X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ron48
    replied
    Hi matt and dave am not a builder but have great respect for you both. Thought you would like to know tinman just put a video on YouTube about a so called replication of your motor. Thank you both for what you have shared. If looking tinmanpower.
    Last edited by ron48; 07-31-2018, 06:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    I don't know exactly what would limit it, it just goes so fast thats it. The motor will go faster if you feed it a higher voltage, but the brushes will burn up unless you use 36 or 48 volt brush set from MY1020 brush set. I have 1016 that takes 36 volt.
    The generators typically only go as fast as the motor until you start pulling current. Then the whole system speed up. This happens until the current is peaked and the voltage start to drop. Few times I have had them running I can't say I tried to go past that.
    Now initially you have to short the coils to find how much they accelerate. So under dead short it speeds up to the maximum.
    You can look up Thane Heinz work and see he runs coils that 100' of ohms of resistance on the windings and near doubles the speed of the mover.

I don't use his model per say I look at Bill Muller. His dynamo accelerated under load and there is really good movie although a copy of an old movie. He puts the coil to rotor and 300 watts show up but the machine does not slow down. His core material was not iron and because of that he had the opportunity to use lower ohms in his windings which allows for significant current to be produced, with moderate voltage.

The coils going on this generator will mostly produce voltage, but they will give a starting point. Doesn't take much current to stack up.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• soundiceuk
    replied
    The motor or the generator.

I just wondered what limited the speed.

So is this a two phase generator?

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
    Is the bearing the RPM limiting factor?
    For what the Generator?

Leave a comment:

• soundiceuk
    replied
    Is the bearing the RPM limiting factor?

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Info

liber63,
    My generator is based on the ORIGINAL two coil generator Matt built. What he is building right now very closely resembles the original. He still has a video of THAT machine running with the volts and amps in and out shown on the video. It is what got me all excited and started me working on the big generator. That was the original "proof" that this would work. It sped up under load as well.

Yes, what Matt is building is MUCH simpler than my generator. What you will discover is that you can build a two coil generator that will run EXTREMELY WELL with the MY1016 rewound like Matt showed and PROVE a COP>1. But if you want a BIGGER machine with MORE COILS that really generates POWER, the amp draw of the motor turning rotor magnets past all those iron cores will start to be too much for the little motor without SOME kind of special modification of either the circuit to run the thing or the physical machine. You MUST eliminate that magnetic cogging somehow, ESPECIALLY on start up, and there is more than ONE way to skin that cat. I know of three.

Matt designed a circuit for me to run my machine as a MOTOR until I got it up to speed. It had a big flywheel on it. Once it was up to speed, the magnetic cogging still existed, but it wasn't so bad, and the flywheel effect helped with a lot of it. Then I flipped a couple switches and suddenly it was a generator. The razor scooter motor was electrically disconnected during the phase when the generator was a motor. That's the SECOND way of dealing with the magnetic cogging. My generator video shows the first. There is also a third method that is electronic, but more complicated.

What Matt is building will demonstrate that everything we have said is true. And it will show a COP>1. If you want that "1" to be much higher, you are on your own. I've shown a generator that will get you there. I've just talked about a SECOND way to get a generator that will work to get you there, although I didn't show the circuit. Basically you run the generator like a Bedini energizer until you are up to speed, and THAT circuit is all over the place. You have all the info you need to make working systems that put out 2,000 watts. What hasn't been given is "proof" to satisfy the whiners. And Matt is about to provide that.

Like I said, what will be the excuse then?

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Information Super Highway??????

liber63,
    My generator is based on the ORIGINAL two coil generator Matt built. What he is building right now very closely resembles the original. He still has a video of THAT machine running with the volts and amps in and out shown on the video. It is what got me all excited and started me working on the big generator. That was the original "proof" that this would work. It sped up under load as well.

Yes, what Matt is building is MUCH simpler than my generator. What you will discover is that you can build a two coil generator that will run EXTREMELY WELL with the MY1016 rewound like Matt showed and PROVE a COP>1. But if you want a BIGGER machine with MORE COILS that really generates POWER, the amp draw of the motor turning rotor magnets past all those iron cores will start to be too much for the little motor without SOME kind of special modification of either the circuit to run the thing or the physical machine. You MUST eliminate that magnetic cogging somehow, ESPECIALLY on start up, and there is more than ONE way to skin that cat. I know of three.

