Trees as radiant energy collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MonsieurM,

Came across a site that qued me up to post this.

The above effect was produced in the vacuum of space.

Not sure if you are intending to put your device in a vacuum?

Jochen's High Voltage Page : Plasma Jar

For the following two pictures, the sharp electrode was fed by a 20kHz, 20kV flyback, while the lid was not connected. While at normal atmospheric pressure, corona is barely visible, the pictures show that with decreasing pressure, the plasma region grows and fills a large fraction of the jar at the lowest possible pressure.

Corona on the sharp wire electrode at medium (left) and lowest possible (right) pressure.

IndianaBoys

Comment

• IndianaBoys, good to read you

I was just trying to show the pattern and the fact that it exists on different planes (like the golden mean )

--------
      Yin and Yang in Chinese Mythology
      The Pangu* legend
      In the beginning there was nothing in the universe except a formless chaos. The chaos began to coalesce into a cosmic egg for eighteen thousand years. Within it, the perfectly opposed principles of yin and yang became balanced and Pangu, emerged from the egg.

Last edited by MonsieurM; 09-17-2011, 12:54 AM.
      Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• More Evidence Found for Quantum Physics in Photosynthesis | Wired Science | Wired.com

Physicists have found the strongest evidence yet of quantum effects fueling photosynthesis.

Multiple experiments in recent years have suggested as much, but it’s been hard to be sure. Quantum effects were clearly present in the light-harvesting antenna proteins of plant cells, but their precise role in processing incoming photons remained unclear.

In an experiment published Dec. 6 in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, a connection between coherence — far-flung molecules interacting as one, separated by space but not time — and energy flow is established.

“There was a smoking gun before,” said study co-author Greg Engel of the University of Chicago. “Here we can watch the relationship between coherence and energy transfer. This is the first paper showing that coherence affects the probability of transport. It really does change the chemical dynamics.”

The new findings are the latest in a series that have, piece by piece, promised to expand scientific understanding of photosynthesis, one of life’s fundamental processes. Until a few years ago, it seemed a straightforward piece of chemistry.

Then came observations of coherence in antenna-protein chlorophylls from green sulfur bacteria. The chlorophylls, though scattered throughout the antenna protein, vibrated in interlocking harmony far longer than anyone expected, long enough to hint at functional role. Those observations were, however, made at unrealistically ultracold temperatures; then they were made at room temperatures, and in antenna proteins found in plants everywhere.
        Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• would like to find more info on these tree theories

Thanks for the rex research link. But the tree theories; are what really interesting to me. Do you know, any direct books;or research papers where you got this information from? For me, I have to make contact with a chosen tree many times. Before I can feel the energy becoming from it. It differently ranges from tree to tree and if I can calm my Center nervous system to feel the effect. Before, I gain a connection to the choose tree. I feel, that my hearing is height during my per longed time with the tree as well. Which I believe it related to my attention. I chant, until my random thoughts go away. I concentrate on the plant and direct my hands it the warm spots. I don't see anything or Hear anything. From reading neurology books. I believe it is at aspect of my stereognosis pathways.

Comment

• 3-D time-lapse imaging captures twisted plant root mechanics for first time (w/ Video)

Using an advanced 3-D time-lapse imaging system, a group of physicists and plant biologists from Cornell University and the Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research have discovered how certain plant roots exhibit powerful mechanical abilities while navigating their environment.
            Spiraling root growth - YouTube

Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
            13-Year-Old Makes Solar Power Breakthrough by Harnessing the Fibonacci Sequence | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World

While most 13-year-olds spend their free time playing video games or cruising Facebook, one 7th grader was trekking through the woods uncovering a mystery of science. After studying how trees branch in a very specific way, Aidan Dwyer created a solar cell tree that produces 20-50% more power than a uniform array of photovoltaic panels. His impressive results show that using a specific formula for distributing solar cells can drastically improve energy generation. The study earned Aidan a provisional U.S patent - it's a rare find in the field of technology and a fantastic example of how biomimicry can drastically improve design

[IMG][/IMG]
            Last edited by MonsieurM; 09-25-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Trees as reception antenna.

Hi all,

The use of trees as antena is not new and it is not only for collecting radiant energy.

According to an article in The Electrical Experimenter (1919 07 July G-Book_PA12C4)_XT (Google Book. It was selling for $5.00 3 or 4 years ago) titled "Talking thru the trees" and writen by Major-General George O. Squier Chief Signal Officer, US Army who started experimenting in 1904 on how one can use growing trees as reception antenna. When a drought and peculiar soil condition prevented the telegraph and the Army buzzer telephone from working he then found that they became operative when connected to a metallic nail driven in the trunk or roots of a tree. It is only 2 pages in the monthly magazine the second one filled with 8 illustrations.

You can find many Electrical Experimenter's magazines at archive.org for free:
              Internet Archive Search: Electrical Experimenter
              but not the 7 July 1919 and 16 others only in Google Books as far as I know.

Take care,

Michel
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

• Thank you Michelinho for the info ..... if i may add to it from a previous post : http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...collector.html

[QUOTE]George O. SQUIER: Tree Antennas
                George O. Squier ~ Trees as Antennas ( Scientific American, June 14, 1919 & British Patent Specification # 149,917)

It is not a joke nor a scientific curiosity, this strange discovery of Gen. George O. Squire, Chief Signal Officer, that trees --- all trees, of all kinds and all heights, growing anywhere --- are nature's own wireless towers and antenna combined. The matter first came to his attention in 1904, through the use of trees as grounds for Army buzzer and telegraph and telephone sets, which, in perfectly dry ground and in a dry season, functioned poorly or not at all with ordinary grounds. Right then he began experiments with a view to seeing what possibilities, if any, the tree had as an aerial. But in 1904 radiotelegraphy was far more undeveloped than at present, and vacuum amplifying tubes were not thought of.

The New “Power Plants”: Trees Make Electricity?

It appears that a small electrical component company near Boston has figured out how to get electricity out of trees. MagCap Engineering is pretty sure they’ve come up on the next renewable energy revolution. By pounding a nail into the trunk and a conductor into the ground, a faint but consistent charge is detected in a wire running from the tree to the earth.
                The New “Power Plants�: Trees Make Electricity? : TreeHugger

using a Joule Thief circuit ( Joule thief - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) on a tree may show some surprising results

Comment

Working...
                X