Lockridge Device - Peter Lindemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Wanttomake,

research by excluding what not works seem to be a hard way.
    so you need a lot patience.

I like Mr. Bedini who is willing to spread his wisdom to us (experimentiers)
    Nobody does this in the past. Iīll also publish my findings for others because thats the only way to help the people.
    Many good things are lost in the past when inventors wait for the big money and go to grave while waiting....

The german inventor who did the first Lockridge, before the troops capture this and bring it to USA did surely not based this on bedini Energizer.

I have a original Bosch generator from this time and measure out
    that every cycle it commutates two times.
    I see a sawtooth on the scope with 10ms width (aka 100Hz)
    3000 RPM @ 4,75Amps 18.8 V

now i think where to put the slots and where to get 2 small coils in between.

after I get the coils I measure the XL to get Z and with this
    i calculate the reactive energy traditional engineers throw away with motor design.

sin phi=(xl-xc)/z
    z=sqrt(R^2+(xl-xc)^2)

This is my approach to regauge the lost energy back to the machine.
    When the generator is in Balance / Resonance it will consume very less
    energy for maximum performance.

How many different options you have with the 3filar coil to connect ?

cheers

Comment

• patience me?

Hello Hans,
      Taking into account that there is no proof that this device ever existed, and that some unknown friend gave a box full of just parts to J. Bedini that didn't work, also why hasn't anyone from Germany (if still able to remember) come forward with any stories of such device. We had Robert here once who had a friend that remembered seeing something similar as a boy in WW2 Germany. But had no details to give us.

But I do think such a device is possible. Why? I think Mr. Bedini knows how this device operates as a single unit.

I have more curiosity and at my age take my time building and learning from it.

Patience is good but knowledge is better, with all due respect.
      wantomake

Comment

• I would be very interested to hear how you think it works, you say you get a saw tooth trace on the scope, how is that? could you explain?

How would you use the reactive power?

I experimented with resonance using a universal motor some years ago, a gain in voltage was seen but no gain in current. The motor ran but was very weak and had little torque. The gain in power was detectable in the form of heat although I could not get accurate measurements. I was unable to extract any electrical energy without killing the resonance and eventually gave up on that approach. How do you do it?

Is there anything special about the old Bosch generators? In the picture the layout looks like a universal motor except there is a bigger offset from the neutral plane on the brushes. Is the armature wound differently? How many slots are on the armature? and how many commutator bars?

Sorry for all the questions but if you don’t ask, you don’t find out.

Comment

• Observations.

Hi fellow builders,
          Here are a couple ideas, observations, and notes from my experiments and research. Much will be obvious to most but I include them anyway for completeness. I think many of the components needed for a working device have been out in the open, but not understood as Tesla understood them and the interplay between them. I hope you find these observations useful.

A pulse transformer (DC) typically has a shunted (slotted) core. Like the case of the device here. A DC transformer will take a DC pulse and turn it into a sawtooth wave form that is biased to the plus side.

A generator will naturally create a AC output. AC can be converted to pulsed DC.

A reflected AC wave can create a standing wave. This can be accumulative. Study sound inference waves.

A resistive load can do work without a clear plus and minus, but rather a potential difference between two termination points and singular point in time.

A resistive load is part of a resonant circuit but is not variable without re-tuning.
          It has been said that to perturb the ambient (aether, ether, dielectric ...) creates an influx to balance the disturbance. An earth ground is the most direct way to connect to the ambient.

Ambient gain seems to occur ~400Hz. Harmonics causing higher frequencies? (yes)

Magnetic flux has inertia.

A Tesla Bifilar Pancake Coil makes a better receiver coil than a single wire pancake coil.

Tesla nearly always showed a AC generator in his power transmission circuits.

Tesla used a earth ground in all power schemes.

It is my opinion the Lockridge device used all of the above ideas to convert ambient perturbance into usable lighting. I am not an electronics expert nor do I have anywhere near the hands on experience that @mbrown has with this device. I am simply sharing based on my experimental work and research. If it seems half baked, it's because it is. Otherwise, I would post working plans.
          Good Luck,
          Randy
          _

Comment

• Thanks for the input tachyoncatcher, all ideas a valid until we have a working unit, nothing is rejected because it is different.

