Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiwater
    replied
    Mbrownn, Thanks for your response. Ive been trying something along the lines as your saying Trying to keep the rotor magnetised and by reducing the feild coil voltage on the winding so that it takes a little voltage and turns it in to all amps from the armature, which is then again induced on the feild coil windings at the collapse. the more we work with this, the easier it is to understand what to do next. Not because it didnt work but the fundamental building blocks, to the next stepin the process to make it work. Let us reason together. Thanks Hiwater

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    [QUOTE=Hiwater;175996]
    Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
    I think the opposite is true except the energy is coming out in a form that is not what the motor wants. Motors want current and we have volts.[/QUOTE mbrown. I agree with you .the energy coming back out of the system could be AC ,but is out of phase. So has to be rectified and phase changed for it to be introduced back to the motor again. These are my thoughts from what i have experienced on working with this. Im open for sugestions. Thanks.
    It is simpler to produce AC oscillations and a Universal motor can run on AC but I believe there are greater iron losses as the poles switch. Universal motors have poor efficiency (35% on AC), that is why they quote their efficiency under PWM (70%). My Bipolar switched DC circuit will work with permanent magnet motors which tend to be more efficient. One problem with the high voltage in my circuit may be demagnetizing the permanent magnets so that is something to look out for.

With a motor it is only the current that produces the torque so if the motor is adjusted for any phase shift it should not be a problem, we can do this by rotating the brushes.

Effectively what I am doing is PWM with energy recovery to lower the input, sort of recycling, but it does not matter if the current is from the input or recovery it still produces torque. I am studying methods of causing current flow in coils to try to "trick" the motor into using lower voltage currents. After the initial high voltage spike in the recovery, the voltage is much lower than what would be required to get the current to flow but the current does flow. If i precede the pulse with a high voltage spike this may help in lowering the impedance allowing the motor to be powered with a lower voltage pulse. I don't think there will be an energy gain by doing this but it means that the voltage of the pulse itself can be lower and we get the current we need on high frequency.

When I first started this I thought it would be fairly simple like a Bedini now I realize that its not so simple.

Leave a comment:

• Hiwater
    replied
    [QUOTE=mbrownn;175937]I think the opposite is true except the energy is coming out in a form that is not what the motor wants. Motors want current and we have volts.[/QUOTE mbrown. I agree with you .the energy coming back out of the system could be AC ,but is out of phase. So has to be rectified and phase changed for it to be introduced back to the motor again. These are my thoughts from what i have experienced on working with this. Im open for sugestions. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• FRC
    replied
    pault good idea

Originally posted by pault View Post

It finally dawned on me that a very good flywheel can be made using a 20-inch bicycle wheel and gluing weights to its perimeter. If the weights happen to be ferrite magnets, you could drive coils with them and voila - a generator. If you go back in this thread, you should find my quickie experiment where I drove a single coil with a makeshift flywheel and used a shorting reed switch to pump a cap up to something over 100V.

pt
    I was thinking of using one of the motors as a generator by extending the shaft to house a window motor. Your idea would be better, as both flywheel and generator, exploiting the inertia of the movement of the wheel. With the right commutator setting between freewheeling and motor pulsing, it should work.

George
    Last edited by FRC; 01-15-2012, 03:28 PM. Reason: punctuation

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by tournesol View Post
    The more we pulse, the more we loose efficiency, it's obvious!
    Since Peter refuse to communicate in order to explain deeper his model, this would remain a pure waste of time.
    Free energy must be find in new electrodynamics (the work of bearden is an example) and will never be found using classical physics tools or model.

The results presented in his video were obtained by his theory, not by practice, stay tuned.

Come back to my posts, even if my english is not perfect and even if I certainly made some mistakes and rude estimations, the explanation is there.

I'm waiting for your comments and critics

Open source is the only way for the liberation of free energy
    I think the opposite is true except the energy is coming out in a form that is not what the motor wants. Motors want current and we have volts.

Leave a comment:

• tournesol
    replied
    The more we pulse, the more we loose efficiency, it's obvious!
    Since Peter refuse to communicate in order to explain deeper his model, this would remain a pure waste of time.
    Free energy must be find in new electrodynamics (the work of bearden is an example) and will never be found using classical physics tools or model.

