This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me.

Apparently these have been around for a long time but they're ne to me.
    They look to have a lot of good points, really impressive is the number of
    cycles and fast charge ability.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lith...tanate_battery.

Comment

• Impressive.

Wow! I could hardly believe this, could it be true?

1. Extremely Long Lifetime

As discussed above, the advanced nanotechnology consisting of lithium-titanate nanocrystals and their increased surface area are especially designed to enhance the lifetime of these batteries. With an over 30 times larger surface area, this technology is able to recharge substantially faster than its more traditional alternative, the Li-Ion battery. The cycle count of a Lithium Titanate battery is 20,000 in comparison of only 2000 in a regular lithium battery, marking a revolutionary approach to energy storage.

Comment

• Second attempt

Chart

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...1&d=1550331454
        Attached Files

Comment

• Example.

Someone who hasn't got a clue.

https://youtu.be/mzSvCHrKH2U

Comment

• a very cool fellow

Over here post number 98
            http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...charger-4.html

Experimenter and builder Skywatcher is pursuing what seems to be
            a gain mechanism with similar format albeit unique to the claimant .

as always I will remove this post if too off topic

respectfully submitted
            Chet K
            Last edited by RAMSET; 02-17-2019, 03:10 PM.
            If you want to Change the world
            BE that change !!

Comment

• Thank you.

Thank you Chet,
              I’ve been following this topic since about the end of 2008.
              I don’t think there’s been much,if any, progress since then.
              Skywatcher seems to share the idea of pulse changing to the 16v. mark.
              I believe the idea is that,with a series of pulses, the higher voltage can be
              applied without over heating the electrolyte and “boiling “ it off.
              I found that LTO. battery had an anode with crystals that had a surface
              area of around 100 sq.mtr. per gram compared to a normal li-ion which
              had 3 sq.mtr. per gram.
              Domestic storage starts to look feasible when you’re going to get 20+ years
              life from a battery coupled with dramatic increases in the performance of
              solar panels.
              I would very much like it if someone could show me where there’s some
              documented evidence for running LA’s at higher voltages. Even if it did work
              I would imagine it would be impractical because of the time factor.
              John.
              PS. I was trying to think of a word and it’s just come to me. “Empirical “

Comment

• Hello All,

I have did tons of testing this weekend on my battery's and feel like I have got everything very close to being calibrated to spec.

My first test was with 1.5v D-Cell batteries. In the 3 battery setup I did charge a D-Cell battery just fine and tested it before and after with a battery load tester. It worked! The other batteries did drain of course but it worked.This is the tester I used to verify my results:

I could not hold the tester and take a pic at the same time so you will just have to trust me lol.

My test I am currently running is a load test on what will be my battery to charge on the 3bgs setup. I am running a 20 hour C-20 test.

Here is a pic of the DC load tester please notice it is at around 0.250ma

This is because I added an automatic shutoff circuit to kill the test at 10.5 volts and there is around a 100ma draw with that circuit.

Here is the true current from the battery.

Everything is in spec with theses tests. I am also logging the test battery's voltage.

Lots more to come.

-Altrez

Comment

• Talk to Bob French

We know from experience that you want to have voltage higher than the battery to charge it, (a dit over 16 volts is what I set my charging at most of the time, but you can use high voltage at NOT amps or milliamps, but microamps to achieve that charging, as long as you PROPERLY PULSE the batteries.
                  “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                  —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Hello,

My test went well on the 1 battery. It matched everything perfectly. Now I am going to let it rest 24 hours and start the 3 battery test.

-Altrez

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I am very close to my 3 battery test. I have setup my Fluke connect logging, my usb logging and my mooshiemetter logging. Its all been tested 14 different ways.

The 2 battery's are as charged as I can get them and I am only waiting for a few more meters to come in tomorrow to start the test.

One thing that i have found interesting is that I tested the split on the 3bs with my Analyzer and it showed this:

That's basically saying that there is less then 40% battery capacity on the split. However it does show the very heavy resistance with the dead battery 3 in place. It will be interesting to see how long it goes before the 10.5 shut off and whats the final charge on battery 3.

-Altrez
                      Last edited by altrez; 02-21-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Hello,

The pretests are still going on lol. I am testing the logging with the moooshimeter and verifying its readings with other meters to make sure its close.

As you can see it looks to me almost perfect with my clamp meter.

I am also testing for heat and I am finding nothing over loaded but my hot hand print left on the table as you can see from my Flir igm amp clamp.

I am getting close to my first 3 battery test that I have ever fully logged. I have tested the 3 battery system 100's of times but I have never logged every aspect of the test. So this time I am going to try to do just that.

-Altrez

Comment

• Hello All,

I have started my logging test on the 3 battery system.

We will see how it goes. The plan is to run it down to 10.5 volts and let that charged battery rest 24 hours and then test it.

-Altrez

Comment

• Good Morning Everyone,

The test has ended. The voltage on the split hit 10.5 volts around the 9 hour mark. I am still going over the logs but what I can tell so far is this. The battery in the 3rd position continued charging and gaining voltage until the shut off.

The battery Analyzer was pretty much spot on about the health of the split positive test if you go back and look it shows around a 44% capacity in my test. And that just about how long it took to hit 10.5 volts on the cut off.

This is what I have learned from this test.

1. There is a high resistance on the split caused by the discharged battery 3.
                            2. The battery in the 3rd position keeps charging and gaining voltage even when the split has hit below 11 volts.
                            3. The series battery's lost more voltage then the voltage gain on the charging battery but not by much.

After around 12 hours I am going to retest the battery's and see what they are at after rest.

-Altrez
                            Last edited by altrez; 02-23-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Here is a screenshot of the Fluke data logger for the series battery's:

And here is a screenshot of my USB logger on the charging battery in position 3:

I still have to graph the data from the mooshimeter as well.

-Altrez

Comment

• Hello,

I have been going over all the data I collected with my tests. I find a few things interesting.

First here is the before and after tests on the Split the Positive:

Before

After

Next here is the tests on the battery in the 3rd position, the charging battery:

Before

After

The charging battery defiantly got a charge. And the Split+ shows dead as I would expect.

Now I also tested each battery in the series to see the energy drain on them:

Here is battery 2:

Before

After

Here is battery 3:

Before

After

The series battery's did discharge as I would expect right now it seems like I am just shuffling energy around the system. With that being said I still need to factor in the load that ran the whole time.

-Altrez
                                Last edited by altrez; 02-24-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X