Iron tools defertilize soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron tools defertilize soil

Copper or wood is much better farming tool than iron or steel.

Hidden Nature - The Startling Insights of Viktor Schauberger
    Viktor found that in the poorer southern part of the country, populated largely by people of Turkish origin, the fields were tilled with traditional wooden ploughs pulled usually by teams of women. These fields remained very fertile and productive, with high crop quality. In the north, however, the fields were ploughed with tractor-drawn steel ploughs. As he was aware of the destructive effect that steel and iron have on water in the soil, Schauberger attributed the disappearance of the water and the poorer yields to the use of the steel ploughs and the faster ploughing in the north. This knowledge led him to invent a new kind of plough and to do a number of experiments on improving soil fertility. Before going into this, however, we need to understand more about electromagnetism.

Two kinds of electromagnetism

Viktor already recognized that in Nature there are two types of electromagnetism, just as there are two kinds of temperature change. The one that encourages growth and stimulates energies in all organisms he called biomagnetism or bioelectricity; the elements connected with this form of electromagnetism (diamagnetism) are copper, bismuth and gold. The other, ferromagnetism, usually just called magnetism, when combined with an electric current, is the form that is commonly used in electric motors and dynamos for the generation of electricity. In Nature this form of energy is used to break down substances. In water's case it disintegrates the water particles into its constituent atoms. The elements of ferromagnetism are iron, nickel and cobalt.

Viktor observed how steel ploughs damage the soil. Drawn rapidly through the ground, the hard steel ploughshares generate minute ferro-electric and ferro-magnetic currents that decompose the nutrient-laden water molecules in the soil, in a manner similar to electrolysis, resulting in water loss. The surface tension of the water molecule is reduced, the soil loses its energy potential and its nutritive subtle energies are dissipated. This not only destroys the soil's subtler energies, but also converts the nutritive elements or removes them from the mature water molecule. The residual water becomes pure juvenile water that has no nutritive value.

Schauberger started to experiment with copper, initially as a plating of thick copper over a conventional steel plough. The destructive ferro-electromagnetic effects of the steel plough were thus replaced by beneficial bioelectromagnetic ionization, enhancing growth and soil fertility. Because of the remarkable results it achieved, this came to be known as the 'Golden Plough.'

Field trials were conducted near Salzburg in 1948 and 1949 to compare the results of the new plough with the conventional steel plough. Fields strips were ploughed, alternately using steel and copper-plated ploughs. When the grain came up the differences between the alternate strips was quite apparent. Where the copperplated plough had been used the water content and the nutrient energies of the soil had been increased, and the corn stood about 6-8 inches higher with a much fuller head. Some yields in the strips ploughed with copper-plated implements increased by up to 40% compared to the control strips where conventional steel ploughs were used. As all other factors of soil chemistry, orientation, furrow width, etc., were identical, the difference in yield was clearly due to the use of the copper plated plough.

With two crops there were spectacular results. 15cm long ears of rye produced an average of 104 grains each (Fig. 16.1). In another experiment in Tyrolean Kitzbuhel potatoes weighing nearly half a kilo, containing over twenty eyes' (the source of next year's crop), were produced (Fig. 16.2).
    @Aromaz, I think this is also the reason why copper is important in ancient civilization. They also use the same water irrigation pipe as Victor mentioned.

hand tools

The quoted text tells about the effect of iron rapidly drawn through the soil. So I would take it that it does not pertain to hand tools.

Michael L

Comment

Schauberger mention different properties of electricity/electrostatic generated by iron or copper. Since electric can generate with friction, shoveling with hand tool can generate electrostatic too. I think even hand tool can make a difference. I am planning to do test with my wife small flower garden. If I can persuade her maybe I can do test for alkali/acid water too.

I think we should also ask for opinion of old time farmer which has experience of both using metal tool and wood/copper/stone tool. In java, rice crop grow better using old tool (no tractor). Farmer would prefer to use cows or even man's work to prepare land to preserve land fertility.

Comment

By hand is better

Agreed. Hand working the ground is much better and that is from personal experience. I am even having good results with no till in my garden and lettting nature do the work. I don't know about the difference in metals, but working by hand always gives less compaction and better soil structure. Here in the US even the big farms with tractors are going to no till methods. In my area almost all soy beans are planted no till, for example, and my state is one of the largest producers of soy beans.

Michael L

Comment

I see. .

It is interesting that by doing the natural way, even weeds do not become a problem. The weed do not grow but the plant will become healthier and stronger. This is mentioned in Alexandersson - Living Water - Viktor Schauberger and the Secrets of Natural Energy.

There is also other use of copper to ward off insects, it seems there is more to copper than what science currently accept:
          Wired! Insect deterrents
          An acquaintance told me she's heard of people using very thin copper
          or silver wire to ward off insects and maybe other critters. The
          wire is strung a few inches above the ground and runs up and down the
          garden rows. Anyone heard of this? What is the principle behind it?
          I assume it concentrates energy somehow that insects don't like.
          Since it doesn't seem to be very common it must have some drawbacks?
          Or is it just one of those magnificent ideas from the 1960s like
          smoking banana peels?
          Re: Wired! Insect deterrents
          Lloyd Charles wrote: Snip HiTom A friend told me this would keep termites out of
          a building we were having trouble with. The copper wire needs to be strung a few
          inches above ground, on insulators, kept tight, and butt joined (end on joint)
          so that it will hum / resonate (like the old time aerial phone wires used to.)
          Sounds good and I believe it would work but boy does it take some doing. The
          wire is almost impossible to keep tensioned, between the dog laying up against
          it, and the constant expansion - contraction in a long length of copper wire - I
          gave up.

