To twist or not to twist, that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To twist or not to twist, that is the question

I notice that John Bedini twists all of his wire together before building his coils. Is there an advantage in doing this? If so, are there any how too's out there, as it seems quite tricky to twist 200-300 foot lengths of wire with a drill.

Originally posted by woodski View Post
    I notice that John Bedini twists all of his wire together before building his coils. Is there an advantage in doing this? If so, are there any how too's out there, as it seems quite tricky to twist 200-300 foot lengths of wire with a drill.
    Hi Woodski
    Just spectulation, but it may be to loosen it up and make it more pliable when bending it around the coil form.
    Bizzy
    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Comment

this is a video i found a while back. this guy has his set up to wind up to three wires twisted onto one coil and count the number of turns as it winds. it's pretty awesome, but would take a little bit of time to build

hope this help. besides a jig like this, it would take unwinding a lot of wire, then twisting it then coiling it back up, which would be a pain

N8

YouTube - Trifilar Coil Jig
      Last edited by Neight; 05-06-2011, 07:58 PM. Reason: forgot to post the link :P
      The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

Woodsi

Here's a link to one I made using a bread maker base as the power drive -it works well, just to give you some ideas.
        http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...aker-base.html

I based it on a design by Edwin, link in thread, and he has some good info there.

Cheers

John

Comment

It is my understanding that twisting wires causes self canceling fields. I wouldn't bother twisting small SSG coil. You wont see any difference. However, for more powerful setups I would do that. I have twisted wires in all my bigger devices, up to 8 strands but only 100 -150 feet.Thickest was AWG#18.
          You can twist from both ends keeping drill in forward position (clockwise). Gym in local school can be handy but not for 300'.

Vtech
          'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Here are some info on it that John bedini posted somewhere.
            "Your coil needs to be wound in such a manner as to hold the "magnetic field inward" so nothing can get out, one litz wire will do the trick or just wind it that way.
            You can do this one of two ways, you can try to wind this as you put this on the coil or you could just tie the wires to a tree or something, walk 150 feet away and twist it with a drill as tight as you can."

You can find it here.

Comment

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
              Here are some info on it that John bedini posted somewhere.
              "Your coil needs to be wound in such a manner as to hold the "magnetic field inward" so nothing can get out, one litz wire will do the trick or just wind it that way.
              You can do this one of two ways, you can try to wind this as you put this on the coil or you could just tie the wires to a tree or something, walk 150 feet away and twist it with a drill as tight as you can."

You can find it here.
              Yes, I have this in my JB notes too Thanks for posting this nvisser That makes perfect sense.

Vtech
              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Something like this?

YouTube - trifilar winder test

Comment

bifiler or trifiler

Hi, twisting the wires together creates bifiler or trifiler without worrying about having a perfect spacing between the windings, the number of twists per inch is also important at high frequencies.

Mike

Comment

Litz wire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read it all but especially read the last paragraph under skin effect.

Matt

Comment

How to Wind A Coil

if you are winding a Bedini coil I should be longer that 65ft but everything else should apply How to Wind A Coil
                      Tecknomancer
                      Zeropointfuel.com

Comment

How long?

Only 65ft. Most people talk about 150-175ft. Even on the linked video it says that if you want to capture alot of radiant energy you need more.

Comment

65ft

Only 65ft. Most people talk about 150-175ft. Even on the linked video it says that if you want to capture alot of radiant energy you need more.
                          Yea most people don't get it.. they even have told me it wont work but because the trigger time is so short and the Cartmotor operates at 120v there is a radiant element to it just not as big, but I can get 10 to 40 amps into the 275amp hour battery bank so it works perfect for me, I have a small Bedini charger with 150 ft coils but most of my work is about torque so it just how it works for me "always build your first motor to Bedini specs so you have a good grasp of the technology"

CartMotor 4.0 Coil Test

Cartmotor V5
                          Tecknomancer
                          Zeropointfuel.com

Comment

Working...
                          X