Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding resonance frequency

You need to download and install a program called Audacity.
    Run the program and click on record.
    Hold your container in front of the microphone and ping it and wait as long as there is sound being emitted.

To find the frequency go to Analyze/plot spectrum.

Good luck.

Comment

• Thanks for Update!!

Hi Jason,

Wow, great experimentation. I feel your pain. Thanks for sharing with us.

At this point, I'd suggest you just try a 200mm in length can and see how it works. Even though you are not getting it tuned to 60 hz, I think you will see some outstanding action.

Best Regards,
      Slovenia

Originally posted by cornfused View Post
      Well i don't have no good results yet with tuning......seems im stuck at 75hz, been sanding length off and checking hz. for an hour and a half.
      Here are my results so far....

7 1/4" == 75hz.
      7" === 74hz.
      6 7/8"== 72hz.
      6 3/4"== 71hz.
      6 9/16"==72hz.
      6 1/2" ==72hz.
      6 3/8" ==73hz.
      6 1/4" ==75hz.
      6 1/8" ==75hz.
      6" == 75hz.

That was'nt the outcome I thought we would see. I stopped plenty of times while cutting off length to check and make sure I did'nt "miss" the right frequency. Seen your post S of the professors explanation of quarter wave / 3/4 wave. seems I need to do a little studying and find a taller can. I will cut some more off of this can just to make sure, but as of now the 20 oz red bull is a bust. more later.
      Jason

Comment

• Thanks!!

AhuraMazda,

Thanks!! We appreciate the help!!

Best Regards,
        Slovenia

Originally posted by AhuraMazda View Post
        You need to download and install a program called Audacity.
        Run the program and click on record.
        Hold your container in front of the microphone and ping it and wait as long as there is sound being emitted.

To find the frequency go to Analyze/plot spectrum.

Good luck.

Comment

• Stainless

Hi Eternalightwithin,

He's using all stainless. His aluminum container was getting holes in it quickly, so he changed to using stainless. He's getting very good results. Please be very positive with him. We need him to share what he's doing with us. Thanks!!!

Best Regards,
          Slovenia

Originally posted by eternalightwithin View Post
          Bull**** if he's using aluminum.

Comment

• Tuning Cans to 60 hz

Jason and the rest of us are trying to tune our cans in USA to 60hz. He's showing us the results of his cutting down the can length and what frequency he's getting with each different length. These are aluminum cans he's trying to tune to 60 hz.

Originally posted by xvisionxx
            The Information up there is really useful but its confusing,I didnt understand the statistics behind it.
            Thanks anyway.

Comment

• Stainless Query??

Hi Daemonbart,

A few of us are pretty smart here. We don't need all those things I requested of you. If you don't feel comfortable sharing that stuff, we understand. It would be very helpful to us however if you would at least share about your stainless steel use with regard to replacing the aluminum can with stainless. Configuration of that stainless steel would be very helpful including thickness, diameter, length, and how you supported it. This information would be greatly appreciate from you. This information would short cut our experimentation process and help us a great deal. I'm talking about myself and about three or four other experimenters who are sharing here. Anyway, if you would share that information with us on this thread, I'd very much appreciate that from you!! This is meant as a very kind request.

Thanks of course for sharing what you have shared already. It's incredible what you have shared.

P.S.: Whatever you share I will replicate immediately and therefore we won't need all that other information I previously requested from you.

Best Regards,
              Slovenia
              Last edited by Slovenia; 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM. Reason: Removed Line (Duplication)

Comment

• Message from Mr. "C"

Message from Mr. "C"
                Nov. 1, 2011

Calculating the coefficient of efficiency sonic boiler:
                Around the heaters must be a bit of water.
                First Put a kettle of cold water on the scale and measure the mass.
                2.ukljuite boiler supply 5 minutes Merit electricity and intensity that goes into the boiler.
                Third Measure the mass of the boiler after 5 minutes of heating.
                Account for COP sonic boiler
                dT = T1 - T2 temperature
                dM = m1 - m2 mass
                Eav = (dT x Mv x 4.186) / 300 Absorbed energy in water
                EIf = 2260J x dM Energy fumes
                Ei = I x V input power from the mains
                Es = Eif + Eav +100 wat
                COP = Es / Ei
                Note 100 watts is the heat capacity of the vessel heaters and emission of energy from the boiler

Comment

• Yeh its a belting system even a pair of stupid spoons are over the top!
                  Just a few observations on the spoons obviously I've been messing about with a far better meter .. the original readings were accurate, and so the impedance of the water does change dramatically with temperature … I would like to repeat that with distilled water though … I have also tried various spacings and that also dramatically effects the power input to heat calculation .. for instance depending on a slight difference in spacing adding cold water to a boiling sample will either cause a/ steep current rise or b/ a slight current drop
                  I have also noticed that vibrating the sample also has a marked influence … there is obviously an awful lot going on here!
                  I also started to switch in the capacitor bank .. because I suspect this is using reactive power and sucking it from the standing wave on the grid which we are trying to tune to.(nothing wrong with that … they should pay us for doing that) Anyway the switches or at least one of them (which were not very good) has gone short circuit when confronted with opening and breaking the reactive current so nothing to report there until I get some better switches….
                  Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Thanks!!

Duncan, Thanks for sharing that!!