A couple of points.

The function here is likely to be different to the earlier thread. Termites are
          very sound sensitive. So the humming wire may will work. To tension and to keep
          tensioned, requires a high tensile wire as used for the old copper phone wires,
          not the soft stuff used to wind coils. Find some old abandoned phone wires, or
          use high tensile Galv Steel. You may need to play around with the spans of wire,
          as this will control the pitch/ frequency. Dowse to find the one that makes
          termites feel like going to the next house and that you can still live with. If
          the maintenance of the wire is too difficult or dangerous to dog and visitors,
          you could build an small electronic device to produce the same frequency for a
          few tens of dollars and install in under cover.

> We have got a trial going on at the moment with a white ant pepper made
          > from a tincture and also spraying the active sites with a potentised
          > arsenicum album (from a Malcolm Rae Card) this looks very promising. Have
          > had some real good results around the house and yard with simple D8 pest
          > insect peppers prepared with a small potentiser (this is not that difficult
          > to hand prepare either) and applied with a watering can. Definitely NOT
          > rocket science but easy and cheap and totally harmless.

Could you keep the list posted on this? The Rae Card for Arsenicum album, is the
          homoeopathic, rather than the physical material. It will be interesting to see
          what happens.

I have a "slow" compost heap, one that gets kitchen scraps and garden waste, as
          distinct from a properly built "hot" compost. Every now and again, it gets put
          through the screen and any uncomposted material goes in a new "hot" heap and
          this starts again. I found I had a family of Grey/ Fruit Rat (Ratis ratis) found
          it offered both accommodation and food. I decided to try a new Radionic Rate (to
          me). So I just put a 500 ml of water on the Base 44 instrument and fired up the
          rate for "To make unattractive to rats" which 31 34 34 18. I did not even go to
          the effort of putting it in a trigger spray, just sloshed it around, on and over
          the compound, which is made from four pallets. I also levelled the heap off and
          closed their holes. When checking they seem to have left.

Comment

Other copper use

General:
            Implementations Copper Page

Prevent snail and slug:
            Implementations Slugs & Snails Page

Faraming test result:
            Implementations User Feedback

Scauberger test of copper plough result:
            Field Trials

Comment

Thanks for the research

Comment

This is very interesting.
                I wonder what kind of copper?
                Or can one use bronze alloy as it is harder?

So much for steel bladed rototillers.

Comment

copper tape

Hi shawn,

I found some copper slug tape in the hardware store.

It is about 1 1/2" wide and very thin with sticky tape on one side. You peel away the paper and stick the copper tape to the edge around your planter etc.

I have seen the slugs on the other side but this was likely because they were planted along with the seedlings and therefore were caught on the inside of the planter.

I do not think hardness is the issue, but flexibility to wrap into the odd shapes of a tree trunk or wooden planter.
                  See if you can find this tape. It is not expensive as I recall.

jeanna

Comment

I was doing some searching and found that they
                    ( PKS Gartengeraete aus Kupfer_Kupferwerkzeug_Kupfergartenwerkzeug_Viktor Schauberger_PKS_Bronzegartenwerkzeug_PKS_BRONZE_Br onzemesser_Kupfermesser_Bronzeknife_Copperknife_Co ppergardentools_Coppergardeningtools_Coppertools_B ronzegardentools_outils_en_c )
                    use an alloy or several varieties of copper alloy.
                    Primarily it is copper/tin (makes bronze), but they also at times use some phosphorous for hardness and they can add manganese or magnesium as well as silver and gold for special orders (for the trace elements)
                    I was looking at a metallurgy site and found that silicon can be added as well, but am not sure what the results would be with agri-implements.
                    Same for zinc (which they use to get brass).
                    I read the Viktor Schauberger books years ago and found them very intriguing but never really did any experimenting along that line.
                    I will have to do something about that, but this year gardening doesn't happen for us. Hopefully next year. I miss working in the garden (darn city living).

Comment

Yes .

The link I post before also have copper tool product:
                      Implementations Copper Page

There is a way to add copper layer to the steel but it seems to be expensive:
                      But in case you want to experiment something done at ancient time: heat the iron until red and then pour molten copper. Not sure if stainless steel will work.
                      With proper flux (borax based, usually done in brazing), melted copper will coat SS. For me, the process is more expensive than electroplating and the high temperature may disturb the austenitic structure of SS. Moreover, the heat may deform and warp the SS plate and difficult to apply to the inner side of a tubular design such as a WFA booster.
                      I think electroplating is easier and cheaper. Not sure how though.

As for copper effect, I strongly believe it work even for me .

Comment

It seems to be a difficult operation to bond the copper to steel and so the implements all are made from copper alloy.
                        Electroplating is out as it would wear down and expose the steel very quickly and defeat the purpose.
                        I was thinking of buying a few pieces of different copper alloys in flat stock form and brazing them together into tools to give them a go.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn View Post
                          I was thinking of buying a few pieces of different copper alloys in flat stock form and brazing them together into tools to give them a go.
                          I would love to hear the result . Add copper to the water hose too.

Comment

Working...
                          X