Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know, now the battery is taking a charge and the bad battery seems to be doing better also by taking a charge. Will have to wait and see what
    happens. Maybe a bad battery could be made in this way if left in parallel long enough. Might be worth trying if you do not mind losing a good battery.

George

Comment

• Okay a really ignorant question.

I looked at the schematic Plengo posted and I'm confused. I had a different picture in my mind of batteries 1 and 2 being wired together using both terminals.
      That is, bat 1 pos to bat 2 neg and bat 1 neg to bat 2 pos and then the motor between bat 2 and 3. I guess I don't understand how you get 24 volts this way.
      You guys are knowledgable than I am but I read that connecting batteries in parallel using batteries of different sizes, capacity, charge, etc may damage one or both. That maybe the reason for you getting bad batteries.
      Thanks
      -Lyn

Comment

• @ clueless,

DO NOT try what you just described in your post. If you connect batt 1 positive to batt 2 negative and batt 2 positive to batt 1 negative you WILL destroy both batteries and the wires between them if those 2 batts are any good at all. You will also probably have a fire and get burned too. You would be creating a dead short with the two batts each helping the other to burn up. I repeat. DO NOT TRY THAT!

Connect batt 1 positive to one side of the motor. Connect batt 1 negative to batt 2 positive. Connect batt 2 negative to batt 3 negative and lastly connect batt 3 positive to the other side of the motor. If you still have doubts about this then don't try this circuit. Even a very small batt has enough power to melt wires. If you still want to try this and be safe you can get inline fuses at the auto parts store and install them in each leg of the circuit. This will prevent you causing any fires.

We are not getting 24 volts we are getting 12 volts to run the motor and 12 volts to run the load across batt 3. I am sorry if I confused you by talking about the 24 volt scooter motor I am using. I am still just running it on 12 volts.

Carroll
        Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• My diagram is correct:

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...or-medium-.jpg

Fausto.

Comment

• Hey guys
            Just wanted to report that the battery that instant charged on this system yesterday is indeed now able to charge very nicely on my SSG. I am truly amazed that it happened at all, let alone within a few seconds.
            While this doesn't help out search for a "good" bad battery, it is still a very cool prospect for recovering those bad batteries which aren't bad enough for this test.
            I charged it to 13V in less than 8 hours, and it is now sitting @ 12.89V after being pulled from the charger. I have to leave for work in a bit, but when I come home I will check it again and see where it is resting at after 12 hours.
            I think with a few charge and drain cycles, this could be a nice battery once again!

My smaller 12V 5Ah battery has been through two cycles on the 3 bat system, and still wont hold more than 2V charge, so this one may be a candidate. It still wont even run a joule thief for more than an hour or so before going completely dead again.
            My 2 primary batteries are still in recovery from the last run, but are still gaining back their charge. Once they have fully recovered, I will run it again and see what happens

N8
            The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

• 3 battery system - free energy ? - YouTube

here is my tests , i tried to add another halogen bulb in parallel to the load and the motor just speed thru so much that i got afraid , now i have to move to step 2 look for gears and generator for that motor... and try to get some power out of the motor.. to loop back in..

cheers
              pathania
              Last edited by hello_all; 03-03-2012, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• pathania

Good video except for the noise of the weed eater. Another thing I have noticed
                is when you have a motor as load, if you load down the main motor the RPM's increase and will stay elevated for a while even after you remove the load. I
                also have the same weed eater and was thinking of trying it with this. You
                are getting the results that I have been seeing. That is the good thing about
                this system- easy to replicate and confirm that it is working.

George

Comment

• Posted twice??!!
                  Last edited by Turion; 03-03-2012, 01:43 PM. Reason: Posted twice??!!
                  “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                  —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• The place I am staying at has wireless, so I get to check in on what's happening.

Nice video pathania

George, The best part about this system is that it works. Period. All kinds of motors, all kinds of different batteries, But if you follow as close as possible to the original, it works best (so far). With all these varied configuration, maybe we will discover a new standard. I don't know how many thousands of dollars I've spent trying to duplicate the stuff other have posted here at EF, and the only ones I've had any success with are John B. And Matt Jones. And Matt went way out of his way to help me with my replications of his simple motor and circuit.

