Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web000x
    replied
    P.S. Those references to Steinmetz, Dollard, and the Russian Paper that I gave are not mathematical speculation. All three sources have conclusions based off of experimentation. There seems to be a common theme to where the energy is coming from. Parameter variation at harmonics of the fundamental frequency... How is the Lockridge device exhibiting a harmonic parametric function?
    Last edited by Web000x; 01-25-2012, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FRC
    replied
    resonance

Resonance seems to be the theme in a lot of the threads around here lately.
    Peter Davey, Donald Smith, and here with mbrown's approach. I like Webooox's
    observation about the original Lockridge device. Like JB noted a while back, what
    was being done on this thread was much different than the original device was.
    But if we can get the desired outcome it does not really matter how it is done as
    long as it works.

George

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    For those that have been following my work on the Lockridge trifilar coil you will know that I believe it to be the device that allows an off the shelf motor to work in the circuit. This video shows exactly what I am looking for. It transfers high current at low volts from a coil that is oscillating in high frequency high voltage resonance without killing the oscillation. It is also interesting to note that the motors inductance does not have any effect on the circuit either.

I recommend you spend some time studying this for sure. fun with lcs - YouTube.

Is it the break through, I'm not sure, but it looks like it may be

Leave a comment:

• garrypm
    replied
    Guys,

Part of the answer is here -

STARGATE MOTOR FULL DEMO - YouTube

Not to mention his selfrunners

Garry
    Last edited by garrypm; 01-25-2012, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Web000x
    replied
    mbrownn,

I have an idea about the Lockridge device. It may be way off mark, but it is right in line with Eric Dollard, Steinmetz, and a Russian paper titled "Concerning the Excitation of Electrical Waves Through Parameter Changes" (translated).

The case of the Lockridge generator had two slits cut down the side. This effectively isolates the two section of the generator. As the magnetic field is rotating, the saturation of the iron of each section begins to happen at twice the frequency or harmonics thereof (depending on the number of poles). This saturation causes a change in reactance. Mr. Dollard seems to think that energy synthesis happens via parameter changes at harmonic frequencies.

Read Charles Steinmetz's book "Theory and Calculation of Alternating Current Phenomena" 1900 Edition, chapter XXI "Reaction Machines" for more info. Not all editions have this chapter so it must be 1900 ed.

Again, just something that I have been thinking about and wanted to share,

Dave

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    You may find these circuits of interest but you need to close the aplat between each link or you don't get the new circuit. I have worked on all these over the last four years.

This is a star wound rotor with bifilar stator coils Circuit Simulator Applet

This is a delta wound rotor with biflar stators Circuit Simulator Applet

Just sequence the switches to make the circuits work.

Hiwater and FRC I have looked at both those possibilities too and each have their merits and drawbacks.

Garrypm the original device was a 6v star wound device run on 12v I believe. However I have come to the conclusion that we do not need to go star wound as we can use a separate commutator or PWM.

I have about 50 possible circuits for the Lockridge device, many of which show a gain of energy in the motor coils but that does not lead to motor power as we need current to run a motor not voltage. I am still working on that and it has to be the operation of the trifilar coil that does it

Leave a comment:

• garrypm
    replied
    FRC,

Your "out there" idea may not be so far "out there"

One item that puzzles me somewhat is in relation to the rotor windings -

where can one look to find out if the windings were individual and not a
    continuous one wire?

I think your idea, especially seeing the two slots in the casing, would allow
    the so called capacitor to act more like a "biased" transformer.

Garry

Leave a comment:

• FRC
    replied
    Vw

I was hoping when this thread started that a Vw generator would be used. Since that's what the original German device was. Examining an old six volt
    one might provide more insight. Another thought came to me recently but may
    be way out there. In John Bedini's video about the Lockridge device, it was explained that the capacitor consisting of sheets of copper and meat paper
    was wrapped around the generator. Is it possible that energy was being picked
    up by this configuration, not only from the brushes, but from the turning of the
    motor? Extra electromagnetic radiation being captured into the capacitor along with that captured from the brushes. Would this be possible ?

