NASA Technology in our Home & Barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA Technology in our Home & Barn

Today we ordered some NASA technology for our home, barn and chicken coop!

HY-TECH Insulating paint and insulating house paint additive DIY insulation solutions

It is relatively inexpensive and we are looking to reduce heating and air-conditioning cost by as much as 35%!

Once we receive it and apply these insulating ceramic microspheres or "vacuum beads", we will post here about how well they work!

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
    Energetic Science Ministries
    Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Kevin, is this paint for the outside of your home or barn only or can it be used inside instead? I have a brick home so painting outside isn't an option...

Comment

It can be used on the inside or outside.

I am painting the outside of my barn-walls and roof.

I am painting several inside walls in the house, also the ceiling of the great room, because of no insulation above it in the attic.

Kevin

PATHS For Healing

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

We have finished painting the walls of our barn. We will be painting the roof soon.

While it is difficult to know what the inside temperature of the barn would be without the insulating paint, it definitely "feels" different.

I spent some time today doing some controlled testing with the insulating paint, you can see the details here: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post11900

Within the next month or so we will be painting the inside walls and ceiling of a room in our home. Since we do have experience with this room without the insulating paint, it will be very easy to tell how effective it is.

Kevin

PATHS For Healing

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Kevin--does this paint look "different" after it dries in terms of texture or sheen?

I have 2 coops (23 chickens) so this paint sounds like a good idea for the west-facing walls. Both have cedar shake roofs which stay cooler in the summer time, but I'd hate to mar their rustic beauty. Have you noticed if your coops stay warmer in cold weather?

Comment

athena, i believe you can always run a regular coat of paint right over the top of it.

Comment

get the additive

Anyone can get the real stuff here:

Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Hi from the man from Maine

Hi Kevin,

It has been a hectic few weeks since my last communication with you, what with preparing for a move, enhancing my home for the sale, alternately working on maintenence, repairs, and repainting at my cottage, slowly piecing together my Bedini machine and hydrosonic pump, improving my Smack Booster design, finishing an annual upgrade to a data entry computer program I wrote for the Maine Volunteer Lake Monitoring Project Maine Volunteer Lake Monitoring Program
                and probably spending too much of my time participating in many of the forum threads here. I can't seem to stay away from it for very long, though, as I feel so drawn to it, and love conversing with the many brilliant, talented, and experienced individuals who also come here regularly. And of these people, it was you who instilled in me a fervent desire to furthur pursue my self-reliance energy quest. I found our phone conversation, back in May, to be extremely interesting and thought provoking, and it really helped greatly in understanding some things about the Bedini machines that I had been contemplating. For example, I had known that the 6 coil radial machine's aluminum rotor, shown at New Page 2 after machining and before placing the magnets, is 6 inches in diameter. Doing a close-up examination, I was able to determine, from that 6 inch scaling, the actual width and depth of the magnet slots cut into it were 7/8 inch and 3/4 inch, respectively. That, of course would allow for stacking of two 1.875"x7/8"x3/8" ceramic bar magnets, which seem to be the most popular size for Bedini machines. I had seen magnets stacked that way in several online photos and videos, but I hadn't know about the super-pole arrangement that you told me about, which places the opposing faces of the magnets together. You also told me of another superpole arrangement you devised which works even better. I don't believe that John had ever explained that method clearly, although he seems to have alluded to it in the BediniSG forum saying, "As for the 10 pole machine [first photo in the above link] it uses a very sharp trigger super pole north magnet around the rotor and very low impedance coils." Perhaps one could call it the Super Duper Superpole arrangement. It is not shown in any diagrams that I am aware of on the Internet, and perhaps you would be so kind as to share that discovery with everyone. I understand how it is done, but would prefer that you explain it, seeing as you were the first person (aside from JB, at least) to utilize the method. I must say, that was one great find from your TRV sessions. I hope to talk with you again sometime soon, and this time the call is on me. You gave me so much insight, and I hope that I can give back at least a portion of that in some way that will be helpful to you.

