Lockridge Device - Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck on theory

The lockridge appears to have this configuration. Remember you do not have to drive that second coil, by using it as an output current flows and impedance changes. In a motor generator configuration like I have done, the lowering of impedance causes the device to draw more current. By drawing current from the generator coil when supplying the device with AC we get acceleration. Acceleration under load. This was using a simplified armature but even worked a little with a standard armature.

I dont know if your idea about how it works is the same as mine, but you seem to be looking at similar principals

As for resonance and using it as an LC circuit, it seams to be leading me away from that, but we just dont know.

I use the reverse engineering approach and let the device teach me, and it has taught me a lot.
    Are you telling about a kind of transformer?
    So in a transformer you need ironcore or metglass as a magnetic
    media. so the air coiled trifilar cannot deliver enough energy to the 300W light bank.
    300W -> my Trifilar will melt away !
    240 turns of magnet wire 21 is not very much.
    even if you use the tesla patent "Coil for Electromagnets," patent #512,340
    (bifi selfcircuited)
    you cannot transfer 300W

So the only part is to use the CASE of LR as an Ironcore.
    but rotating fields destroy / shifts the phase of magnet flux away ?
    this will really weird but maybe a key to the function.

So you need to transform the 12V AC to 220V AC for the bulbs ?
    we need 10 times more windings on L3 than L1 to shift the voltage
    from the generator to the bulbs, with 12 V trifilar you will see not even
    a glow in the bulb.

Robert49 did report a "clicking sound" here. A possible clue to a missing component. What makes clicking sounds? A spark gap maybe? I also heard about the resonance sound from another source who I just can't remember. JB or Mark McKay? Not sure.
    A relay to switch the light bank as an ballast to the generator
    not to burn the gen coils ?

If I am correct, and it works in attraction, the flux will be held within the case and very little will leak out. This would mean that the reason the the trifilar coil are wrapped around the case for only one reason, convenience.
    Attraction to what or whom ?
    could you be please more precise, i´m not sure what you mean .
    So if you "held" the flux in the case, you cannot "consume" it to the bulbs
    instead you have to shift it forward , round by round ?
    always add a little kick ?

The magnetic Diode is very clever ! Wow
    Impressed me. I didn´t test this out, but soon i will test it.

I still believe it is possible for the trifilar coil to be used in a way that Babcock showed us, as a choke to store energy. This coil would then impedance match by supplying whatever voltage is required to maintain current in the motor.
    Yes you could. But the magnetfield arround the trifilar will interferere with
    the rotating field in the GenMo (Generator/motor combo).

The Idea of resonance in the motor is not without merit, but suffers from problems. The bigest being that the inductance in a motor constantly changes as it rotates, and as load varies. How to make a circuit respond to this is problematic and I was unable to do it.
    An OpAmp is fast enough to do an PID , measure the resistance and
    instaneous output a difference signal to the MOSFET driver -> adjust L properly.

From resonance we get voltage gain and not current, until we discharge the resonant circuit. My attempts at tapping the circuit to draw power were unsuccessful as it killed the resonance. Maybe you know how to do this but I don’t
    but in resonance the losses in the coils are almost zero. Xl=Xc=0 (in theory)
    so drop in Amp from the power supply at constant rpm (when you feed constant Voltage to the motor)
    or rising RPMs with constant current supply.

another approach: (not tested, but inspired from JB SG Cap Discharger)
    charge a capacitor (diode) inside the Resonance loop.when you reach the 30V then you can "click" an relais
    to push the joules from the cap to the Motor. (KICKMode)
    say "in the right moment"
    Resonance is short lost, but the motor turns further (momentum)
    the resonance should reestablish and the cycle repeats.

