X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
    Monoprice MINI
    https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_...seq=1&format=2

My extruder stopped working after about 6 prints and I replaced in with this.

https://www.amazon.com/Anycubic-Extr...metal+extruder

But short of that this thing just prints its a$$ off. I use PETG for filament but if your just getting started use PLA. Cura is the slicer you use with this and there are plenty of You Tubes on how to set it up for the mini.

Matt
    Thank you Matt!

I just ordered one and some PLA like you suggested.

-Altrez

Comment

• Altrez,
      Hope you looked at the specs for the size of the print area of that machine! I have one too, and it is not designed for larger parts. It looks pretty bulletproof, but it is NOT a full size 3D printer. It is great for a LOT of things though and will come in handy printing all the small parts I need in rebuilding my '71 FJ55 "Iron Pig".
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Altrez,
        Hope you looked at the specs for the size of the print area of that machine! I have one too, and it is not designed for larger parts. It looks pretty bulletproof, but it is NOT a full size 3D printer. It is great for a LOT of things though and will come in handy printing all the small parts I need in rebuilding my '71 FJ55 "Iron Pig".
        Hey Dave,

Yes I did. I think it will be a good introduction to 3d printing and its a great price. If It works half as well as I think it will I am sure it will be great!

-Altrez

Comment

• 3D printer

I got one of the ones Matt is talking about on his recommendation, but haven’t even fired it up yet. Waiting for the filament to get here. May be here tomorrow.

Be careful to understand the print area of any printer you buy. The one Matt is linking to seems bulletproof, but the print area may be too small for what you want to do with it. I have tons of plastic pieces I need to print in the rebuilding of my ‘71
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Like I said its bullet proof. Especially after you change the extruder, if you even have to. They keep that thing up to date like nothing else.

Myself I do not have a reason for anything bigger. I would just mill the bigger stuff from solid material.
            You always need little spacer and shims and retainers this works great for those things. Printed a Door knob part a couple of weeks back.

Good cad software is everywhere now days, Fusion 360 ands E machine shop, and Heeks are the3 I use the most, mostly fusion 360.

Beats Duck tape and bubble gum for sure.

Matt

Comment

• Subject matter

Sorry can't comment on the subject at hand.

It's good so many innovative ideas being tested for this 3BGS setup. I want to add to this collective to finish this build. Thanks guys for all you are doing.

I'm still at it just very very slow.

wantomake

Comment

• My1016 motor

Been trying different things with the my1016 modified Matt motor. With 100° days here in South Carolina my shop times are limited.

It's for learning purposes only. Shorting the coils, collecting coil spikes, just curious ideas. Using work bench power supply it's much easier to test un-necessary ideas for curiosity sake.

Yes still nuking the coffee,
                wantomake

Comment

• Thoughts

Wantomake,
                  Please don't feel obligated to keep this thread on life support. Both Matt and I are perfectly content to let it pass on to the great beyond. Those that want to hang out and let others do the work so they can see if someone else is successful before they stick their toe in the water don't deserve the help. Those that build for themselves have enough info to build a basic setup and see for themselves if this is for real or not. And I am pretty good about responding to people through email or PM if they have specific questions I am willing to answer.

Comment

• To the great beyond

Ok. To the great bone yard of threads it goes. I'll be having coffee by myself with my thoughts unspoken.......

What a pity

Comment

• Clarification

I’m not telling you to stop. I’m just saying don’t feel obligated to keep this going. If it strikes your fancy, go for it. You seem to be the only one posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                        I’m not telling you to stop. I’m just saying don’t feel obligated to keep this going. If it strikes your fancy, go for it. You seem to be the only one posting.
                        But not the only one reading.

Ron

Comment

• I love reading your posts too with my milo not coffee

Comment

• I understand

I get it. There are readers and there are those that post. I've never felt alone or left out. I have no desires or need of posting here.

Why do I post on this thread where nobody seems to hear or care. Maybe I feel that one day Dave and Matthew will accomplish goals they set. Then we can help the two or three here that will build and produce Free Energy for a desolate village, a desperate family, or a grandfather showing the grandchildren his replication and saw their eyes and minds light up!!!!

What is the purpose of these threads? My purpose is to help, encourage, open closed minds, and be an example. What I would give for an engineering degree. A phd in science. I'd never stop typing. All I can offer is courage and support of what is on my cheap self built work bench.

I'll never stop. I believe in this 3BGS system.
                            Time to kiss the wife and warm my heart, then nuke the ole coffee,
                            wantomake

Comment

• Great member has gone on to Heaven

Got a email today that Clarence from the Barbosa &Leal thread passed away June 5th.

He was a mentor and good coffee sippin friend to me.

You will be greatly missed my ole friend.....

wantomake

Comment

• Clarence R.I.P

Too bad. Regrets.

bi

Comment

Working...
                                X