X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi liber63,

I assume you already checked the followings:
    -- diode bridge is good, no defective diode in it
    --all the wires connections to and from the diode bridge towards the capacitor and the lamp load and analog ampermeter are ok
    --capacitor is not defective

Now the next step if the above checks seem ok would be to run your motor from a 5-6 VDC only to have a low rpm for the bigger mod motor i.e. for your generator and measure DC voltage across the capacitor, without a lamp load.

When you turn the shaft of the bigger motor alone by your hand, is there any voltage appearing across the capacitor your volmeter can measure?

Does the lamp load illuminate when you put it across the capacitor? Or directly across the bigger motor output?

Gyula
    Last edited by gyula; 03-31-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• [/QUOTE][/B]
      Originally posted by liber63 View Post
      I am jealous. Definitely I will do that in due time. Have to finish some other problems first. Thank you wantomake for the detailed progress. It will be very helpful.
      The modified motor I made with my friend can be made better. After all it was my first try. These days myself alone(!) I rewound the small MY1016, I made three strands to one litz wire and corrected the timing. The motor runs cool. 3300rpm-15V-0,73A and 5620rpm-24V-1,57A.
      One thing I cannot understand is that connected to bigger mod motor which I test as generator and the output through bridge and capacitor, the voltmeter still goes all around the place and I cannot take measurments. The capacitor I put in parallel. Does anyone know how to be able to make meter show the exact voltage?
      Liber63,
      Nice job and good to see other builders!!!

Try better connectors, a different FWBR then different values capacitors.

Glad to help if I can.
      wantomake
      Edit: My meter does that with low battery at times. Check it.
      Last edited by wantomake; 03-31-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Voltmeter

Originally posted by liber63 View Post
        ... Does anyone know how to be able to make meter show the exact voltage?
        Hi liber,

The mods made to the motors cause transients (sparks). That plays hell with a dvm. An analog voltmeter may dampen the signal and give you an average reading. Or maybe a much larger capacitor?

bi
        Last edited by bistander; 03-31-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Hi guys, thanks a lot!
          Yes you are all right. I had tried and replaced everything but the dvm. When I put the analog the readings where rock stable.
          So now i can continue my tests.
          All my tests show power in to power out is 3 to 1(I mean small mod motor coupled to bigger mod motor as gen-just a test setup). Of course I know if put at the 3BGS this 1/3 of power is completely free. Done it before many tests, but not with the bonus of Mat's modified Motor.
          I remember Mat said that if we wound the 3 strands (or more) together and connect them in series, it would be a reduced lenz but high voltage. Has anyone tried anything of the kind? I am thinking to start winding another motor in this way. Any suggestions would be appreciated, even to discourage me from doing so.
          I know I'm a bit behind of what this thread has come to, with the bigger generator and coils and all info of how speeding under load works. But, each one has his own pace.
          Last edited by liber63; 03-31-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Tried it

liber63,
            I did attempt the 3 wires parallel series connected winding for my generator but, it was same output as 3 wires parallel connected.

I also tried 10 wires parallel connected in my mod. motor and it ran hot with extremely high amp draw.

For myself following Matthews directions exactly gave best results. I have motor and generator setup the same. Btw that's the setup I used in my videos and had no voltage decreases.

But sometimes it's a waste of time or a good learning experience. For me the latter.

wantomake

Comment

• Yes, I see. For motor mode is just right the way it is.
              I had a test few weeks ago with my big mod motor as motor connected to 2 other connected in series stock motors, as generators! The output was directed to the primaries. I used 3rd battery(bank) to power 64 watts for 4 hours!! and the primaries lost less than 1/10 of a volt. Not to mention the excellent charged 3rd battery bank! So definitely i was very impressed. The winding as suggested is excellent no doubt for motor mode. I am wondering for generator mode as there is no info yet, if anybody tried different things. I think only 3 strands in series is too little to show anything. I still might give it a try with more, at least 6, most likely 9 and play a lot with timing and rpms. We'll see. I think by doing this i also follow Matt's suggestions as i remember. If not, I welcome corrections.

Comment

• Originally posted by liber63 View Post
                I remember Mat said that if we wound the 3 strands (or more) together
                and connect them in series, it would be a reduced lenz but high voltage.

Has anyone tried anything of the kind?
                No I didn't know that. I thought of it tho. I thought (this was before)
                maybe if I did some strands in parallel then connect them in series I
                might reach a null point or close to the null. Null meaning generator coils
                that do not drag down the scooter motor acting as a generator instead of
                a drive motor. Here is what I have found. With a 9" dia magnet rotor
                (where the magnets sit on a 10 inch wheel and a very close gap to my
                cores I needed 6 strands (#29 ) of 170 feet all in series. The small motor has
                a real short rotor distance to the magnets, this plays a part. So many
                hundred miles an hour with the large rotor or however you want to look
                at it.

I was going to see if i could modify a scooter motor so I reasoned to get
                say half of what the big rotor had on it, I would consider 500 feet. So I
                would need tiny wire say 30awg using 5 or 6 strands? Somewhere around
                that I think. Or was it 40awg, well I'll have to go figure.

The space on the rotor of a scooter frame is small and I would
                probably not get 1 amp, 1/2 amp? I think 1/2 amp at all the voltage I
                needed. The voltage might be around 300vac but at only half amp.

But when loaded of course my 300v winding will drop way down to the
                work it is doing, such as a 110v led light bulb at low amps. It works
                right after you rectify, use fast acting or fast recovery diodes to save
                energy.