Ismael Aviso:

He find a way to short circuit the motorcoils at the right moment to
    (on the peak of the sinus wave) and charge insteanous a cap without
    "lenzing" the generator out !

so you could use 2 Coils of the generator and close them
    with lowest (!) resistance at the peak (when rotorfield approach the statorwinding)
    so you recycle power and say bye to Mr. Lenz
    No Lenz no Drag on the generator. perfect

OK Mr Brown.
    I will shortly forget the resonance mode.
    So if there is no LCR system at the moment.
    how will you connect the parts to get a working model ?
    What I have overseen ?

Comment

• Voltage?

Remember folks, no one has a working model of this device except possibly the government in some warehouse somewhere. We have no way of knowing voltage or frequency of the output to the bulbs. We can assume they were standard 220v/50Hz bulbs used in Germany and 120v/60Hz used in US. Bulbs are not picky and actually work better with high voltage and high frequency. They will use less current and illuminate fully, even cold if high enough.

Hans, if this is truly a reactive or radiant device, you will be working with a slightly different form of energy. Without conversion, our scope and meters are useless. Caps help with this problem. JB has shown us how to collect this in a cap. My experience with this form of energy is you must allow for a "break in" of the conversion components before measuring efficiencies. I wish I could remember my second source of information regarding the resonance component because I also remember the statement by Lockridge himself not to use anything other than light bulbs on the generator or risk burning the whole thing up. Also a clue to high voltage and/or frequency.

Randy
      _

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
        Remember folks, no one has a working model of this device except possibly the government in some warehouse somewhere. ..

Hans, if this is truly a reactive or radiant device, you will be working with a slightly different form of energy. Without conversion, our scope and meters are useless. Caps help with this problem. JB has shown us how to collect this in a cap. My experience with this form of energy is you must allow for a "break in" of the conversion components before measuring efficiencies. I wish I could remember my second source of information regarding the resonance component because I also remember the statement by Lockridge himself not to use anything other than light bulbs on the generator or risk burning the whole thing up. Also a clue to high voltage and/or frequency.

Randy
        thank you Randy.

So lets rush the warehouses around ;-)
        we are the goverment (in an democratic manner)
        its easier to ask all your friends to ask their friends for notebooks of
        retired phD technicians. in reality the don´t shelf this device in a warehouse.
        they destroy this or you find a junkbox with parts of such an device.
        mostly old scientists who are retired now, have old notebooks of projects (no they don´t use laptop pcs) at home
        and forget that they have it. Nobody of you knows an ITT / Rand Corp / Douglas guy ?

You don´t need fancy parts like bariumtitanate enriched with some isotope or something to build G Wave transformers, we
        talk about lowcost butcherpaper MP Caps handrolled , cu coils and a mechanical switch logic on the shaft.
        real analog stuff like marconi did (and he did a lot things beside radio)

to your question:

Yes low impedance parts are fine to collect radiant impulses.
        i tested this out in the past.
        you have to use the electret effect of some caps.

the point is if you not use an ohmic load you shift the phase out of
        syncronisation and have big losses, hum and heat results in a
        dead device in seconds

High voltage ? with old textil isolated cu strips (aka coil) from bosch 1945 ?
        really ? arcing between the commutatorplates will eat your coal brush in minutes.

We don´t measure efficiencies at the moment the question from Mbrown is
        how to collect "gain" from a resonant loop without disturbing the loop.
        the cap is a proven solution but it depends on the circuit you design.
        if you watch the zero going signal, you can switch on the fly and extract
        the power out from cap and wait for the next zero.

Last edited by HansKammler; 06-14-2015, 09:10 PM. Reason: question

Comment

• Originally posted by HansKammler View Post
          Are you telling about a kind of transformer?
          So in a transformer you need ironcore or metglass as a magnetic
          media. so the air coiled trifilar cannot deliver enough energy to the 300W light bank.
          300W -> my Trifilar will melt away !
          240 turns of magnet wire 21 is not very much.
          even if you use the tesla patent "Coil for Electromagnets," patent #512,340
          (bifi selfcircuited)
          you cannot transfer 300W
          Yes a transformer, but not the trifilar coil. The powered field coils and the armature act as the primary, the other field coils act as the secondary. So if we pulse the primary using the commutator as the switching mechanism, with the powered field coil and the armature in attraction, we will get a strong transformer action in the generator coil. As this generator coil is also producing DC in it at the same time, we have the problem of separating the AC and DC signals. If we use diodes the AC becomes self cancelling and we cant extract it.

