This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans

Not selling plans. I either sell the generator to someone who wants to go into the business of manufacturing generators, or I give the plans away on the forum to the twenty folks who build the basic setup and get it running and speeding up under load. Whichever happens first. I'm sure once those twenty guys get the plans they will be sharing them all over the place so everyone will have access to it at that point. But they deserve first shot if they have built a working system.

But magnets for the generator are about $140
    Wire is about $900
    Then there is plastic for the rotor and bearing, and shaft. Somewhere between $1,500-2,000 to build the thing.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• With a standard motor your looking at about 2 uh per coil. With the modified motor you have close to 7uh per coil.

The simulator works but it does not calculate anything. The only reason it pops the infinite matrix is because of the 2, 12 volt Power Supply back to back. If you replace that with 1, 24 volt and edit the lamp the lamp lights up but the measurements are worthless. Falstad has always done this. The arrangement has no impedance as you would have in a battery.
      You can add resistance but that does not curve the way a battery would, and adding a negative resistor is just tricking the math into a gain.

Even running you have just modeled a hot to hot short, without any variables from reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Wire is about $900
        Then there is plastic for the rotor and bearing, and shaft. Somewhere between $1,500-2,000 to build the thing.
        It should be possible to save on the $900. The enamelled wire in microwave oven transformers is handsome stuff, and they can be collected on street corners or recycling centres. I'll report back tomorrow with the diameters and weight of the two windings to see if you reckon they might pass muster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
          Not selling plans. I either sell the generator to someone who wants to go into the business of manufacturing generators, or I give the plans away on the forum to the twenty folks who build the basic setup and get it running and speeding up under load. Whichever happens first. I'm sure once those twenty guys get the plans they will be sharing them all over the place so everyone will have access to it at that point. But they deserve first shot if they have built a working system.

Wire is about $900

deleted
          Ron
          Last edited by i_ron; 07-08-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Solid State System

Knowing there is a solid state system possible and BUILDING a solid state system that works are two very different things. Benitez gave us patents for a “Tesla Switch” that really DOES work. How many people have working Benitez systems?

We have a bunch of people who “supposedly” already built modified Matt motors. We have spent a lot of time telling folks how to build coils that speed up under load. So if they have built a couple of those coils and stick a SIMPLE rotor on their Matt motor, they will have everything they need to earn the right to free plans for the generator. When they see HOW it works and WHY it works from the plans, they can do whatever they want. It will take them about five minutes to demonstrate to themselves that what I am telling them is real. THEN they decide whether to spend the money or not. Then they can build it or NOT. I’m not forcing anyone to do anything. I am trying to get them to build the basic system which has ALL the parts to teach them everything we have learned.

They could take the money and invest in boost modules and motors and buck modules and inverters and toroids and all kinds of stuff. But whether or not they could put it together and get anything useful is another question. You can buy as much of that off the shelf stuff as you want and hook it up as many different ways as you can think of, and you aren’t going to get the power out of it to run your car or your house. It will have a COP>1, but not MUCH greater.

But the basic setup will teach you the principles you need to know to take the next step.

Edit: I forgot to mention about video or schematics. I know Matt blew up about $100 worth of parts trying to make that video and don’t know when he will be able to replace them or even if he will. Those parts aren’t needed for what we are doing and were stuff we bought when Matt was just getting things all figured out. He was just using them in a proof of concept demo model for YOU guys. So he may not want to spend $100 on parts he doesn’t need just to make a movie. Up to him. I wouldn’t
            Last edited by Turion; 07-06-2018, 12:51 AM.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Hi!
              I raise my hand. I could afford the time for it as I am unemployed and the money for a smaller version as David suggested. I have ordered and got already many spools, of the size around what Matt suggested few posts back, but I don't know exactly what magnets to order for a smaller version. I already have bought from ebay several larger boost converters of 600watts as well as the small ones that were suggested and back converters of about 400watts. A psu that I smoked very soon. I have a friend he will fix it. I also have another power supply made in Greece that holds like a train and does not fail with my mistakes, but it is of smaller power.
              I still have problem with my hand but i use it now. Not strong enough though yet to rewind the motor as gen as Matt suggested.
              Last edited by liber63; 07-06-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Count me as well

Hi All,

I am also still in. Just have a busy period in work and didn't have really time to build anything. I am interested in small version as well, because could not afford for big one right now.
                I know Dave doesn't like when people build from any scrap is on the hand, but maybe smaller version will forgive not best quality materials.

I have modified motor to Matt's specs so far and prepared OSB boards for generator's side walls.

