No announcement yet.

How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great work my friend. Are you going to post photos of your system?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonathan View Post
      Great work my friend. Are you going to post photos of your system?
      It will not help a lot, my diagram shows all process part of machine,but however if my machine start to work with God help, I will help others to make own functional machine.
      right now I must project separators for fractions, if you remember on forum if someone put some details I would be grateful.

Comment

• Hi jordan, most poeple i see just doing mixed fuel, i remember there was one doing diesel and petrol from waste oil. But maybe i forget because its years ago. I also biuld one but try once and had proplem with gasket. I had to stop because family member got cancer and i was busy help him. If i remember good each fraction need to be heated for fuel type and need to have catalyst, maybe stainless steel pieces.

Comment

Hi jordan, most poeple i see just doing mixed fuel, i remember there was one doing diesel and petrol from waste oil. But maybe i forget because its years ago. I also biuld one but try once and had problem with gasket. I had to stop because family member got cancer and i was busy help him. If i remember good each fraction need to be heated for fuel type and need to have catalyst, maybe stainless steel pieces.
          Hi Jonathatn!
          I already have catalyst in reflux tower that's why I must rise temperature at 360C, my problem is I made him for amount of 1000t plastic mass but right now I'm around 400kg basically reflux tower is to wide, one of solution is to put cylinder of the middle of reflux tower then reflux will be mostly around wall an it will have better heating, this time I will not playing I'm going to put two additional burner with butane gas.
          I'm sorry to hear for you family I understand you, about gasket I will picture some efficient and cheap one, they can also serve and as safety "valve".
          My machine is relatively big with 3,4 height and take a lot a time to make changes and also they are costly so every test must be well planed.

Comment

Good morning. I want to try black waste oil continous system. Can someone help me about oil inlet pipe,? Inlet feed pipe just goes down the retort vessel? Thanks
            For the start keep the simple, Excalibur represent one very simple and efficient system for waste oil

Comment

• Originally posted by Asad Farooqui View Post
              mixed fuel

Hello ;
              Well MERC is the best of the best , its my dream car, unfortunately its very expensive in my country .

The mixed fuel Ur using has about 10-15% gasoline fraction in it .
              This increases the pour point of the diesel fuel & doesn't let it crystalize in cold .

The viscosity would be ok but did U check the Specific gravity ?
              My mixed fuel gravity was about 780g for One liter.
              after separating the gasoline fraction it jumped to 820g which is quite close to the standard diesel fuel at 840g per liter .

Now this is exactly the same number with my fuel,780g for one liter also I didn't have separator, probably i should separate to see am I right before new experiment.
              For now the goals I must achieve is
              Reactor temperature to increase around 430C
              Reflux tower temperature up to 360C
              To build separators.

Meanwhile I will check once again book about catalyst cracking and to find some material about separators, if someone have some material I would be grateful for sharing material.

Comment

• Jordan14,, sorry for my english.. I already try tests with oil but i want one continous system. But yes i take your advice. I will find time for testing my system i biuld first for plastic and see how it goes.

Comment

Jordan14,, sorry for my english.. I already try tests with oil but i want one continous system. But yes i take your advice. I will find time for testing my system i biuld first for plastic and see how it goes.
                  It is easier on waste oil for the start, Excalibur also have and continuous system ( still exist video and blog), to understand you better draw what you want to build or picture your equipment and I will help you much as I can.

Comment

• JORDAN14 what im thinking is how much small my reactor can be.? As it is continous system i wish i go small as i can. Whats your opinion?

Comment

• The smaller do not means and easier, the minimum should be 100liter as it will never be filled in full capacity, so math say in kiln should be 620C so let walls or reactor have fairly thickness, the reflux tower should content minimum 10% mass of the waste oil but keep that number bigger at least for experiments, and condenser I prefer the horizontal as they do not take a lot place and they are extreme efficient

Comment

• https://youtu.be/5L9t5-HZ3HM i was thinking something like this its looks really small but he dont give you help...

Comment

https://youtu.be/5L9t5-HZ3HM i was thinking something like this its looks really small but he dont give you help...
                          This set up is not even good for demo test, plastic hoses and oversize electric heater for that reactor. first reactor that where represent here had electric heaters but they didn't lost long, so you should look some other source of heating.
                          if you want to start with waste motor oil first you must to deter how much of waste oil you can provide and with this info to made proper size reactor .
                          You can made in start dissent reactor if you read forum and to shortcut many efforts that they/and all of us must go but with their unselfish shared experience we do not mast.
                          Right now I'm reading book where I find all answers that bother me (and which I will share when I finish with documentation) but I also read and forum as all we do improvise so we could get our diesel at the size of own pocket, and reading it help me a lot.
                          Now for sure straight path it is good to use some book or study for base of your knowledge and from forum to source their results and to thrive why they get what they get.|
                          here Excalibur machine his video and his blog it is very simple to build, if you can to understand all processes of his machine then you can and replicate.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SmokeOnTheQuarter

https://diydiesel.blogspot.com/
                          Last edited by Jordan14; 08-31-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Ok thanks for help. Excalibur system is great but my proplem i dont have enough space so thats why i ask for do something smaller. Maybe i try plastic pyrolysis and test if its worth it.

Comment

• JORDAN14 LAST QUESTION PLEASE, I DONT WANT BOTHER YOU WITH MESSAGES. You try use your fuels? Or burn for testing? They do plastic smell?

Comment

JORDAN14 LAST QUESTION PLEASE, I DONT WANT BOTHER YOU WITH MESSAGES. You try use your fuels? Or burn for testing? They do plastic smell?
                                Yes I thrive and drive my car on gasoline and it smell better then state produced gasoline after combustion, you are welcome to ask questions let this tread stay alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X