Clear All

• Alright give me a couple of days.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      Alright give me a couple of days.
      Matt
      Ok, I will wait patiently.
      I the meantime, I've been played with 3BGS with small 7 Amp Alum batts, load hooked to a booster (set to 36 volts), and then differential voltage (20 volt) to a REMF charger, charging the fourth battery. The results was somehow disappointing, which is normal, I think. The charge in third battery was inconsistent, not like the charge done before with the modified motor. This test failed big time, but I was aware of failure possibility.
      Now I'm testing 3BGS using an inverter, wich give me some usable light at 800 mA current draw (inverter + 5 Watt led lamp). First cycle was very promising, BUT, I have to say now I'm using 40 Amp deep cycle batteries, and, it seems like resting time helps a lot charging the third batt.
      Right now I'm running the second cycle, and the result looks, also, promising. Battery charged first time looks stable, and the charging process of the third battery seems to be effective.
      After finishing all the cycles of the test, I will post results with diagrams.
      By the way, light in the room is powered by inverter :-)

L.E. I updated this post with some Excel charts.

Short conclusions: main goal was achieved - third battery is charging for real with inverter.

Note 1: batteries was discharged only to 12 volt, though specs allow to be discharged down to 10,5 volt (FCD12-40AT batteries).
      Note 2. all three batteries was not fully charged.
      I manage to run batteries in 3BGS configuration for 35 hours, at 800 mA load, but this does not prove anything special, so far.
      Anyway, in next test I'm just discharging the battery with inverter and led lamp, to see how long the load will last in real world.
      I'm going to make a complete test using 3BGS configuration with fully charged batteries, down to 11 volts, only when my automatic switcher will be ready.

Best regards,
      Teodor
      Attached Files
      Last edited by axxelxavier; 01-05-2019, 04:53 PM. Reason: No need to create another post...

Comment

• Update

You guys should know that Matt has had some technical difficulties, which required a whole new operating system installed from scratch on his computer. And since it is now a Linux machine and he NEEDS to be able to run some specific kinds of programs, he now has to figure out how to run similar programs in Linux. So he is swamped with trying to get all this figured out just so he can climb back up to the baseline he was on before everything went to crap. He may not be responding for a while.

On another note. If you haven't built a MODIFIED MATT MOTOR and begun to learn how these systems work and WHY we believe they are so important, you really need to do that. One day you will be kicking yourself that you wouldn't pay attention when you had the chance. That day is fast approaching.
        Last edited by Turion; 01-13-2019, 05:52 AM.
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
        —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• First New Year post

My first post of new year.

Sorry to hear about the meltdown Matt. Sure you'll be back real soon. My son-in-law wanted to switch me over to Linux but decided not to as I'm not the IT type. Plus my relentless calls would have made him crazy. LOL.

My modified Matt motor days are passed as I hope to move on to better days in the shop.

Will see what this year brings.

wantomake

Comment

• I finished winding another motor the other night, haven’t compared running it yet to the before numbers, it does seem to run smoothly. I still have to check rpms and amps and temp.
            I have been building the benitez switching as Peter demonstrated, hoping to have that finished soon, just don't get a lot of time in the shop.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Sawt2; 01-14-2019, 01:51 AM. Reason: Add pictures

Comment

• I do IT. Working for a MIL contractor, I became a "real boy" started using PUIAS(Princeton LINUX - because it was closest to RHEL). I was able to do everything that I use to do in Windows, because I ran Windows 7 VBOX as a sub host. LINUX was just the protected wrapper, I could snapshot the WIN VM so If I felt any intrusion or anomaly I could roll back. The trick is to separate your data, and have network backups, while knowing what had to live where to function. Once you did that, you had a more powerful operating system without the direct access to kernel worries and praying zero day vulnerability would make you toast. ---jmtc

Comment

• Looks good

Originally posted by Sawt2 View Post
                I finished winding another motor the other night, haven’t compared running it yet to the before numbers, it does seem to run smoothly. I still have to check rpms and amps and temp.
                I have been building the benitez switching as Peter demonstrated, hoping to have that finished soon, just don't get a lot of time in the shop.
                Sawt2,
                Nice winding there. Just noticed you used single wire instead of bifilar winding. Don't know what difference it makes. I copied Matt's motor modification to exact as possible to get same results. He helped me very much answering my questions.

Not being negative in any way. Just my two cents of observation. Interesting to see your results.

wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                  Sawt2,
                  Nice winding there. Just noticed you used single wire instead of bifilar winding. Don't know what difference it makes. I copied Matt's motor modification to exact as possible to get same results. He helped me very much answering my questions.

Not being negative in any way. Just my two cents of observation. Interesting to see your results.

wantomake
                  I didn’t realize he did bifilar.

Comment

• Info

I did a little test today on two of my 12 volt batteries. Wired them in series and ran an 80 watt load for 3 hours and 10 minutes until battery voltage dropped to 12.5 volts. Don’t want to go lower than that. I also put the battery analyzer on them when they were fully charged and again when I was done.

