Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert49 View Post
    Hi guys.
    I just talked with my friend Henry and asked if he remembered more about the device he saw during the war.
    He says he saw the man in charge of it hand crank the device and it would turn and accelerate for ten minutes (he thinks there was probably a flywheel on the generator) and then the guy flipped a switch and they heard a big noise and the light came on.

Don't know if this helps but here it is.

Good luck to all.

Robert
    This could be significant, it may be the case that the device cannot be loaded until it is up to speed suggesting a sweet spot in operation.

I would really like to talk to this guy myself unfortunately I live half a world away

Comment

Hi guys.
      I just talked with my friend Henry and asked if he remembered more about the device he saw during the war.
      He says he saw the man in charge of it hand crank the device and it would turn and accelerate for ten minutes (he thinks there was probably a flywheel on the generator) and then the guy flipped a switch and they heard a loud noise and the light came on.

Don't know if this helps but here it is.

Good luck to all.

Robert
      Forgot to mention that the hole thing was in a wooden box about 1ft by 2ft by 1ft high . So it is possible there was a flywheel .

Robert
      Last edited by Robert49; 10-03-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Sorry I missed this post, yes there may have been an external flywheel but I have not found any reference to anything other than the motor/generator itself. Any additional information you could uncover would be very important. Keep talking to your friend.

Comment

• We have one member building a delco based unit for testing, it will take some time as a lot of things need to be proven and tested.

I am trying to get a golf cart motor to work with, It wont be quite as easy to work with but may be more efficient.

Another has a motor similar to what is in a washing machine.

We have to use a four pole motor/generator as the base to make the magnetic circuit work. Two of the field coils are energizer coils to energize the magnetic circuit and power the transformer action. the generation coils are the output of the transformer, the generation and provide the motoring torque

Hint Hint

We are making progress

Comment

• Hi mbrown.

You said "This could be significant, it may be the case that the device cannot be loaded until it is up to speed suggesting a sweet spot in operation. "

Is it possible that the device has to be in resonance to become overunity?
            For example my rotary attraction motor becomes resonant ( I think) when I raise the voltage at around 100volt , it reaches a speed at which the input power drops down fast from 1amp to 750ma but the speed remains stable and so does the output ( I run another motor on the output spikes ).
            And then when I raise the voltage some more, it goes back to 1 amp.

Just a thought.

Robert
            Last edited by Robert49; 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM. Reason: not complete

Comment

Hi mbrown.

You said "This could be significant, it may be the case that the device cannot be loaded until it is up to speed suggesting a sweet spot in operation. "

Is it possible that the device has to be in resonance to become overunity?
              For example my rotary attraction motor becomes resonant ( I think) when I raise the voltage at around 100volt , it reaches a speed at which the input power drops down fast from 1amp to 750ma but the speed remains stable and so does the output ( I run another motor on the output spikes ).
              And then when I raise the voltage some more, it goes back to 1 amp.

Just a thought.

Robert
              If we consider a battery to be a form of capacitor then we have a sort of LRC circuit and of course this will have a resonant frequency and as we also have a capacitor after the motor coil we do seem to have a Tesla style LRC circuit so yes resonance could well be playing a part.

Is this a requirement to make the device perform as we want it to? I don't think so but I will not dismiss it because I don't know.

What you describe is a typical sweet spot phenomenon. Is it because of resonance or is it caused by some other thing? again I don't know but I have learned to NOT dismiss things out of hand.

A couple of years ago I went down the route of trying to extract energy out of resonance in a motor. To be fair, I think I did get more power out, but it came in the form of increased voltage and heat, not current and it is current we need to give torque in a motor.

If you, or anyone else for that matter has a spare 4 pole DC motor, I will lead you through some tests to see if what I am talking about is real or not. The more that do it, the more reliable the results are and at the end of the day if the results prove successful we will have the beginning of a lockridge device.

