• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to trigger a multicoiler

I'm getting closer to assemble a small Bedini multicoiler
    8 or 9 coils, to begin with, much room left for more
    Then I started to wonder...
    Is it better to trigger all coils at the same time,
    or is it better so trigger them in sequence?
    Any experience anyone?

/Hob
    Hob Nilre
    http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Originally posted by nilrehob View Post
    I'm getting closer to assemble a small Bedini multicoiler
    8 or 9 coils, to begin with, much room left for more
    Then I started to wonder...
    Is it better to trigger all coils at the same time,
    or is it better so trigger them in sequence?
    Any experience anyone?

/Hob
    Hi Hob, IMO and experience it is better to trigger them together. Triggering them seperatly can cause poor rotor movement and inconsistant harvesting of the spikes.

Thanks

Bit's

Comment

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
      Hi Hob, IMO and experience it is better to trigger them together. Triggering them seperatly can cause poor rotor movement and inconsistant harvesting of the spikes.

Thanks

Bit's
      Each power coil could have its own trigger coil and be placed anywhere around the wheel, but I guess You're right, one trigger coil to trigger all power coils, as in Bedini's own 10-coiler, but care has then to be taken to place both magnets and coils at the right spot.

I was playing around yesterday with two complete SSG circuits, one with a NPN and the other with a PNP to bounce the spike back and forth between the two batteries, and also with one battery and one cap. It worked fine, not sure it it was effective though. Couldn't determine the best timing, will try it again. But I guess Bedini's own recipe works the best?

Then there is the size of the power coils. My guess is that when saturated they should just mask the core in the coil from the magnet, so that the magnet first pulls in by attraction and then when the coil gets powered the magnet will just freewheel on as if the core was not there, and not push the magnet away from the coil? Otherwise it wouldn't be an attraction motor, right?

/Hob
      Hob Nilre

Comment

I concur with Bit's 110%. One trigger, one master and as many slaves as you wish. I can imagine sequenced triggering but this is much simpler and better way. Accurate magnet spacing and equal gap between the core and passing magnet is v.important.
        My take on the way it operates is that iron core attracts the magnet. Magnet moving further triggers coil (potential appearing due to the variable magnetic field over inductor)which becomes energized. In this state the coil represents a magnet with both poles and Bloch Wall in the middle. When energized, both poles become stronger. Bloch Wall can be visualized as a narrow strip. Magnet moving further away from conductor causes collapse of the MF and decompressing both coil poles. Also, Bloch Wall expands, letting additional energy from the environment to flow in. As a result, high voltage spike exceeding many folds input appears across the master winding and strong repelling force (North) kicks the magnet away.
        I hope I was able to express myself clear enough. Also, this is the way I understand. Not saying that I'm right.

Vtech
        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

OK, thanks, one trigger it is!

/Hob
          Hob Nilre

Comment

OK, thanks, one trigger it is!

/Hob
            Good luck with your build Hob
            I'm working on multicoiler (6) as well atm. Can't decide on the wire (21 or 18) and number of strands. I can either fit 6 filar #18 on my spools or 8 filar #21. Now, the question is; which will yield better results, 35 firing circuits with #18 wire or 47 circuits with #21 wire?
            I would also like to try "Wilson Coils" but then #18 is out of the question since it won't leave me any room to fit an extra winding. I think this is leading me towards the answer to my own question

Vtech
            Last edited by blackchisel97; 05-04-2011, 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling
            'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Hi guys.

Ive done multiple triggers before. Can get tricky, but has its merits. One thing that gets annoying is adjusting multiple base resistances on all your triggering circuits. For best recovery I concur with Bits.

@ Chisel, I reckon the 6 AWG 18, you will push a bit more current and have to tune accordingly, but it will be a more powerful charger.

Regards
              "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Originally posted by ren View Post
                Hi guys.

Ive done multiple triggers before. Can get tricky, but has its merits. One thing that gets annoying is adjusting multiple base resistances on all your triggering circuits. For best recovery I concur with Bits.

@ Chisel, I reckon the 6 AWG 18, you will push a bit more current and have to tune accordingly, but it will be a more powerful charger.

Regards
                Thanks ren I appreciate your advice.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Has anyone tried putting some "slave" coils in series or combinations?

The Bedini Multicoil schematic I have has them all in parallel....with each coil having it's own transistor....

Any thoughts?

Hopes and Dreams....

Todd

Comment

BTW, here is the circuit i wrote about:

Its two SSG circuits, one with a PNP and one with a NPN
                    this makes it possible to connect two (or any even number of) SSG's in series
                    and then connect them into a ring like an Ouroboros
                    each battery will then work as both a driving and a charging battery

/Hob
                    Hob Nilre

Comment

BTW, here is the circuit i wrote about:

Its two SSG circuits, one with a PNP and one with a NPN
                      this makes it possible to connect two (or any even number of) SSG's in series
                      and then connect them into a ring like an Ouroboros
                      each battery will then work as both a driving and a charging battery

/Hob
                      Hob, are you planning to expand this according to the Norse mythology - serpent Jormungand Just kiddin'. But seriously, interesting concept. One thing I'm not sure about; what battery may say to that? He will be pulled and pushed. Capacitor wouldn't care but ions may get dizzy. Just a thought.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                        Hob, are you planning to expand this according to the Norse mythology - serpent Jormungand Just kiddin'. But seriously, interesting concept. One thing I'm not sure about; what battery may say to that? He will be pulled and pushed. Capacitor wouldn't care but ions may get dizzy. Just a thought.

Vtech
                        Yes, Im aware of that,
                        capacitors instead of batteries is probably better,
                        maybe each cap connected to a battery in parallel through a diode?

/Hob
                        Hob Nilre

Comment

Yes, Im aware of that,
                          capacitors instead of batteries is probably better,
                          maybe each cap connected to a battery in parallel through a diode?

/Hob
                          I thought of that but there is another problem. In such configuration we're extracting negative energy and feeding into the battery. This is fine but same battery, charged with negative doesn't work well as primary, powering SSG. Therefore, negative would need to get converted (in a cap) into positive before being discharged into the battery.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                            I thought of that but there is another problem. In such configuration we're extracting negative energy and feeding into the battery. This is fine but same battery, charged with negative doesn't work well as primary, powering SSG. Therefore, negative would need to get converted (in a cap) into positive before being discharged into the battery.

Vtech
                            I'm not so sure about the "negative energy" being anything special
                            other than being "upside down" in a standard SSG circuit schema
                            which makes it cumbersome to harvest
                            thus the special charging battery
                            or the cap that be dumped to driving battery
                            I don't believe in anything magic about the "negative energy" other than that

/Hob
                            Hob Nilre

Comment

I'm not so sure about the "negative energy" being anything special
                              other than being "upside down" in a standard SSG circuit schema
                              which makes it cumbersome to harvest
                              thus the special charging battery
                              or the cap that be dumped to driving battery
                              I don't believe in anything magic about the "negative energy" other than that

/Hob
                              No, I'm not referring to a magic either but I found that negatively charged batteries are formatted differently and i didn't found them working well as a primary/source/input in SSG energizers. Also, I do remember John Bedini saying the same thing, that if you want to swap batteries back and forth they should be charged with positive. Perhaps someone can jump in and clarify this. (Bit's, John K, Matt, Stevan.C, Ren? anybody?) It is just my observation, not an attempt to create a new theory.
                              I would like to try your idea in practical way.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                              X