The 3 strands in series would use much thicker wire so a guy gets some
                amps and then your voltage would be closer to the number needed to do
                battery charging without converters.

In this setting with the 3 strands I do no think any lenz free generation
                is achieved, just a prefect output for charging a 24vdc pack.

On the other hand if you want to go the other way to experiment with
                these small frames with rotors having winding, you need fine wire and lots
                of it. For 29awg wire I needed 1000 feet at 3200 rpm's, those magnets
                are really moving on a 9" circle.

Let's say I did it and got a lenz free winding. Next step would be to build
                10 more so i could get a nice output. However the other way turns out
                to be easier than 6 -10 scooter motors made into lenz free generators.

But it could be done maybe. The thing is with 6 or 8 scooter motors
                acting as generators you will have a bunch of friction loss with all of those
                shafts and two bearings on each.

Also a word of warning: Those little motors were hard just to get a single
                strand wound around the rotor without damaging it so a dead short appears.
                I wound one rotor with heavy wire 3 or 4 times to get it to work. Fine
                delicate wire is going to need extra care, be ready to throw away lots
                of wire.

PS I am building small rotors and doing some work on a huge rotor. Waiting
                on parts and money is no fun yet I still have plenty to do. Working.
                Last edited by BroMikey; 04-01-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Bro, I understand thin wire is difficult. But I 'd rather have amps as well, so I am not planning to put thin wire anyway. For the sake of space I won't be using a very thick one too. So, something in the mid, around 23 and 12 strands and see how it goes.

Comment

• I never turned one into a generator but I would figure 1 strand of 18-20 awg would do it. I would also use all 4 commutator slots for the beginning and ends. No dead space. Use a shotkey diode bridge (4 diodes) on the output. Add a 1000 volt 1000 pf AC cap across both of the output leads.

So with 4 slots on the commutator filled that should induce a short at the peak current point reducing some/all of the drag. The short is going to spike, the cap will help hold that down a little. Depending on what you have on the system you may not need it. Just a battery you can skip it. If you have an Arduino hooked up to the system I would make sure to use it plus a small EMI filter on the input of the Arduino.

If you can crank it around 4500 rpms or better you should probably see 30 - 40 volt around 2-3 amp under load. You may want to find a buck converter to get the voltage in line with your battery if the output is higher than 32v under load.

If your really handy you could build a box around it and put some neo's on the box. Wrap the neo's outside the box with sheet metal to raise the interior induction.

Matt

Comment

• Test machine

One thing is needed to understand and improve any FE idea. Dave said from the beginning pages that the more people are building this setup then the many ideas and tests can be condensed into a workable blueprint.

Each idea needs a testing machine. There are several factors that must work together to get the results needed.
                      Coil size, output, capacitance
                      Rotor size, number magnets, speed, lenz effects
                      Prime mover or motor/generator
                      Circuitry used

I speak for myself only. A good crafted testing machine with all the factors to work as the above mentioned takes time and money. Wasting either one isn't good.

Plan a good testing machine that you can adjust or change any part of it as needed.
                      Listen, take notes, ask questions, of those that have done this build already.
                      Share and help others as you can.

wantomake
                      Edit: Matthew didn't see your post. So use all the commutator slots ? No skipping one slot as with the modified motor? I guess wind as much 18-20 awg that will fit on the rotor? The generator from my videos is stripped and sitting on my desk. Was thinking to re-wire it and use it for testing the old setup or send it to a deserving builder here. Thanks.
                      Last edited by wantomake; 04-01-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Much appreciated Mat! Your words is like Bible for Christians to me. Next week I will go and buy necessary stuff and get my head down to work. I need to try this first and show my friend the actual results on 3BGS as he is not very enthusiastic. Then, later I can go on for the bigger generator with his help.
                        I will be testing and sharing as Wantomake recommends.

Comment

• Videos

I have seen some of the YouTube videos of folks running a motor in the 3 Battery system turning a simple generator to which a light or lights are connected.

As soon as I see that I know that the person who posted the video has yet to understand what we are trying to show.

The output of that generator is a source of HIGH potential, just like the two batteries are in the three battery system. The load should be running BETWEEN the positive of the generator and a lower potential source, like a cap or a battery.
                          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                          —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Latest progress

Here is the progress made today with what little time I had. But the milling down of the threaded shaft took some time for the bearings and the coupling. Takes time to not over do it and nothing fits.

There will be end plates holding the bearings and the coupling will be connected to a modified Matt motor as show. All is just put together to show me how it will all fit together; spacing to install or remove coils, motor block spacing and such.

Hope to get more done as days of dry and warmth help out. I'm sure there's more to this build as yet to present itself. But will keep posting as much as gets done.

wantomake

[ATTACH]20602[/ATTACH][ATTACH]20597[/ATTACH][ATTACH]20598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20599[/ATTACH][ATTACH]20600[/ATTACH][ATTACH]20601[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Not posting for a while

My mother passed on to a better place last night. I'll be presiding over the funeral on Thursday.

Take care All. Will be back in a few days or so.

She left in peace and painless.

James and family

Comment

• My prayers for your comfort and peace. It is so wonderful for those of us that know the Lord to know where I loved ones have gone. And an even greater joy to know we will join them someday. Both of my parents have gone on to be with the Lord as well as many other family members and friends.

Take care,
                                Carroll
                                Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X