Ill say it again to try and make it clear to understand. So we use one powered field coil and the armature as the input as a low BEMF motor, as I have described before. the 90 degree configuration with one of the generator shoes forces the motor to turn and generate DC in the coil mounted on the un-powered shoe. As this is pulsed we get a pulsed AC wave also occurring in that generator coil. This is only half of the field coils in the case.

The second powered field coil is opposite the first and set in attraction. Normally this would lock the motor and it would not turn, but because the case is split, there is no flux path and this does not happen. The flux from this second powered field coil follows a second path around to the second output coil. Transformer action again creates an AC wave in this second output coil. The two act purely as a transformer as it is arranged in the case so that the powered armature does not sweep the shoe of the second output coil.

We have a motor, a generator, and a transformer all in one case. Only one friction loss, only one iron loss for all three devices so our efficiency is much higher than three separate devices.

We use the output of this transformer section like a magamp to turn the AC produced in the first generator coil into DC while powering a load at the same time.

We have one pulsed input x. We have inductive kickback from this which can be collected which will be in the region of 17 to 35% efficient, so now our input to the transformer is 1.17 to 1.35x

If the inductive kickback is fed to a capacitor across the load, it will reduce the input so our input is now 0.65x. Are you starting to see the gains? For an input of 0.65 we get an input to the transformer of at least 1.17. Allowing for a relatively poor transformer efficiency of say 60% we still have 0.7x as a transformer output.

The generator is more efficient than out donor motor as we have reduced the BEMF by 2/3rds. Normally we would expect this motor to generate with around 50% efficiency but we know it will be better than that. however if we only apply a generation factor of 0.5x our total output is 1.2x.
          If our device is running at 1000w, for an input of 650w, we have an output of 1200w and with no use of a trifilar coil.

Originally posted by HansKammler View Post
          So the only part is to use the CASE of LR as an Ironcore.
          but rotating fields destroy / shifts the phase of magnet flux away ?
          this will really weird but maybe a key to the function.

So you need to transform the 12V AC to 220V AC for the bulbs ?
          we need 10 times more windings on L3 than L1 to shift the voltage
          from the generator to the bulbs, with 12 V trifilar you will see not even
          a glow in the bulb.

A relay to switch the light bank as an ballast to the generator
          not to burn the gen coils ?
          We can wind out output coils to whatever ratio we want

Attraction to what or whom ?
          could you be please more precise, i´m not sure what you mean .
          So if you "held" the flux in the case, you cannot "consume" it to the bulbs
          instead you have to shift it forward , round by round ?
          always add a little kick ?
          Normally a motor is set up in repulsion with flux leaking out of it all over the place. By setting it up in attraction we keep the flux in the core and improve transformer efficiency.

Read my thread here and you will see how to set up the motor in attraction. http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ing-motor.html In this thread I only show how it will operate on DC, Any AC produced will self cancel. All four field coils are set up to motor and generate with no pure transformer part. I don’t want references to lockridge in that thread as it would confuse people who choose to try it. so far I have no takers

The magnetic Diode is very clever ! Wow
          Impressed me. I didn´t test this out, but soon I will test it.

Yes you could. But the magnetfield arround the trifilar will interferere with
          the rotating field in the GenMo (Generator/motor combo).
          I came up with this while I was trying to resolve the AC problem in the generator coil but eventually discarded it because the trifilar coil is 90 degrees out and so could not have this effect.

