Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirming the Delayed Lenz Effect

Hi you all,

Please view my most recent video about the Negative Lenz / Delayed Lenz Effect Experiment.
    It is actually a Replication of the Thane C Heins Regenerative Accelerating Generator:

overunityguide's Channel - YouTube

My results are the same as Thane C Heins. In my opinion this is what we all are looking for.

With Kind Regards,

Overunityguide

Originally posted by Overunityguide View Post
    Hi you all,

Please view my most recent video about the Negative Lenz / Delayed Lenz Effect Experiment.
    It is actually a Replication of the Thane C Heins Regenerative Accelerating Generator:

My results are the same as Thane C Heins. In my opinion this is what we all are looking for.

With Kind Regards,

Overunityguide
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, ... Yes!

/Hob
    Last edited by nilrehob; 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM.
    Hob Nilre
    http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

Here is my video on this subject:

Delayed Lenz - YouTube

It seems the recipe is simple:
      1) magnets passing by the coil fast, high frequency
      2) high inductance coil, high voltage

In my case the rpm is around 1500 which would be 325 Hz with 13 magnets all north out,
      and the gen coil was 257 mH where while motor coils power-winding where 3.8 mH, same formfactor.

My current theory is that the generator coil is too slow to react 'properly',
      it tries to hinder the approach by setting up a north magnetic field,
      but the coil is slow and when the field up it's too late, the magnet is already going away,
      so instead of slowing it down it pushes the magnet away and speeding it up.

/Hob
      Last edited by nilrehob; 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM.
      Hob Nilre

Comment

Hi guys, cool video, nice setup Overunityguide. I really like the
        sound of that thing.

There seems to be no doubt that the effect is real not for me anyway. I'm
        not adept enough to experiment in this area so I can only comment with my
        limited knowledge. I'm not skeptical by nature either, I don't think. But.

The way I see it there is only one major stumbling block or problem with
        this arrangement.

That is that to power the load at low speed/frequency required less power
        than it did to power the load at high speed frequency because of the extra
        overhead/power needed to get the higher speed to start with.

So in reality it actually required 30 watts extra idle power to see it happen
        with a 2 watt load, which kind of defeats the purpose.

I'm not sure of the all the input output figure's claimed by Thane, but I think
        the extra power required for the extra speed should be added to the
        calculation then the amount of power reduced by the load subtracted from
        that.

Which would mean in this case it actually required about 16 more watts to
        power the load at the higher speed compared to the low.

Using roughly rounded figure's.

Loaded slow = 58 watts

Loaded fast =74 watts

A difference of 16 watts in favor of the slow speed.

I have to admitt the power in does drop, but the question is why.

Is there a video showing the full input and output figures in real time of Thanes generator ?

It sure is interesting and will get a lot of attention. It would be interesting to
        see what would happen when the generator is loaded fully with more load.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
          Hi guys, cool video, nice setup Overunityguide. I really like the
          sound of that thing.

There seems to be no doubt that the effect is real not for me anyway. I'm
          not adept enough to experiment in this area so I can only comment with my
          limited knowledge. I'm not skeptical by nature either, I don't think. But.

The way I see it there is only one major stumbling block or problem with
          this arrangement.

That is that to power the load at low speed/frequency required less power
          than it did to power the load at high speed frequency because of the extra
          overhead/power needed to get the higher speed to start with.

So in reality it actually required 30 watts extra idle power to see it happen
          with a 2 watt load, which kind of defeats the purpose.

I'm not sure of the all the input output figure's claimed by Thane, but I think
          the extra power required for the extra speed should be added to the
          calculation then the amount of power reduced by the load subtracted from
          that.

Which would mean in this case it actually required about 16 more watts to
          power the load at the higher speed compared to the low.

Using roughly rounded figure's.

Loaded slow = 58 watts

Loaded fast =74 watts

A difference of 16 watts in favor of the slow speed.

I have to admitt the power in does drop, but the question is why.

Is there a video showing the full input and output figures in real time of Thanes generator ?

It sure is interesting and will get a lot of attention. It would be interesting to
          see what would happen when the generator is loaded fully with more load.

Cheers

Hello Farmhand,

Thanks for your feedback, I have to admit that there is a lot to improve in those types of setup, but for now it is only showing proof of principle...

Of course a motor running with a higher velocity / rpm at idle will take more input power, to overcome all of the extra losses involved.

But the effect is there... There can be improved multiple things.

Multiplying the pole pairs on the generator rotor will give you a higher frequency for the same rpm for instance...

And for a theoretical explanation about what is taking place in the generator coil I would like to redirect you to the following link as provided by Thane C Heins himself:

ThaneCHeins's Channel - YouTube

At two minutes from the start of this provided video he is giving his theoretical explanation.

