Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
    Hi Rick,
    do you mean to tap the heat from burned gasses? If so, then this has already been discussed. So far the best way to heat the reactor IMHO would be using a diesel burner that runs on a fraction of the produced fuel, no refining would be needed and it would even run on paraffin. This would also be cheaper, provided you can get used diesel burner cheaply. Also the produced gasses could then be burned along the fuel thus decreasing the fuel consumption. I found used diesel burners for around 130$ rated at 20-34kW of produced heat.
    The next model we will build will be larger so that something around 1 ton of plastics could be processed daily
    Actually I meant tapping the heat produced by my existing boiler's oil burner. If that can't be done efficiently, then the separate diesel burner method you mention would be a good alternative. Into the midst of the heating season here in Maine now, with temperatures hovering near minus 10 Celcius, I currently burn an average of about 8 gallons fuel oil per day. It seems that running your 60 liter per day unit through two cycles (2 days) would give me a head start that I could potentially keep up with on an ongoing basis, as 60 liters = about 16 gallons.

Rick
    Last edited by rickoff; 01-08-2011, 12:08 AM.
    "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
      The next model we will build will be larger so that something around 1 ton of plastics could be processed daily
      Jetijs when do you think you will finish it?

I am seriously considering making a business in Spain out of that (though still no idea of legal implications and whether to sell the diesel or burn it to make electricity and sell the electricity if that is possible).

Cheers.

Comment

• My friend just sent me a link to an Ukraine company that builds and sells pyrolysis units for all kinds of waste processing, including rubber and plastics. Some good info there:
        Pyrolysis plant FORTAN for conversion hard domestic wastes | BIODIESEL CRIMEA ltd
        have a look.

Bugler, I am not sure about that, it all depends on weather, I guess we can start working on this when the snow will melt and the temperatures will rise so that work outside can be done. So far our country is overwhelmed with snow, there hasn't been this much snow since 1938
        It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• First of all I would like to say great work Jetijs and your partner, you have a cheap and sturdy setup there, I have some info that may help you

For clean fuels you need to study this site.
          Iron catalysts work just fine, you just need to change it more often than cobalt and it's not toxic.

Fischer-Tropsch Archive

As for keeping the temperature constant you do just about what you do now, insulating lines is a good idea. (using coils to get the temp down faster and more compact setup)
          PID regulator for the reactor and same goes for each of the condensers.

For higher eff. on your setup you may think about a feeder with a one way valve, you only get downtime when you need to clean out the waste (or screw for that too), "waste gas" nozles at the bottom of your reactor (the PID regulator will compensate for external heat)

Anyway great work!!

H2inICE

Comment

• In hand

Originally posted by bugler View Post
            Jetijs when do you think you will finish it?

I am seriously considering making a business in Spain out of that (though still no idea of legal implications and whether to sell the diesel or burn it to make electricity and sell the electricity if that is possible).

Cheers.
            Hi from Valencia

I have already got this on the go with industria here, as the head there is a friend of mine from the past, will keep you informed

Mike

Comment

• Jetis first of all thank you very much for everything you have posted.

I noticed in the video that you have 3 condensers. My questions are:

1) Why do you have 3 condensers? Is this just for volume?

2) Are the condensers themselves heated or are they just 'air-cooled'. I ask because I didnt' notice any insulation around them in the video or see any means of controlling temerature around the first condenser, but in your latest diagram you have heating coils around the first condenser.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

• Thermal cracking

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                Hi Bandido
                So far we have tried several diesel and liquid fuel burners, they work great with this fuel. We have also tried a diesel genset, also worked fine. And we tried it on one car with diesel engine, that worked fine as the engine warmed up, but till then it had some minor issues of premature detonation because of the high gasoline content. It is also possible to do the thermal cracking of used motor oil, this also turns it into diesel, we have tried that and it works just fine on a diesel car engine. More tests will follow.
                Jetijs, Could you please elaborate on this procedure - thermal cracking of used
                motor oil.

Thanyou

FRC

Comment

• virus

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                  My friend just sent me a link to an Ukraine company that builds and sells pyrolysis units for all kinds of waste processing, including rubber and plastics. Some good info there:
                  Pyrolysis plant FORTAN for conversion hard domestic wastes | BIODIESEL CRIMEA ltd
                  have a look.

Bugler, I am not sure about that, it all depends on weather, I guess we can start working on this when the snow will melt and the temperatures will rise so that work outside can be done. So far our country is overwhelmed with snow, there hasn't been this much snow since 1938
                  Hi Jetis and all, be careful with this site it is infected with a virus, I wonder who put it there!!!!!!!

