping systems and the agricultural applications they can satisfy.

http://www.sunrotor.com/sites/defaul..._Booklet_2.pdf

Comment

GEET the tractors. Grow and make your own biofuel. GEET an engine/generator and create your own electricity.

These are just a couple of things on my mind that I've been trying to talk my family into doing on their farm.
                        If you've made it this far then I've finally quit rambling.

Comment

Energy saving

Never make your garden bigger than what your wife can tend. :-)
                          See my experiments here...
                          http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

If you have a lot of organic material, by compisting it you can produce co2, good for plants growing, a lot of heat for winter and biogas for electrical production. Search jean pain thecnique, he measured the energy produced, and he concluded that YOU CAN EARN MORE ENERTY THAN BURBING THE ORNGANIC MATERIAL, it is COLD FUSION, BIOLOGY COLD FUSIONĦĦĦ

Jean Pain earned all the energy he needed from fores waste: cooking gas, house heat in winter, heat water, electricity, gas for his car...

Comment

Other uses..

there is something that takes the energy of the sun and can heat the water..
                              maybe when the wether is very cold or just want to heat the water...
                              is very cheap and i know you have listened about that..is the solar panels..

thinking about that it can be used in a faarm..here i share something where you can see how it works....: Green Products-artistic individual unique piece to be appreciated :.

Comment

Working...
                              X