My very best wishes,

Rick
                "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

ceramic paint question.....

I bought the ceramic paint additive but won't be using it until I get moved. My question is....after I have the inside walls painted with the ceramic paint additive. will it always work the same even when another color coat of paint is put over it? In other words, does it work indefinetley?

Comment

additional paint additive question for Kevin ..

Keven or anyone else that has used the paint additive....What have you noticed since using the additive in regards to lower electric or gas bills for heating or cooling your home?

Comment

Originally posted by rhozzi View Post
                      I bought the ceramic paint additive but won't be using it until I get moved. My question is....after I have the inside walls painted with the ceramic paint additive. will it always work the same even when another color coat of paint is put over it? In other words, does it work indefinetley?
                      Yes I believe so. I know when I was asking the company different questions they did say you can paint over it.

Jessica
                      Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

Comment

you can paint on top of the additive

I painted over mine. There is no problem.
                        Sincerely,
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

no comments????

Has no one who has used the Hy-Tech paint additive noticed a substantial reduction in their heating or cooling cost?

Comment

low to no cooling bill

I have the additive on virtually every square inch of the inside of my house. 2 layers...I mixed it in primer and spread it on thick before adding the regular paint.

I also have aluminum radiant barrier spread across my entire attic on top of 1 ft of fiberglass insulation.

When my attic temperature was about 125, the inside temperature on my ceiling was only about 78 or so. I thought I posted this in here before. That is almost 50 degrees cooler!! None of that attic heat made it through. That is also 78 when the outside temp was about 100.

Basically, I needed no air conditioning and I used 1 single box fan sitting on top of my attic access panel. It is aimed upwards into the attic. When I turn it on, it does push the hot air out of the attic, but since that heat isn't making in into the house, that isn't the benefit of the fan. I close all the doors and windows in the house and crack the door to the basement. Basement stays bout 55 all year round. With the fan on, it sucks cool air from the basement into the main floor towards the fan and into the attic. So 1 box fan gave a cool breeze to and moved air on the main floor and basement, which is a combined area of over 1600 square feet.

My electric bill hasn't been over $45 in any month...usually I do not have the fan running because it isn't needed...if 80 outside, inside stays in the low 70's. The house just stays cool inside no matter what.

$45 is with about $6 taxes so that is about $39 in electricity. It is for about 625kwh per month. I have one desktop computer running 24/7 in the basement and that alone is 250-300watt hours non stop and a laptop on 24/7 and it takes 60watts nonstop...together, both computers account for over 30% of my entire electric bill. I average 1000watts of usage at any given time for the whole house.

If I "power factor correct" my house, I can probably drop the power usage by 1/3 easily since most of it is inductive loads (things that use a magnetic field in their power supply - computers, refrigerators, etc...).

Anyway, you can see I have no real cooling bill.

This past winter, I upgraded the burner on my oil furnace to a Beckett AFG high efficiency burner. I'm not interested in relying on grid-tied gas heat so I stayed with oil. It is blown hot air so doesn't keep the inside as warm as radiant heat but I didn't spend much on heating. The heat generated on the inside of the house stays inside much longer since it hits the paint additive and stays inside...and anything that does move through the paint on the ceiling will hit the radiant aluminum barrier. Basically, the heat I make stays in the house. I still have to replace my windows to newer vinyl windows and this will help even more.

Soon, I'm having the chimney repaired and will have a high efficiency fireplace insert since I love wood heat. It is also radiant so with a little wood, it will roast the entire main floor. I won't need to use a lot of wood since I will keep the heat in that I make for much longer than without the additive. So it works both ways in the winter and summer.
                            Sincerely,
                            Aaron Murakami

Comment

Appreciation.....

Thank you all for the feed back on the HY-Tech paint additive. It shows me I made a wise choice and I look forward to painting the inside of my house (when I get it) and then perhaps, the outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X