George

Leave a comment:

• Hiwater
    replied
    If we look at the Vw generator or even the Gm generator as showm on Johns dvd there isnt much room inside the housing to do much of anything. The VW generator is much smaller in size than the GM generator. But at that time it co uld have been a six volt generator. Assuming that it was a VW generator.
    Which was then changed over to fit a Gm generator housing. I think once this motor is running up to speed, residual magnetisim has a lot to do with keeping the voltage and amperage circulating in the system. Keeping the system charged with little or no input just enough to keep up the magnetic feild on so it can continue rotating. Close to where the BEMF and rotation are close to equal depending on how many watts are drawn off to light the light bulbs. May have to set up a different neutral plane for the brushes so we can have the armature in front of the motor and gen coil at the same time. That way we get two reactions for the price of one.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Ah OK. The problem with a starter motor is the lack of turns on the coils, they require a huge current to work.

I have been thinking about what we need in the motor. If we need it to run on 220v 5 amps, we would normally have an amount of coil resistance to prevent the coils fusing before the BEMF builds up to restrict the current. As resistance is a loss that robs energy from a resonant circuit we don't want this resistance. We are also going to limit BEMF by restricting speed. In a normal motor circuit this would be a burn out condition. We are restricting the amps by pulsing so we wont burn out the motor.

If we use a starter motor on 12v it may draw 50 to 100 amps under load. If we then put 220v into it of course it will burn out as the current will also be 20 times higher, so we restrict the current with pulsing. If we restrict it to 100 amps our motor will run at normal power output but we are putting 22kw of power into the motor and it will melt as we cannot get rid of the heat.

The amount of power we can put into the motor is set by how much heat the motor can dissipate. The amount of output power is set by the current that can flow and the number of turns on the coils. It is therefore a requirement to have a high number of turns and a low resistance making the motor big for the amount of power it produces.

So a 2kw motor may be oscillated at 2kw but the current flowing has been dramatically reduced by pulsing so may only produce 600 watts (even lower when you consider the motor efficiency) so our resonant circuit has to be set up to consume less than that, possible but not easy.

If we use a 220v motor, the resistance is robbing the power and it does not work. If we use a 12v motor our resistance is good but we don't have sufficient turns on the coils to get the power output.

There is another way. If we oscillate a coil in a transformer in the same manner and limit the current drawn from the secondary winding, can we get more current to power a 12v motor? Yes. It looks to me like the motor is standard and it is the trifilar coil that is being oscillated. It is much easier to alter the specs of this coil than rewind a motor.

My experiments show that there is more energy oscillating in a resonant circuit than we put in, we just need a motor that draws less power than the gain and produces more energy than the input. Standard motors cannot run on this voltage and current. A transformer of sorts can step up current at the expense of voltage to run our motor. we just need to set it up and oscillate it to fit the parameters of the motor. Easier said than done.

At the moment I am back at the drawing board trying to work out how to do it. My initial ideas while in theory would work require a special motor. We know that the Lockrige motor was not totally rewound and that the rotor was standard.

Leave a comment:

• Hiwater
    replied
    mbrownn, The splitting of the coils I was referring to was trying to make them bifilar. The motor Im working with is a combination of a starter and a generator built into one housing. Twelve volt GM series. I have been trying different configurations with ther feild coils to work with the amps circulating in the armature. But havent succeded with any thing to talk about. Just a lot of hands on experience. A friend said to me-----New information creats new goals-----New relationships create new enthusiam.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiwater View Post
    Mbrownn, Besides burning up a few feild coils, Iv tried splitting the feild coils to make them biffilar. But darn hard to do to get them even one side seems like it gets all the punishment and smokes. I think there is some merit yet to this idea just have to work with it more...At times it is aiding the feild but dont know where it coming from or if it just moving the armature reaction out of the way . Because the RPM will speed up over 700 rpm. For trying to keep the magnetic feild on the armature, Ive been using another feild pole with some hand wound winding on with a couple of flashlite batterys. More to be done with that. From doing some research the eddy currents from the armature laminates gets trapped in side of a steel housing, so maybe those slot in the case are there to release that pressure.
    I'm not quite sure what you are posting about spiting the field coils, can you explain please?

Adding additional coils in the magnetic field can have dramatic effects on the power coils, sometimes powering them can be beneficial, sometimes shorting them. I don't know much about this but it is definitely relevant and maybe used in the trifilar coil as well as the motor. See compensated motors.

Eddy currents are definitely a big loss in motors, especially AC motors, as is the other loss caused by the resistance of iron to change polarity. This is why I have chosen to go DC for now even though it is a more complex circuit.

The splits in the motor case could have any one or all of the following functions:-

1) To force the flux to go primarily in one direction and not equally in both direction. This would help with the, built in, generator function of the device.