Mike

Comment

• Lithium Fuel addative

On EFTV DVD 15, Walter Rosenthal Mentions a lithium addative in a very small portion range, (Parts Per Million) that would increase the burn efficency of the fuel for a car, up a nominal range in Miles Per Gallon.

Has anyone else heard of this? Does anyone know where it is from, or where more info might be located on this?
                    I'll review the DVD again when I return home in case no one has. I hope someone can make use of this.

I am considering using a similar addative to add a little bit more 'bang for my buck' into this already low priced fuel mixture. A nominal increase in MPG for the vehicle I would use the fuel in, would be a good application.
                    Or, I was thinking if used in a generator/Heater Setup -- This may increase fuel efficency in either output. Potentially make the mixture burn hotter in a oil burning setup, or get a little more electricity out from the generators. (More energy out, for a very small increase in cost)

Just some more money-saving ideas for others who are interested in this project.

Seems easy enough,
                    ==Romo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostlore View Post
                      Jetis first of all thank you very much for everything you have posted.

I noticed in the video that you have 3 condensers. My questions are:

1) Why do you have 3 condensers? Is this just for volume?

2) Are the condensers themselves heated or are they just 'air-cooled'. I ask because I didnt' notice any insulation around them in the video or see any means of controlling temerature around the first condenser, but in your latest diagram you have heating coils around the first condenser.

Thanks for your time.
                      Hi Ghostlore, those three condensers were intended to separate the fuels, we thought that the heat of the process will be enough, but in reality when the process started, heat went through all three condensers, they were equally hot and as the process neared its end, only the first condenser was still hot. Then we decided that the first condenser should be kept hot and others need to be cooled forcefully with some kind of water cooling. Anyway, this is just needed if you want to separate the fuels on the fly, so far we hadn't any time to make modifications to the unit. A thing my friend noticed is that even if all three condensers become equally hot, the fuel on the last condenser is much clearer - free from carbon dust. As the plastic boils, the vapors bring much carbon particles with them into the first condenser, that is why the first condenser makes black fuel. A good filter needs to be used, preferably a centrifugal filter as the carbon particles are very fine.

Originally posted by FRC View Post
                      Jetijs, Could you please elaborate on this procedure - thermal cracking of used
                      motor oil.

Thanyou

FRC
                      FRC, the procedure is essentially the same, you just pour waste oil in the reactor and start boiling it at the same temperatures, this process is a bit faster, gas output is smaller and the fuel is a bit thicker than that from plastics.

Originally posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
                      Hi Jetis and all, be careful with this site it is infected with a virus, I wonder who put it there!!!!!!!

Mike
                      Sorry Mike, did not know that, my computer does not have an antivirus so I did not get any warnings.

Here is some pictures of the lid assembly with all the grooves visible and some pics of the control box inside.

And here is my friend pouring the fuel into his car

Comment

• Thanks Jetijs

Thanks Jetijs for reply. That answers my question.

@ PetarrII3507
                        I have also seen the video. In it he says the type of lithium in lithium grease.
                        I don't know how you would extract it. Maybe the above Jetijs process might
                        work. I was wondering if lithium carbonate would work. One use for it is the
                        control of manic depression or bi-polar disorder.

FRC

Comment

• Jetijs thanks for the photos and the information.

Do you clean that black dirt after every process? If so how do you clean it?

Thanks.

Comment

• The lithium additive is mentioned from 1h 25min on disk 15
                            The claim for the reaction :
                            ...will release several billion BTU's per pound of Lithium...

...few parts per million...to get several more miles per gallon
                            The name is given on screen from 2h 01min as: Lithium tri-oxide
                            Automotive lithium grease is mentioned as a compound that does work.

Doing a little digging with google and it seams that the additive has been registered as Clean Power - 1 (see: epa.gov/oms/regs/fuels/additive/web-gas.htm)

The following pdf has a writeup about it: http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/arc.../N/N199804.PDF

The patent stated is 4,668,247 (http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat4668247.pdf)

. . .
                            Regular service Signature:
                            Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

• jetijs

check out a company named JBII.

I think they 'are' doing what you are talking about......and they got NYDEC approval to operate their P2O machines.

sounds very much like what you are doing.

FYI

Comment

• Originally posted by bugler View Post
                                Jetijs thanks for the photos and the information.

Do you clean that black dirt after every process? If so how do you clean it?

Thanks.
                                Yes, it is advisable to clean the reactor after each process, but it is rather easy, the charcoal does not stick to the walls very well, a light scrubbing with a wire brush and everything can be poured out.

Comment

Working...
                                X