Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring W/Flap Keeper

1) I took some pics of my new rings for you to see. The flat one is to show how you mark them with fine tip magic marker before bending.
    2) The bent one is to show the flap-keeper for tabs, to hold them in place

Attn.: I left a little more material on my flap-keeper than 6.5mm because I needed to also use the flap-keeper as a shim for my tabs to make them fit tighter in my slot on my 3/8" threaded rod.

Please Share Guys!!!! We do need you to experiment along side us and share your findings!!! Otherwise, this process could take a very long time and I don't think we have that much time.

Notice Ring with Flap Keeper for Tab!!

Last edited by Slovenia; 10-31-2011, 10:10 PM. Reason: Added Line

Comment

• Pic hosting

Slovenia
      You had posted a link?[I think]
      For posting the Pix??
      Can you post it again??
      Thanx
      Chet
      PS
      What size are you building to?[the Can ]
      PPS
      Slovenia
      Something I keep forgetting to tell you................Sigh
      I forgot to ship you the pipe expander ......If you had reminded me I would have remembered [its your fault ={ ]
      Now I'm gonna play with it, unless I head over to the harbor frieght in NY??

Seriously, I will be shipping it out by Wednesday!!
      Sorry????
      Last edited by RAMSET; 10-31-2011, 10:34 PM.
      If you want to Change the world
      BE that change !!

Comment

• Tinypic

Hi Chet,

Yes, I use Tinypic for my picture uploads. What you do is upload your pic to Tinypic and then copy the link in the #2 box of Tinypic to your post on Energetic and you are good to go. It works great. Here's the link to Tinypic:
        TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

What size are you building to? My can diameter is 65.4mm, so I have to plug in a few different measurements than what I shared on my newly updated USA ring tabulation post of the other day with all the mathmatics.

I figured that Harbor Freight was out of the expanders. They were here in Independence, Missouri. I found a really cheap source for stainless shim for my stainless rings. If anyone is interested I'll post that link again.

No harm done. I've been really busy painting the house and messing around with power steering pumps and the like. It's kept me from my experimentation. I'm looking forward to getting back in the game.

Best Regards,
        Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
        Slovenia
        You had posted a link?[I think]
        For posting the Pix??
        Can you post it again??
        Thanx
        Chet
        PS
        What size are you building to?[the Can ]
        PPS
        Slovenia
        Something I keep forgetting to tell you................Sigh
        I forgot to ship you the pipe expander ......If you had reminded me I would have remembered [its your fault ={ ]
        Now I'm gonna play with it, unless I head over to the harbor frieght in NY??

Seriously, I will be shipping it out by Wednesday!!
        Sorry????

Comment

• You Got It!!

Hi Chet,

Yes, you are right. I was just trying to show DM we were on the same page. I used to be worried about that stuff a lot. It really messed with my head. Now I try to only think about the good stuff. I've heard there are some good things afoot as we speak that might change a lot of things for the better very soon.

Anyway, you are right about the poor folks out there. I was raised in Nigeria West Africa for 15.5 years and saw a lot of suffering and poverty. They were bathing in the open sewers and also drinking water out of them. The mean age for living over there prior to 1967 was 35 years of age. That was an old guy over there so that tells you something. People were starving and life was cheap. Anyway, when I was operating my experimental boiler, I saw all the gunk falling out of the water and I new this boiler was somehow cleaning the water too. Soon I'll be testing this theory with titanium rings. There was way to much gunk coming out of the water for it to just be a rusty ring scenario. This device may also prove to purify water too.

Anyway, your point is well taken and I will mend my ways!!

Best Regards,
          Slovenia

S
          Easy with the killin stuff!! There's no Killin in Baseball !!
          And we gonna hit this one outta the park come what may!! And the more people you tell the better ,heck I talk to fellows all the time about this!!

Seriously, No more talk about the bad guys [Please]!
          they get to much air time on these forums !! And yes Duncan We aren't just doing this for our bank accounts [or electric bills] ,we are the few they are the Many,The other 6 billion folks on this planet that can't even flush a toilet or get a clean drink of water they need our help!

To them we are the one percent...........

Lets change that shall we??

Chet

Comment

• Titanium Ring

Hi Chet,

Get back with me via e-mail with your address and can diameter, and I'll send you Slovenia manufactured Titanium Ring.

Best Regards,
            Slovenia

Comment

• An "S" Original??

You realize that could end up being "Priceless"??
              Thanks for sharing your life experience,sometimes we forget ....,out of sight out of mind........[all to often].