The basis of the things that I have uncovered researching this is as follows

Its all about magnetism. A moving magnetic field can induce a current and a current can induce a magnetic field, we all know that. By keeping the magnetic field where we want it, such as in a transformer, we can make use of this property, but the same magnetic field can also do mechanical work through attraction. A motor can act as a transformer, a good example of this is the induction motor. So by combining the properties of a transformer and a motor we have two potential outputs for one input, one electrical and one mechanical. To some extent as we increase one we decrease the other, and this is to be expected, but it isn’t exactly inversely proportional.

A motor and a generator is basically the same thing so if we can make our transformer work as a motor, we can make it generate too. Now we have a transformer/motor/generator all for one input. 1 input and 3 output functions. The limitation on two of these is Lenz's Law giving us BEMF in one and an output in the other.

It is possible to reduce BEMF in a motor but the motor then looses torque, but by combining this with a generator, we can make the generator produce torque as well as generate. In effect our motor function is gone and has been replaced with an energizer. I still call it a motor because that is how most understand it. This is done by moving the coil away from the moving coil of the armature, by moving it 90 degrees around the armature. It does not work well with Lap or wave wound armatures so we replace it with a simple wound armature. The generator produces torque because the flux is bent around the armature coil, and this only happens in attraction.

Attraction not only produces the torque but also keeps the flux in the core improving the transformer action, so again its about getting the magnetism to do 3 functions all at the same time.

I know I didn’t go a good job of explaining it but I hope you can understand it.

Previous posts where i have discussed this
            http://www.energeticforum.com/257723-post1177.html
            http://www.energeticforum.com/254372-post1168.html
            http://www.energeticforum.com/221422-post1095.html

Comment

• everybody on its own

I research a similar project when I was starting these things in the past,
              called the Captn. Coler Converter.
              it was like this: there was a photo on the net of an replication,
              stupid Papers from british OSI with no clues how to work,
              the examiner was everything but not a technician and the final
              report is like a poem, than a report...

Stumbled in darkness like an alchimist and try this and that
              and other things to come back to the point "its not working!"
              sadly this project was shelfed.

the more investigators are working together, the more knowledge and
              results we get I know.

But the point is, everyone is researching for its own and
              the tests are not supervisioned or in line with "a concept"
              so we have no theory about working and no syncronisation with the other
              investigators.

so everybody does testing, do conclusions and at some point
              its get boring and the parts get dusty in the box.

so the rotor looks like this:

And the sawtooth is sitting on my 15.5 V DC when I powering
              this Bosch Generator as a motor. its from the commutator action when
              the brushes switches....
              The Generator runs smoothly arround 3000 RPM not going hot.
              so the coils are good for this kind of work.

@mbrownn is lightyears ahead of lockridge experim. congrats !!

Iīm at the beginning of the process because I learn about
              this project 2 months ago. So find an old VW generator (12V) and
              measure all parameter while running as a motor.

At this stage I have no clue how this 3 filar coil works and how to connect
              to the rest. The Idea as a impedance matcher maybe.
              The thing is, if you kick a motorcoil you need a Switch and you have only
              brushes for switching action (transistors were not possible 1945)
              and a Triode arrangement seems a way to complex for Lockridge.

How to get energy from an resonance circuit:

to extract energy from a LCR circuit you have to maintain the resonance.
              so if you put a resistive load on it, you have to change the Inductance "L"
              simultan. I do this with a double winding on a Iron rod separated with an insulator.
              the upper winding is the L from the LCR circuit. The lower winding
              goes to an AMP who pushes current in that coil to create a magnet.
              but you have to be sure not to "oversaturate" the ironcore. (if you do this
              you get not enough inductance and the coil goes hot.
              when you raise the power in the lower coil, the upper coil change the
              inductance accordingly. Simple but elegant.

picture says more than words. I wish more of you would draw ideas, than
              describe it with words...
              Last edited by HansKammler; 06-12-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• More Observations

Eye witnesses to the original German generator and also the Lockridge replication reported a odd reverberation sound coming from the generators when the lights were working. If you have ever had a motor producing a standing wave, it will make a odd, reverb sound. It is my contention that the Lockridge unit has a resonant component that must be used for the gain everyone is looking for. The external windings and capacitor plates make sense when you consider this component. Capacitive plates in close, physical proximity to switching magnetic polarity seems to be a common theme to many AE devices.

