Clear All

• FRC
    replied
    JB's post from Ferris Wheel thread

Note what is said about the Lockridge Device. This would be great if these
    modules become available for sale.

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
    Brent,
    I did say I would build the modules I showed and the response was good on the list, I can not say the price for them yet. But I'm sitting doing a cost analyses at this moment. I will say this, that just one of the circuits can do many things with capacitor dis-charge and that it will out charge any solar charger anybody has, it can also be used as a motor control capacitor discharge free from the power supply and you can operate at any speed. In Fact it will run the Lockridge device as they are all trying to do on that thread. This device took me some time to make because it must be done in Analog and can't be done in digital with out break down. Since it is a discreet device it can be changed at any time for any application. The list at the show had about 88 people on it so if the pricing works out right I will make the circuits running on the GT3 machine for sale.
    John B
    FRC

Leave a comment:

• N O G
    replied
    Lockridge device

Hi there John ,
    Ive been playing around with this little locky i built for a while know and gee you can learn alot from this when doing different types of configurations to it . Im continuing tests with this and going to build a better version soon once i learn some more on the generator side of the motor - i think i got most of the motor side worked out - havent even got to the spike coil side of things but sounds interesting and carnt wait until i find time to built and test some once i get my head around.a few more things On the Lockridge you have are the brushes on the generator side top dead center to the generator coils or are they 180 out of phase - im just trying to work a few things out with the rotor . cheers Jason
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John_Bedini
    replied
    Lockridge Machine

Peter,
    Did you not show the pictures of the Lockridge device at the Conference?
    Sorry if you did getting old now the mind is slipping

The case is completely different then what is being reproduced here.
    The generator is part of the motor in four magnetic fields nn ss and split by slots in the Delco case, capacitor is wound around the case receiving impulse currents in the form of spikes to charge it. The one thing missing from my box of junk is the special tri-filer wound coil that was wound around the top of the capacitor, almost like the SG coil for energy collection. look at the machine working with impulse currents, charge and discharge.
    I had nothing to do so just giving some tips looking through my junk box of parts on Lockridge.
    John

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Matt,
    Peter's DVD is a recording of his presentation at the conference, and we were there for that. So you know what's in the DVD already. I bought it because I need to go over that stuff again and again to make sure everything is straight in my head, and it is a great reference, especially when I am talking to my son, the engineer. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    The generator should step up the voltage on the inner windings. My guess anyway. But I wasn't looking to run an extra load YET!!

No doubt if it even works there will be room for improvement.

I haven't seen the DVD.

Cheers
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• phil.g
    replied
    Matt --

The diagrams in your post #824 are very informative and thought-provoking. The one thing that is missing for me, compared to Peter's circuit diagrams from the DVD, is the resistive element -- i.e., the light bulbs.

So -- how do we extract some useful output from this design? (Not doubting, just asking.)

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by john_g View Post
    Hi Matt

Great progress. Just a couple of thoughts. The era for the lockridge device, I wonder if the flywheel was say a motor-cycle flywheel with a magneto? This could provide HV and maybe step down via a transformer, i.e. the trifiler coil with an over-winding as by me:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post142967

I'm waiting for a 6 magnet BSA ( ex German WW2design) to be machined out to fit onto a 15mm shaft so I can try this concept, but thought I'd throw it into the pot.

Regards

John
    John that may work but you have to make sure the power stroke / output and the magneto are all going to wind up in the storage capacitor at the same time. Sometimes we assume energy moves faster than it does and we don't alot the time needed.

Sounds like a plan though. I would be interested in the results.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by pault View Post
    [This thread is the extension to the Lockridge Device Peter Lindemann thread. This thread is for discussion of the Generator phase of the new device.]

I just need to think on it. The diagram helps a lot. Turion's post about induction generators helps.

Let me paraphrase what I think I see, and please comment if you think I'm in the weeds (or not).

Our mod'ed motor drives (mechanically) the flywheel and the generator rotor.

The recovery output from our mod'ed motor is rectified and smoothed, making it DC.

This DC is fed into the generator rotor winding - this aspect is different from the induction generator described by Turion (if I understood correctly, Turion's device did not apply input electricity to the the rotor nor to the stator, relying only on residual magnetization to get the ball rolling).

