Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a motor I rewound according to Peter's directions, ( the X pattern) but I did not put in a second set of brushes. With proper switching you can pulse the motor and collect the CEMF and collapse of the coil on the same wires you used to supply power. This is one of the motors I have been considering using with this setup. Just haven't had the time yet. Plus I just remembered I have another DC motor with two sets of brushes, wound the same way because originally I thought you needed two sets of brushes to run that setup. Will have to give that a try.

Dave
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post

Yes, lead acid batteries have the ability to recover somewhat from short heavy load drains but only as much power can be drawn as is seen when the battery is drained at C20. While they might appear fully charged they should in fact not be. If the batteries are in fact keeping their charge, I am baffled

Does anyone agree, disagree or have another explanation?
      http://panacea-bocaf.org/files/TopTen.pdf

Check out the section on the Bedini\ColeTesla Switch.
      The idea has been put forth many times on this forum, that the way a battery charges is always from the active vacuum. No matter if the energy is hot or cold.
      But the radiant\cold energy seems to have special effect on Lead Acid battery's.
      Allowing them to absorb radiant charge much easier as they are conditioned to it.
      There are many mysteries concerning the LAB.
      Mr. Bedini said once that LAB have at least 7 different function within a circuit.
      Impedence both high and low inductance, resistance, and capacitance and could be made to take advantage of all of those qualities.
      And that batteries could also work using combinations of those qualities to enhance their own charging if the circuit was properly setup.
      Mysteries are us! Here on this forum.
      Great listening to you guys think.
      Carry on.
      Stephen
      Potential, is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        I have a motor I rewound according to Peter's directions, ( the X pattern) but I did not put in a second set of brushes. With proper switching you can pulse the motor and collect the CEMF and collapse of the coil on the same wires you used to supply power. This is one of the motors I have been considering using with this setup. Just haven't had the time yet. Plus I just remembered I have another DC motor with two sets of brushes, wound the same way because originally I thought you needed two sets of brushes to run that setup. Will have to give that a try.

Dave
        By x patern do you mean the wave pastern shown here electrics_158.gif (image) This pattern has very powerful interactions with the adjacent coil. If it is 4 pole it looks to be ideal for a lockridge setup, as I see it, provided that the minimum number of coils is three but the more coils the better. This would be a zigzag pattern if there were no loops.

If its two coils just set at 90 degrees that is what I call non interconnecting star wound. This has interesting properties too.

I said "you will most probably find that there is more energy in the combined output of the generator and that going into the charged battery than what is being drained from the source. It should be possible to charge three batteries in parallel this way while depleting two." this is only possible if we are collecting the inductive kickback from a pulse motor of above 70% efficiency and either feeding it to the source or to the charging battery. Sorry for not making this clear, My head gets ahead of my typing

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Brown View Post
          [url]
          There are many mysteries concerning the LAB.

Stephen
          This is very true and a Bedini SSG proves it

Comment

I tried two identical motors this time. They seemed to work in sync, if I put
            load on one the other slowed down to the exact same RPM's. Blew another tail light bulb. This time I tried a 220v stove element as load, it did warm up a bit but very slowly, then a 110v immersion heater from a hot water tank, it warmed a bit also. Then a 1500 watt inverter first with the immersion heater, but kept cutting out so then tried the 40 watt bulb again. Was the same story as the 75 watt inverter - had to have heavy load to run continuously.

The reason I tried the stove element was that I tried it in place of battery 3
            to begin with, thinking that battery 3 is a resistive load but still is allowing current to pass through it. But it just took up the 24v in series and drained the batteries a bit.

Another interesting note was that I thought that I had completely drained
            battery 3 from the last run, but when I checked it, it was back up over 12 volts again. So I drained it again before trying it this time.

George

Comment

Another run

I did another run after only allowing batteries 1 and 2 to rest for about three hours. This time with a larger battery 3 (same battery I had tried before but turns out there was a connection problem that time). Much better results this time. 40 watt light would run longer before cutting out, and run continuously with just a small load on motor. Next I tried hooking up a small 2 amp charger off the inverter and it worked well charging a fourth battery. Next the second motor again and the RPM's increased. All ran nicely with this arrangement. I
              shut it down after about 45 minutes. I hope I will not ruin the good batteries
              going over half an hour and not letting them rest longer.