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                    Yeh its a belting system even a pair of stupid spoons are over the top!
                    Just a few observations on the spoons obviously I've been messing about with a far better meter .. the original readings were accurate, and so the impedance of the water does change dramatically with temperature … I would like to repeat that with distilled water though … I have also tried various spacings and that also dramatically effects the power input to heat calculation .. for instance depending on a slight difference in spacing adding cold water to a boiling sample will either cause a/ steep current rise or b/ a slight current drop
                    I have also noticed that vibrating the sample also has a marked influence … there is obviously an awful lot going on here!
                    I also started to switch in the capacitor bank .. because I suspect this is using reactive power and sucking it from the standing wave on the grid which we are trying to tune to.(nothing wrong with that … they should pay us for doing that) Anyway the switches or at least one of them (which were not very good) has gone short circuit when confronted with opening and breaking the reactive current so nothing to report there until I get some better switches….

Comment

• Ring With Keeper

Ring Info.:
                      Everything about my rings is spec according to Mr. "C" except for the thickness of the ring material which in this case is only .1mm and not .2mm. The ring material in the photo was tin can material and not my nice titanium. I'm getting a lot of practice making rings before I bend my titanium into a ring. I don't want to waste any titanium on a possible reject.

Folded Ring With Keeper Holding it In Place:
                      Last edited by Slovenia; 11-01-2011, 04:47 PM. Reason: Added Line

Comment

• questions/opinion?

I'm broke till friday, so I can't order titanium stock just yet, but in the meantime, I'm collecting a variety of cans.

New teas and microbrews, hmmm.

So say we need to get stainless tube for longevity. You pay like 120-150 for a 2 1/2" pipe in titanium Or 316 stainless. (McMasters.com)

But... if you go under plumbing there is 316L stainless unthreaded pipe for 31 dollars.

This is the problem. Pipe sizes are weird. The choice comes down to 2 3/8" or 2 7/8"

Which is the lesser evil.
                        Last edited by eternalightwithin; 11-01-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Stainless

Hi Eternalightwithin,

Don't waste your money on the stainless YET. We don't know what we're doing in stainless yet and without help from someone who does, you can spend a lot of unnecessary money in that area without getting the results you're looking for. We need the wall thickness of the stainless and the diameter. The length would be helpful too, but we don't have anyone willing to share that info here. So, wait a bit and I'll see what I can find from Serbia. Nice to see you playing with the project. I found a really cheap source for stainless rings if you'd rather go that direction. They have 16 foot long strip for only $9 or $10. I don't know the shipping but it would make a lot of rings. Anyway, let me know. Thanks for sharing!!

Best Regards,
                          Slovenia

Originally posted by eternalightwithin View Post
                          I'm broke till friday, so I can't order titanium stock just yet, but in the meantime, I'm collecting a variety of cans.

New teas and microbrews, hmmm.

So say we need to get stainless tube for longevity. You pay like 120-150 for a 2 1/2" pipe in titanium Or 316 stainless. (McMasters.com)

But... if you go under plumbing there is 316L stainless unthreaded pipe for 31 dollars.

This is the problem. Pipe sizes are weird. The choice comes down to 2 3/8" or 2 7/8"

Which is the lesser evil.

Comment

• Phone Call

Chet,

If you're trying to call me, please wait till later this evening. I'm outside working in the yard and don't have a phone out there. Thanks!!

P.S.: I took the post down.

Best Regards,
                            Slovenia
                            Last edited by Slovenia; 11-01-2011, 07:57 PM. Reason: TMI

Comment

• a little follow up on the harmonic math, i found this:

Anti-Gravity

The communications and power broadcast systems, engineered by Nikola Tesla, were based on the Earth as a spherical capacitor plate with the ionosphere as the other plate. The Tesla equivalent circuit was in harmonic resonance with the Earth's electrostatic voltage field:
                              60 mi. from Earth's surface to the ionosphere
                              +400,000 volts
                              1800 Amps from Earth to the ionosphere
                              .25 farads (all lengths or circuits must be 1/4 wavelength or some odd multiple of it)

The most appropriate frequencies:
                              from Earth's surface: 12 HZ and its harmonics
                              from ionosphere: 500 KHz (thunderstorms)

TESLA COIL ACTION

The resonant nature of the Tesla coil depends only on its having a 1/4 wavelength of the desired fundamental frequency of operation in its secondary, and not primarily on the inductive or capacitive properties, such as for an ordinary inductive-capacitive tuned circuit or for an ordinary open ended 1/4 wave transmission line. In addition, the turns ratio from primary to secondary is not the sole determining factor in the secondary voltage, as for an ordinary transformer. The high voltage in the secondary of the Tesla coil arises from the natural rise of voltage at the end of a nearly perfect quarter wave line, which in the case of the Tesla coil is 1/2 of an ordinary transmission line. The counterpoise or opposite leg 'medium' is in energy space and as such forms a connection to non-local space. Therefore, a Tesla coil is a quantum action device and the action between two coils in sympathetic resonance can be expected to be nearly instantaneous.
                              The tuned action also occurs at odd multiples of a quarter wavelength, such as 3/4, 5/4, etc. multiples of a quarter wavelength. Its resonant action also does not depend on a characteristic inductance or capacitance per unit length as for a conventional transmission line but only on its actual length of winding referenced to the speed of light in free space.
                              Last edited by MonsieurM; 11-01-2011, 08:33 PM.
                              Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Another USA Domestic Can 23 oz

Chet found another American can possibility. It's an Arizona Iced Tea in 23 oz cans and you can find it at Walmart for approximately $.95 per can. I checked on line and they stock it at Sams Club, Cosco, and Walmart. Anyway, here is what it looks like:

Comment

Working...
                                X