The high-V from the rotor is re-rectified (is this actually necessary, or will one diode be enough? 'Scope may tell.).

The low-V from the stator is rectified.

The high-V and low-V outputs are connected in series and simultaneously dumped (via switching / commutation) into a cap, which feeds back into the input of the mod'ed motor.

I'm willing to give this a go and report back (when my flywheel arrives).

My motor is different than yours - I've got the 2-pole motor and the mod is a single winding.

I guess that I have to strip another armature and wind it in the same manner as the motor (one coil across the axis of the armature), but with different (very thin) gauge.

I can even scavenge the armature and case that no longer have brushes (since I cut them out and used them as recovery brushes).

The magnets look like they're really glued in. I don't know if I'll succeed in knocking them out with the tools I've got at hand. Is it OK to substitute with a cardboard tube or something - we don't actually need the case to be metallic?

thanks
    pt
    Yes it has to be metal. You need that flux density to generate.
    Everything else you are right on.

One more thing the High V and Low V are not connected into series they dump into a bridge and the bridge's are in series.

Matt
    Last edited by Matthew Jones; 06-09-2011, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    [As was requested, I started another thread for the generator and put my questions there. pt]

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post143699
    You didn't need to do that. I think discussing a generator to put on the motor will be acceptable.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• pault
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
    [As was requested, I started another thread for the generator and put my questions there. pt]

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post143699

Leave a comment:

• john_g
    replied
    Flywheel - Motor Cycle?

Hi Matt

Great progress. Just a couple of thoughts. The era for the lockridge device, I wonder if the flywheel was say a motor-cycle flywheel with a magneto? This could provide HV and maybe step down via a transformer, i.e. the trifiler coil with an over-winding as by me:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post142967

I'm waiting for a 6 magnet BSA ( ex German WW2design) to be machined out to fit onto a 15mm shaft so I can try this concept, but thought I'd throw it into the pot.

Regards

John

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Thanks for the inspiring in-depth discussion. You're right, I'm going to need to ask questions, after re-reading it a few more times and mulling. Later today, I hope.
    thanks
    pt
    Your Missing what I am saying. I think??

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
    Sounds interesting, how do you do that? could you post a simple circuit so that I can understand the concept?
    Or is it like Peters regenerative circuit with a capacitor in parallel at the source separated by a diode?
    Sorry if this is taking things at a tangent but you were the one to bring it up.
    I have 2 circuits posted. One is the complete ciciut and the other is the gen circiut.

So you have to follow me through the circiut. And remember this is pure theory at this time but SO WAS THE MOTOR at one time.

We are going to start at the 120 VDC input of power into the motor. This is important. Most ya'll going to say 120 vdc is alot of voltage. But the higher you go the less amperage you'll use. Potential is easy to make or recover amperage is not.
    1. We charge the motor and it spins.

2. The coil in the motor then gets charged from passing the magnets in the motor and we relieve it of that charge into the high voltage capacitor. We also convert it back to DC before the cap.

3. Now follow the wire into the generator on Gen.Rotor input. Look at the second diagram you can see what happens. The output from the motor that we stored in the High voltage capacitor is then sent through the Generator to induce a charge onto the winding of the generator.
    Now this part is critical because we are not wanting to charge the generator's coil to high voltage we want a REGAUGING at this point. We want to generate more amperage on the Generators coils then exist on the rotors coils. So the winding ratios are going to be different from rotor to stator.
    ALSO we have to have the Rotors coils charged at the same time the motor fires, so any Lenz that shows up gets pushed through by direct power on the motor. Remember the motor only fires for a brief time.

4. Now the part that makes the rotor charge is the "Timed Switch". With this switch we have effectively made a Buck/Boost circuit (Look it up). This will step up the voltage we have a bit so that it is higher than the voltage we started with.

5. Now here's the magic. We mix the High voltage coming out of our rotor with amperage coming off the Stator. We do this by serializing 2 bridge's
    This prevents the High voltage and High Amperage from MIXING at the source.

