• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daemonbart View Post
    This is cheap to send, no problem
    Rgds D
    Daemonbart

I sent you private message.Thank You very much.

P.S. Can you cut strips of required width and length (plus a few centimeters for handle) ?

Comment

• Size

Hi!
      Just glad to help , Send me the measures you wish for and I will do my best!

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
      Daemonbart

I sent you private message.Thank You very much.

P.S. Can you cut strips of required width and length (plus a few centimeters for handle) ?
      "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Nice!!

Very nice Daemnbart. Thanks!!

QUOTE=daemonbart;165942]Hi!
        Just glad to help , Send me the measures you wish for and I will do my best! [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Boguslaw (Can Diameter?)

Boguslaw,

Give me the diameter of your can and I'll figure your ring measurements for you if you need that done. Let me know. I've gotten pretty good at that.

Best Regards,
          Slovenia

Comment

• To the Lord of the Rings

Well Well Mr.S
            Getting real good at making Rings EH??

Good to know !! This is where its gonna get interesting..........

We should work as close as possible for the sake of Continuity!!
            Since we're both going to have the same device we can Double our effectiveness with half the effort.

WE should scale the tube lengthwise ,for drive ring placement and also log our ring gaps and test results.

You are an excellent organizer ,if we run a log of our tests an open source
            PDF of ring gaps and ring placement positions on the tube {sliding back and forth] with timed tests in Known volumes we can cover a lot of ground real quick!

It will also be easy for others to jump in and try things that we have not gotten to .............

Watcha think??
            Chet
            PS
            BTW
            daemonbart
            You make me very proud...... to see members here helping each other is what it will take to change this world!!
            Last edited by RAMSET; 11-09-2011, 02:24 AM.
            If you want to Change the world
            BE that change !!

Comment

• Rings

Hi Chet,

Yes, I've had a lot of practice with tin can material and have developed a skill at making the rings. I had a Cuban machinist checking some of my rings out the other day and he couldn't figure out how I made them. I didn't tell him either. I just asked if he could make one. I told him I just used to sets of vice grips and a vice to make them and it blew his mind. He couldn't figure out what vice grips had to do with anything and/or how I was able to do it with that combo. It made me proud. We learned how to make stuff with ordinary hand tools in Africa. That's all I had over there.

I think we can get the job done as a team bouncing things off one another. Glad to work with you and share data.

Best Regards,
              Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
              Well Well Mr.S
              Getting real good at making Rings EH??

Good to know !! This is where its gonna get interesting..........

We should work as close as possible for the sake of Continuity!!
              Since we're both going to have the same device we can Double our effectiveness with half the effort.

WE should scale the tube lengthwise ,for drive ring placement and also log our ring gaps and test results.

You are an excellent organizer ,if we run a log of our tests an open source
              PDF of ring gaps and ring placement positions on the tube {sliding back and forth] with timed tests in Known volumes we can cover a lot of ground real quick!

It will also be easy for others to jump in and try things that we have not gotten to .............

Watcha think??
              Chet
              PS
              BTW
              daemonbart
              You make me very proud...... to see members here helping each other is what it will take to change this world!!
              Last edited by Slovenia; 11-09-2011, 02:49 AM. Reason: Added line

Comment

• Stainless threaded slug

S
                I told you I would explore attachment options for the ikea device
                it is my intent to explore the "threaded" aspect of the thermos,
                The Screw.....A big giant Screw with a hole tapped in the top for the threaded rod or bolt,

Shes so pretty I cant bring myself to drilling or welding onto her "YET"?

seems like an ackerman thread albeit a big one I will be checking when I get home tomorrow
                If this proves to be the case it will be very easy to replicate with hand tools
                [the criteria for our friend boguslaw]

Thanks
                Chet
                PS
                Besides it will make it easier to switch out boilers with out having to make an attachment every time you decide to try something new,as well as a control of sorts ......attachment point never varies in density [weld] or position.... consistent Continuity !
                Its actually quite beautiful for us experimenters, Many praises to the man who shared this with you!
                Last edited by RAMSET; 02-10-2014, 02:13 PM.
                If you want to Change the world
                BE that change !!

Comment

• Updated Serbian Boiler Diagram

Updated Serbian Boiler Diagram

We have a new updated Serbian Boiler diagram from Mr. "C". Hopefully I'll be posting it later today. I'm cleaning it up a bit. It's got an interesting twist to it that wasn't shared before!! That will give you something to look forward to.

Comment

• Updated Serbian Boiler Diagram

Updated Serbian Boiler Diagram

Description of Boiler:

This diagram shows a new sonic boiler construction and connection pipe through a valve that lets water into the little boiler and produces steam water. Water vapor enters the pressure radiator hose and it is better when the water is warmer in the sonic boiler because it consumes less electricity for heating if water in the tank is over 100 degrees. Refer to the chart I sent you.

