No announcement yet.

How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks JORDAN14 you are encourage me to start biuld and testing. Thanks my friend and i hope continue see more updates from you

Comment

• Greeting!
      I done separation of my product, for this purpose I made a separator in industrial style, not sure does it have advantages but they will be probably model as final solution for machine.
      The separation was done in more temperature range, first was separated petrol and gasoline after i measure the weight of main fraction in different temperature. On my surprise fraction cough between 80C and 180C have very uniformly weight about 786-790 gram, the heavy fraction start above 210C with weight 820 grams.
      Min wile i done the research about my catalyst ant temperatures of catalyst tower. If someone want we can discus about separation diesel and reflux tower temperature.

Comment

• GREETINGS.
        what you mean by industrial style? You mean distillation tower?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonathan View Post
          GREETINGS.
          what you mean by industrial style? You mean distillation tower?
          In next days I will write, more, I got corona virus so need to catch up with the job.

Comment

• Greetings, im sorry for you my friend and i hope nothing serious. Get well soon

Comment

• hi jordan 14 i'm interested to discus about separation and reflux tower. i'm trying to start with this project and i found that reflux tower and temperature are important points.

Comment

• Greetings!
                I start to work actively on my machine, there is a lot work before next test which with god help should be successful.
                On design of reflux tower should be put extra attention and to be sure whats ideal temperature for your reflux material as if is not right one will stop all bigger molecules and with that it will be impossible to made anything stronger then kerosene, for my reflux material ideal temperature is 365/370 Celsius degree.

Comment

• New update
                  I have definitely production of some acid, First I thought that oxidation is from reflux material as it have iron in self but now when i de-assemble reactor and look pipe that should be used to back vacs in reactor it have traces of corrosion but this part was newer used only evaporated foams could reach there. Before next burning I will paint all metal surface that can corrode to eliminate as mach is possible various factors.
                  Last edited by Jordan14; 06-25-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan14 View Post
                    New update
                    I have definitely production of some acid, First I thought that oxidation is from reflux material as it have iron in self but now when i de-assemble reactor and look pipe that should be used to back vacs in reactor it have traces of corrosion but this part was newer used only evaporated foams could reach there. Before next burning I will paint all metal surface that can corrode to eliminate as mach is possible various factors.
                    HI JORDAN
                    SORRY i didn't visity the forum so often so i didn't see your last post until today.
                    what's going on with your machine? did you get some good results since this summer?
                    here we did a lot of test with WMO to check our installation and to learn how it run, and then we start with plastic.
                    we did only 2 tests with plastic but we can see that the reactor run totaly differently , nothing similar as oil, and also it's different when we fill the reactor only at 50% or we fill it at 100%.
                    a couple of days ago we used PP plactic and we got some wax in the first condenser, and gasoline in the second one
                    yesterday we used HDPE plastic and we got may be diesel or kerosen (haven't check it yet) in the first condenser and still gasoline in the second one.
                    the first condenser produce something like 4 X more than the second one.
                    as i told we are still learning and testing how to get a better control for the Reactor's temperatur , trying to keep it around 380/450C°, we must pay attention to this point since our furnace is very powerfull , we can easily get 900C° with it in the reactor and that is way too much for this process.

cris

Comment

• Originally posted by crisaga View Post

HI JORDAN
                      SORRY i didn't visity the forum so often so i didn't see your last post until today.
                      what's going on with your machine? did you get some good results since this summer?
                      here we did a lot of test with WMO to check our installation and to learn how it run, and then we start with plastic.
                      we did only 2 tests with plastic but we can see that the reactor run totaly differently , nothing similar as oil, and also it's different when we fill the reactor only at 50% or we fill it at 100%.
                      a couple of days ago we used PP plactic and we got some wax in the first condenser, and gasoline in the second one
                      yesterday we used HDPE plastic and we got may be diesel or kerosen (haven't check it yet) in the first condenser and still gasoline in the second one.
                      the first condenser produce something like 4 X more than the second one.
                      as i told we are still learning and testing how to get a better control for the Reactor's temperature , trying to keep it around 380/450C°, we must pay attention to this point since our furnace is very powerfull , we can easily get 900C° with it in the reactor and that is way too much for this process.

cris
                      Greetings!
                      I'm working hard on machine as now i have more time on winter time, I'm upgrading and will put and 3th stage of oil processing next fire should give wanted product, corrosion was a huge problem, i was forced to dissemble heat exchanger and to rebuild heavily reflux tower, he will be tested before real test to be sure that i'm getting there 360+ temperature. for next test I will not use cyclone, and I will build new kiln around reactor, I'm not happy with efficient of this one it must be wider.

Now about your machine
                      I'm happy that you work hard.
                      In reactor your temperature must be around 420 and 450 everything bellow is not enough to crack heaver chains.if you don't have reflux tower with reflux material you do not need separator condensers as it is not possible to get fraction such diesel or gasoline, you get only heavy oil.

I will more often here, write about your project I'm very interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X