Matt designed a circuit for me to run my machine as a MOTOR until I got it up to speed. It had a big flywheel on it. Once it was up to speed, the magnetic cogging still existed, but it wasn't so bad, and the flywheel effect helped with a lot of it. Then I flipped a couple switches and suddenly it was a generator. The razor scooter motor was electrically disconnected during the phase when the generator was a motor. That's the SECOND way of dealing with the magnetic cogging. My generator video shows the first. There is also a third method that is electronic, but more complicated.

What Matt is building will demonstrate that everything we have said is true. And it will show a COP>1. If you want that "1" to be much higher, you are on your own. I've shown a generator that will get you there. I've just talked about a SECOND way to get a generator that will work to get you there, although I didn't show the circuit. Basically you run the generator like a Bedini energizer until you are up to speed, and THAT circuit is all over the place. You have all the info you need to make working systems that put out 2,000 watts. What hasn't been given is "proof" to satisfy the whiners. And Matt is about to provide that.

Like I said, what will be the excuse then?

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by liber63 View Post
    Hi Matt
    I don't understand why people don't jump all over around you asking you questions on the last video you posted. I guess they wait until the end of the series or most are away for vacations. Anyway I am going to try the same you do now, as there is not enough space on the MY1016 to wire it as gen. Your version must be a lot easier than Dave's gen. I have 3.14x2.9 spool with 0.59inch core. Do you think it's ok? It's close to your spool. Actually I ve ordered around 30 from ebay and waited like 1 and a half month to arrive here. Also any link for your magnets or similar in Amazon, as ebay takes ages to arrive.

Most people won't even start investing till they see results then they want and expect you to hang around holding there hand so they can run off and take credit for it.

I have already released the most important thing and thats how to tune the coils. The make of the rotor and coils is really unimportant as long as it can hold up. The smaller the rotor the faster the motor has to be.

Safety too. High voltage, High speeds are both ready to knock you down. JUst remember that.

You can probably make those coils work, just go back and find the instructions.

For cheap wire Google "BAE wire Ebay". They are in Florida and also have website. You can call them... they have what you need even if its not in the store. 11lbs spool of 24 awg magnetic wire. Minimum. They charge about $80 plus shipping. YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM..

Matt

Leave a comment:

• thaelin
    replied
    @Liber
    I gave up on trying to get good spools so started making my own. A large hole cutter and thin wall PVC and epoxy it together. Much more rigid. The last group of them would warp and were brittle so very easy to break. Not one has survived to date.

@Matt
    Many thanks for coming back and having another go of it. It's not in vain.

thay

Originally posted by liber63 View Post
    Hi Matt
    I don't understand why people don't jump all over around you asking you questions on the last video you posted. I guess they wait until the end of the series or most are away for vacations. Anyway I am going to try the same you do now, as there is not enough space on the MY1016 to wire it as gen. Your version must be a lot easier than Dave's gen. I have 3.14x2.9 spool with 0.59inch core. Do you think it's ok? It's close to your spool. Actually I ve ordered around 30 from ebay and waited like 1 and a half month to arrive here. Also any link for your magnets or similar in Amazon, as ebay takes ages to arrive.

Leave a comment:

• liber63
    replied
    Hi Matt

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Remington-Ind...ZB9AB1NMN0EG5V

This is 200 Deg C wire. This will hold up better under a work load.

Matt
    Thanks Matt I will order some this week.

-Altrez

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    Originally posted by bistander View Post
    Hi,

It's been years since I've looked. Back then there were numerous tutorials, white papers, etc which were very good. Not so today. This one isn't too bad.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...xVLfcnptIj07JJ

This one is a bit more advanced but looks good. Haven't read it yet. Maybe tonight. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...E6sCoXWgPm-i63

Regards,

bi

Thank you!

-Altrez

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Just a little update, ya'll can see where I am going with this.

https://youtu.be/ghMriKx8tQY

I'll post incrementally as I get little things on it together.

Lots going on this week but I am going to get it up running by next weekend.

Cheers
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    DC motor control links

Originally posted by altrez View Post
    Hello bistander,

Do you have some links you could share on this?

Thanks!!

-Altrez
    Hi,

It's been years since I've looked. Back then there were numerous tutorials, white papers, etc which were very good. Not so today. This one isn't too bad.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...xVLfcnptIj07JJ

This one is a bit more advanced but looks good. Haven't read it yet. Maybe tonight. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...E6sCoXWgPm-i63

Regards,

bi

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    https://www.amazon.com/Remington-Ind...ZB9AB1NMN0EG5V

This is 200 Deg C wire. This will hold up better under a work load.

Matt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X