PC & Handheld DSO recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC & Handheld DSO recommendations

I'm curious of people's likes, dislikes and opinions of the available PC and heldheld DSO's available. Obviously we would all love to have the best, but in the interest of those who can't afford the very best, which units are found to be good value?

Thanks for your input.
    Kyle
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Hi K, This is the one I just got I havn't had it longer than one day but it seems to work good-

Pocket-Sized Digital Oscilloscope (2.8" TFT LCD Module) - eBay (item 200475224453 end time Feb-16-11 06:56:47 PST)

That is the seller that I bought from and shipping is free, the seller is good, I will use them again no probs. If you buy from ebay be sure and check the postage costs before buying, sometimes they put huge postage costs on, but not this buyer.

I also got a big analogue scope from ebay (low end) but that was an auction i was lucky to get it for $80.00 Aus

I can't personally recommend the nano because I only got it yesterday.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by kcarring View Post
      I'm curious of people's likes, dislikes and opinions of the available PC and heldheld DSO's available. Obviously we would all love to have the best, but in the interest of those who can't afford the very best, which units are found to be good value?

Thanks for your input.
      Kyle
      There was one mentioned at the Bedini SSG Yahoo group for $49.95 US about
      a month ago. The same one at solarbotics.com (Calgary, Alberta Canada) was
      $99.95.

I would like to know about the PC based ones, looked like Lidmotor had one in
      one of his videos. I think they are kind of pricey.

FRC

Comment

Originally posted by kcarring View Post
        I'm curious of people's likes, dislikes and opinions of the available PC and heldheld DSOs available. Kyle
        Hantek make interesting USB devices for the computer:
        Products List_Hatek Electronic co.,Ltd._http://www.hantek.com.cn

Comment

I use the Hantek DSO 2150 (60MHz) dual channel, works GREAT

Comment

Another vote for Hantek

I use the dso-2250 and it works well for all my needs.
            Brian

Comment

i am new to oscilloscopes, but need one as well.

looking at the DSO nano - ebay above-, it says that the max input voltage is 80V.

what happens when you hook it up to something with BEMF at 120V or higher?
              will is just cut the spikes down to 80V, or fry?

also had a look at the sound card versions, but they are limited to 3V.

add:
              i just read about X1 and X10 probes.
              with an X10 probe, would the above mentioned scope be able to handle 800V?
              Last edited by aussie; 05-07-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

For under $600 all in I got a DSO off E-Bay with 200Mhz B/W and 1GS/s. Did a little bit of searching and got the best deal of seller: eelab

Not exactly a handheld but VERY portable.

It works very well, super easy to use and the fact that its digital and does easy screenshot's and tons of other fancy stuff including PC connectivity makes me smile.

I had a PC based DSO before hand that worked well but I sold it because I didnt think the sample rate was allowing me to see the real spike levels in my Bedini... For the most part I was wrong but dont regret the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                X