@mbrown, if I remember correctly, the slotted case creates a specific magnetic polarity in the case? Maybe this needs to switch? What effect would the switching magnetic polarity have on the external coil? Even JB used a weak magnetic switching, with the capacitive coupling of small coils to create some amazing gain on that ferris wheel device he built. He also used the dielectric of a couple large capacitors for the supposed collection.

More food for thought.

Randy
                _

Comment

• your source

Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
                  Eye witnesses to the original German generator and also the Lockridge replication reported a odd reverberation sound coming from the generators when the lights were working. If you have ever had a motor producing a standing wave, it will make a odd, reverb sound. It is my contention that the Lockridge unit has a resonant component that must be used for the gain everyone is looking for. The external windings and capacitor plates make sense when you consider this component. Capacitive plates in close, physical proximity to switching magnetic polarity seems to be a common theme to many AE devices.

@mbrown, if I remember correctly, the slotted case creates a specific magnetic polarity in the case? Maybe this needs to switch? What effect would the switching magnetic polarity have on the external coil? Even JB used a weak magnetic switching, with the capacitive coupling of small coils to create some amazing gain on that ferris wheel device he built. He also used the dielectric of a couple large capacitors for the supposed collection.

More food for thought.

Randy
                  Finally someone to pay attention to the part of this device that will power and cause the self loop needed to run the load and drive the device also.
                  Thanks Randy.
                  I've built my own test bench version with trifilar 26 awg wrapped around the outside of a capacitor made with wax paper and 4" wide aluminum tape. It fits over the 1950's Delco Remy generator with slotted case and coils (4) with armature.

I tried ac and dc power through it as LC tank but I'm sure the coil and capacitor aren't matching to resonance. I remember building the joule thief with the resonating toroid coil. Sweet sound. I wanted to understand if the coil can induce voltage in the capacitor. Yes it does. So with the case in the large spool, I tried to produce voltage through the field coils in the case into the capacitor. No luck so far. I did have the capacitor wrapped around the coil at first. BTW.

I may need to replicate the same setup with copper flashing and much larger coil.

What is your source that you mentioned eye witnesses in first sentence? I've seen every video made on the Lockridge device. Did I miss something?

Sorry so scattered,
                  wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by HansKammler View Post
                    I research a similar project when I was starting these things in the past,
                    called the Captn. Coler Converter.
                    it was like this: there was a photo on the net of an replication,
                    stupid Papers from british OSI with no clues how to work,
                    the examiner was everything but not a technician and the final
                    report is like a poem, than a report...

Stumbled in darkness like an alchimist and try this and that
                    and other things to come back to the point "its not working!"
                    sadly this project was shelfed.
                    I need to look this one up.

Originally posted by HansKammler View Post
                    @mbrownn is lightyears ahead of lockridge experim. congrats !!
                    Thanks for the complement but I am really 70 years behind

At this stage I have no clue how this 3 filar coil works and how to connect
                    to the rest. The Idea as a impedance matcher maybe.
                    yes, we are in agreement here, It could be but there are so many other possibilities too.
                    The thing is, if you kick a motorcoil you need a Switch and you have only
                    brushes for switching action (transistors were not possible 1945)
                    and a Triode arrangement seems a way to complex for Lockridge.
                    True

How to get energy from an resonance circuit:

to extract energy from a LCR circuit you have to maintain the resonance.
                    so if you put a resistive load on it, you have to change the Inductance "L"
                    simultan. I do this with a double winding on a Iron rod separated with an insulator.
                    the upper winding is the L from the LCR circuit. The lower winding
                    goes to an AMP who pushes current in that coil to create a magnet.
                    but you have to be sure not to "oversaturate" the ironcore. (if you do this
                    you get not enough inductance and the coil goes hot.
                    when you raise the power in the lower coil, the upper coil change the
                    inductance accordingly. Simple but elegant.

picture says more than words. I wish more of you would draw ideas, than
                    describe it with words...
                    The lockridge appears to have this configuration. Remember you do not have to drive that second coil, by using it as an output current flows and impedance changes. In a motor generator configuration like I have done, the lowering of impedance causes the device to draw more current. By drawing current from the generator coil when supplying the device with AC we get acceleration. Acceleration under load. This was using a simplified armature but even worked a little with a standard armature.