Keep up the good work! I'm really happy to see so many of you with successful replications. We WILL figure this out!
                    Dave
                    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                      Try replacing the bad battery with a capacitor and resistor in series of just enough resistance to allow the motor to turn, In parallel to the resistor you want to put a diode blocking the direction of flow of current but allowing the back-spikes to bypass the resistor. The diode need to be very low forward voltage and fast switching. The output load wants to be matched so that the voltage drop on the source is not too much. an additional diode opposing the current in parallel to this load will help too.
                      I hope folks aren't going to forget this post by mbrownn.
                      If we have voltage moving in two directions though the system would this not be a good place to insert a three wire transformer and "milk" some more power out of this thing? This is one of the modifications to this circuit I have been talking to Luther about since he and I first started sharing with each other...combining what we know about this with what Matt Jones has done in the Use for the Tesla switch thread. Luther and I both have the big transformers for Matt's setup, and adding it in is another of the many, many, MANY tests we want to try.

Dave

Comment

• dave,

is this what u are proposing for replacing bad battery , if so you have values for capacitor , diode , resistor *variable range.. etc..

cheers
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Another very good run

First of all, when I did the run where I thought I had ruined a good battery, turns out I had things hooked up incorrectly. This time everything was hooked up properly. This time the batteries 1 and 2 were new ones. Battery 3 was the huge boat battery. Battery 2 was a small Wal Mart garden battery. Battery 1 is a fair sized Wal Mart Max battery 850 cca. I started out with the three motors, instead of one, and the 12v ceramic heater as load. Then I thought why not try the ceramic heater as the motor, since it has a fan motor in it anyway. It worked and the for the load I used the 12v halogen light and also one of the three motors. When placing a mechanical load to the load motor the ceramic motor sped up, but the light intensity would decrease. This time I got a good amount of heat production from the heater and the halogen light with bright intensity. It appears that the good batteries had minimal loss. Will have to let them rest to see how much higher they come back to original voltage. This run lasted about an hour. The interesting part was that this time it was not just a motor but also the ceramic heater element involved. This ceramic heater is just a small one that cost around $30.00. They have a bigger !2v one at Wal Mart here for $99.97 that I
                          would like to have and try with this. This brings up the possibility of trying
                          other motor combination devices, or what about a a 12v generator being
                          run as a motor Lockridge style in the motor position. An old VW or 50's
                          Delco/Remy would probably work.

George

Comment

• I admit I'm still confused.

I research before I post to be as accurate as I can. I looked up series wiring and instructables.com was just one site and this is their schemiatic. Oops I can seem to copy and paste but here is their link:

How to Wire Batteries in Series (or in Parallel)
                            Leaving the motor out how would you hook up the 3rd bat? Would both pos wires connect to the 3rd bat's pos and neg terminals?
                            Now using the motor, connecting the motor to one pos on the 1st two bats, is the 3rd bat negative terminal used? And what do you do with the extra pos wire from either bat 1 or 2?
                            Or would you connect one pos from bat 1 or 2 to bat 3 pos and use the other pos wire to the motor and the neg terminal on bat 3?
                            Sorry to be so dense.
                            Another site here shows a diagram that supports what you are saying:

Learn how to wire solar panels and battery systems

Thanks I'll go back and re-read and look at the diagrams again in this thread.

Originally posted by citfta View Post
                            @ clueless,

DO NOT try what you just described in your post. If you connect batt 1 positive to batt 2 negative and batt 2 positive to batt 1 negative you WILL destroy both batteries and the wires between them if those 2 batts are any good at all. You will also probably have a fire and get burned too. You would be creating a dead short with the two batts each helping the other to burn up. I repeat. DO NOT TRY THAT!

Connect batt 1 positive to one side of the motor. Connect batt 1 negative to batt 2 positive. Connect batt 2 negative to batt 3 negative and lastly connect batt 3 positive to the other side of the motor. If you still have doubts about this then don't try this circuit. Even a very small batt has enough power to melt wires. If you still want to try this and be safe you can get inline fuses at the auto parts store and install them in each leg of the circuit. This will prevent you causing any fires.

We are not getting 24 volts we are getting 12 volts to run the motor and 12 volts to run the load across batt 3. I am sorry if I confused you by talking about the 24 volt scooter motor I am using. I am still just running it on 12 volts.

Carroll

Comment

• @clueless,
                              Look at the drawing plengo posted in post #170 and then follow exactly the directions I gave in the second paragraph of my previous post. You should NOT have more than ONE wire going to each connection. Everything is connected in series except for the loads that get connected to battery #3.

Carroll
                              Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• clueless,
                                Hope this picture helps (picture removed---see post #1)

hello_all,
                                That was mbrownn's idea. I think it's worth considering. Maybe he has some suggestions for values. I haven't tried anything like that at all.
                                Last edited by Turion; 03-14-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X