How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about the condenser!

Jetijs condenser is air-cooled heat exchanger. What is the warking area of the condenser3 tube?

-I think, 0.6 m2?!

How long does it to cool 20 liters?

-2 hours!

Now I have a conclusion, air cooler area of ​​1 m2 can condense and cool volume of 16 liters per hour.

Jetijs, am I right?

Comment

• Originally posted by islander View Post
      Yes I could sell some later on. Better directly sent from China.
      I have a Dhl ready to start with the catalizers and other stuff, but guess the stabiliser sample would brobably not be in, So we have to wait...

I Will ask if the china post accepts it as surface parcel to Pakistan and Will let you Know.

The maker does not Like small purchase of course. If other seriously watts to buy from me, please inform.

For newbees : read all the posts from the beginning maybe could help!
      Pût the gazes directly into Water is certainly a way to condense them but need to cool this Water then. I'm afraid this would lead to very high Water content into the fuel, that is very harmful for the diesel injection system. Some solvent produced Will certainly enter in the Water, chat to do with this Water then..
      Nobody uses this way for fuel in the industry
      Thank you so much for answer, but I think the fuel can not be mixed with water, the diesel is very hidrofob and I think in this case water will be like filter for carbon black
      Last edited by HOPE_FOR_HUMANITY; 07-03-2011, 06:43 AM. Reason: error

Comment

• While technically you are right diesel and water do not mix, diesel can and often does contain significant amounts of suspended water. I test about a dozen samples of both diesel and biodiesel every week for my clients and one of the tests is water content.
        The results range from 200ppm ( parts per million) to 2500ppm. Any level above 500 ppm is likely to cause rapid damage to the fuel injection system of a vehicle.
        Condensing the vapours in water would work and would probably help to wash soluble contaminants out of the diesel but it would have to be dried afterwards. Unfortunately drying diesel involves heat and air flow which would hasten oxidation.

Comment

• Diesel plant for sale

Originally posted by diesel View Post
          Hi

Is there anyone building these machines for sale.
          Any help appreciated.
          hello Diesel ;
          I can manufacture waste to liquid fuel (WTL) units.
          if anyone is interested .
          I have full team of fabricators, lathe & electric engineers.
          I have just completed a 100 gallon Batch size unit . Nowadays trial production is going on .
          Iam getting three types of fuel ;
          1) Gasoline
          2) kerosine
          3) Diesel

I learn't a lot from this Honorable forum . I posted my 100-G Baby pictures & details of my plant just go through the previous pages, U will find it all & comments from the community .

Iam based in Pakistan & can ship the plant anywhere in the world .
          For contact send e-mail to ;
          e-mail address = ahl_asadfarooqui@yahoo.com
          Mobile number = 0092-334-3819549

Last edited by Asad Farooqui; 07-03-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• water content in liquid fuels .

Originally posted by imakebiodiesel View Post
            While technically you are right diesel and water do not mix, diesel can and often does contain significant amounts of suspended water.
            Hello Imakebiodiesel ;
            UR just testing only or started making diesel , I pray U started , like to see the pics of your baby on this forum .

Water content in diesel can be easily removed by centrifuging all the liquid fuels , gasoline,kerosiine, diesel .
            Centrifuge machine at 12000 rpm removes all the sludge which can pass through the car oil-filters & water vapors .

It is a standard practice in all the marine-ships to pass the liquid fuel first through a centrifuge than to the engine .

Carbogger told me that the diesel he made from PP after ONE year storage was just passed through a centrifuge and all the sludge,water vapors was out of it & the fuel performance is as good as the freshly made fuel .

So if any polymerization/oxidation has occured it could be CENTRFUGED-out.

Last edited by Asad Farooqui; 07-03-2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by otpadnoulje View Post
              This diesel is look like from gas station, this is WMO product am I right

Comment

• Hi
                Could you send me details of your unit ???

OLOR="Blue"]I can manufacture waste to liquid fuel (WTL) units.
                [/COLOR] if anyone is interested .
                I have full team of fabricators, lathe & electric engineers.
                I have just completed a 100 gallon Batch size unit . Nowadays trial production is going on .
                Iam getting three types of fuel ;
                1) Gasoline
                2) kerosine
                3) Diesel

I learn't a lot from this Honorable forum . I posted my 100-G Baby pictures & details of my plant just go through the previous pages, U will find it all & comments from the community .