An OpAmp is fast enough to do an PID , measure the resistance and
          instaneous output a difference signal to the MOSFET driver -> adjust L properly.
          I dont think we had this technology in the 1940s

but in resonance the losses in the coils are almost zero. Xl=Xc=0 (in theory)
          so drop in Amp from the power supply at constant rpm (when you feed constant Voltage to the motor)
          or rising RPMs with constant current supply.

another approach: (not tested, but inspired from JB SG Cap Discharger)
          charge a capacitor (diode) inside the Resonance loop.when you reach the 30V then you can "click" an relais
          to push the joules from the cap to the Motor. (KICKMode)
          say "in the right moment"
          Resonance is short lost, but the motor turns further (momentum)
          the resonance should reestablish and the cycle repeats.

Ismael Aviso:

He find a way to short circuit the motorcoils at the right moment to
          (on the peak of the sinus wave) and charge insteanous a cap without
          "lenzing" the generator out !

so you could use 2 Coils of the generator and close them
          with lowest (!) resistance at the peak (when rotorfield approach the statorwinding)
          so you recycle power and say bye to Mr. Lenz
          No Lenz no Drag on the generator. perfect

OK Mr Brown.
          I will shortly forget the resonance mode.
          So if there is no LCR system at the moment.
          how will you connect the parts to get a working model ?
          What I have overseen ?
          You lost me a bit in this part so i will keep reading it until I get it.

I like Aviso's work, one day I will try to go and see him, he lives on a different island to me.

Don’t forget the resonance. Remember inductive kickback is a resonant event.

I dont have all the answers but I am convinced that what I have done is part of it, it remains a work in progress. So what is the trifilar coil? Maybe part of the supply and a means of impedance matching all these things together, the truth is I don’t know yet.

90% of my posts on this forum have been related to this device so you will see how over the years my ideas have evolved, how I have taken a path and it didnt work out and how I reverse engineered this thing.

Comment

• impressed by this theory

impressed !
            i sit now.

i´m not sure if i understand your text completely. (english isn´t my native language)
            I draw a short image what I understand:

q1:is this that you want to tell me ?

q1.1
            I´m not sure but the armature should be a cross (4 poles) instead of the
            block in the pic ?
            q1.2
            the magamp is wired as a recifier than an amp ?

q2:is the overlapped ac peak smaller or greater than the dc peak on the generator ?

q3: how did you reduce the bemf on the generator to 2/3rd ?

Comment

impressed !
              i sit now.

i´m not sure if i understand your text completely. (english isn´t my native language)
              I draw a short image what I understand:

q1:is this that you want to tell me ?
              q1.1
              I´m not sure but the armature should be a cross (4 poles) instead of the
              block in the pic ?
              Sorry, no that’s not correct. Try reading this thread and see if you understand better http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ing-motor.html I talk about the construction from the 7th post
              q1.2
              the magamp is wired as a recifier than an amp ?
              Yes, that is one way to do it.

q2:is the overlapped ac peak smaller or greater than the dc peak on the generator ?
              If the generated DC is 12v the AC will vary this DC between 24 and 0 v. Effectively the AC gain is lost when the voltage drops to zero.

There is another way around this problem using reactance (I think thats the correct term) ie the voltage may drop to zero but current still flows. Its something I am trying to figure out.

q3: how did you reduce the bemf on the generator to 2/3rd ?
              The generator is absolutely standard and so works in a conventional way.

It is how the device is made to motor that is different. Little or no BEMF is generated in the field coils because no armature coil passes them while it is energized.
              Last edited by mbrownn; 06-15-2015, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Thank you very much for your patience Mbrownn
                Yes I knew that I´m wrong because the image makes no sense to me.
                ( I hoped you would draw a correction over my Image to see clear)
                I read the post "interesting motor" yesterday but I have to read it again

There is another way around this problem using reactance (I think thats the correct term) ie the voltage may drop to zero but current still flows. Its something I am trying to figure out.
                q2:Magnetic reactance or electrical rectance do you mean ?

my first idea would be a CAP in series with the generator winding (Motorcap) to filter out the DC component and clip it to a fixed level (biasing).
                the DC i filtered out with an bridge recifier and collecting in a second cap. So i can use both of them after.
                Is that you want to tell me ?

