Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southoz
    replied
    Well after weeks of reading on and off, from start of the thread to current, i have decided to have build my own Pyro machine. Thankyou to all that have contributed to this thread.
    I just wish i had taken notes...
    One more read couple more weeks,then plans --> cost---> build

Once again thanks to all that have contributed their ideas and learnings, I will most certainly share mine when started.

Leave a comment:

• jonathan
    replied
    retort problem

good luck did you post your photos? yes l am working on waste oil burner then l try again my system

Leave a comment:

• Beyond Biodiesel
    replied
    jonathan, it sounds like you cracked your pe, if it did not wax, and it burned well. It sounds like you are ready for the next step.

I too have been working on my pyrolysis unit for over 1.5 years, and the most I have processed in a batch is 20L and my unit is now torn apart for a major rebuild to get to a unit that can run daily back-to-back runs, and moving toward a continuous process WMO distillation system that cracks and fractionates on the fly, then after that will be plastic pyrolysis.

Leave a comment:

• jonathan
    replied
    retort proplems

ok my friend l hope my system work but l am sure oil burner heats more then gas burner l am not imagine that my system do a lot of fuel but if l do 1 liter l will be happy then l will experiment more.l make about 200ml black oil from pe plastic it burn very easy like spirit and make very black smoke.what do you think it is normal that it was black and doesn't turn to wax? maybe l was heating to much? l heat about 15 minutes only

Leave a comment:

• Excalibur
    replied
    Please don't be disheartened because finding the right solutions isn't as easy as it looks. By comparison, I'm on the 6th iteration now with numerous upgrades to each of those along the way. Each of my retorts ended up falling short of being a workable long term proposition but I was able to learn from mistakes and take another step forward. It took nearly two years of spare time to finally make 130 liters of diesel in a single session.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• jonathan
    replied
    retort problem

thanks all my friends thanks excalibur for your study and interest l will do insulation and start from there.l tell you when l try my oil burner l find some oil but l heat about 15 minutes only it was heating to much then l stop it my flame goes down and my retort suck back l close my valve and try with gas burner but l thing it doesnt heat enuogh thanks all of you

Leave a comment:

• Excalibur
    replied
    Jonathan

I studied your picture again and I worry that you may not be able to get enough heat into the retort. 400*C is surprisingly hot! You either need a surplus of heat and be prepared to have some heat bleed off or you need to utilize the available heat in an efficient manner. Hopefully my fears are wrong and you soon present the forum with pictures of golden diesel.

Leave a comment:

• Beyond Biodiesel
    replied
    You are welcome. Every country has scrap dealers, so make friends with the scrap dealers. You might find some of what you need was used for something else before being sold as scrap.

Leave a comment:

• jonathan
    replied
    retort problem

thanks beyond biodisiel l understand thanks for photo l will do it like yours thanks my friend l hope my system works l do a lot of work and in my country everything is expensive thanks for help

Leave a comment:

• Beyond Biodiesel
    replied
    Originally posted by jonathan View Post
    thanks beyond biodiesel its a good idea for the sensor if you have a photo l will understand you more.

Here is a photo of the top of my retort, it shows one TC is taped onto the surface of the lid. It also shows another TC, which is like yours. There is a tapped holes in the lid that does not go all of the way through, so it is a "blind" hole, and the TC that is like yours screws right into that hole. It is very convenient.
    l open my retort today l find that lot of plastic was same as l put them so my proplem was not heating enough.the plastic that is already melting can l heat it agian or l have to remove it? thanks
    Yes, keep reheating it until you get it.

Leave a comment:

• jonathan
    replied
    retort problem

thanks excalibur when l have time l do insulation and check temretures l will upload my result thanks alot

Leave a comment:

• Excalibur
    replied
    thanks beyond biodiesel its a good idea for the sensor if you have a photo l will understand you more.l open my retort today l find that lot of plastic was same as l put them so my proplem was not heating enough.the plastic that is already melting can l heat it agian or l have to remove it? thanks
    Reheat is OK

Leave a comment:

• jonathan
    replied
    retort problem

thanks beyond biodiesel its a good idea for the sensor if you have a photo l will understand you more.l open my retort today l find that lot of plastic was same as l put them so my proplem was not heating enough.the plastic that is already melting can l heat it agian or l have to remove it? thanks

Leave a comment:

• rozier56
    replied
    mtrozier56

Originally posted by megalomax View Post
    Has anybody used LPG tanks as source of fuel to heat the plastic?
    Yes, i currently use LPG gas as my heat source, the trick is to have a high pressure burner and high pressure regulator.

Leave a comment:

• Beyond Biodiesel
    replied
    Originally posted by martijn0001 View Post
    I am Dutch, google didn't help; what's anti gal compound??
    For my "door" to the reator i have a 6" flange with a stainless steel/graphite seal that should be good to 500°C.
    Yes, it is also known as anti-seize. It can be tricky to use. Your 6" flange stainless steel with a graphite seal is great.
    thanks excalibur l have digital tempreture controller but l have proplem with sensor it leaks gas ...
    I use a few of those sensors as well; however, they are all mounted in blind holes in on my retort, so that I do not have to worry about a leak. Those sensors do not have a tapered thread, so they will need a seal against the flanged nut that drives the sensor into a screw hole. You might try cutting to fit a graphite paper seal for that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X