Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi.

I am stuck with tuning too (at 64Hz).
    Please S and deamonbart correct me if my calculations about Ikea COP were wrong?

daemonbart if you have working Ikea please provide input readings and water temperature in X -time.
    Many would be pleased enough with Ikea and COP3.
    Please post mesurements (cut) and setup. Maybe you hit the sweet spot by luck.

Comment

• Stuck @ 64 Hz

Hi Ares123,

If you are in Europe, your IKEA flask will have to be tuned to 50 Hz. If you are stuck at 64 Hz, you have a real problem. The way I see it, you have two options for tuning.

Option #1
      Tune your flask by hand to 50 Hz by sanding and cutting the tubes to the appropriate length. Maybe your tubes are somewhat to long.

Option #2
      Tune your IKEA electronically. This is the most efficient easy way to do this tuning, but it takes some electrical knowledge and those who utilize this method themselves have protected it as a propietary method. So, the exact method is not being shared.

Anyway, the IKEA boiler should get you a COP of 4 and if properly tuned higher than that. When your boiler is properly tuned it won't make gunk anymore but will run clean. That will be one of the indicators of proper tuning. Also, it's important that your ring gap is properly adjusted. Ring gap recommendations for Europe are 2.1 mm. If your IKEA is tuned to 50 Hz for Europe and your ring gap is correct, then your ring will make your IKEA sing at 400 Hz when operating, and that's what you need right on the button.

COP Calculations
      Mr. "C" provided the calculations for figuring COP several pages back in this thread.

The boiler is a fantastic boiler, you just need to get it tuned right. I would strongly suggest you start with the 150 mm long beer can instead of the IKEA if you don't know how to tune the IKEA. With the beer can, you just cut it to 150 mm and sand it lightly around the top of the can until it plays at 50 Hz. It took Mr. "C" eight days to tune his can sanding it two hours each day. Once you get it tuned though, it will work well for you and the effort will not have been in vain.

P.S.: If you are using the IKEA flask, you have two interactive tubes so you'll have to have an adjustable ring that maintains the same gap for both rings. This would be accomplished in such a fashion as in the vertical diagram of Mr. "C", the can with an adjustable lid for the neutral electrode.

Best Regards,
      Slovenia

Originally posted by Ares123 View Post
      Hi.

I am stuck with tuning too (at 64Hz).
      Please S and deamonbart correct me if my calculations about Ikea COP were wrong?

daemonbart if you have working Ikea please provide input readings and water temperature in X -time.
      Many would be pleased enough with Ikea and COP3.
      Please post mesurements (cut) and setup. Maybe you hit the sweet spot by luck.
      Last edited by Slovenia; 11-23-2011, 11:55 AM. Reason: typo; added another several lines for clarification

Comment

• Jumping back in the water!!

S
        Ready or not I'm off to NY!! Experiments Tonight !!

Chet
        PS
        RE Tuning ?
        Tune something thats easy ,See what does what ,will Thousanths of an inch change things??
        This wave we tune to is the size of a planet [small one] .tuning a dipole antennae is always easier than tuning an array !
        And this is more like a parabolic tube .
        I'm going to make a tuning rig for the ring [as pictured in the New configuration above] on the end of the thermos so it
        gets both tubes.
        Last edited by RAMSET; 11-23-2011, 01:10 PM.
        If you want to Change the world
        BE that change !!

Comment

• For tonights experiment

I will be starting with the bottom {cuttoff] from the thermos
          Flipping it so the finished side faces the thermos [like in the picture] ,making an adjustable holder to keep it plum to the end [and vary the Gap]
          and fire it up in a smaller manifold [1 liter I hope]
          Tonight!! [ambitious HUH ??}
          Going to Home depot for parts
          "I'll be back"

Chet

Thanks
          Chet

Last edited by RAMSET; 11-24-2011, 01:17 AM.
          BE that change !!

Comment

• materials

Evolving

How it goes together [Tight fit]

Yeah I'll be firing this tonight!!
            Last edited by RAMSET; 11-24-2011, 01:24 AM.
            BE that change !!

Comment

• Trying to blow the circuit

Things are a little tight in this tube ,must be touching inside ?

I'll try one more time to get It Open [the circuit].

BE that change !!

Comment

• It felt magnetic??

HHMMMM
                Seems like the "Drive ring" is attracted to the Tube ?
                ODD

Any hoo this time I heard a little arc ??

So I will have to take greater steps to assure no contact .
                Shouldn't take to long, But there is a lock down policy at this facility at ten oclock

Heres a pic of the setup

BE that change !!

Comment

• Fired it up!!

iKea Boiler Test

2 liters
                  Heated for 10 minutes
                  temp rise 21 C [start temp 9 C finish 30 C]
                  power used .06 KWH
                  Gap 2MM

Now for the resistance test
                  ? [running shortly

Resistance test
                  2 liters
                  heated for 10 minutes
                  Temp rise 30 C [22 C start 52 C finish ]
                  Power used .08 KWH
                  2MM gap

Last edited by RAMSET; 11-24-2011, 11:36 PM.
                  BE that change !!

