How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also zeolites

i may tries some of these as well - i know zeolites come in many different forms and these may not be the rights ones for a cracking catalyst - they are used in fish tanks for ammonia control / soils / etc

Amazon.com: Rena 730A Zeolite Ammonia Remover: Pet Supplies

Amazon.com: Littermaid Natural Zeolite Cat Deodorizer For Single And Multi Cat Households, Fresh Scent, 20-Ounce: Pet Supplies

Amazon.com: Zeolite+ 100% Natural Powder 16oz: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: ZEOMAX Zeolite Turf Aid 50 lb: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com: Lee's Zeolite Cartridge, Disposable, 2-Pack: Pet Supplies

Comment

• catalyst types

Originally posted by extraloud View Post
      i agree that some catalyst are effective in the liquid - at first i had my doubts, but i have read that this is effective in the way you described. Do you have any comments or suggestions to add to the following list - especially the liquid ?
      Hello ;
      Iam testing Bentonite clay as liquid phase contact .Interestingly there are various types of them . check whichone is available locally .

Comment

• Before taking my reactor apart to add the new reflux column, I decided to run a batch through at the lower temperatures. I used 40% PE, 40%PP, 20%WMO and 2% lime. I heated it up to 380C and maintained the highest point on the pipe exiting the top of the reactor at 150C by keeping it covered with a wet cloth. There was no catalyst involved.
        The fuel yielded was a dark orange colour, very clear, very liquid even when cooled, but has now waxed slightly, but not nearly as much as before. The lower temp cracking certainly works and if the addition of a catalyst improves it just a little bit more I think the problem is solved.
        Asad other liquid phase additives might include wood ash and perlite.

Comment

• voltage

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
          Do you have a circuit schematic? As far as I know, then max you can get in delta config (between phases) is 400V. I measured it and there really are 400V at least in this config:

Also in delta (triangle) config. Where did you get those extra 40V? A drawing would be much appreciated.
          Thanks,
          Jetijs
          he very probably get the extra 40V by electricity power grid overvoltage. volunteer overvoltage so at the end of the power grid lines, the company still can deliver a sufficient voltage, example 210V. when the company is said to deliver 240V in our countries, it seldom really meet that (would be over or under)

with huge resistances as you work with, it certainly have an impact.

Comment

• That is an impressive invention! You are such a genius! But I am just curious if your invention can help in reducing the pollution in this planet...
            Affordable Solar Panels|Santa Barbara Solar Panels|Residential solar panels

Comment

• Originally posted by noeladdison View Post
              That is an impressive invention! You are such a genius! But I am just curious if your invention can help in reducing the pollution in this planet...
              Yes it does. It removes plastics from the environment and releases the life giving gas carbon dioxide when the fuel is burned. Life on earth cannot exist without CO2, plants breath it. Check out the carbon cycle.

Carbon taxes are a tax on life itself and global warming is another bankster scam, its not happening. It is the cycles of the sun and earth that causes temperature change on earth.

Real pollution is genetically modified organisms, nuclear fuels and weapons, inorganic chemicals and toxic substances in foods and vaccines (Big Pharma). You will find that the same banksters own and control these industries too

Comment

• Hi Mbrown.
                'Real pollution is genetically modified organisms, nuclear fuels and weapons, inorganic chemicals and toxic substances in foods and vaccines (Big Pharma). You will find that the same banksters own and control these industries too'

Well said, that gets my vote!

Regards, Bren.

Comment

• Wow I want to make one.

I just read this whole thread and am going to try this when I get home in my shop. I can't express how grateful I am for all you're hours of research and expertise. Thanks

Comment

• To jetijs

Hi
                    About vapor cracking, why don't you insulate/heat at controled
                    temp your catalyst container? Then, at it output, Place a reflux condenser/separator.

Actually now, seems your catalyst opterates at low temp + is soaked by liquid reflux. It's not that you want. You want the catalyst do his job, then the eavier part left be returned to the boiler as reflux

Comment

• To Wade (is this you?)

Hi
                      Glad to see you here. Lots of good info here.
                      Gene

Comment

• Using one vessel for both catalyst and reflux is certainly a compromise for the reasons you have given. First the ideal temp for the catalyst is 220C and for reflux 150C. To over come this I have attached a band heater to the bottom of the vessel to maintain the correct catalyst temperature. I have fitted a water cooling coil to the outside of the top of the vessel to keep the exit temperature at 150C. This has worked quite well.
                        There remains the problem of liquid flowing downward over the catalyst, preventing the gas contacting the surface of the catalyst. I cant see a solution to this problem without having separate catalyst and reflux vessels and a separate return for the condensed liquid.

Comment

• I really dont want to get into a discussion of the reality or otherwise of climate change but I think it is worth examining the environmental impact of using waste plastic to make fuel. From a Carbon point of view there is not much difference between fuel from crude oil and waste plastic. One advantage would be that waste plastic is available everywhere and transport would be greatly reduced.
                          The main environmental advantage of fuel from plastic waste is that it would reduce the bulk of plastic being dumped into landfill and particularly the oceans.
                          The EU are presently considering proposals to pay some European fishing boats to stop catching fish and harvest waste plastic from the sea instead. If this plastic could be converted into fuel at the dockside or even on factory ships this could provide a real income, rather than a subsidy income, for a lot of people.

Comment

• Try to make Petrol

At first I only managed to make wax from plastic bags, then what looks and smell like petrol from plastic bottels (not pet). Can you make Wax,Diesel or Petrol from the same type of plastic depending only on temp.
                            Alec.

Comment

• I don't know if this link was posted before but it contains some info on the subject:

Alka Zadgaonkar-- Catalyic conversion of plastic to fuel

Comment

• very useful stuff

Gents, I have been reading this thread for some time now and i must say it only gets more and more interesting.

looks like using a catalyst is the way to go too many advantages over regular thermal cracking.

I'm currently reading the book somebody posted here earlyer and i found that ThermoFuel has a catalyst that does wonders: it cracks and bonds the random polymers so that the bell-curve distribution of the carbon chains peaks at C16.
                                Tutting heavy molecules is what all catalysts do, but bonding light ones into heavyer molecules is something i had not expected.

And here is the punch line...the catalist is NOT consumed NOR deactivated during the process. AND it's METAL (no wonder they use the exaust gasses from the furnace to keep the catalyst at 220C).
                                True...they occasionaly have to strip the catalytic assembly apart and clean the catalyst from fine carbon particles, but still...that's darn impressive.

Now...i wonder what the metal could be...

Comment

Working...
                                X