How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemical knowledge

There is someone in my country that I ask help me to start in pyrolyze method, because he knows this, he's scientific man.
    I receive this email:
    " Vous verrez que ce n'est pas aussi simple à opérer il faut des connaissances chimiques et techniques poussées pour opérer ce type d'équipement."

Must have these Chemical knowledge to be able to operate a pyrolyze system?

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Comment

• Hi dosyl,
      sorry for not replying to your PM. Sure, it would be advisable to know the basic chemistry, but I am certain, that if you read all the posts in this topic, you will learn all the chemistry you need for this project. It is not that hard
      Hope this helps.
      Jetijs
      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Tank's Jetijs

Comment

• how to turn plastic waste into feul chealy

I'M very sory everybody for my english
          dir jetijs
          Your results are impressive with one kg PE you get 0.72 Kg liquid fuel
          Such efficiency is higher than 1 liter crude oil produced in the distillation of the oil company gets only 600 mml liquid fuel
          you use of the catalyst is supplied from china have You got plans to recycle catalyst? Or coke of the zeolites
          thank you

Comment

• hello Jetijs;

I'm attending to do this project as my graduation project, but when I suggested you idea, my professor said that there should be a nitrogen gas enters the reactor and leave it with gases; so that the gasses formed do not explode at the high temperature at their auto ignition temperature, I did not see you saying anything about it, I really really like your structure and the way you explained everything, but what do you think I should say to my professor ? You did not enter any nitrogen gas, did you ??

Comment

• Hi Rahal,
              please read through all this topic, it has already been discussed multiple times and I hate to repeat myself, well, actually I am just lazy. The short version is - no need for any gasses, why? Read the topic and find out. It is really very much advisable to read all the posts through as most of your questions are already answered.

congnghiah4,
              I got aboyt 750mL of fuel from 1 liter of shredded PE. But one liter of shredded plastic weights also about 750 grams, so the efficiency is even better. Don't confuse grams with mililiters. The 750 mL of fuel actually weights around 500mL or something like that. You lose mass in the process, but gain volume due to reduced material density.
              Thanks,
              Jetijs
              It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Thanks Jetijs, I willm thanks for your time

Comment

• how to turn plastic waste into feul chealy

hi jetijs
                  The density of PE was 0.92 kg / liter, but the proportion of you such a highconversion efficiency.
                  According to my understanding of the PE segment cracking gasoline. but thissegment is low density.
                  Such conversion efficiency 1 kg> = 1 liter liquid feul

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
                  ImageShack® - congnghiah4's Profile Page

Above are the results I obtained from my model
                  Products 25% gasoline 95 octane
                  Products DO 45% compared to the raw input
                  index cetan 55.59
                  gas 15%, carbon residue 5%
                  Last edited by congnghiah4; 08-31-2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Hi friends:
                    I have used pumice stones in the refluctor (50% volume) and the catalyst has worked very well imho.
                    HDPE fuel has performed well in a Perkins motor and in an old Bmw.
                    I still don´t have temperature control but I will try to install it soon.
                    I also have to achieve gasoline fraction distillation by heating the obtained oil.
                    Thanks to all members for your help

PD:With the gas we have also run a small gasoline generator but it does not have enough pressure to keep it running further than 4-5 seconds but anyway it seems very powerful

By fibuslitero at 2011-08-30

By fibuslitero at 2011-08-30

Comment

• Here at last is a picture of my reactor. The bottom part is made from a small propane tank . the rest is made up from threaded pipe fittings. It has 2 pressure relief valves, one directly connected to the reactor and the other at the top of the reflux/catalyst tower. I have fitted a small 400w heater to the bottom of the tower and will soon fit a cooling coil to the top. The reactor is covered by and insulated jacket and heated by a propane burner.
                      Last edited by imakebiodiesel; 09-02-2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• pic with a motor+pump

Originally posted by congnghiah4 View Post
                        hi jetijs
                        Such conversion efficiency 1 kg> = 1 liter liquid feul
                        Above are the results I obtained from my model
                        Products 25% gasoline 95 octane
                        Products DO 45% compared to the raw input
                        index cetan 55.59
                        gas 15%, carbon residue 5%
                        Hello :
                        Your reactor unit is very interesting . No details are mentioned with the pics.
                        One picture#855, U posted seems to be of a pump+motor. Kindly explain about it ? Is it a vacuum pump for doing the reaction under vacuum or nitrogen gas pumping unit for putting a nitrogen blanket during the reaction ?

Comment

• Basic feedstock?

26 pages of fascinating & interesting stuff. Could somebody please give me a heads up on the type of PP and/or PE to use. Ive come across reground, granulated, pelleted, high and low grade with allsorts of price ranges from £300 to £600 a MT.

Below is a link of just one of about 20 companies ive been researching.

Polymers plastics PVC nylon PA66 HDPE LDPE MDPE ABS PET uPVC Granules Pellets

Thank you.

Comment

• Temp control

Question: Do I need to control the temperature on the condensers (270C, 95C and 20C)?

Comment

• dir Imakebiodiesel
                              you need to convert WMO into liquid fuel
                              you can use 100% WMO. I can give you a production process
                              efficiency 70% liquid fuel by volume compared to the volume of input
                              fuel in this segment with the proportion 0.82Kg/liter
                              this is my video clip
                              my email congnghia2803@gmail.com
                              http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4069/5g8.mp4
                              Last edited by congnghiah4; 09-01-2011, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• hi

Originally posted by congnghiah4 View Post
                                dir Imakebiodiesel
                                you need to convert WMO into liquid fuel
                                you can use 100% WMO. I can give you a production process
                                efficiency 70% liquid fuel by volume compared to the volume of input
                                fuel in this segment with the proportion 0.82Kg/liter
                                this is my video clip
                                my email congnghia2803@gmail.com
                                http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4069/5g8.mp4
                                Hi, thanks for your contribution, you could put the video into another format to be viewed

Comment

Working...
                                X