Iam based in Pakistan & can ship the plant anywhere in the world .
                For contact send e-mail to ;
                e-mail address = ahl_asadfarooqui@yahoo.com
                Mobile number = 0092-334-3819549

[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Ca(oh)2

http://www.ashdin.com/journals/JFREA/R101202.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by HOPE_FOR_HUMANITY View Post
                    This diesel is look like from gas station, this is WMO product am I right
                    Yes, it si converted WMO. With 4% Ca(OH)2. After distillation 1000 PPM of BHT.

Comment

• What is BHT?
                      To all new members I strongly suggest to read all the post in this topic through. It will take a while, but most of your questions will be answered.
                      Thanks,
                      Jetijs
                      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• I talked with chineese about Diesel stabliser and diesel stability improver

This is the mail that I received

Many thanks for your kind enquiry about the diesel oil stabilizer and diesel oil stability improver dated 4 July, 2011 via trademanager on alibaba.com.

Please kindly note the following information you asked,

1) about the Properties of the diesel oil stability improver

can improve diesel stability effectively, after washing diesel stability and better effects. chromaticity is less than 3.5 Processing catalytic diesel storage 2 months.
                        Diesel yield above 99%, less reagent consumption and recycling without waste agent emissions, reaction generated black oil residue can make fuel, no pollution.

2) About the echnical Index,

Items

Units

Test Method
                        Appearance

Homogeneous liquid and contain polymer coagulant particles

eyeballing
                        Density(20°C, g / ml³)

1.35-1.45

GB/T4472-84
                        PH value

≥10

PH dipstick

3) Usage

Dosage:0.5%--1%;
                        Reaction time:1--1.5 Minutes
                        Precipitation time: about one hour
                        Temperature of reaction: 50℃

4) About the best price for diesel oil stability improver: 902USD/MT, if 25L diesel oil stability improver.
                        5) About the best price for diesel oil stabilizer, 2132USD/MT, that's to say, if 25L diesel oil stabilizer

About the more detail of diesel oil stabilizer, I will immediately send you tomorrow morning.

Many thanks for your kind attention and help!

Anything, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards

Eric

Cell Phone: 0086-136 7335 3234
                        Tel: 0086-371 69067679
                        Fax:0086-371-69067679
                        Email:ericlu198102@yahoo.com
                        Beijing DeHaiBei Sci-Tech Development Co., Ltd

PS. DHL want from me 956$ for delivering, because this is chemical

Comment

• Jetijs, i can't finde overall area/surface of your cooler in meters*2. Please, answer!

It is very important for many of us. Air cooling condenser is the cheapest solution.

We have to know how to make good condensor and phormula.
                          That is why.

Thanks, Jetijs

BHT is C15H24O butylated hydroxytoluene

Last edited by otpadnoulje; 07-04-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply
                            The process is really simple, it is similar to how alcohol is made

Hi all
                            this thread is fantastic,but although all the info is a must i think that we are moving away from what should be something that started that the layman could do,we are now talking about having lathe,s and chemicals,cyclones etc the ordinary person like my self will not have this at hand,please lets get this back to simplicity of how this topic was started..and not make this something that will gradually be beyond most of us....but excellent posts at the end of the day...god bless you all..
                            sorry if i have offended anyone but that is not what i wanted...

Comment

• Originally posted by otpadnoulje View Post
                              Jetijs, i can't finde overall area/surface of your cooler in meters*2. Please, answer!

It is very important for many of us. Air cooling condenser is the cheapest solution.

We have to know how to make good condensor and phormula.
                              That is why.

Thanks, Jetijs

BHT is C15H24O butylated hydroxytoluene

Hi,
                              I really don't know the exact condenser areas, I have not peasured them nor did I calculate anything. I just used what I had, well, the bigger the condenser and the greater the surface area, the better Which setup do you mean exactly?
                              Also, what is so bad about C15H24O?
                              Thanks,
                              Jetijs
                              It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asad Farooqui View Post
                                Hello to Jetijs & the community.
                                I would like to recommed everyone in the forum to go through the book
                                Feedstock Recycling and Pyrolysis of Waste Plastics

someone earler recommended this book on this forum I went through it & it's worth reading . Wealth of info .
                                CHAPTER-15 of the book is the essence of the book .
                                Overview of Commercial Pyrolysis
                                Processes for Waste Plastics
                                JOHN SCHEIRS
                                ExcelPlas Polymer Technology, PO Box 2080, Edithvale, VIC 3196, Australia

