Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    You Need amp meters. Voltage is just voltage and battery can hold alot of power.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• goreggie
    replied
    Self Running Motor

HI, did my 1St Test ...Nice

Ran test on new self running motor

YouTube - self running motor start.wmv

Leave a comment:

• Web000x
    replied
    Originally posted by goreggie View Post
    Hi the rotor was wound with 85 feet of 23ga. had 2 ohms,

1) three 12 volt lead acid Batteries (one was not charged fully only 10 volt)

2) I had 34 volts, started the motor, while the motor was running I got a reading of C1 and C3 which is powering the motor from the battery a steady 34 volts
    3) C2 had 42 volts steady (recovery)
    its works.....
    4) I will bring it up to 72 volts add another generator on it
    will report [ATTACH]8031[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8032[/ATTACH]
    How is it self running?

Are you saying that you are using the recovery and running it back to the primary while disconnecting the batteries?

OR

You have 42 volts on the recovery. Since that is higher than 34 volts input, it has the potential for a self runner?

You are using the Razor scooter motor that Matt posted about?

Could you make a video if it really is a self runner?

Thanks,

Dave

Leave a comment:

• sykavy
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Lindemann View Post
    Sykavy,

This patent has some interesting features, but it does not operate on the same principles as the "Lockridge Device" as I understand it. I had not seen this before. Thank you for posting it.

Peter
    Ok sorry for that. But it is one of the most detailed and long pattens for a device that claims to get more power out than in, and it was hard for me to follow what principle he was using.. I need to study more the Lockridge Device and watch the video a few more times.
    Good work guys!!!

Leave a comment:

• FRC
    replied
    goreggie

That's fantastic, its already a self runner without the generator ? I tried to look
    back through the posts but could not figure out which motor you were using.
    Great work.

FRC

Leave a comment:

• goreggie
    replied
    Self Running Motor

Hi the rotor was wound with 85 feet of 23ga. had 2 ohms,

1) three 12 volt lead acid Batteries (one was not charged fully only 10 volt)

2) I had 34 volts, started the motor, while the motor was running I got a reading of C1 and C3 which is powering the motor from the battery a steady 34 volts
    3) C2 had 42 volts steady (recovery)
    its works.....
    4) I will bring it up to 72 volts add another generator on it
    will report

Last edited by goreggie; 04-03-2011, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• N O G
    replied
    1/2 hp dc motor test

Hi there everyone
    Just wondering if anyone out there has had a chance to pull apart a large dc motor in the 1/2 hp rating range with large commutator and brushes and tried the test that Peter is talking about .. Im still going to get a large motor to do this test when i can but haven't found one yet. Cheers Jason

Leave a comment:

• N O G
    replied
    Magnets

Originally posted by pault View Post
    Hi Jason

Interesting comments. I can actually test this. The place I got my magnets from also stocks larger ones. I can tear off the 3/8" magnets and replace them with physically larger ones, then re-measure the output.

The magnets I'm using are "rare earth" (aka neo's, I think). On the Bedini lists, people seem to shun neos. I'm not entirely sure why. Is it because they have too much flux per unit volume (too narrow a beam)? Is that what you mean by "bigger" - larger surface area, lower flux density, field spread out over a larger area? I guess that I can also do the same experiment with ferrites.

If I'm not mistaken, JB also states that one should never saturate the core of the coil.

thanks
    pt
    Hi there Pault
    Sorry the generator device i was referring to was from John Bedini's first book which Watson copied not the Monopole motor which your talking about .Your spot on with the monopole motor , it dosen't like its cores saturated .The one im talkin about has all the coils in series with all north poles from the magnets facing the coils making a nonlinear ac generator.What you said about larger surface etc is correct . cheers Jason
    Last edited by N O G; 03-30-2011, 08:51 AM. Reason: forgot a letter

Leave a comment:

• Peter Lindemann
    replied
    Interesting

Originally posted by sykavy View Post
    I have watch both videos "Secrets" I & II. I was wondering if this invention is along the same lines because he is playing with induction and reversing polarity mainly to manipulate BEMF
    http://www.rexresearch.com/angelo/us2021177.pdf
    Sykavy,

This patent has some interesting features, but it does not operate on the same principles as the "Lockridge Device" as I understand it. I had not seen this before. Thank you for posting it.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• sykavy
    replied
    I have watch both videos "Secrets" I & II. I was wondering if this invention is along the same lines because he is playing with induction and reversing polarity mainly to manipulate BEMF
    http://www.rexresearch.com/angelo/us2021177.pdf

Leave a comment:

• pault
    replied
    Originally posted by N O G View Post
    Hi there pault
    A while back i played around with small generator setups and found you need large magnets to get good generations because its to hard to get magnetic flux from the magnets into all the coil wires when there small.ive found that when a magnet is larger than the coil it covers all the wires with its magnetic flux producing maximum transfer .The geometry on how to do this transfer is endless .When it come to the best output i liked John Bedini's monopole energizer type with a none linear output . cheers Jason
    Hi Jason

Interesting comments. I can actually test this. The place I got my magnets from also stocks larger ones. I can tear off the 3/8" magnets and replace them with physically larger ones, then re-measure the output.

The magnets I'm using are "rare earth" (aka neo's, I think). On the Bedini lists, people seem to shun neos. I'm not entirely sure why. Is it because they have too much flux per unit volume (too narrow a beam)? Is that what you mean by "bigger" - larger surface area, lower flux density, field spread out over a larger area? I guess that I can also do the same experiment with ferrites.