Gonna run the same 80 watt load using the principles we have been sharing and see how long it lasts. Will run the battery analyzer tests on it also. Just for fun. Who knows HOW it will turn out. It all begins with understanding the principles, and THAT begins when you have a working circuit. Which requires a working modified Matt motor. Harp, harp, harp. That’s all I do.
                    Last edited by Turion; 01-15-2019, 05:36 AM.
                    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• lifetime of carbon brushes

Hi Turion,
                      According to your experience, to how many hours do you estimate the life of carbon brushes of the modified motor Mat MY?
                      Personally, I experimented with a ZY1016. When I bought it, I did not know that its collector had 20 poles instead of 16 as on the MY.
                      For good results, I found the solution that consisted in reducing a little the thickness of the carbon brushes, but the two that receive the collapse of the coils are now completely worn, after a hundred hours of operation only.
                      The other two carbon brushes are still good.

cordially
                      m12
                      Last edited by m12; 01-15-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Brushes

M12,
                        Unfortunately, that is a question I cannot answer. I never had a brush problem with the MY1016 when I was using them. But I never ran one that long either. I usually burnt them up. I soon moved to the MY1020 which is a bigger motor. No problem there either.

The My1016 stock or modified could not break the magnetic lock to start my generator and I burnt up lots of them. The MY1020 could start it about three times before it was also toast.

Once I solved the magnetic lock problem I put out enough energy that I didn’t NEED a modified motor and not having to wind them all the time was a great relief!! So I haven’t used a modified motor in quite some time. Just a stock motor with a 555 timer to get me the pulse I need. I can afford to waste energy in my circuits now because of what I get out of the generator.

On a small setup you just CAN’T afford to waste anything.
                        Last edited by Turion; 01-15-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Battery analyzer

This is the battery analyzer I have been using. It is by no means an expensive one.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                            I did a little test today on two of my 12 volt batteries. Wired them in series and ran an 80 watt load for 3 hours and 10 minutes until battery voltage dropped to 12.5 volts. Don’t want to go lower than that.
                            Can you be more specific, please? What is the capacity of each battery?
                            If the load was 3 Amp, and each battery was drained to only 12,5 volt in 3 hours, I think they are at least 200 Amp/hour...
                            Best regards,
                            Teodor

Comment

• Batteries

These are the little lawn and garden batteries I am using for this experimenting. Generally I use them when testing a circuit so I don’t RUIN my good batteries. I have 10 of them, 2 that are Alum, and ten 6 volt deep cycle golf cart batteries.

When I get done running several charge and recharge cycles to get solid baseline data I can post all the info on the batteries and what my little Harbor Freight analyzer had to say about them. Matt has a tiny bit better battery analyzer that I’m pretty sure cost him about $3,000.00. So when he says he has analyzed a battery and knows what is going on with it, I would listen to him. (I actually thought it cost more than that, but he told me today it was $3,000.00)

I’m just testing to see how long I can run the 80 watts directly off two batteries. Then I can compare to running it on a circuit. Not sharing those results here though. We’ve given away as much as we’re prepared to and only a few are building or experimenting anyway. I will just pop in to encourage people to build the circuits we have ALREADY shown with the correct parts. They prove this is for real. Then you are on your own to experiment and take it to the next level. We just want you to know it works and there REALLY IS a “next level.”
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Turion; 01-16-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                                These are the little lawn and garden batteries I am using for this experimenting... We just want you to know it works and there REALLY IS a “next level.”
                                Thank you for your reply. I've finished my first test, discharging normally my batt down to 10,5 volt, and the results are:
                                - run time 26 hours 36 min, at 0,8 Amp load (one led bulb) and 14 hours 33 min, at 1,42 Amp load (two led bulbs)
                                I consider irrelevant, however, my first results. The test with one led lamp was wayyyy to long, so i tried to add a second light, to see what happens.
                                I am now discharging again my battery, but this time at 2,07 Amp, to fit C20 rate, and this time I will go down to only 11 volts. Because in this test I am using 3 led bulbs as my main light in dining room, during the night, it will take some time to complete the test. So far are 11 hours already gone, and I think it will last only 14-15 hours.
                                So my hope is that 3BGS would last for more than 30 hours, in inverter configuration with 2 batteries fully charged, and the third discharged to 11 volts.
                                I will repeat later test with modified motor, but the noise is a big problem in my small place, I don't think my wife and kids will be happy... I have to find a way to cancel or to attenuate the noise...

L.E. OK, so here are the results of second test:
                                40 Amp Deep Cycle Battery, discharged normally at 2,07 Amp/h down to 11,00 volt - RUN TIME: 18 Hours, 39 MIN, REST TIME: 32 Hours, 19 min Battery was used for lighting one room during night, with 3 led bulbs hooked to an inverter, so this is why it takes 4 days. In attachment, you have all the data.
                                It is time to start tests in 3BGS configuration + inverter, with 2 Batteries fully charged, and this depleted batt. I hope in this configuration it would last for more than 36 hours...
                                I'll be back with more results.

Best regards,
                                Teodor
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by axxelxavier; 01-19-2019, 10:16 PM. Reason: Adding Data

Comment

Working...
                                X