The best to All, and with Kind Regards,

Overunityguide
          Thane C Heins Replication, Confirming the Negative Lenz Effect - YouTube

Comment

@Nilerhob

I am not sure that it is matter of delayed reaction. Although high frequency is defendantly a key.

You have to look at the power coming from the coil. In most cases this is a sign wave similar to a pure sign AC, yet we know the current is mostly in one leg of the wave form as all the magnets are in the same direction. The positive half of the waveform should be that leg.

This Fellow's setup at the Muller Thread has got me fascinated. With 1 ohm resistor he accelerates but anything higher he slows down.
            ACCELERATION WITH THE HELP OF THE BEMF - YouTube

So I have messing around with it. And what I am seeing is the when you make this sign wave you have more current on the positive side then the negative. You can check this with a diode load.
            The negative part of the wave form is normally responsible for the counter emf effect, or Lenz effect. It causes an attraction as the magnet leaves the coil. We normally would pull the positive off to the load.
            When you short the coil the positive side is strong enough to dissipate the negative effect and leave itself partially intact. So it causes a PUSH onto the opposing magnet.
            This is why a resistance that is too high will not allow the effect. It stalls the current from the positive half of the wave form and allow the negative to propagate in the coil and cause the drag.

So the test I am trying to find is to see if there is another way to pull the negative half of the sign out of the way without using the positive half to eliminate it.
            If it is like I think then that solution will allow you to pull the negative half first to get it out of the way then pull the positive half after it has been used to accelerate the coil.
            In other words, the output will be a complete flip of the sign wave coming out.

Make Sense?
            Matt

Comment

I sent my video to Thane Heins, and these where his replies:

First reply:
              -------------------
              Dear nilrehob,

Congratulations!
              Is it possible for you to show useable power being produced from your high current coil (with Lenz deceleration) and then negate the Lenz effect with the high voltage coils?

Great work!

Cheers
              Thane
              -------------------

Second reply, shortly after the first:
              -------------------

You are welcome to consider these expanations... Cheers Thane

1) Explanation for the Russian Academy of Science

The regenerative acceleration generator coil action is based on frequency dependant impedance. Coil impedance is a function of frequency where:

XL = 2pifL
              ZL = 2pifL + RDC

As the frequency increases (rotor RPM) the impedance of the coil also increases so its current carrying capacity decreases accordingly. As the coil's ability to carry current decreases the coil's (Lenz induced) repelling magnetic field also decreases while at the same time the coil's induced voltage is increasing.

When the magnet is TDC (top dead centre) to the coil (neither approaching nor receding) the coil impedance drops to the DC resistance of the coil and the self induced voltage is maximum. The high voltage is then able to be dissipated through the small DC resistance of the coil - producing a delayed magnetic field which pushes away on the now receding magnet while at the same time attracting the next opposite magnet pole on the rotor.

If the Self Accelerating coil is engaged at a rotor speed where current can flow in the coil (because the frequency is low) - then the coil acts like any conventional coil and produces a repelling magnetic field as per Lenz's Law which can be observed here: Regen Acceleration vs Regen Braking - YouTube

2) Explanation for the Professional Engineers of Ontario

Regenerative Acceleration Electricity Generation is accomplished by forcing the primarily inductive generator coils to operate at higher frequencies where the coil's impedance (coil AC resistance + DC resistance) does not allow traditional seamless AC electric current to flow. Generator Armature Reaction (deceleration as dictated by Lenz's law) is a function of the magnitude of current flowing in the coil. If no current is allowed to flow no armature reaction can be produced and if correctly timed AC current pulses are produced a reversal of the armature reaction is created.

Prime mover acceleration is created by increasing and exploiting the generator coils self induced capacitance. Now at desired frequencies the generator coils no longer operate as inductors, storing energy in the Electromagnetic Field around the coil, but instead they operate as capacitors, storing energy in the Electrostatic Field - between the wires inside the coil.

Acceleration occurs during the transition period when the generator's rotating magnetic field pole is top dead centre to a generator coil (neither approaching nor receding). At TDC the large capacitively stored voltage is now able to be dissipated through the low DC coil resistance and a large current and delayed magnetic field is produced which now pushes away on the already receding rotor magnetic pole and simultaneously attracting the next opposite approaching rotor pole - thus accelerating the rotor and prime mover instead of decelerating it as in the conventional generator paradigm.