The results presented in his video were obtained by his theory, not by practice, stay tuned.

Come back to my posts, even if my english is not perfect and even if I certainly made some mistakes and rude estimations, the explanation is there.

I'm waiting for your comments and critics

Open source is the only way for the liberation of free energy

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    I forgot to tell you, you will need to close the simulator between each link you click on otherwise you will not see the new circuit.

To keep the Iron losses to a minimum we want to keep the motor on DC but osculating to try and increase the power so we need some type of resonant circuit to do this. This lead me to a small discovery and I will lead you through the steps to achieve it.

I looked at Bedini style recovery from the motor, we know we can recover energy this way. Circuit Simulator Applet But I thought about how we could feed this back to the source and loop the circuit. as we have been told we cannot do this, well we can.

If we send the inductive kickback back to a capacitor in the supply line, we can use the energy recovered to power the next pulse with a little top up from the source but to do this we have to use Bi Polar switching, that is switch both sides of the coils in the motor. Circuit Simulator Applet

Now our input power has dropped to 2.5 watts but we have lost some of the current duration on the recovery. To regain the current duration on the recovery we have to increase frequency to 10kHz but now the power in the motor and current flowing is so low that the motor will not run so we have to increase the applied voltage too. Circuit Simulator Applet

The motor specs I have used are for a 12v 100w motor that would have drawn 8.3 amps to give its rated torque and power, now lets adjust the voltage so that the power oscillating in the motor is around 100w average. This will mean that the peeks will be 200 watts as we have a saw tooth waveform. Our limit of 100 watts power is dictated by how much heat the motor can dissipate. Circuit Simulator Applet

Now we have our 12v 100w motor running on 134.5v at 100w but what is our motor output?

If our motor was 35% efficient, on 12v 8.3 amps it would have given us around 35 watts mechanical power but now through our special PWM we have a triangular waveform of 1.58 amps. This gives us 35 watts divided by 8.3, multiplied by half of 1,58 which is 3.33 watts

On the face of it we have gone completely the wrong way buts lets think about this. We have an input of around 6 watts and an output of just over 3 watts and 200 watts oscillating in the motor. We do have our power multiplication but it is in volts and not current as we need.

What do we need to do to turn high voltage low current osculations into low voltage high current osculations? A TRANSFORMER Obviously this is a function of the Lockridge trifilar coil.

So while this theorizing seemed to be going the wrong way, maybe it isn't all a waste of time. It is obvious that this circuit is not going to give us what we want but it is showing us a possible solution.

Thanks to Steven Jones I have been able to purchase some equipment to test this theory. Pulsing a 12v motor like this did produce a lot of heat and no power, more heat than the power I was putting in, but now I am trying the same thing with a 220v motor. a motor that produces more torque on the same current because there are more turns on the coils. If the motor was designed to run 0n 135v at 1.58 amps at 35% efficiency we would have 70w of mechanical output for an input of 6 watts. My new motor is rated at 220v 2kwatts

I will post some more soon but i have to go eat hehe

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Now if we replace the tank circuit capacitor with a diode we have the basic circuit used to get higher efficiency on pulse width modulation.

Circuit Simulator Applet

The problem here is that the extra magnitude has gone

If it was this simple I am sure everyone would have done it by now but of course it isn't. Our problem is in the way a motor produces torque, Voltage has no effect on motor torque but amps do. The more amps we have the more motor output we have.

So when we look at both these circuits we find at best we have doubled the duration of the amps thus increasing our 35% efficiency motor to 70% efficiency.

Playing around with this I believe that there is more power in the motor with the first circuit as more heat is generated but as the motor is now running on AC we loose some efficiency too because of increased Iron losses.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    mbrown,

I have a 12 volt motor I have modified as Peter described, except that I have only one set of brushes. Two sets are not necessary. It is possible to input voltage and collect the spike on the same wire with proper switching using a small microprocessor. I have increased the wire size so that it can run at higher voltages. I didn't see where you have posted your circuit, but I will go back through the posts and see if I can find it. I would be interested in using the motor to replicate your circuit.
    Ok, I will release some of the stuff I have been working in on this thread.