I dont know if your idea about how it works is the same as mine, but you seem to be looking at similar principals

As for resonance and using it as an LC circuit, it seams to be leading me away from that, but we just dont know.

I use the reverse engineering approach and let the device teach me, and it has taught me a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
                      Eye witnesses to the original German generator and also the Lockridge replication reported a odd reverberation sound coming from the generators when the lights were working. If you have ever had a motor producing a standing wave, it will make a odd, reverb sound.
                      I have literally heard this, waaa waaa wa wa wa wa waaaaaa is the best way I can describe it.
                      It is my contention that the Lockridge unit has a resonant component that must be used for the gain everyone is looking for. The external windings and capacitor plates make sense when you consider this component. Capacitive plates in close, physical proximity to switching magnetic polarity seems to be a common theme to many AE devices.
                      I believe I got a gain, the voltage went up, the current dropped and the motor got very hot. The gain was in heat

More food for thought.

Randy
                      The split in the case appears to be to prevent a magnetic short and cause two magnetic circuits to pass through one armature. I have considered if the the circuits switch, which is possible, but remain undecided at this point. I am pursuing a different route at the moment but anything is possible

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post

What is your source that you mentioned eye witnesses in first sentence? I've seen every video made on the Lockridge device. Did I miss something?

Sorry so scattered,
                        wantomake
                        I believe it was Robert49 but I could be wrong.

Comment

• humming coils and measure coils

The idea of the variable L Inductor is not new (for me).
                          it is just a simple way of doing it right.

When I researched the Stan Meyer papers for HHO gas generation years ago,
                          i used this part to split H2 from H2O in resonance. Most people
                          had a fixed LCR circuit and wonders why the output is so inefficient.
                          (because every build device is different from others and so it has
                          another selfresonance point.)
                          When I realize the water in the tank is changing
                          this freq. also I try this adustable L piece with success.

for the Lockridge device there are not so many possibilities of working
                          with such a small count of pieces. But maybe not all pieces are present to us
                          (like always )
                          so we have a L in the motorcoils and generator coils,
                          we have a C in arround the case.
                          this C could be either a current compensation for something or a
                          buffer cap. but the buffer cap you donīt need to wind across a case
                          thats make no sense. This part will be soldered directy where you need it.
                          and a motor spike snubber will be soldered on the motorcoil directly but
                          why will the inventor help to minimze the EM Radiations ?

>but a series LCR will live with an cap in series of an L
                          around a case and then you will certainly put the cap arround the coils !!!

so I like the idea of a L1 and Cap in series , parallel with L2 and a R load
                          but this needs now to be build and measured.
                          everytime the magnetic lines will travel across the coil (yes that will 90 degrees from the other coils in the generator in faradayspeech)

Q1:
                          but for this idea, the the coil is not winded horizontal for this, it is winded vertical to collect rotating lines of force (magn.)
                          or what you think ?

So you get a kick in L1 and then a damping wave will occur with C that will
                          induce a higher voltage with less current in L2 to the R (300W bulbs)
                          to consume the power.

Fig A, B
                          some possibilities how to connect the trifilar coil with C and R

Fig C:
                          You can light a 230 VAC bulb with 40Volts if you drive it resonant to
                          get as much light as a 230V 25W bulb on mains directly.
                          the cap is not a polarized one like an EL-Cap you buy a motorcap for
                          this because this LCR (R=lamp) circuit is a damped oscillator at
                          50 hz .

Paul Babcock and Jim would be happy now because we talk about their project
                          as you learned in "babcock magnet secrets" how to multiply the power of light vs. fuel consumtion.
                          Paul: "going forward and back to the load , over and over again" JIM: "use the power more than one time" etc. etc.
                          they build a LCR oscillator/transformer with the windings from the diesel gen.
                          But this you know allready ?