3) Gates Corporation Demo Video Explanation
              Part 1 GATES CORPORATION Demo - YouTube

4) NASA Demo Video Explanation
              NASA Video Part 1 - Regenerative Acceleration Explanation - YouTube

5) Gates Corporation IP Evolution Demo Video Explanation
              "Dare to be naive." ~ R. Buckminster Fuller - YouTube

6) EV Introduction to Regenerative Acceleration Generator Technology
              EV Intro to Reg-Accel-Generator Tech. (RM) - YouTube

-------------------

/Hob
              Hob Nilre

Comment

Core material

Interesting videos guys. Thanks for posting them. I watched the videos and I don't recall hearing anyone say what core material was used for the coils. In Overunityguide's video, it looked like a steel bolt. Overunityguide, please check if the core heats up. I would think this arrangement would create very high eddie currents in the core causing it to heat up.

Does Heins state what he is using for a core in his coils anywhere?

Nilerob, what are you using for a core in your high impedence coil?

I am curious if the same effect occurs if using different core material like ferrite rod, powdered iron or magnetite core.

Thanks

Alex

Comment

Here is the tests I did to see if one legs of the AC was responsible and where how to pull power for the greatest gain.

You can see clearly your best results are countered in one way or the other. You get the fastest speed from shorting the coil but you get no power.
                  You can grab leg and speed it up but you get LOW current.
                  Or you can grab current and cause a reduction in speed.

I am sure though the effect of speeding it up while producing small currents can be enhanced to provide more current.

I forgot the coil specs..... 840 ft 30 awg, 86.6 ohms of resistance. Iron 1/4 bolt for core. Also with NO GEN COIL the motor did 5250 rpm's

I also have more tests with resistance, post them later.

Matt
                  Last edited by Matthew Jones; 08-31-2011, 02:38 PM. Reason: Added information

Comment

Originally posted by hherby View Post
                    Interesting videos guys. Thanks for posting them. I watched the videos and I don't recall hearing anyone say what core material was used for the coils. In Overunityguide's video, it looked like a steel bolt. Overunityguide, please check if the core heats up. I would think this arrangement would create very high eddie currents in the core causing it to heat up.

I am curious if the same effect occurs if using different core material like ferrite rod, powdered iron or magnetite core.

Thanks

Alex
                    Im using "std welding-rods" as in a SSG.

/Hob
                    Hob Nilre

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                      Here is the tests I did to see if one legs of the AC was responsible and where how to pull power for the greatest gain.

You can see clearly your best results are countered in one way or the other. You get the fastest speed from shorting the coil but you get no power.
                      You can grab leg and speed it up but you get LOW current.
                      Or you can grab current and cause a reduction in speed.

I am sure though the effect of speeding it up while producing small currents can be enhanced to provide more current.

I forgot the coil specs..... 840 ft 30 awg, 86.6 ohms of resistance. Iron 1/4 bolt for core. Also with NO GEN COIL the motor did 5250 rpm's

I also have more tests with resistance, post them later.

Matt
                      Thats interesting, ill look into it when i get another time-slot for it.

/Hob
                      Hob Nilre

Comment

Originally posted by hherby View Post

Thanks

Alex
                        @hherby

Hello Alex,

I am using a normal steel bolt as a core, and yes it is warming up after running the generator for a while... But it is not becoming hot. So there are active eddy currents in my coil... But for now the effect is there.

I agree that using other materials as a core would be better, but for now it is just soft steel.

Kind Regards, Overunityguide

Comment

Originally posted by Overunityguide View Post
                          Hi you all,

With Kind Regards,

Overunityguide

do you have a wattage reading with out the coil bolted to the motor?

there is more to compare drag than just a load I think.

great Video

Comment

Different materials, different rpm create different sound and vibration

Sound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pressure transmitted through a solid, liquid, or gas, composed of frequencies within the range of hearing and of a level sufficiently strong to be heard, or the sensation stimulated in organs of hearing by such vibrations.
                            Vibration refers to mechanical oscillations about an equilibrium point. The oscillations may be periodic such as the motion of a pendulum or random such as the movement of a tire on a gravel road.

Vibration is occasionally "desirable". For example the motion of a tuning fork, the reed in a woodwind instrument or harmonica, or the cone of a loudspeaker is desirable vibration, necessary for the correct functioning of the various devices.
                            Last edited by MonsieurM; 08-31-2011, 10:15 PM.
                            Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                              do you have a wattage reading with out the coil bolted to the motor?

there is more to compare drag than just a load I think.

great Video
                              @toranarod Thanks, Yes I have measured it yesterday,

It runs on 66 Watts Without the rotor connected, so the shaft is turning only.
                              And it runs on 68 / 69 Watts with the rotor connected, but without the generator coil.

With Kind Regards, Overunityguide
                              Thane C Heins Replication, Confirming the Negative Lenz Effect - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X