The first circuits are without the trifillar coil for two reasons

1 To make it simpler and so you can understand the principals and direction I am going

2 I am beginning to realize that that this coil could have been used in more ways than I thought.

We all know that putting a coil in resonance increases the magnitude of the energy in the coil. This is the first part of the principal, to get an increase in magnitude when compared to the input

This first circuit represents a Universal motor being pulsed with a 50% duty cycle Circuit Simulator Applet

The supply is 12v
    The 100mF capacitor is just there to smooth the input so we can get an easy reading of input power.
    The 300m ohm resistor is to represent the battery impedance
    the 250m ohm resistor is to represent the motor resistance
    The two diodes and 6v batteries are to represent BEMF with the motor being fully loaded

The output is the motor power not including any losses (except BEMF) so with a universal motor that is only 35% efficient you can multiply this by 0.35 to get motor output power. A Permanent magnet motor is usually 50 to 70% efficient.

The input is 3.26 watts and the output is 4.23/2 = 2.115 watts with big inductive spikes

Now close the switch and see what happens

We now get a second input of energy that comes from the coil field collapse oscillating in a tank circuit. This causes more output power for no increase in input power and its magnitude is greater than the input.

Leave a comment:

• pault
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    mbrown,

I have a 12 volt motor I have modified as Peter described, except that I have only one set of brushes. Two sets are not necessary. It is possible to input voltage and collect the spike on the same wire with proper switching using a small microprocessor. I have increased the wire size so that it can run at higher voltages. I didn't see where you have posted your circuit, but I will go back through the posts and see if I can find it. I would be interested in using the motor to replicate your circuit.
    I've been trying to follow mbrownn's posts. I think this is the last schematic he posted:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post162546

I wasn't understanding what mbrownn's point was, but, now maybe I do.

Peter's design used two sets of brushes. The first set to pump current into the windings and the second set to recover the current.

You could do the same thing using only one set of brushes and a switch. During the first half of the commutation, you pump current in, then hit the switch and recover the current during the second half of the commutation. The only problem to solve is how to synchronize the switch with the commutator, i.e. to hit the modified windings with current at the very moment they make contact with the commutator.

Then, of course, it is possible to go down the path that mbrownn is going (iiuc) and think about using an unmodified motor with all of its (series) windings in place, pulsing the current in and recovering it at your pleasure. This method (probably?) doesn't require synchronization with the commutator, since it will always be in contact with some part of the windings (is this correct? I need to think about it more).

I still haven't sussed out what mbrownn is thinking regarding the trifilar coil (which was encased in the capacitor in the original device, iiuc).

A tangential point: while waiting for a flywheel to be made, I've been re-viewing Peter's video (some 20-ish times, getting something new each time).

It finally dawned on me that a very good flywheel can be made using a 20-inch bicycle wheel and gluing weights to its perimeter. If the weights happen to be ferrite magnets, you could drive coils with them and voila - a generator. If you go back in this thread, you should find my quickie experiment where I drove a single coil with a makeshift flywheel and used a shorting reed switch to pump a cap up to something over 100V.

pt

Leave a comment:

• FRC
    replied
    Good to see

Good to see someone still at it Turion. I would also like to see mbrown's circuit.
    I agree with him that the motor does not have to be modified. This has been my
    gut feeling all along. I now have four Princess auto 12v motors like the one pault
    modified. Hope to do something with them soon. I have been away from home
    working for the last eight months. Now have some time to try something.

George
    Last edited by FRC; 01-14-2012, 06:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    mbrown,

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by john_g View Post
    Hi Mike

For those who want to use the 12V VW generator as a test bed. Can you give an indication how many bars ideally we should have on the additional commutator? The VW has as standard 30 bars.

Also should the VW gen be wired in series?

Regards

John
    Good question.

If wired in series we get higher inductance in our coils which allows for slower switching but unfortunately that gives us higher resistance and more losses.

Leave a comment:

• john_g
    replied
    Hi Mike

For those who want to use the 12V VW generator as a test bed. Can you give an indication how many bars ideally we should have on the additional commutator? The VW has as standard 30 bars.

Also should the VW gen be wired in series?

Regards

John

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    That's the problem with commutative switching, as the motor slows under load the power increases and you get that familiar smell, a fried motor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X