X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping????

Originally posted by axxelxavier View Post
    @wantomake,
    Thank you for your reply, I hope you fell better.
    My big generator was already made for another project, and I thought to give it a try also on 3BGS. I don`t have now enough founds to build a different one...
    I want to make some tests, first, with the MY 1016 motor, but so far I`m out of luck with my supplier. From where did you bought your MY1016?
    I`m looking for an alternative to buy this motor, with free shipping to Europe (Romania).
    All I can found is from US - the price is good, but the shipping cost are very high.
    Best regards,
    Teo
    Good morning from USA Teo,
    This is one of many listings from eBay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/24-VOLT-24V...8AAOSwRgJXh-eE

No idea if they do ship to Romania? Also saw some listing to sell from UK. That may be good shipping company?

Sorry I can't be more helpful. By the way I did get better so thanks.

Coffee taste better when taste buds work,
    wantomake

Comment

• @wantomake,
      I`m glad you feel better. How about this one (ZY1016)https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0758D533Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1HY7STQS43CJI&psc=1
      I don`t know if there are some diferences betweend ZY106 and MY106.
      Best regards,
      Teo

Comment

• The ZY is with 20poles the MY is with 16.
        You might change slightly the way you wound it to match the specs of the modified MY. Someone here has done it before with similar results as the MY. Don't remember who.

Comment

• Research

Poured ferrite/epoxy core for the MY1016. Should be ready in a couple days if all goes well. Then it will be time for winding and testing. Fun, fun, fun. Also have a mold for the MY1020. Mark B made the molds, not me. He is the Man with a 3D printer.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Turion; 06-07-2018, 10:49 PM.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
          —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• New idea

That looks very interesting so can't wait to see your results.

All it needs is a commutator pressed onto the shaft and let the fun begin.

wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey
              A bunch of Stupid Bull$hit
              This is why you should not comment Mikey, Your tendency to spew bull$hit does no one any good. You haven't the faintest clue of what your talking about.

This why you are the Downfall to this place always trying to derail good things, put doubt in peoples minds who may come later and read this stuff.

Your the enemy and I wish you would just go away and play in your own threads instead mucking up goods information.

Pray you never meet me.

Comment

• Posting a LOT but no material

I tend to give people the benefit of a doubt here on this forum.

But posting is about showing what you think will/does work for a setup. I can't say what may or may not work. I've not built what Dave and Matthew are presently experimenting with. I say give their idea a chance before giving instructions on "how" to build it. With respect.

I'm not the inventor here, I'm just a replicator, I do enjoy following new ideas. How does anybody know what will work unless chances are taken. Venturing into the unknown/untried is heart stopping for most. Exploring the unknown is life fulfilment. And (cuss word here)it feels so alive and right to force your life beyond comfort zones.

If I ever meet any of you in person, beware. I've 40 years of adventure, challenging the unknown, breaking fears that bound, and over came my ignorance of life. Stories that may bore you to tears or challenge your self made jail cell.

Not sorry for this long post,
                wantomake
                Edit: Sorry for the strange title, coffee not kicked in yet.....
                Last edited by wantomake; 06-08-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Happy to help

Hi Dave, Matt, BobFrench, wantomake etc... I don't post much these days but I'm always happy to help with any 3D printing or CNC routing that needs to be done. Those molds look pretty good filled up! Maybe some day I will make my own to replace the MY-1020 on my e-bike project. Keep up the good work my friend.

Mark B.

Comment

• Nice workmanship

Originally posted by automan View Post
                    Hi Dave, Matt, BobFrench, wantomake etc... I don't post much these days but I'm always happy to help with any 3D printing or CNC routing that needs to be done. Those molds look pretty good filled up! Maybe some day I will make my own to replace the MY-1020 on my e-bike project. Keep up the good work my friend.

Mark B.
                    Thanks for being part of this great build.

E-bike sounds like the dream I had in earlier days. CNC routing? Is that good looking upright Dave has your creation? If that was on my bench then my wife would move me into the shop cause I'd be talking sweet to it all day long.

If your answer is yes, then pm me when or if you want. But if I'm out of order here then please forgive my over enthusiasm.

wantomake

Comment

• Back to Basics

Understand the principles of the 3 Battery system. That is the answer. It is the wall.

Running a motor turning a generator was just to PROVE to people that a COP>1 System could EASILY be built with this. That basic system with a Matt motor turning almost ANY motor and rotating the batteries, ALL things that have been shown how to do on this forum, has COP>1.

