Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More strange occurrences

To All,
    Was testing different coils in case and noticed the slotted case has been magnetized(residual magnetism) on each half. Each side has it's own north and south. The case was slotted per the John Bedini video part 14. This was unexpected as I hoped each half would become north and south magnetized. The case reacted to the four pole coils that was wired in series for the generator side of this lockridge device.

The motor is powered by 12 vdc battery solar bank. At startup turns around 2500 rpm' s. With two of the four brushes connected to the power source. The generator side has three wires coming from brushes and coils. When the positive of generator is connected to the positive of motor the rpm's increase to 3200.

The output on the trifilar coil is 80 ~300 vdc. The current is low with this output.

Some progress and knowledge gained,
    wantomake

Comment

• I've wondered about if the capacitor needs to be in close proximity to the case, but if that rotary flux charger motor from witt's is the real deal, then those smaller capacitors should mean that the capacitor doesn't necessarily need to be so close.

The principle with the motor is nearly the same as the coil shorting motor by Ismael aviso, but using mechanical contacts instead of special transistors. Like John said in one video, putting the two same coils together changes the pattern of the magnetic flux, and so creates a very powerful flux field in a very small area, so with the right placement of the brushes, a coil shorting mechanism should be achievable. At any given time, there should only be a very short period that two connected commutator segments be hooked up. Pure mechanical is the easiest way to go but there will be some crazy sparks coming off it!

Comment

• In our experiments using lap wound armatures, coil shorting in the armature is inevitable, this leads to some very interesting voltage build ups. I doubt the lockridge had a lap wound armature but this gain could indeed be collected by the two extra brushes if it did.

Aviso's device is very interesting too but it seems very different from the lockridge.

This thread isnt dead, but I want to bring some more definite progress before I post about it.

Comment

• results

To All,
          There's no reaction from the case on the trifilar coil or the capacitor. But the capacitor while wrapped around the trifilar coil does create voltage in the coil. If the output from the generator side is connected to the capacitor. It's not easy to use the flux John Bedini speaks about. My coil or brush setup is wrong or something.

The generator will not produce much voltage without voltage from a power source. This presently what I'm trying to accomplish. If you power the motor side with a 12 volt battery, it will get bemf on generator side. But not enough current to self run.

There's not much to post about, but some test have been done. The more replicators that get involved in this project then more test can be done.

wantomake

Comment

• wanttomake

I think the trifilar 'coil' is actually the capacitor. Essentially using the capacitance of the copper sheets themselves. If amperage is needed to power the motor action, then maybe the trifilar wound coil is actually set to reduce the voltage from the spike of 400v to something useable, maybe in the 80v range with some actual amperage? Plus the capacitance of the trifilar coil will help with the motor action too... The actual capacitance of the coil will affect how the motor needs to be tuned like a mechanical oscillator too.

I found this on ebay. Looks like the right motor setup, however the rotor coil windings don't look right. One big plus is that this motor could support some big amperage. Should be able to be modified out of the box as long as the configuration will give the correct commutator sparking. It also has the 4 pole stator setup which is required... I would've bought it but $140 shipping to international is a bit much for a long shot. I just don't have that kind of money to throw around at this point. Maybe some day.

Comment

• the trifler could indeed be for that purpose, we just don’t know as there are many possibilities. There are aspects that do function as a mechanical oscillator but probably in a different way to how people expect.

The generator you linked to is a possible candidate, but I would not spend so much just to experiment, just buy a second hand delco generator for now.

We are working hard on this and do know how some of it works, but there are so many possibilities at this stage I wont commit to any single method in particular. We are experimenting, and through a process of elimination, we are finding out what does what and how it all fits in. We have figured out how it motors, producing a fraction of the normal BEMF. We have figured out a transformer function within the motor and how it generates. It accelerates under load too which is interesting . How all these functions work together is what we are trying to prove right now.

Its all conventional and nothing mystical in how each part works, its just they have never been combined in a single device before. What is unconventional is that it is the generator that provides the torque and there is no conventional motor in it . This is done by changing the geometry (putting the coils in a different position to normal) eliminating most of the BEMF and allowing the current to produce bigger magnetic fields at a lower voltage to what we normally expect.

If you get your hands on a four pole motor or generator ill instruct you how to do all this.

