X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wantomake
    replied
    A little more progress

Got a little more work done on the generator today. Even with all the rain and stormy weather. Hope these are clear enough and helpful to anyone that may be trying to build this Turion style generator. The PVC pipe works good for the spacers on the dowels. I did a couple test runs with the smaller MY1016 motor. There is some off balance with the rotor. Not sure why. Maybe the 1/16" plexiglas in the middle of the two circular rotors is out of alignment some.

More brass screws will be used in the top later on. I've used brass screws in the rotor area.

I've built this unit in my shop with basic shop tools. The rotor and magnets were donated by a member.
    wantomake
    30232690_1890691590961670_650689090_o.jpg30546893_1890690937628402_1332309020_o.jpg30825541_1890691257628370_814448383_o.jpg

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Forward then

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    I used the cheapest one Lowe’s sells and all my coils work under load to speed the motor up. There is enough margin of error to cover you. Take a look at the chart to see how many ohms the correct length of wire should have and then measure the strands on your coil. That will keep you in the ball park.

Those of you who build these things are going to see that every single thing we have said is absolutely true if you build it correctly with the correct batteries. One day in the not too distant future we hope to have a whole bunch more stuff to share with you all. How much of what gets shared depends on a bunch of different things, but the basis for everything is this basic three battery circuit and changing your understanding of how electricity works and how YOU should be using it. Everything else is just using it more efficiently. We are in the process of testing some ferrite cores for the razor scooter motor as both motor coils and generator coils. Will let you all know the results. I have yet to build a razor scooter generator that speeds up under load, so putting together the specs for THAT is a big project I want to complete. Of course if somebody out there wants to give that a shot I wouldn’t mind at all.
    I'm not moving very fast on my build but still moving ahead. I may be mounting the motor tomorrow. Got all the pvc spacers on the dowels. Will post more pics also.

I have much to learn here but, will be happy to see all you and Matt are doing. I envision a prototype coming from this upright generator that is like the Muller build but shaped as a electric motor with housing to make a powerful compact unit.

Looking forward to what this can become.
    wantomake

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Response

Lukasz,

No, not litz. 12 strands in parallel. I said to wind the generator coils with 12 strands about 200-250 feet long of #23 for a very simple reason. It gives you MORE options. You are probably going to have to connect at least 4 strands in series to get the speed up under load effect. MAYBE MORE. It depends on the size of your rotor, number of rotor magnets, core material and rpm you are turning the rotor at. I have no way of telling you absolutely that what YOU have will work unless it is exactly the same as what I have.

I can absolutely tell you what works with MY rotor with the number, size, and strength of the magnets I am using and with my core material running at the rpm I am running at. But then you will build something completely different and wonder why it doesn’t work.

That’s the problem with this stuff. The “so called” replicators use whatever crap they have to replicate with, and when it doesn’t work they look every place but the mirror for someone to blame. Sorry, I am ranting. I know you are trying and are just after a little help, and I WANT you to be successful, so will answer any questions I can. Don’t mean to lump a guy who is trying to build with guys who “claim” to have replicated our stuff.
    :-)
    Last edited by Turion; 04-15-2018, 12:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Measuring wheel

I used the cheapest one Lowe’s sells and all my coils work under load to speed the motor up. There is enough margin of error to cover you. Take a look at the chart to see how many ohms the correct length of wire should have and then measure the strands on your coil. That will keep you in the ball park.

Those of you who build these things are going to see that every single thing we have said is absolutely true if you build it correctly with the correct batteries. One day in the not too distant future we hope to have a whole bunch more stuff to share with you all. How much of what gets shared depends on a bunch of different things, but the basis for everything is this basic three battery circuit and changing your understanding of how electricity works and how YOU should be using it. Everything else is just using it more efficiently. We are in the process of testing some ferrite cores for the razor scooter motor as both motor coils and generator coils. Will let you all know the results. I have yet to build a razor scooter generator that speeds up under load, so putting together the specs for THAT is a big project I want to complete. Of course if somebody out there wants to give that a shot I wouldn’t mind at all.

Leave a comment:

• kryszal05
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    If you can spin your rotor by hand to get things going, the MY1016 razor scooter motor will work for you. If you have so many magnets and coils that YOU can’t turn the rotor by hand, don’t expect your motor to do it without drawing so many amps it burns up.

On my big machine my motor (MY1020) was pulling over 100 amps at start up and still could barely break the magnetic lock. The motor, designed to max at 27 amps was pulling more like 35 during run conditions. So I had to come up with solutions.
    Hi Turion,

Thank you for the info.

I have just read old posts in Basic Free Energy Device thread and you mentioned over there that you wound colis with 12 strands. Is this litz wire setup? Is it possible to use some of these wires to connect them in series to speed up under load or wires should be wound as bifilar to achive this?