2) To allow for greater heat dissipation. These resonant circuits cause a magnification in voltage so if we put 100w into a motor it might be oscillating at 200w and we would have to dissipate double the heat created under ohms law.

3) Parallel path. Looking at the example JB has it sure does look like it is for this reason. http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ath-motor.html

Because the location of the trifilar coil is around the motor case it seems that points two and three are less likely but I am not ruling them out.

Yes we have many different coils all collapsing and the fact that the fields if these coils are probably in opposition means they will be bigger than what you would expect for a coil that is not in such a condition. By bigger I mean faster initial discharge so that the energy is compressed to some extent. Not sure my explanation is good here, let me know if you want me to reexplain it better.

These coils could be used in many configurations, series, parallel (shunt), compound (both} and compensated (one of the field coils is shorted or powered in the other direction). As you can see there are many configurations and combinations that could be used. Parallel seems less likely as this will require more amps but series gives more resistance so compound is looking a good compromise and it has useful characteristics. The properties of compensated is also interesting as we can have four different ways of doing that too. All these types can be used with AC or DC.

Other than the polarity of the coils we do not have to worry too much about positive and negative energy as this is closed in the system and I believe that this energy causes the magnification of the voltage in the oscillation.

What type of motor are you working with?

Leave a comment:

• Hiwater
    replied
    mbrownn, In these motor-generators-what are we really dealing with. we should have the colapse of the armature winding plus the colapse of the feild winding. So two areas we have this the positive side and the negative side.

Now if we can make both these sides accelerating, we should be getting somewhere. If we introduce back into the system at the right part of the wave. what do you think. Hiwater

Leave a comment:

• Hiwater
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
    yes I agree and two minds are better than one.

How do you keep the rotor magnetized and what is the effect on coil impedance? It does not matter if the coils in the motor have no impedance, depending upon how we use the trifilar coil because we can get the resonance with that. I think that was what peter was trying to achieve with his zigzag winding in this thread.

I once postulated that the Lockridge device could have been a parallel path motor as the split in the frame would allow for such a setup. If this is the case then we would be introducing flux from magnets into all the coils and the effects that that causes.

Is what you are describing a kind of field compensation? as this too causes an increase in energy.

Peters rotary attraction motor would be a good candidate to run on my circuit although my version of it was very inefficient and had only 17% recovery if my memory serves. The SSG can be run this way too. The downside of these motors is the motor efficiency is low but we don't have to contend with BEMF as a current and voltage limiting factor.
    Mbrownn, Besides burning up a few feild coils, Iv tried splitting the feild coils to make them biffilar. But darn hard to do to get them even one side seems like it gets all the punishment and smokes. I think there is some merit yet to this idea just have to work with it more...At times it is aiding the feild but dont know where it coming from or if it just moving the armature reaction out of the way . Because the RPM will speed up over 700 rpm. For trying to keep the magnetic feild on the armature, Ive been using another feild pole with some hand wound winding on with a couple of flashlite batterys. More to be done with that. From doing some research the eddy currents from the armature laminates gets trapped in side of a steel housing, so maybe those slot in the case are there to release that pressure.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiwater View Post
    Mbrownn, Thanks for your response. Ive been trying something along the lines as your saying Trying to keep the rotor magnetised and by reducing the feild coil voltage on the winding so that it takes a little voltage and turns it in to all amps from the armature, which is then again induced on the feild coil windings at the collapse. the more we work with this, the easier it is to understand what to do next. Not because it didnt work but the fundamental building blocks, to the next stepin the process to make it work. Let us reason together. Thanks Hiwater
    yes I agree and two minds are better than one.

How do you keep the rotor magnetized and what is the effect on coil impedance? It does not matter if the coils in the motor have no impedance, depending upon how we use the trifilar coil because we can get the resonance with that. I think that was what peter was trying to achieve with his zigzag winding in this thread.

I once postulated that the Lockridge device could have been a parallel path motor as the split in the frame would allow for such a setup. If this is the case then we would be introducing flux from magnets into all the coils and the effects that that causes.

Is what you are describing a kind of field compensation? as this too causes an increase in energy.

Peters rotary attraction motor would be a good candidate to run on my circuit although my version of it was very inefficient and had only 17% recovery if my memory serves. The SSG can be run this way too. The downside of these motors is the motor efficiency is low but we don't have to contend with BEMF as a current and voltage limiting factor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X