It is how the device is made to motor that is different. Little or no BEMF is generated in the field coils because no armature coil passes them while it is energized.
                q3: Its because you switch off the current in the armature coil before it passes the field coil ? Right ?

Comment

Thank you very much for your patience Mbrownn
                  Yes I knew that I´m wrong because the image makes no sense to me.
                  ( I hoped you would draw a correction over my Image to see clear)
                  I read the post "interesting motor" yesterday but I have to read it again
                  No problem, its so obvious to me because I know how it works, but I forget that no one else has seen anything like this I will go through it again with this drawing http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...-coilsetup-jpg

This drawing is like someone cut the motor in half so you can see the exposed parts. The red coils are powered, Imagine the current flows into the screen at the top red parts, and flows out of the screen at the two bottom red parts. Pretend that the coils marked in white are not there nor are the shoes, so we are only looking at the top left half.

from this you can see that the red coils will be in attraction. The motor would not rotate if it were not for the shoe placed at the 12 o'clock position. This shoe gives a return path for the flux, but as it does so, it pulls on the top part of the armature coil making it rotate anticlockwise.

So as a new armature coil comes in from the right, It switches on at the 1 o'clock position, it rotates anticlockwise to the 11 o'clock position due to the flux pulling the top half of the coil. As new coils come past the one o'clock position they switch on and switch off at the 11 o'clock position. At no time are any of the other armature coils on.

If you can imagine this rotation you can see that no powered armature coils sweep past the coil at the 9 o'clock position, this is why there is no significant BEMF generated there.

In truth the armature coils switch off just after passing the 12 o'clock position. It is the recovery brushes that make contact with the armature coil at this point, and the inductive kickback then powers the armature towards the 11 o'clock position, but you can ignore this paragraph if it confuses you.

As the armature has current passing through it while it is powered, it makes sense to place a coil at the 12 o'clock position and let it generate. This is what the two dark green parts are. Because we have current flowing in the generator coil, BEMF is generated in the armature coil. We haven’t totally eliminated BEMF, because we have some BEMF in the armature.

Effectively we now have a low BEMF motor, and generator combined.

You may find the next few paragraphs confusing, If you do, ignore it for now, but it is the part that we will exploit in the lockridge device. The previous part is the "interesting motor"

As the commutator switches on and off coils, the armature is pulsing. This causes a transformer action between the armature and generator coil because they are on the same magnetic circuit. This is what gives us our AC component in the generator coil. The same will happen in the powered field coil.

As the AC works with and against the DC it effectively self cancels. we cannot use the AC as the system is. The effect of this on a well set up device is that the AC transformer action lowers the impedance of both the powered field coil, the armature allowing more DC to flow.

This effect is even more pronounced if we make the powered field coil pulse with the armature, by wiring them in series. By leaving out coils on the armature, or by using blank segments in the armature we can cause the current to actually stop in the armature for an instant. This intensifies the transformer action and the effect on the impedance.

This lowering of impedance and increase in current actually cause the motor to accelerate when the load is placed on the generator Im not joking. Yes it is drawing more power but it is generating more power too.

Imagine what could happen if the motor speed caused the pulsing to reach the resonant frequency of the coils!!!

This is a lot to take in in one post, sorry for that.

q2:Magnetic reactance or electrical rectance do you mean ?
                  The ability to make the current lag or precede the voltage.

my first idea would be a CAP in series with the generator winding (Motorcap) to filter out the DC component and clip it to a fixed level (biasing).
                  the DC i filtered out with an bridge recifier and collecting in a second cap. So i can use both of them after.
                  Is that you want to tell me ?
                  Congratulations, you have thought of another of the methods of spiting the AC from the DC, but I never figured out how to get the DC out, and so have never mentioned it on the forums. Its one of the many things I call "a work in progress"

I think we are going to make some progress

q3: Its because you switch off the current in the armature coil before it passes the field coil ? Right ?
                  Correct, hopefully you can now see why.