Thanks
    Lukasz

Leave a comment:

• citfta
    replied
    Originally posted by wrtner View Post
    The trouble with measuring wheels is that they come in a VERY wide range of prices. how crucial is hte result? Will a cheap one do?
    Since my primary concern is to make all my coils with the same length of wire I am not really too concerned if the measurement is not exact. As far as I can tell my coils do come out with a consistent amount of wire on each of them.

Leave a comment:

• wrtner
    replied
    Originally posted by citfta View Post
    Go to Harbor Freight and get one of those wheels that you roll along the ground to measure distance.
    The trouble with measuring wheels is that they come in a VERY wide range of prices. how crucial is hte result? Will a cheap one do?

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Have a safe trip.

Will be finishing the big machine build by next week maybe. I have many variables to get right and working together.
    Correct coil size/winding.
    Coil core material.
    Rpm of rotor.
    Any mechanical issues.

I'm sure these variables can be adjusted and understood more as I run and test this idea. The goal of anybody trying to see overunity in this lifetime must be driven by a desire, a deep hunger to be free. Greed, fame, selfishness, human faults that block creativity doesn't bring freedom.

Right now I'm following a blueprint to build. But soon must think on my own to get all these variables working together. But there are those here to help out if needed and that encourages me to finish.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Trip

I will be in San Juan, Puerto Rico around noon tomorrow and staying for a week. Anybody from that corner of the world that wants to meet up, give me a shout. Doing the tourist thing with my two boys and a few friends.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Info

If you can spin your rotor by hand to get things going, the MY1016 razor scooter motor will work for you. If you have so many magnets and coils that YOU can’t turn the rotor by hand, don’t expect your motor to do it without drawing so many amps it burns up.

On my big machine my motor (MY1020) was pulling over 100 amps at start up and still could barely break the magnetic lock. The motor, designed to max at 27 amps was pulling more like 35 during run conditions. So I had to come up with solutions.

Leave a comment:

• kryszal05
    replied
    Sppol size

Originally posted by wantomake View Post

My spools are 3 1/4" long and 3" in diameter with a 3/4" core. I plan to wind 12 parallel series connected 23 awg magnetic wire. The length is not yet determined. I'll check with Turion on the length.

wantomake
    Hi wantomake,

Thank you for spool size. I use metric units, so my wire is a little bit smaller (0.55mm, wikipedia says that 23 AWG wire is 0.57). What about magnets? I have 12 neo magnets, N42 20mm in diameter if I remember correctly.

I also rewound razor motor with Matt's suggestions in his vidoes, but you and Turion mentioned earlier that this motor could be to small for this size generator. Maybe later I will try to buy something bigger for prime mover. In few days I will be back home (I am on holiday right now) and I will try to start my construction. I hope to share my results here

Thanks to Matt and Turion for this great project and to you, wantomake, for inspiration and sharing your fantastic work.

Greetings,
    Lukasz

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Video

Thanks Matthew,
    Good video and idea there.

Always appreciate the thoughts and help.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    https://youtu.be/LeTD5hGprsw

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Good wisdom

Originally posted by citfta View Post
    Hi wantomake,

The easiest way to measure your wire is the method Dave (Turion) showed me. Go to Harbor Freight and get one of those wheels that you roll along the ground to measure distance. Take the handle off and mount the wheel and measuring counter on a suitable fixture. Make some guides for guiding the wire on to and off of the wheel. I used some small plastic tubing about 1/4" on the outside. This will give you enough room on the inside of the tubing for several strands of wire to go through all at the same time. With the wire or wires wrapped around the wheel you can then measure in feet the amount of wire you put on your coil.

Good luck on your build.

Carroll
    Thanks so much,
    Good teaching and wisdom is very valuable to me.

Will head to the Harbor Freight tomorrow cause I know what you’re talking about. Trying to build the generator and get parts for winding machine at same time. I did ask Temco magnet wire company if they would customize wind a spool of wire. Of course they said no.

But I will get more done if done by hand. DIY is my middle name.
    wantomake
    Last edited by wantomake; 04-10-2018, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• citfta
    replied
    Hi wantomake,

The easiest way to measure your wire is the method Dave (Turion) showed me. Go to Harbor Freight and get one of those wheels that you roll along the ground to measure distance. Take the handle off and mount the wheel and measuring counter on a suitable fixture. Make some guides for guiding the wire on to and off of the wheel. I used some small plastic tubing about 1/4" on the outside. This will give you enough room on the inside of the tubing for several strands of wire to go through all at the same time. With the wire or wires wrapped around the wheel you can then measure in feet the amount of wire you put on your coil.

Good luck on your build.

Carroll

Leave a comment:

Working...
X