George

Comment

This could help here

From the Donald Smith thread:

Originally posted by kenssurplus View Post
                Several years ago on the EVGRAY forum there was a person who developed a Tesla Switch using capacitors instead of batteries which operated very well using the principle of capacitative induction, where as long as you could supply a steady potential to one side of the top capacitor, then there would be a usable potential induced in the capacitor dielectric and switched between bottom capacitors. I don't recall all the details very well, but I remember that hardly any input power was required.

Anyone here remember this from EVGRAY?
                This three battery generating system (even in its present form) could work as a viable home power generating system. This would require enough batteries so that you would have multiple three battery setups. Adequate motors to charge generators to charge even more batteries. An automated battery swapper. The weakest part of it would be maintenance and replacement of the number 3 "bad batteries" One would cycle through a
                number of 3 battery setups through a 24 hour period. Combined with solar it could be used during non light hours. In its present form it would still be very expensive to do. Improvements are needed to bring the total cost and size down for this to work. Lets hope we find them.

George

Comment

A friend of mine ran his 12 volt brushed DC motor splitting the NEGATIVES rather than the positives for 10 hours on a battery that was so bad (in the third position) that it held only milivolts (It came from the junk pile). He had no load on the system, but was just running the motor because he had no way to put a load on the motor and so could not balance it with a load on battery three. After resting overnight batteries one and two actually increased in charge. Not by much, but how many people have run a motor for ten hours and had the batteries increase in charge?

That's the good news. The BAD news is that he had two other setups, both using bad batteries in the third position that were at low voltage, and neither of them had successful runs.

I HOPE the message here is that you HAVE to have the right battery in the third position. I can't stress that enough. And just because it is low in charge does not mean it is the right battery. Keep searching. You will get there.

I do want to let you all know that I have disclosed EVERYTHING I know up to the point where I started this thread. YOU have all the information I had when I began this. I also need to say that I am part of a private group that is working on some projects, and what we learn or share within that group I have promised not to disclose. So take what was given here and expand on it. Don't give up. There is much more to be discovered here and to think that this is not worth your time would be a huge mistake. Things that I find out on my own I am posting here as long as they do not result from something shared by someone in that group. I try to keep my promises.

mbrownn
                  Will take a picture of the winds on that rotor. I don't think they are what you are looking for. They are two coils at 90 degrees to each other. I guess I am not familiar with the wave wind and your picture didn't make it any clearer to me. Sorry. Sometimes I am really dense!

erfinder,
                  I have seen that cap discharge test before. The idea being when you use that circuit to dump the voltage from one cap into two caps they both end up with the same voltage as in the original cap. I have never tried it, so don't know if it works. Sure would be nice if it did wouldn't it? A never ending supply of energy from one charged cap, as long as you have more and more caps to connect!

Take care all.
                  Dave
                  Last edited by Turion; 02-26-2012, 01:08 AM.
                  “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

Quick test with non rechargeable dead battery

Hi all, I tried a quick version of the 3 battery setup. I had tried splitting the positive previously with a non brushed fan motor with no results around a year ago(did not wait 15 minutes though). I have 2 sla batteries which have a total of 25 volts as the source. I ran for about 30 seconds with a dead 9 volt alkaline battery in parallel and a small brushed motor from a cigarette machine. the 9 volt is nearly completely charged in this time frame.

I am still searching for viable dead batteries, although i have a bunch, but they appear to mostly have bad cells or are all dried out.

Comment

If you HAVE a bad battery in the third position that won't take a charge, hook a battery to it in parallel that you need to charge and watch how fast that happens. This thing charges batteries very quickly. The motor has serious torque. It can do lots of work, and you can get the primaries to fully recover. As is, it is a fun little setup, but it has tremendous potential.