I suggest you build the "Interesting Motor", I call it the Motor Assisted Generator (MAG) or Motor assisted Dynamo (MAD) Then run some tests on the pulsing so we can narrow down the options for splitting the AC and DC

Sorry for the long and in depth post

Comment

• #13 efficience 2:
                    In effect we are using our electrical draw from the generator to compensate for the increased load on the motor by passing its current through the motor windings first. Yes, the motor will slow but by not as much as expected. The lower the voltage requirement of our electrical load the more current drawn and the greater the compensation.
                    Could you be so nice and explain me this further.
                    You take the generated current trough the motor windings to compensate
                    an increasing load on the motor ? why is this load increasing on the motor ?

if the motor is very low in voltage this is better because it draws more
                    current from the generator. so your kind of generator will be happy to give us
                    more current but its unhappy to supply a higher voltage ?

so the key is to use an low impedance armature And low impedance
                    field coil ?

Comment

Could you be so nice and explain me this further.
                      You take the generated current trough the motor windings to compensate
                      an increasing load on the motor ? why is this load increasing on the motor ?
                      When we draw current from the generator, it causes drag, the motor slows and the BEMF in the armature reduces. This allows more current to flow. Also when a load is placed on the secondary of a transformer, the impedance drops and more current can flow. Normally all the extra current comes from the source, but as we are creating current in the generator it makes sense to use that too.

The voltage drop across the motor is very small, so if we make the voltage of our output higher than the motor, it will draw generator current through the motor with little voltage drop. We can still power our load but the current flow has assisted the motor. This extra current in the armature causes more generated current so it is a self compensating loop.

As the transformer action is lowering impedance, more current flows, which in turn causes stronger generation due to the higher magnetic fields in the armature. Again it is self compensating the the generator.

if the motor is very low in voltage this is better because it draws more
                      current from the generator. so your kind of generator will be happy to give us
                      more current but its unhappy to supply a higher voltage ?
                      Increasing the number of turns on the generator will give us a higher voltage but lower current, as the voltage drop across the motor is the same the compensation will be less, as the current is less. Its another compromise. I don’t know what the ideal voltage would be from the generator, we will just have to try it out.

so the key is to use an low impedance armature And low impedance
                      field coil ?
                      Not exactly, we can drop the impedance with the transformer action, We want very low ohmic resistance both in the field coils and the armature. Big wire. This is why I play around with starter motors as their ohmic resistance is often below 1/10th of an ohm. The problem here is I may be too low on the inductance, another compromise.

Your asking the right questions

Comment

• For my MADMAG (interesting Motor) we may be able to use off the shelf field coils and get reasonable performance. For the self runner, if it is possible and I believe it is, we will need all the parts to be matched to get optimum performance, but what those specifications are remains to be seen.

If one of the functions of the trifilar coil is impedance matching, this may help us, but I don’t think it is going to be that easy.

Comment

• Brush and Fire

thank you for your explanations.

I realize at the "interesting motor" that you solder not every plate
                          on the armature with a coil because you will reduce the "brushfire" by
                          switching to the next segment. OK

so i think I can place gluefilm (isolationtape) on every 2nd plate(segment)
                          of the armature right ?

but then I realize to run your setup I have to rewind , resolder all segments
                          to set the wire lap in a 90 degree formation. OK
                          a lot of work for me to rebuild the commutator. OK this work have to be done.

3, Do you really think you are fast enough to make contact with the 2nd set of "take energy" brushes when the first set of "energizing" brushes will
                          leave the segment ?
                          I don´t think you have the time, coz soon you are lost contact you will get the kickback and this kickback can fly to the brushes if there are in the air.

so the only logic is to put the 2nd brushes to the same segment, before
                          the 1st brushes leave it ! True ??