Humming coils:
                          Yes I hear this humming sound to when I play with relays or small DC motors
                          and PWM circuits. It will stress the parts really if you not take the
                          energy away ("R" = Bulb) so you need to use the power to help the coils.
                          if you donīt do it , the energy will barbecue your windings in the generator.
                          the resistance is very low at this state and a huge current will
                          rush in your prototype so you can feel the heat and smell it

Power plants take much knowledge to avoid this behavor with their
                          output transformers and rent a bunch of engineers to find solutions for that
                          "special case" we all waiting for

Mr. Tesla tested it out before us and payed a lot of money for the new transformer in colorado

thats it why I tell you LCR not only LC you often read on other machine description. But the R is a calculated part in the game. thats the difference between a journalist who thinks he is an engineer.
                          (small things are most important to have a working machine or a not working one)

question 2:

did some one of you take pictures from the scope connected a coil around the slotted "motor" ? ( aka your 3filar coil)
                          so we can se how looks the magnetfield around ?
                          Iīm not so far at the moment and try to visualize the fields but
                          think how much magn. flow will running out of the slots ?

A hint: 50 ohms impedance of your scope will
                          change the curve because its almost a short-circuit, take one 100K resistor
                          in series with scope please when doing screenshot.

standard physics will tell you:
                          the case is short circuiting all magnetic fluxlines
                          or:
                          the lines of force are going "throught the iron of the case" but not out of it to collect it in a( 1-2-3 or X Filar) coil.

Maybe we can build the "theory" further.
                          Last edited by HansKammler; 06-13-2015, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                            Robert49 did report a "clicking sound" here. A possible clue to a missing component. What makes clicking sounds? A spark gap maybe? I also heard about the resonance sound from another source who I just can't remember. JB or Mark McKay? Not sure.

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                            I have literally heard this, waaa waaa wa wa wa wa waaaaaa is the best way I can describe it.
                            I believe I got a gain, the voltage went up, the current dropped and the motor got very hot. The gain was in heat.
                            Wonderful! A saturation issue for sure, but not a brick wall. Yes, on the "waaa waaa wa ..."

Humming coils:
                            With the expertise mbrown has collected on magnetic flow in motors/generators and your firm grasp of resonance, Hans, I believe you two could solve this thing.

Good Luck,
                            Randy
                            _

Comment

• Originally posted by HansKammler View Post
                              for the Lockridge device there are not so many possibilities of working
                              with such a small count of pieces. But maybe not all pieces are present to us
                              (like always )
                              This is very true
                              so we have a L in the motorcoils and generator coils,
                              we have a C in arround the case.
                              this C could be either a current compensation for something or a
                              buffer cap. but the buffer cap you donīt need to wind across a case
                              thats make no sense. This part will be soldered directy where you need it.
                              and a motor spike snubber will be soldered on the motorcoil directly but
                              why will the inventor help to minimze the EM Radiations ?
                              If I am correct, and it works in attraction, the flux will be held within the case and very little will leak out. This would mean that the reason the the trifilar coil are wrapped around the case for only one reason, convenience.

>but a series LCR will live with an cap in series of an L
                              around a case and then you will certainly put the cap arround the coils !!!

so I like the idea of a L1 and Cap in series , parallel with L2 and a R load
                              but this needs now to be build and measured.
                              everytime the magnetic lines will travel across the coil (yes that will 90 degrees from the other coils in the generator in faradayspeech)
                              Yes, the coil would seem to be wound the wrong way. There is another possibility that I looked at. If you wanted to create a magnetic diode, that is make it so the magnetic poles do not reverse despite any AC in the coils you could put a coil around the part of the flux path to do so, but as you pointed out, again it is 90 degrees out.

Q1:
                              but for this idea, the the coil is not winded horizontal for this, it is winded vertical to collect rotating lines of force (magn.)
                              or what you think ?
                              I don’t believe this to be the case as I believe we are operating in attraction and we have the 90 degree problem twice.

So you get a kick in L1 and then a damping wave will occur with C that will
                              induce a higher voltage with less current in L2 to the R (300W bulbs)
                              to consume the power.