Comment

Had to wade through a couple days of work, but I am running a 2nd test right now. Using only the LED's and PC fan for a load. It's been running now for a little over 3 hours, and I think the bad battery has nearly stabilized. When I first connected power tonight, the LED's came on immediately, but the fan didn't come on for about 30 seconds.
                        I am charting and graphing my data as I go, and will do so over several tests, to track the progress of battery 3 and the recovery of batteries 1 and 2.
                        I do have one more bad battery, a 12V 33Ah battery. I haven't been able to get it to charge, and I am thinking of trying it in bat3 position. Not sure if it will work, since batteries one and two are only 7.5Ah each, and much smaller than the 33Ah. If it does work, that will be incredible. I might also try hooking it in parallel to battery 3 in my next test cycle, to see if it charges, and how it effects the test.

I have noticed that the LED's will blink off occasionally, and the fan will momentarily slow down at the same time. I haven't been able to find a regular pattern to how often these disturbances are happening, but it is fairly often.

I will keep testing and tracking the data, and report anything I find. When I get my next check, I am thinking of picking up a 12VDC motor to try this with, so I can increase the load on the system without having to add addition components, just put some tension on the motor drive.

Great info coming in so far, and thanks to everyone for sharing your data!
                        this is a pretty fun little experiment to have going, and still be able to work on other things at the same time

N8
                        The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

I want to try a second 3 battery setup and have alternate runs between the two. The last run I did was the best so far. To me it seems that the bad battery
                          that works best is one that will still take a charge but can not retain it for very
                          long. I am also going to try a third motor and maybe even four, also try a different sized motor a long with the one I have been using. Maybe even a PC
                          fan as one of them.

@ Turion, another possibility is running a second motor at the split negatives
                          at the the same time as the split positives is going. Or is this just a stupid
                          idea? Will try it to see what happens anyway.

George

Comment

Originally posted by FRC View Post
                            I want to try a second 3 battery setup and have alternate runs between the two. The last run I did was the best so far. To me it seems that the bad battery
                            that works best is one that will still take a charge but can not retain it for very
                            long. I am also going to try a third motor and maybe even four, also try a different sized motor a long with the one I have been using. Maybe even a PC
                            fan as one of them.

@ Turion, another possibility is running a second motor at the split negatives
                            at the the same time as the split positives is going. Or is this just a stupid
                            idea? Will try it to see what happens anyway.

George
                            I definitely noticed this second run has been much longer than the first before the bad battery stabilized.
                            It is nice to see several people all getting very similar results from different tests, shows we have a lot of wiggle room, and are on the right track!

I think the idea of splitting both positive and negative at the same time is a great idea to try. Why not open both radiant highway lanes at the same time (maybe a bad analogy, but you see what I am getting at, I hope)
                            The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

If you saw my post above, my friend had great results splitting the NEGATIVE, so you can split either, and possibly BOTH at the same time. It MIGHT just mess up how this thing works though, so I would advise getting a working system by splitting either the positive OR the negative, and then making changes. Otherwise you really don't KNOW what you have. I haven't tried splitting both, but that's why we're here; to try things and see what works. The more people that DO try this and get positive results, the better for ALL of us because it will encourage more people to give it a shot. It is so simple and inexpensive to build if you have the batteries and a brushed DC motor.

I appreciate all the efforts by all of you. When I brought this to Overunity.com four or so years ago, NOBODY got any good results. They didn't use lead acid batteries and were in such a rush to see what I had seen that the wanted the whole pie right now and wouldn't do short little test runs to see what was happening. SO no one believed me. I think they all thought I was a fraud.
                              This go round, many of YOU are seeing success, and all of my friends I have shared this with on the forum, who aren't even posting here, are seeing it too. So keep looking and lets figure this out.

Dave
                              Last edited by Turion; 02-26-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Second test run

Hello everyone. I have started retesting the 3 battery setup today. I had a few bad batteries and at first could not get the unit running. After I added new water to one of the batteries and waiting 20 minutes I manually turned the rotor and it is slowly spinning, occasionally now speeding up then almost stopping.
                                If using SLA batteries remember most of the time they go bad because they dry out easily. The battery I am using I added some sea salt to, to see if i could replate the cells and improve the conductivity.

I will post later today when i get time.

-sidenote, even though i could not get the unit running with some bad batteries, I noticed that the voltage on the bad battery sometimes would temporarily get up in voltage

Comment

Working...
                                X