Comment

thank you for your explanations.

I realize at the "interesting motor" that you solder not every plate
                            on the armature with a coil because you will reduce the "brushfire" by
                            switching to the next segment. OK

so i think I can place gluefilm (isolationtape) on every 2nd plate(segment)
                            of the armature right ?
                            With that motor we are avoiding transformer actions so every segment would be fine, remember this came as a result of my research so I left options to make it what we are talking about now. I would recommend you start with only one coil on the armature, this makes it much easier for setting up the motoring function. After we have the motoring function set up and tested, we can add extra coils.

What I am thinking right now is 4 blank segments between each coil. this will allow a full charge and discharge of the armature before the next coil is charged, but this may change, as I'm still working on it.

but then I realize to run your setup I have to rewind , resolder all segments
                            to set the wire lap in a 90 degree formation. OK
                            a lot of work for me to rebuild the commutator. OK this work have to be done.
                            The 90 degree setup on the armature is for two reasons

1) so that the commutator will line up with existing brush positions
                            2) It keeps the wires close to the shaft preventing them getting caught in the brushes.

Nothing special, just practical.

3, Do you really think you are fast enough to make contact with the 2nd set of "take energy" brushes when the first set of "energizing" brushes will
                            leave the segment ?
                            I don´t think you have the time, coz soon you are lost contact you will get the kickback and this kickback can fly to the brushes if there are in the air.

so the only logic is to put the 2nd brushes to the same segment, before
                            the 1st brushes leave it ! True ??
                            Exactly. The contact is made slightly before the other brush disengages. I did this while the armature was running, slowly moving it until the arcing reduced.

The way I set up the MADMAG, the overlap can be greater.

Going back to the commutator, I had one blank between each coil, this was great for the MADMAG, but didn’t seem so good to get the transformer actions like we want in this device. In the MADMAG it gives us one coil charging and one coil discharging at the same time, there is no off time to speak of.

For this device, by having brushes the same width as the commutator segments and 4 blank segments between each coil, we will have a 50% on time and 50% off. This requirement makes an ideal armature to have an even number of slots, the commutator ideally would have double the number of segments as there is slots, and that number be divisible by 5 ie 10, 20, 30 etc. This isn’t proven yet, but is what I am working on now.

Comment

• thank you mbrown for your explanations.
                              This is a whole new concept and I have to check how can I do all
                              this mechanical work at home. With electronics this is more easier.

Interesting you do a mechanical NE555 oscillator with your 4 blank armature.
                              Do you have a photo of your armature (actual) so I can figure out
                              how you wire it (wave or straight) I never wire a motor in my life.
                              When I buy the Bosch generator I my first thought was, **** how this dirty thing works. real Hard (!) ware

I have fear to destruct my armature if I begin to unsolder the windings.
                              But wire to wire it should work

cheers,

H.

Comment

thank you mbrown for your explanations.
                                This is a whole new concept and I have to check how can I do all
                                this mechanical work at home. With electronics this is more easier.

Interesting you do a mechanical NE555 oscillator with your 4 blank armature.
                                Do you have a photo of your armature (actual) so I can figure out
                                how you wire it (wave or straight) I never wire a motor in my life.
                                When I buy the Bosch generator I my first thought was, **** how this dirty thing works. real Hard (!) ware

I have fear to destruct my armature if I begin to unsolder the windings.
                                But wire to wire it should work

cheers,

H.
                                Sure, this was the one I had the best results with.
                                http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...r-img_0007-jpg
                                http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...r-img_0029-jpg
                                http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...r-img_0028-jpg
                                The hardest part is getting the old windings out as they are usually held in with epoxy. I used a hack saw to cut the windings off at each end and then a punch to knock them out.
                                This video will help you with the wind, the only difference is I connected to commutator segments at 90 degrees do that i did not have to move the brush holders that were already there. http://www.energeticforum.com/redire...lpage%23t%3D99

Comment

Working...
                                X