Comment

• A question to members here?

I want to run a hot test
                    Any simple ideas how to proceed ? If I start at boil, where do I go in Ten minutes of heating??

How to proceed {measure?]??

Thanks
                    Chet
                    Last edited by RAMSET; 11-25-2011, 12:13 AM.
                    BE that change !!

Comment

• Thank You for Your measurments.
                      As it seems to me (please those with more knowledge calculating calories, Cop, etc, correct me) but in same time difference is dT = 9 and dP = 0,02kWh

So casual element with 25% more energy, temperature raised 30%
                      (please tell me if I am wrong)
                      We can add some percent to Ikea because of start temp diff but not much

So if efficiency gets higher over 100C just leave till boiling and read Watts (not Kwh) from your Powermeter
                      1)Ikea - read Watts and VA and Pf(power factor), write down W before and after boiling point. (if there is difference just pour in some cold water and read again)
                      2) Resistance Heater should have PF 1 so W = VA so just read watts at boiling point.

Thank You for sharing, I really dont want to discourage You (or me) but at some point we must do calc. So thank You again for sharing. Just this way we can get somewhere.

Deamonbart claims good results but he does not show us measurements(not that he should, but would be nice)

If his boiler is working like Yours he would be better with resistive heater.
                      And calculations will be doing power company at the end of month/year.

Comment

• Thank you for your input!!

Ares123

These measurements are no more than baseline for different configuration]!!

iKea Boiler Test

2 liters
                        Heated for 10 minutes
                        temp rise 21 C [start temp 9 C finish 30 C]
                        power used .06 KWH
                        Gap 2MM
                        2 liters 110V 2MM gap [end configuration as pictured][ height NA] 10 Min raised 21 C .06 KWH
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        I'm real busy here so I'm just putting some of my Data in one spot

"":Previous test data""
                        evening summary
                        5 gal 110V 6MM gap [4MM height] 10 min raised 1.2C .03 KWH
                        5 gal 110V 5.5MM Gap [4MM height] 10min raised 2C . .04 KWH
                        5 gal 110V 5 MM Gap [4MM height] 10 min raised 2,8C .05 KWH

Resistance heater baseline for above test [previous]
                        10 Min Raised 4 C .07 Kilo Watts
                        Last edited by RAMSET; 11-25-2011, 01:41 PM.
                        BE that change !!

Comment

• A post for clarity

These test I am doing do not represent the performance of these Devices
                          In their "Tuned" state .

That will be coming Next!!
                          [Along with some other mods]

Thanks

Chet
                          BE that change !!

Comment

• Took a Night off

No testing tonight
                            I'm on a one day Holiday!!
                            Slovenia I wish you where Closer I'd help you Fix that stupid car!!
                            Good luck Buddy!!

Chet
                            BE that change !!

Comment

• Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Hi

Regarding your question I can admit that I did replicate the heater from that document, And I can admit that this thing is something. I did this 2 years ago and from this point I went to a rabbit hole discovering all that things around us.
                              Any way I was using stainless steel egg holder bought in large superstore for about 2$ , my model was very poor in assembly I use plastic rod from pen as a main shaft and some rubber spacers for spacing the half spheres I did not tune them just put thing together and submerge in water , I remember that was winter and water start to boil in less than 2 minutes, compare this to custom water boiler that looks like coil with 3 woundings that boil water in about 20 minutes or so, that was run by power from mains 220 v. when I connect the thing the thing to 12 v it was creating hydrogen and oxygen. That thing works and by better construction you can meet better results .

... Jesus is Lord ....

Comment

• Thanks!!

Hi Enrgtx,

You got our attention. Would you be willing to give us more information on your setups, (i.e.: what you did; what worked better; etc.)? You can either answer here on forum, or you can send me a personal message to fiditti@gmail.com
                                We would like to know whatever information you would be willing to share with us. This is a great little apparatus indeed.

Best Regards,
                                Slovenia / Fiditti

Originally posted by enrgtx View Post
                                Hi

Regarding your question I can admit that I did replicate the heater from that document, And I can admit that this thing is something. I did this 2 years ago and from this point I went to a rabbit hole discovering all that things around us.
                                Any way I was using stainless steel egg holder bought in large superstore for about 2$ , my model was very poor in assembly I use plastic rod from pen as a main shaft and some rubber spacers for spacing the half spheres I did not tune them just put thing together and submerge in water , I remember that was winter and water start to boil in less than 2 minutes, compare this to custom water boiler that looks like coil with 3 woundings that boil water in about 20 minutes or so, that was run by power from mains 220 v. when I connect the thing the thing to 12 v it was creating hydrogen and oxygen. That thing works and by better construction you can meet better results .

... Jesus is Lord ....

Comment

Working...
                                X