Fig A, B
                              some possibilities how to connect the trifilar coil with C and R

Fig C:
                              You can light a 230 VAC bulb with 40Volts if you drive it resonant to
                              get as much light as a 230V 25W bulb on mains directly.
                              the cap is not a polarized one like an EL-Cap you buy a motorcap for
                              this because this LCR (R=lamp) circuit is a damped oscillator at
                              50 hz .

Paul Babcock and Jim would be happy now because we talk about their project
                              as you learned in "babcock magnet secrets" how to multiply the power of light vs. fuel consumtion.
                              Paul: "going forward and back to the load , over and over again" JIM: "use the power more than one time" etc. etc.
                              they build a LCR oscillator/transformer with the windings from the diesel gen.
                              But this you know allready ?

Humming coils:

Power plants take much knowledge to avoid this behavor with their
                              output transformers and rent a bunch of engineers to find solutions for that
                              "special case" we all waiting for

Mr. Tesla tested it out before us and payed a lot of money for the new transformer in colorado

thats it why I tell you LCR not only LC you often read on other machine description. But the R is a calculated part in the game. thats the difference between a journalist who thinks he is an engineer.
                              (small things are most important to have a working machine or a not working one)
                              I still believe it is possible for the trifilar coil to be used in a way that Babcock showed us, as a choke to store energy. This coil would then impedance match by supplying whatever voltage is required to maintain current in the motor.

The Idea of resonance in the motor is not without merit, but suffers from problems. The bigest being that the inductance in a motor constantly changes as it rotates, and as load varies. How to make a circuit respond to this is problematic and I was unable to do it. From resonance we get voltage gain and not current, until we discharge the resonant circuit. My attempts at tapping the circuit to draw power were unsuccessful as it killed the resonance. Maybe you know how to do this but I don’t.

question 2:

did some one of you take pictures from the scope connected a coil around the slotted "motor" ? ( aka your 3filar coil)
                              so we can se how looks the magnetfield around ?
                              Iīm not so far at the moment and try to visualize the fields but
                              think how much magn. flow will running out of the slots ?

A hint: 50 ohms impedance of your scope will
                              change the curve because its almost a short-circuit, take one 100K resistor
                              in series with scope please when doing screenshot.

standard physics will tell you:
                              the case is short circuiting all magnetic fluxlines
                              or:
                              the lines of force are going "throught the iron of the case" but not out of it to collect it in a( 1-2-3 or X Filar) coil.

Maybe we can build the "theory" further.
                              Sorry I didn't. I gave up on resonance as a primary function of the machine and followed a more simple and obvious path but that does not mean I am right. I encourage you to investigate this as far as you can, you will probably do a better job of it than I did

Keep giving us your thoughts as there is probably a lot that I missed on this

Comment

• Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
                                Robert49 did report a "clicking sound" here. A possible clue to a missing component. What makes clicking sounds? A spark gap maybe? I also heard about the resonance sound from another source who I just can't remember. JB or Mark McKay? Not sure.
                                Think about this as a cause for the clicking, at startup and low speeds anyway. If we have capacitor discharge into the motor, the currents could be huge, this would cause all the components to flex with the pulse of magnetism. Imagine the coils and even the wound capacitor flexing with each pulse. If the capacitor was charged as high as 400v as I believe either JB or PL suggested, the current could be kA and the magnetic field monstrous. It would be like a MRI scanner being turned on.

Wonderful! A saturation issue for sure, but not a brick wall. Yes, on the "waaa waaa wa ..."
                                I have no idea, but it got very hot and started to smoke

With the expertise mbrown has collected on magnetic flow in motors/generators and your firm grasp of resonance, Hans, I believe you two could solve this thing.

Good Luck,
                                Randy
                                Thanks for your complement, but my expertise is only a result of persistence. It may sound like I am saying the thing that Hans is looking at wont work, I am not. Remember I thought this way too at one point, and even tried to make it work. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful so I can only report my failure. Its not about telling people to do it my way, its about finding out how it worked. Even when we do get it to work, it may not be the way it was actually done hehehe

Comment

Working...
                                X