Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch only the buffer battery. If it is going up, add loads to the buffer battery until you get it to level off. If it is going down, decrease loads on the buffer battery. This is how you balance the loads. The buffer MUST stay level or you will lose voltage in the primaries. You should also start with around 12.2 in the buffer.

Dave
    Last edited by Turion; 10-27-2013, 01:40 AM.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• @Dave
      Thank you. I will try this during next week or so.
      Cheers, cubalibre

Comment

• Battery Pump Test part 3

Here are the results of my battery pump test using the five batteries wired in parallel and drawing the primaries down to 12.07 volts.

Water Pump 3 - YouTube

Dave
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Dave,

Looks good! Can't wait to see how much is pumped using 3BGS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
            HOW MANY people here are experimenting with flipping the MAGNETIC polarity on a battery?
            Dave

Comment

• Make of it what you will.

I have not been able to replicate this weird effect - tried for the week.

To get my reversed transducer to flip, I hook the two transducers in series
              (per Tachy's diagram, then connect only the reversed (flipped) transducer.

Cheers, Garry

3BGS One wire motoring - YouTube

Sorry, forgot to explain the reason for the transformer laminate is that it is my version of a pulse motor when
              you hold it up to the drive cog.
              Last edited by garrypm; 10-29-2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• changing polarity of battery

Look at these two sites:
                Car Battery Reversed Polarity - Automotive | DSLReports Forums
                Battery Myth | Can a Battery ‘Reverse’ its Polarity?

If you remember, I had a battery that had a -0.3 volts reading.
                I will try to reverse charge the battery since it is basically discharged. This was an old marine battery that was trickled charged for years and was left outside to freeze and thaw.

I tried using my rene radiant charger on another battery but used a microwave transformer in place of the toroid. Too much juice went into the battery and I think I have overcharged that battery as it bubbled out fluid and the voltage dropped.
                If you are going to make the rene radiant charger, I would suggest you do not use a microwave transformer in place of the toroid. You can get the toroid from an old PC power supply if you don't want to make one.

Comment

• Reverse Magnetic Polarity vs Reverse Charge

I believe there is a difference between simply reverse charging a battery and reversing the magnetic polarity. Anybody with a battery charger and time on their hands can eventually reverse charge a battery, but I do NOT believe that is what we are looking for. Reversing polarity would seem to be something that is done quickly. I have been told it can be done by using the two motor method I have described here and then shorting across the battery in question for just a split second. I'm not even sure a battery with reversed polarity reads negative voltage with the meter connected normally. I will try to get an answer to that question.

Dave

Comment

• nope

Tried to charge my battery that was dead.

As McCoy said "He's dead Jim."

So is my battery. Won't charge, won't negative charge. It's just dead.

I will try to find another battery to experiment upon....

Comment

• wsxian2,
                      When you put it in the third position on a standard 3BGS setup, does the motor run?

Dave

Comment

• different batteries

I will just say ,not all but almost,.. every battery I've tried , shows more out than what it should be able to do?
                        If it works in a battery, why not in a coil?

Comment

• no on running

Turion:
                          No, it does not run. I tried that earlier. It may be that I have to wait, but I believe that I let it go for about 4 hours earlier in the year and it did not run then.

I have another "bad" battery for original 3BG system and tried that tonight. Using only one motor and a 60w bulb for a load off the "bad" battery.
                          I connected a digital volt meter from the Positive of the 1st good battery to the negative of the "bad" battery. It registered 22.3 volts before start.
                          I made the connections and the motor started immediately. The bulb warmed up.
                          I watched the voltage on my volt meter and it went down to about 19.5.
                          But then it starting changing wildly. Going up and down. As high as 68 volts. Lots of readings in the 30s, 40s and 50s. I did not see any appreciable change in the light from the bulb, but this was twilight and it wasn't dark enough for me to notice.

Where is the voltage coming from? I presume the motor? From the BEMF? But why the different voltage readings?
                          Interesting.

Comment

• The digital voltage meter has a hard time with the spikes you get from the 3BGS setup. If you were to put a scope on it, the scope can handle the bursts a lot better. And yes, you get some power from the motor as generator added to the system, but also some influx from the ambient environment.

Dave
                            Last edited by Turion; 10-30-2013, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• wsxian2,

With that dead battery in the third position, did you try spinning your motor by hand? I hate to have you give up on a totally "dead" battery, because sometimes they are the best.

Dave

Comment

• yes, yes I did

Turion:
                                Yes, yes, I did try spinning by hand.

But I have some more time today and will retry.

Comment

Working...
                                X