If I'm not mistaken, JB also states that one should never saturate the core of the coil.

thanks
    pt

Leave a comment:

• N O G
    replied
    [QUOTE=Nofear;135669]Hey Jason,
    I am getting my 1965 chevy starter motor next week. So far I've a Baldor 180V shunt generator. no flywheel yet. The ideal set up would be to have a brushless PM rotor DC motor.

Hi there Nofear
    Whats a Baldor shunt generator ? Canr't we build a generator thats more efficient than common gens out there but mightn't be as compact. Cheers Jason

Leave a comment:

• N O G
    replied
    Shorted coils

Originally posted by pault View Post
    I attached a lid from a plastic pail (11.5") to a small 4" flywheel (approx. 500g, about half of what my numbers show for the sweet spot of this motor). I attached 8 3/8" round magnets (neo, similar to those used in the conference 3pm).

I spun this up with 2 batteries (25V tot) and pointed the magnets into the charging coil from the 3pm (looks like 31awg, approx 1000 turns), reed switch for shorting, FWBR to a 10uF cap. The recovery output went through another FWBR into the same cap. When I tweak the reed switch just right (just past the coil, one end pointed 45 deg. towards the magnets), I managed to charge the cap to 105V in 30 seconds.

E = 1/2 x C x V^2 = 0.055 C

My modified motor needs pulses of about 2A (probably more, since 2A is an average) at 30V

I = Q/t => t = Q/I = 0.055/2 = 27.5msec.

It runs best at 3750 RPM = 16msec.

So this contraption generates enough energy for 2 pulses every 30 seconds (27.5 / 16 =~ 2) or 1/15 pulse per second. I need 62.5 pulses per second, so it looks like I would need 937 of these kinds of coils (plus enough disks to hold magnets).

Unless I've goofed up the math (highly possible), it looks like I should be looking at different generators, or at ways to get more charge out of this kind.

Any ideas? What are other people using for generators?

pt
    Hi there pault
    A while back i played around with small generator setups and found you need large magnets to get good generations because its to hard to get magnetic flux from the magnets into all the coil wires when there small.ive found that when a magnet is larger than the coil it covers all the wires with its magnetic flux producing maximum transfer .The geometry on how to do this transfer is endless .When it come to the best output i liked John Bedini's monopole energizer type with a none linear output . cheers Jason

Leave a comment:

• Nofear
    replied
    Originally posted by N O G View Post
    Hi there Nofear
    Thanks heaps for your explanation on your views of how this works........Here is a motor i just got out of an old paper press roller system that a mate gave me (it made my day). Might carefully take the rotor out and make my own rotor as a starting point .cheers Jason
    Hey Jason,
    I am getting my 1965 chevy starter motor next week. So far I've a Baldor 180V shunt generator. no flywheel yet. The ideal set up would be to have a brushless PM rotor DC motor. but most of them come with thin wired stator windings, probably not really suited for high current pulses. Beside Dr lindemann raise a good point about running the risk of demagnetizing the permanent magnets.

For the motor you would want to have thick wire windings: thick wires--> high current --> high torque.
    I am giving myself three weeks to get this beast running. I'll be posting pictures.
    Something that haven't been said much on this thread is pulsed acceleration on rotating flywheel. somewhere else in the world of free enrgy devices it has been reported that if a fly wheel is winded up with a jerky type rotation...or pulsed acceleration one could get more energy out then what was initially put in. I'll leave it to that for now unless you guys want talk about it. I am just mentioning it because of your observation with the sawing machine and also because of the way the driving motor is being used in the lockridge device context.
    Cheers. Nofear.

Leave a comment:

• Nofear
    replied
    Originally posted by citfta View Post
    Hi Nofear,
    In the original device as best understood by Peter the cap was charged through the 300 watts of light bulbs. This reduced the load on the generator so it was not hit with a surge of current load after the motor was pulsed. Also the flywheel is there to keep the speed of the generator stable between pulses from the motor. Therefore there is no need to disconnect the generator from the cap.

Hope this helps a little.

Carroll
    Hi Carroll,
    Much appreciated...Agree with you brother. All what you've said is correct but keep in mind these extra points and you might see things a bit differently:
    If you look at the lockridge schematic, when the external commutator connects the caps to the motor it is also connecting the generator directly to the motor. In other words, the motor is about to speed up at the same time the generator is developing a revers-torque. That sounds very counter productive to me and Peter warned us about this in his DVD.
    Here's my theory for light bulbs. The charge transfered from the generator to the caps is constant. i.e The current dies to zero once the caps are fully charged. There are many ways you can acheive this: 1) hook up the gen to the cap and blast a huge current which will slow down the gen. But keep in mind that the large current is also short in time. or....2) limit the cap charge current so to NOt slow down the gen but the caps will take longer to charge. In otherwords the small current will be applied LONGER. SO which of the two do you thing would slow down the generator more. the short time/high current or the longer lasting/smaller current?
    I don't have the answer to that question....I just know that we shouldn't lose track of why we are doing this, which is to have some freacking lights. We are not building a lab curiousity, at the end of the day this device has to do some real work. But it help get the theory right.
    After all what has been said, I am still favoring charging the caps with short pulses. even if it has to be few pulses per revolution: So the gen pulse charge the caps via light bulbs about 3 to 4 time per revolution and the last pulse would be the cap dumping the charge to the motor while it is disconnected from the lights and generator.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X