You haven't told me which can yet? I am spending some time over at a friends place ,he owns a drug and alcohol rehab center in NY and I love coming around and teaching the Kids here.
              I will be using one of his shops Manana [and fixin some of his broken things also]. seems like it will be at least two weeks till we get power again in Connecticut [yikes]. Seeing as how I live 15 minutes from the state capitol that's pretty wild??[not like I live in the mountains].

Thanks for the offer S I think I'll Email you my Phone number. would be nice to chat and discuss build procedures.

Chet
              BE that change !!

Comment

• Fiditti

Hi Chet,

I'm Fiditti on Skype. Let me know when you want to talk and we can talk free on skype any time. If you are not a member on skype, it's free to join there.

I'm still just using 65.4mm diameter pop cans. I need to go out and get one of the taller 24 oz cans soon. I've just been up to my neck in home project stuff but finally had to take a breather from the power steering pump.

I'm pumped again after DM said his boiler gets up to over 1000 degrees centigrade. That's incredible!!

Best Regards,
                Slovenia

You realize that could end up being "Priceless"??
                Thanks for sharing your life experience,sometimes we forget ....,out of sight out of mind........[all to often].

You haven't told me which can yet? I am spending some time over at a friends place ,he owns a drug and alcohol rehab center in NY and I love coming around and teaching the Kids here.
                I will be using one of his shops Manana [and fixin some of his broken things also]. seems like it will be at least two weeks till we get power again in Connecticut [yikes]. Seeing as how I live 15 minutes from the state capitol that's pretty wild??[not like I live in the mountains].

Thanks for the offer S I think I'll Email you my Phone number. would be nice to chat and discuss build procedures.

Chet

Comment

• I'm old I don't "skip" [skiipe]

Call me ...[I'm using their office Putors over here, lucky to be on the net never mind Skippin !!
                  sent #'s
                  Chet
                  BE that change !!

Comment

• #'s

Got #'s. Thanks.

Call me ...[I'm using their office Putors over here, lucky to be on the net never mind Skippin !!
                    sent #'s
                    Chet

Comment

• Rings

Making Rings
                      Once you've made five or so of these rings you get really good at it. You learn what you should and shouldn't do and then they turn out perfect every time.

Comment

• Jason/Cornfused (What's Happening??)

Hi Jason,

What's happening with you??

Best Regards,
                        Slovenia

Comment

• Skype Pics To Me

Daemonbart,

Set up an anonymous account on Skype, and skype me, Fiditti, a zip file of all your pics and I'll upload them here for you. I'll just post them here for you. I won't know who you really are and nobody else here will know who you are either. I'll post whatever you like here.

Best Regards,
                          Slovenia

Originally posted by daemonbart View Post

It is really about safety only right now (saying that i guess is the same as uploading pics?)..

Kind rgds D

Comment

• still here!

Hi guys, I'm still here too, have been covered up busy, but will have time to start tuning on my can again tonight. So far I have
                            not sanded any off of the walls, just cut length off. I leave it chucked up in the drill and use 180 grit sandpaper while spinning the can to shorten it. It works pretty slick. As soon as beautiful wife sets her laptop down for the night, I will be out in the garage! Hope to have some good news tonight!!
                            Oh yea, Slovenia, have you ever tried brass sheet in your hho projects? I found some .010" shim stock didn't know if that holds up as far as electrolisis . I also got some .010" stainless shim, that's what my ring will be made of. Great job everyone, its great all this info is coming in!! I'm really hoping to having my can bouncing nails @ 60hz tonight before i go to bed.
                            Cheers, Jason

Comment

• Ah Sorry, I read you post DM. Much apologies.
                              Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                              Hi Chet,

I'm pumped again after DM said his boiler gets up to over 1000 degrees centigrade. That's incredible!!

Best Regards,
                              Slovenia
                              Last edited by eternalightwithin; 11-01-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Well i don't have no good results yet with tuning......seems im stuck at 75hz, been sanding length off and checking hz. for an hour and a half.
                                Here are my results so far....

7 1/4" == 75hz.
                                7" === 74hz.
                                6 7/8"== 72hz.
                                6 3/4"== 71hz.
                                6 9/16"==72hz.
                                6 1/2" ==72hz.
                                6 3/8" ==73hz.
                                6 1/4" ==75hz.
                                6 1/8" ==75hz.
                                6" == 75hz.

That was'nt the outcome I thought we would see. I stopped plenty of times while cutting off length to check and make sure I did'nt "miss" the right frequency. Seen your post S of the professors explanation of quarter wave / 3/4 wave. seems I need to do a little studying and find a taller can. I will cut some more off of this can just to make sure, but as of now the 20 oz red bull is a bust. more later.
                                Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X