Comment

• maybe so

Originally posted by jtanguay View Post
                wanttomake

I think the trifilar 'coil' is actually the capacitor. Essentially using the capacitance of the copper sheets themselves. If amperage is needed to power the motor action, then maybe the trifilar wound coil is actually set to reduce the voltage from the spike of 400v to something useable, maybe in the 80v range with some actual amperage? Plus the capacitance of the trifilar coil will help with the motor action too... The actual capacitance of the coil will affect how the motor needs to be tuned like a mechanical oscillator too.

I found this on ebay. Looks like the right motor setup, however the rotor coil windings don't look right. One big plus is that this motor could support some big amperage. Should be able to be modified out of the box as long as the configuration will give the correct commutator sparking. It also has the 4 pole stator setup which is required... I would've bought it but $140 shipping to international is a bit much for a long shot. I just don't have that kind of money to throw around at this point. Maybe some day.
                Thanks jtanguay,
                I don't know all about this trifilar coil, but while I am actually and physically building this device along with hiwater over on Imhotep website, there is so much more to understand here.
                I think the intent of the trifilar coil was as an inductor with the capacitor that is closely wrapped around the trifilar coil. The capacitor does cause ac voltage in the trifilar coil when the output of the generator is connected to the capacitor. But no reaction from the case on the trifilar coil yet. That's what I hoped would happen.

Thanks for the eBay link, but an older delco remy generator has a big case and much room inside to work with. At lease is my experiences. Mbrownn and hiwater have been working on this project longer than I have, so not sure the types of generator they've used.

I'm not sure the trifilar coil was used to step down the voltage to increase the current to a useable amount for the motor side. My output has been as high as 4 amps on generator side. But it takes 5 to 20 amps to turn this motor.

As you see there is much tuning and adjustments to be done here.

Join in with us and let's try to get something outsourced together to help our fellow man and leave a planet for the future generations.

wantomake

Comment

• Hi All,

If this one is not a hoax, this would fit in with Lockridge -

Flywheel Energy Overunity - YouTube

We need more info on the claimed VCR motor.

Cheers, Garry
                  Last edited by garrypm; 09-25-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Its a basic motor, generator and storage device concept. Remember that that a flywheel can store energy too.

We don't know how much effort is put into cranking the handle, or what the losses are but we can see the lights are very low consumption so its not too surprising. Nice though

Comment

• Sorry Mike, I should have stated -

take note what happens without the flywheel. then

see what happens once the flywheel is added.

Cheers, Garry

Comment

• I see what your saying, it could be that excess energy is being stored in the flywheel which when the generator is not being cranked continues to spin the motor. this motor then could act as a generator powering the lights. It does run a long time but there are a few things we don't know

Why does he keep playing with the 9v battery? how much energy does it take to crank his generator? etc. From the video its difficult to make any real judgements about his hobby device other than it does run a long time with his flywheel attached.

The most simple motor/generator is just that, with a motor directly attached to a generator. Taking it a step further we can add a flywheel and this allows us to have a longer off time as the energy stored in the flywheel can spin the generator, but in truth we had to put that extra energy in the flywheel first, so there is no gain.

When we look at the pictures and description of the lockridge, there is no mention of an external generator. That leads me to believe it is in the device and not external.

By doing this we do get a gain in efficiency as we only have one set of bearings to turn and one set of iron losses instead of two. This I have done and the idea has been used on other things two such as the dynomotor.

What exactly the capacitor, extra coils, rectifier and diodes are doing is up for debate as no one has produced a functioning device, including me. However I am working on it.

Comment

• flywheel mixed knowledge with bedini ?

Yes the flywheel is to store the momentum power of "a pulse Motor" to get
                          a smooth rotation -> Pulse motor -> so there is a Cap you discharge in the Motorcoil. OK
                          but this all reminds my on bedini 1984 Schematics called "energizer"
                          I don´t have the feeling that the Lockridge is a hidden Bedini Energizer.
                          We are mixing ideas togheter ?

So 1945 there was no transistors, only tubes and relais.
                          and mechanical switching via brushes and commutators.

So we have a lot of speculation where and how to connect the trifilar
                          Capacitive coil but we missed the theory of function.
                          First we need a theory for this device and then we could go further
                          and build a testbench for that.

what we know by now :
                          so we have a tuned C with L from the field coils in the Motor part.
                          We have bulbs they are use as defined "R" to the oscillator.
                          And we know that the slotted case forms a magnetic "C Bow" so if you
                          look at this (magnetic) Lines of flux you will realize that the lines are shorter on one side of the bow and longer on the other side. this give us a non linear magnetic filed to the rotor.

btw.

I look the thread many times and wonder myself why there is
                          no pdf scan of the research notebook , Mr Bedini is showing in "Energy f. t. vacuum Part 14" ?