We just need 18 guys more

Lukasz

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask. This 8" rotor should be the outer rotor size or magnets centre?
                Last edited by kryszal05; 07-06-2018, 10:47 AM. Reason: additional qiestion

Comment

• Guys,
                  I don’t care what you build this out of. It can be aluminum foil and duct tape I have built many things EXACTLY like that over the years. You can also use whatever kind of wire and size of wire you happen to have. We ALL can only do what we have the resources to do. All I’m saying is DON’T blame me if it doesn’t work!! If you build it to specs it WILL. If you build it from whatever you have it may NOT and I hate to see people get discouraged and blame their failure on the system. If you get two coils to speed up under load, I’ll share the generator with you. Without THAT much working, you have no NEED for the rest because it won’t do you any good anyway. And it needs to be run by a Matt motor on the 3 Battery setup with a boost module. You will need the boost module to get the motor speed up to where the coils will speed up under load. Remember, EVERY coil will speed up under load at the right rpm. So whatever you put together will work at SOME voltage output from the boost module, but that voltage might be so high you have to buck it back down before it hits the battery. I have run that motor on as high as 48 volts for long periods, and up to 72 volts short term. Matt may know more about that than I do. It’s HIS motor design after all. Once you have the rpm for speed up under load, the last barrier is the attraction of the rotor magnets to the iron cores. There are 3 things you can do to neutralize that as much as possible. The first is an even number of rotor magnets and an odd number of coils, so only one on each side of the rotor is aligned at the same time. With only two coils, you can’t take advantage of that. The second thing is ferrite cores rather than iron. That will help a BUNCH, but don’t worry about that for now. Get it speeding up under load and worry about that some other time. The last thing will make more difference than both the other two combined. You will have basically a free wheeling rotor that just puts out POWER. All the strain on the motor goes away. The amp draw drops through the floor, the speed up under load takes off and you see what is possible.

Yes, this is a mechanical system rather than solid state. But we learned how to make a solid state system work from watching working mechanical systems run, not from staring at a bunch of solid state parts sitting on the bench. Get it working and producing power and then work to reduce input and improve output. Start thinking about what the outputs of the system ARE and how they happen. It may be a long time before Matt shares the solid state stuff. We’ve shared almost everything else and still this thread is almost DEAD. And with the addition of the generator there IS enough info that you could build a system that could run a house. Some of the generator output can keep the batteries topped off and the rest is all yours. You are limited only by $$ to the size of machine and amount of output.

Rotor size doesn’t really matter, as long as you can get a couple of good sized magnets on it. Two 2” by 1/4 Neos would be enough to show you what is possible. The more magnets on the rotor, the more output from the generator coils. But if you SEE how much you get from TWO magnets can you figure it how much you can get from four or six or twenty? Yes, it costs you in amps to turn a bigger rotor with the weight of more magnets, but this is a teaching machine. Learn from it

I don’t think there are going to be 20 people in the whole freaking world who build this with a rebuilt Matt motor and get it working with two coils that speed up under load. That’s a really SAD state of affairs that we don’t have at least 20 builders out there. I’d like to see 20, but let’s see how CKOSE to twenty we can get. I want you guys to have this, but you also need to realize this is patentable and probably worth millions of dollars, so it’s REALLY hard to give it away without some commitment on YOUR part.

The first thing that’s going to happen is a pile of people are going to jump all over this and say it DOESN’T WORK. Which is why I wanted 20 people able to say “I built it and if DOES work.” You don’t need to spend $2,000 to see that. You just need the basic setup and then you need to SEE how you would change it to solve the existing problems. Then you can build the big machine or NOT, but you will know WHY it works and HOW it works without even having to build it. Matt and I are tired of fighting this battle alone. We need an army.
                  Last edited by Turion; 07-06-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Deleted that post

I deleted that post.

Comment

• Thanks Dave. I think we have a lot lot info to experiment already! You have said all there is to say. And repeat it many times as well. The rest should be on us to find out.

Comment

• Thick skin

About the only time I come unglued is when people say this stuff doesn’t work. Most of the time they haven’t even built it. They just KNOW it doesn’t work.

Comment

• Deleted this post.
                          Last edited by Matthew Jones; 07-07-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Remember Shaw said

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

I don't have to hope you guys wont abandon this effort. This is why:

This isn't about Matt or Dave trying to be king at show and tell. You both have a sincere desire to help the world, enough so, that you almost want to give it away but because you are flesh and have to stare at eyes that rely on you, you have to hold on longer. However I know you have faith too, in one of these gentlemen seeing through the hurricane of misdirection that is the encounters of people who have lost hope, and those who want to make people feel that way.

I have low expectations, so no matter what result I get, I'll learn something. I just want a light bulb that stays lit without having to charge the batteries externally. It will help me in hurricane season in Florida.
                            Last edited by ilandtan; 07-07-2018, 01:27 AM. Reason: better wording

Comment

• Just for teasing; I’m pretty sure solid state will come from bucking...

Keep up your good works guys!

Comment

• post deleted
                                Last edited by i_ron; 07-08-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X