6. Then we charge the storage cap and route that charge back to the origin. This might require more switching I haven't thought it through because its really simple to see once the rest of it starts working.

So I hope your following me now. If not speak up and point me to the part your having trouble with.

Now lets talk about what use.

Since we already have plenty of cheap scooter motors around and they are going to line up as long as the motor case and gen case are the same type.

What we can do on the rotor is wind 4 coils in parallel and hook them 180 degrees out on the commutator. This will make our switch and our rotor coil.
    Next we knock the magnets out of the case and replace them with some FLAT coils of something like 20 turns of number 12 awg.
    This is the experimental part.

We may want Peter to chime in with his opinion on the subject. If he doesn't show up in a couple of days I'll remind him were here.

I know every AC generator uses a small 12 volt homopolar generator inside to produce a current on the windings to make a larger current. I am not sure if it is possible to use a higher voltage with smaller current to make lower current in a generator, but my best guess is it is possible.

So thats MY experiment number 4 if anybody wants to take it on. And if you get it built please just share what you have done to accomplish or fail for that matter.

Thanks
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Matt, you know me. I'll build anything. On my way out now to pick up a couple squirrel cage motors from the junk yard. They can be had for about $5.00 each. For those who have never messed with them, here's a little info that helped me out the first time I played around with them.

Induction Generator

Peter, I see this as the next logical step, but we should probably take the results of our work on this to a new forum and leave this site for the construction of the motors. Matt, do you want to start that thread?

David Bowling

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
    Yes they can be summed together from 2 different sources. But it has to be done in the same time . You cannot charge a cap with high voltage then charge it with low voltage at a higher amperage. Both the amperage and the voltage must discharge at the same time.

The key is how to mix them.

If you have what I have then whats happening is you fire the motor. The energy you fire go's to ground. Then windings pass the magnets in one direction and make a pulse they turn 180 degrees and pulse again. This creates somewhat of a sine wave on the scope.

Now if you want to add amperage from another source the output of the generator that makes it has to make it in the same time frame or all the time.

All the time is going to drag the motor down unless you use a means that does not hinder your mechanical energy via Lenz. (*We'll get back to this)

The 2 sources of power also do not need to mix within the source. IE...2 batteries in serial are a mix in the source..
    You can accomplish this by adding an equal bridge rectifier to the output of both the generator and the motor. Then you serialize the 2 bridges. This keep each power source independent of each other. But the power accumulates.

So if the motor is dumping 100 volt at .01 amp and the generator at the same time is dumping 2 volt at 4 amp, granted they do it in the same time frame, and you serialize the outputs (NOT COUNTING DIODE LOSS) you have have 102 volt at 4.1 amps.
    Just like 2 batteries in serial.

So you need to test to prove to yourself this can happen. But you do not have a low drag generator YET.

Matt
    Sounds interesting, how do you do that? could you post a simple circuit so that I can understand the concept?

Or is it like Peters regenerative circuit with a capacitor in parallel at the source separated by a diode?

Sorry if this is taking things at a tangent but you were the one to bring it up.

Leave a comment:

• pault
    replied
    Thanks for the inspiring in-depth discussion. You're right, I'm going to need to ask questions, after re-reading it a few more times and mulling. Later today, I hope.

Some points that come immediately to mind:

a) The "classical" solution to generating high current from high voltage is to use a step-down transformer. PowerOut = PowerIn - SomeLosses. This is where I was heading. I tried a monopolar rotor attached to the motor, inducing voltage into a coil. Then I added a shorting-coil reed switch and the generated voltage jumped way up. My test 12V (not mod'ed) drive motor was generating 100V into a cap. I was wondering, if I had enough coils around the disk, whether I could generate enough power into a step-down transformer to satisfy the pulsed current needs of the motor.

b) No idea where this is going but ... on the surface, Lenz' Law looks like the magnetic equivalent of BEMF. Peter showed us how to harvest BEMF. Is there a trick for harvesting Lenz? Lenz doesn't happen if the circuit is open. Lenz (?) causes a harvestable spike in a short circuit.

c) The Romero thread on EF appears to have found that drag is reduced if you short the coil at precisely the right moment.

thanks
    pt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X