But you shouldn’t let the motor and generator DISTRACT you from where the REAL gains can be made.
                      Last edited by Turion; 06-10-2018, 07:27 PM.
                      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Which is more fun

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                        Understand the principles of the 3 Battery system. That is the answer. It is the wall.

Running a motor turning a generator was just to PROVE to people that a COP>1 System could EASILY be built with this. That basic system with a Matt motor turning almost ANY motor and rotating the batteries, ALL things that have been shown how to do on this forum, has COP>1.

But you shouldn’t let the motor and generator DISTRACT you from where the REAL gains can be made.
                        Yes fun. Sometimes it's better to get a little fun out of a system than just replicating. There's a certain amount of pressure we often place on ourselves. Then as failure happens, and it will, we tend to lose interest. But if I'm enjoying the project my heart looks toward finishing.

The 3 Battery Generating System has proven to me it works as reported. With my hands and eyes I know. That proving moment, that teaching moment, that WOW moment all slapped me in the face.

The recipe is posted here. Follow the master chief. The only rule: build exactly the basic 3BGS.

All say it together, time to nuke the coffee.
                        wantomake

Comment

• Molded rotor for the MY1016 try #1 was an OUTSTANDING failure. Even though I spent a ton of time waxing the mold with release agent, buffing it, rewaxing it, etc., I could not get the mold to release the ferrite. I beat on it with a ten pound sledge and it still would NOT come out. The GOOD news is, the ferrite core did not chip or break even though I beat it to death. AND, Matt had already come up with a BETTER plan. A form made of thin walled plastic on the 3D printer that you simply fill with ferrite and LEAVE in place. Wind the wire around the whole thing, and away you go. He already has the design drawn up and has printed a couple experimental runs, changing the extruder size to make the walls thinner. I couldn’t stand it, so I bought the same 3D printer Matt has, and once he sends me the program I will be able to print some too.

I also wanted to print some custom coil forms for the generator. Round on one end, so they will slide into the hole, but square on the other end so that once they slide in, the square end fits into a square opening so the coil can’t turn. For those of you who haven’t built a generator with lots of powerful magnets on the rotor going by coils, the coils want to rotate and it will actually pull wires loose.

Give me a few days and we will update you on the MY1016 rebuild progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                            Molded rotor for the MY1016 try #1 was an OUTSTANDING failure. Even though I spent a ton of time waxing the mold with release agent, buffing it, rewaxing it, etc., I could not get the mold to release the ferrite. I beat on it with a ten pound sledge and it still would NOT come out. The GOOD news is, the ferrite core did not chip or break even though I beat it to death. AND, Matt had already come up with a BETTER plan. A form made of thin walled plastic on the 3D printer that you simply fill with ferrite and LEAVE in place. Wind the wire around the whole thing, and away you go. He already has the design drawn up and has printed a couple experimental runs, changing the extruder size to make the walls thinner. I couldn’t stand it, so I bought the same 3D printer Matt has, and once he sends me the program I will be able to print some too.

I also wanted to print some custom coil forms for the generator. Round on one end, so they will slide into the hole, but square on the other end so that once they slide in, the square end fits into a square opening so the coil can’t turn. For those of you who haven’t built a generator with lots of powerful magnets on the rotor going by coils, the coils want to rotate and it will actually pull wires loose.

Give me a few days and we will update you on the MY1016 rebuild progress.
                            Hello Dave,

Can you recommend a good 3d printer? I am in the market for one!

Thanks!

-Altrez

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                              Molded rotor for the MY1016 try #1 was an OUTSTANDING failure.
                              Thanks for the data on mold difficulties

.................................................. ...............................

This post has been moved read here
                              http://www.energeticforum.com/311201-post707.html
                              Last edited by BroMikey; 06-16-2018, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by altrez View Post
                                Hello Dave,

Can you recommend a good 3d printer? I am in the market for one!

Thanks!

-Altrez
                                Monoprice MINI
                                https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_...seq=1&format=2

My extruder stopped working after about 6 prints and I replaced in with this.

https://www.amazon.com/Anycubic-Extr...metal+extruder

But short of that this thing just prints its a$$ off. I use PETG for filament but if your just getting started use PLA. Cura is the slicer you use with this and there are plenty of You Tubes on how to set it up for the mini.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X