Added Diagram Nov 9, 2011 @ 4:12 PM
                    Last edited by Slovenia; 11-09-2011, 10:19 PM. Reason: Added Updated Diag

Comment

• Mr. "C" Chart

Chart Mr. "C" was referring to in new diagram post

Comment

• Attachment Options

Hi Chet,

Yes, I know, I was thinking too. I can't wait to get this baby fired up. Hopefully I'll be able to get some cutting done to the tubes today.

Best Regards,
                        Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                        S
                        I told you I would explore attachment options for the ikea device
                        it is my intent to explore the "threaded" aspect of the thermos,
                        The Screw.....A big giant Screw with a hole tapped in the top for the threaded rod or bolt,

Shes so pretty I cant bring myself to drilling or welding onto her "YET"?

Thanks
                        Chet
                        PS
                        Besides it will make it easier to switch out boilers with out having to make an attachment every time you decide to try something new,as well as a control of sorts ......attachment point never varies in density [weld] or position.... consistent Continuity !
                        Its actually quite beautiful for us experimenters, Many praises to the man who shared this with you!

Comment

• my update

Hello solvenia, Chet and all. Time working on the boiler has been limited for me still, I've been trying diligently to find and make a can to Mr. C specs, having trouble like everyone else finding the right length/diameter. My next route is going to be the fractal harmonic math approach like Gordon is pursuing. If I can locate a piece of stainless pipe, Im gonna attempt to turn it down on a lathe to size needed then try to tune it. Looking foreward to the IKEA flask test also. Cool stuff happening in this thread!
                          Regards,,, Jason

Comment

• Thanks for the update

Hi Jason,

Nice to hear from you. Please continue tuning those cans too. We really need that information. Thanks for all that hard work and sharing your results with us.

Best Regards,
                            Slovenia

Originally posted by cornfused View Post
                            Hello solvenia, Chet and all. Time working on the boiler has been limited for me still, I've been trying diligently to find and make a can to Mr. C specs, having trouble like everyone else finding the right length/diameter. My next route is going to be the fractal harmonic math approach like Gordon is pursuing. If I can locate a piece of stainless pipe, Im gonna attempt to turn it down on a lathe to size needed then try to tune it. Looking foreward to the IKEA flask test also. Cool stuff happening in this thread!
                            Regards,,, Jason

Comment

• Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                              Boguslaw,

Give me the diameter of your can and I'll figure your ring measurements for you if you need that done. Let me know. I've gotten pretty good at that.

Best Regards,
                              Slovenia
                              Slovenia

I'm using ordinary (here) beer can common in Europe.500ml can exactly like orginally described by Mr "C". There should be 2.1 mm gap between can and ring ,right ? Currently i cannot measure exact diameter of my can (I'm out of my home ) but it's standard can.
                              Thank You for supporting me I will do my best to check this device here with he same electrical conditions as in Serbia (230V 50hz) . I really hope it works also from inverter, and I will explain why it is important to me soon.

Comment

• Ring Length Information

Hi Boguslaw,

I have enough information then to do the precise figuring for you then, because a standard European can is 65mm in diameter. I will provide you with the math I used to figure the length of the stainless for the ring. Remember, you need to add enough extra manterial on both ends of the ring for your ring holder and overlap piece. To figure the length of the material around the ring, you first have to figure the circumference of the ring with the formula below.

Formula:
                                Circumference = (3.14) X (Diameter of ring) = Ring Length!!
                                Circumference = (3.14) X (65mm + 2.1mm + 2.1mm)
                                Circumference = (3.14) X (69.2mm)
                                Circumference = 217.288mm = Ring Length

Ring Holder Tab = 13mm X 2 = 26mm
                                Tab Retainer Flap = 7mm

Brief Summary of Ring Info.:
                                You have to have extra material for your ring holder tab on each end of the ring material as well as an extra tab retainer flap material on one end to fold over and hold the tabs in place.

So, you need to add the Length of Ring + Tab Length + Tab Length + tab retainer flap = Total Length of Required Ring Material!!

Total Length Required = (See Below!!)
                                Circumference + 2(Tab) + Tab Retainer Flap
                                217.29mm + 2(13mm) + 7mm
                                Total Length Required = 250.29mm

You need to request strips of stainless 250.29mm X 5mm from Daemonbart. I'll draw you a diagram to show where you fold the metal for the ring too. I'll do that for you this evening.

Best Regards,
                                Slovenia

Diagram just for you Boguslaw!!

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                                Slovenia

I'm using ordinary (here) beer can common in Europe.500ml can exactly like orginally described by Mr "C". There should be 2.1 mm gap between can and ring ,right ? Currently i cannot measure exact diameter of my can (I'm out of my home ) but it's standard can.
                                Thank You for supporting me I will do my best to check this device here with he same electrical conditions as in Serbia (230V 50hz) . I really hope it works also from inverter, and I will explain why it is important to me soon.
                                Last edited by Slovenia; 11-09-2011, 08:11 PM. Reason: Added Diagram of Ring

Comment

Working...
                                X