Designs and tips revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designs and tips revealed

I have decided to start this thread for those that are working on different projects in this forum and hope these designs and tips are taken in and used.

I think that this first one is obvious where it can be used: Kap:, Joule, Sec etc.

Mike
    Last edited by Michael John Nunnerley; 11-09-2011, 03:51 PM.

Great thread Mike ! I'm working on a magnifier project that is very close to what you've posted there although in a different form. Out of curiosity, how did you determine the 1/5 ratio of turns?

I've been using 1/8 of length and winding what ever it comes out to in turns which seems to work well. In most cases I end up with 4 to 6 turns on the primary.

Thanks again for posting this - very interesting !

Comment

Thanks mike!

Comment

Utilize the magnets, the coils, and the impulse to their fullest potentials!

1.) Utilize both sides or poles of each magnet.

2.) Utilize both ends of each coil.

3.) Utilize the impulse to it's fullest potential.

All three can be accomplished simultaneously, by using two parabolic curves facing each other. Multiple stator coils will follow the parabolic curves while the rotor magnets will be aligned at an angle relative to the parabolic curve while cutting through the parabolic path of the coils. The stator coils can be placed in parallel paths to each other to form a saucer shaped object. This can be done in one rotation plane. If you're creative, then rotating magnetic vortexes can be induced. The shortest distance or space between point A and point B is a straight line, but the shortest time between point A and point B is a curve (video). It is the impulse, or the product of the force and the time for which it is applied that is important.

GB
        Last edited by gravityblock; 05-23-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gravityblock View Post
          1.) Utilize both sides or poles of each magnet.

2.) Utilize both ends of each coil.

3.) Utilize the impulse to it's fullest potential.

All three can be accomplished simultaneously, by using two parabolic curves facing each other. Multiple stator coils will follow the parabolic curves while the rotor magnets will be aligned at an angle relative to the parabolic curve while cutting through the parabolic path of the coils. The stator coils can be placed in parallel paths to each other to form a saucer shaped object. This can be done in one rotation plane. If you're creative, then rotating magnetic vortexes can be induced. The shortest distance or space between point A and point B is a straight line, but the shortest time between point A and point B is a curve (video). It is the impulse, or the product of the force and the time for which it is applied that is important.

GB
          Good, please post only things that are proven to be right, I want this thread kept for actualidad and not maybe's. This is to help all on their quest for a cheaper energy in their projects, experience from others is worth a lot.

Mike

Comment

Faraday primary coil of tuned output transformer

This is the Faraday loop construction, it has been used for many many years in RF transmitting and it is this that I have taken for producing the output primary coil on my transformer, it effectivly reduces the BEMF into the supply circuit and re applies it to the secoundary coil, in RF that would be a 1:1 standing wave ratio and all the power goes forward 100% and nothing reflected.

The type of coax will depend on the output of your source. For example if you are generating a sine wave "carrier" at X frequency to the base of a mosfet and apply 120vdc direct to the source, your output from that source should go to a HV cap and then to a 50 ohm coax, the screen of which would go to the ground rail.

Mike
            Last edited by Michael John Nunnerley; 11-09-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
              Good, please post only things that are proven to be right, I want this thread kept for actualidad and not maybe's. This is to help all on their quest for a cheaper energy in their projects, experience from others is worth a lot.

Mike
              All three concepts are proven to be right. I can't believe you would even suggest not to use the magnets, coils, and the impulse to their fullest potentials. We should be utilizing these three simple concepts in our designs by default. Anything less is half-assing it. The design I described, was an example on how to utilize the three concepts simultaneously. We normally design or engineer one or many parts to perform one task only. We need to move away from this bad engineering concept, and design our parts to perform many functions and tasks simultaneously with the most efficiency possible.

GB
              Last edited by gravityblock; 05-23-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

TightPak Toroids!

Squeeze More Performance Out of Toroidal Inductors.

A new, innovative toroid design that has its turns “formed” at key intervals to allow more densely packed windings on a given core. The number of turns on a single layer can be increased over 70%. TightPak Toroid Presentation and Training Module (Updated Link).

[Edit:] The above link was updated to point to a much better Presentation of the TightPak Toroid. The original link was temporarily unavailable at the time of posting.

GB
                Last edited by gravityblock; 05-23-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

@ gravityblock, you got me wrong, I didn't meen what you posted was wrong or unproven, I was speaking in general for all.

Good proven ideas IS what is needed in this thread so as all can take a reference to them to be applied to what they maybe working on.

Every little helps

Mike

Comment

I am very interested in your design and tips, Mike.

Would it be possible for you to post a set of calculations and construction details. It seems most experimenters are aiming for frequencies in the 100KHz to 1000KHz range but I would like to work in the 40MHz to 50 MHz range. Thanks for any additional details on your design. Also, I would like additional details on how your design reduces and avoids BEMF. I think I understand it to a degree, but I could use some practical tips beyond what you have already shared. Thanks.
                    There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

I got one:

If you are pulse-charging capacitors in parallel, stop doing that!
                      Pulse them in series, discharge them in parallel.

I demonstrate it in this video (when in series i measure the voltage over ONE cap):
                      YouTube - ‪Charge two capacitors‬‏

Even a simulator acknowledges this fact:

Here is a circuit to do the switching between parallel and serial with diodes:

Any number of caps works, just add the diodes to match.
                      (needless to say there are of course losses with the diodes)

I do NOT expect this to be beneficial with batteries,
                      but for caps it IS beneficial.

/Hob
                      Last edited by nilrehob; 05-24-2011, 08:12 AM.
                      Hob Nilre
                      http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

Working...
                        X