5.6 STORAGE STABILITY OF PLASTIC-DERIVED DIESEL FUEL
                                As diesel ages a fine sediment and gum forms in the fuel brought about by the reaction
                                of diesel components with oxygen from the air. The fine sediment and gum will block fuel filters, leading to fuel starvation and engine failure. Frequent filter changes are then required to keep the engine operating. The gums and sediments do not burn very efficiently in the engine and can lead to carbon and soot deposits in injectors and other combustion surfaces.

Diesel fuel made from the thermal cracking of plastics is more susceptible to oxidation and polymerization than refinery-made diesel fuels. This is because plastic-derived diesel fuels generally have terminal unsaturation (i.e. double bonds) at the ends of the diesel chains as a result of the β-scission chain cleavage. Over time free radicals that form in the plastic-derived diesel fuels during storage cause the diesel chains with double bonds (α-olefins) to polymerize resulting in a sludgy sediment also known as ‘gum’.
                                Factors which decrease storage life of diesel:
                                • fuel composition, especially the presence of olefins and styrene monomer in the plastic-
                                derived fuel;
                                • exposure to high temperatures;
                                The ageing process can be accelerated by the following conditions:
                                • contact with zinc, copper or metal alloys containing them. These metals will quickly react with diesel fuel to form unstable compounds;
                                • exposure to dust and dirt containing trace elements, that can destabilize the fuel (such as copper and zinc).
                                The expected life of a diesel fuel is indicated by the oxidation stability test (ASTM D-2276). The test measures how much gum and sediment will be deposited after conditioning the fuel at 120◦C in the presence of oxygen for 16 h. It roughly corresponds to a years storage at 25◦C. A result of less than 20 mg/L of sediment and gum after the test is considered acceptable for normal diesel.
                                In order to improve the stability of synthetic diesels and biodiesels it is necessary to add free-radical trapping additives known as antioxidants (such as DTBHQ, IONOX-220, Vulkanox ZKF, Vulkanox BKF, and Baynox). Butylated hydroxy toluene (BHT) in particular prevents oxidation and radical polymerization reactions that can lead to diesel fuel ageing.
                                The nominal antioxidant concentration required to give diesel fuel an extended storage stability and suppress polymerization, is 1000 ppm (i.e. 1000 mg/kg).
                                HSD Stabilizer (Diesel Stabilizer) additive is a multicomponent, oil soluble formulation, specially designed to maintain the total sediments level in diesel fuel within the specified limits, as per ISO 1460:1995. The additive will ensure that the diesel does not deteriorate on storage and the fuel system is protected from deposit formation and corrosion. The additive consists of three major components, namely:Antioxidant. Fuel oils are subject to deterioration due to oxidation and this occurs both during storage and in service. Oxidation gives rise to formation of gums and sludge.
                                Olefinic compounds produced by cracking are more susceptible to oxidation. Gum is the product of a series of oxidation and polymerization reactions. Antioxidants function by combining with peroxide free radicals and by decomposing hydroperoxides into stable substances. The antioxidants used in the additive are a combination of sterically hindered phenol-type antioxidants.
                                Detergent. The detergent and dispersant, keeps oil insoluble combustion products in
                                suspension and also prevents resinous-like oxidation products from agglomerating into COMMERCIAL PYROLYSIS PROCESSES 403
                                solid particles. Thus they prevent formation of deposits on metal surfaces, oil thickening and sludge deposition. The component used is ethoxylated products of alkyl phenols.
                                Metal deactivator. Metal deactivator prevents precipitation of metal ion oxidation reactions and precipitation of insoluble metal compounds. Metal deactivator in combination with other antioxidants, shows strong synergistic effects. Oxygen and moisture present,
                                diffuse through oil film and cause corrosion. Amine derivative, used in the additive has good water-displacing properties. They impede sludge formulation, disperse sediments and reduce corrosion in various fuel systems.

I would like to hear community experiences about the above article.
                                CARBOGGER says fuel without any additive even after one years storage was still running the engines well ...

Here is BHT

Comment

Working...
                                X