Where to find the scans of this book ?
                          maybe it sheds more light in this case.

cheers

Hans

Comment

• Hi Hans, the research I did started with no theories or preconceived ideas, basically I got a motor and cut slots in it and then tried every wiring combination I could think of. After not making much progress I decided to rewind an armature with blanks on the commutator so that it pulsed and tried again. Now I had lots of things going on and through a process of elimination I am finding out what works and what does not.

I have learned many things doing this and come across many problems. Each time I resolved a problem or eliminated a possibility the motor resembled more and more the device John Bedini showed us. I believe it to be an energiser of sorts, but not in the Bedini style. In fact it has no resemblance to Mr Bedini's devices that I can see. It does not seem to work in any way like Mr Bedini described in the video. No disrespect to John Bedini and his work, Its just different.

I have let the test bench lead me, then looked at the theory to try to understand what is happening.

Yes I would love to see a PDF of that notebook, but to be honest, we do not know if that was correct anyway. The device itself is teaching me, this is the process of reverse engineering, and so far it has been a good teacher. It does not work like any other device I have seen. Its fascinating, simple in its appearance, but complex in how it works.

Forget about oscillators for now, that does not seem to be how it works

I don't have all the answers but have made huge progress. I would be happy to share what I have found if you want to give it a try.

Comment

• recent bench test

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                              Hi Hans, the research I did started with no theories or preconceived ideas, basically I got a motor and cut slots in it and then tried every wiring combination I could think of. After not making much progress I decided to rewind an armature with blanks on the commutator so that it pulsed and tried again. Now I had lots of things going on and through a process of elimination I am finding out what works and what does not.

I have learned many things doing this and come across many problems. Each time I resolved a problem or eliminated a possibility the motor resembled more and more the device John Bedini showed us. I believe it to be an energiser of sorts, but not in the Bedini style. In fact it has no resemblance to Mr Bedini's devices that I can see. It does not seem to work in any way like Mr Bedini described in the video. No disrespect to John Bedini and his work, Its just different.

I have let the test bench lead me, then looked at the theory to try to understand what is happening.

Yes I would love to see a PDF of that notebook, but to be honest, we do not know if that was correct anyway. The device itself is teaching me, this is the process of reverse engineering, and so far it has been a good teacher. It does not work like any other device I have seen. Its fascinating, simple in its appearance, but complex in how it works.

Forget about oscillators for now, that does not seem to be how it works

I don't have all the answers but have made huge progress. I would be happy to share what I have found if you want to give it a try.

Mbrownn,
                              Yes I would be very interested in your recent bench test results. If you have any Youtube or pictures(beside those on Imhotep forum) that would be great.

My conclusion of the Lockridge device, from the test I ran, that it consist of motor, generator, and a device that stores and steps up useable voltage for the motor side to run on. The motor and generating part I was able to see some results. But wasn't able to accomplish the third part- the coil/capacitor combo device. Not yet at least.

My biggest problem is my lack of knowledge in this arena of electronic, electromagnetic, and such. So I put this aside to study and build other projects and learn.

So I still have that project collecting dust somewhere so I can learn some more if you have any new findings.

wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                                Mbrownn,
                                Yes I would be very interested in your recent bench test results. If you have any Youtube or pictures(beside those on Imhotep forum) that would be great.
                                Sorry to disappoint, I don’t have any new results, but thanks to yours and Hiwaters work, I think we have eliminated Lap and wave wound armatures altogether.

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                                My conclusion of the Lockridge device, from the test I ran, that it consist of motor, generator, and a device that stores and steps up useable voltage for the motor side to run on.
                                My conclusion too. but you missed out the transformer effect inside the motor/generator.
                                The motor and generating part I was able to see some results. But wasn't able to accomplish the third part- the coil/capacitor combo device. Not yet at least.
                                I think we need to get the transformer part of it sorted too before we move onto the trifilar coil. I have done a lot of playing around on this aspect so hopefully we can get it to work in the device soon.

My biggest problem is my lack of knowledge in this arena of electronic, electromagnetic, and such. So I put this aside to study and build other projects and learn.
                                We are both the same in this respect. That's why I have been playing around with transformers.

The motor/generator side of it I put in the "Interesting Motor" thread as you know, and I have thought of a name for that. Either the Motor Assisted Generator, MAG or Motor Assisted Dynamo, MAD. MADMAG would work too

So I still have that project collecting dust somewhere so I can learn some more if you have any new findings.

wantomake
                                Be patient, I will be building again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X