If we do not find anything, you can return the wiring to how it was and nothing was lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                If we consider a battery to be a form of capacitor then we have a sort of LRC circuit and of course this will have a resonant frequency and as we also have a capacitor after the motor coil we do seem to have a Tesla style LRC circuit so yes resonance could well be playing a part.

Is this a requirement to make the device perform as we want it to? I don't think so but I will not dismiss it because I don't know.

What you describe is a typical sweet spot phenomenon. Is it because of resonance or is it caused by some other thing? again I don't know but I have learned to NOT dismiss things out of hand.

A couple of years ago I went down the route of trying to extract energy out of resonance in a motor. To be fair, I think I did get more power out, but it came in the form of increased voltage and heat, not current and it is current we need to give torque in a motor.

If you, or anyone else for that matter has a spare 4 pole DC motor, I will lead you through some tests to see if what I am talking about is real or not. The more that do it, the more reliable the results are and at the end of the day if the results prove successful we will have the beginning of a lockridge device.

If we do not find anything, you can return the wiring to how it was and nothing was lost.
                I may have a 4 pole DC motor in a couple days. I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing with it as the original plan is on hold but I'm interested in your thoughts on this. I think this unit may be close to 1/2 HP.
                There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• A four pole motor with a similar configuration to the delco generator is needed, A starter motor is not ideal as the coils draw a huge current and have little inductance as well as the motor bearings not being designed for continuous use although it could be rewound.

What you are looking four is the four pole stator design shown in this manual on page 12 column 30 TM 9-1825a - Delco-Remy Electrical Repair Manual, WW2

It is interesting to note that searching the internet I have not found a better donor motor as yet. If the motor has interpoles, it is not suitable unless they can be removed. It fact it is better if all the poles can be removed too.

I am currently trying to get a golf cart motor although these are far from ideal and would require extensive modification. All the windings are too heavy, it has interpoles, the armature is wound wrong etc etc. All it will actually be providing is the frame, bearings, pole pieces, rotor frame and brushes. All the copper will be scrap.

It will probably be similar to this http://lh6.ggpht.com/_PyWhdnXX8As/Sm...MG_1461-sm.JPG

If you do find a suitable motor link to a picture so we can see it.

Some 4 pole AC motors look to have suitable stators but obviously the rotor isn't.

Comment

• Unfortunately PM motors are not suitable for a lockridge type device as they do not have field coils and cause cogging. I know Peter was experimenting with such a motor but this was only for the action of the armature.

Comment

• http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post213237

Obviously people want to find the answer to this.

The achievements so far

1) Proof of transformer actions in a motor.

2) Proof of motoring and generating in the same motor case.

3) proof of additive actions of the transformer effect and generation. (there is more going on here but we don't have enough data yet)

4) Apparently reduced BEMF

Comment

• coil shorting?

Robert49's acquaintance's comment about a "clicking noise" in the Lockridge made me think of coil shorting (mechanical / reed switch).

Here's another datapoint:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post213687

pt

Comment

• I here what you are saying but I don't think this is the case. The clicking sound that a Lockridge would make is more likely to be the capacitor and coils charging and discharging. Remember we are banging huge amps in pulses in and out of it and into a home made capacitor.

At the moment we are not pulsing our motor correctly but we do get noise out of it, specifically growling and humming. This is to do with the transformer actions and huge magnetic forces on the armature.

We have taken a motor design that is typically 35% efficient, wired it up in a way where you would not expect it to work but it does. In theory it should be at best half as efficient as the normal setup or about 17% but our electrical output has been 37% and we aren't even pulsing it yet.

Roberts input is important as he has access to someone who has seen a Lockridge device.

Comment

• Hi guys!

I should see Henry (Heinrich) in a week or so.
                            If you have questions for him, post them now and I will show them to him when he comes>

Robert

Comment

• So many questions

Originally posted by Robert49 View Post
                              Hi guys!

I should see Henry (Heinrich) in a week or so.
                              If you have questions for him, post them now and I will show them to him when he comes>

Robert
                              thanks Robert49,

1) Was it started by pulling a rope, a crank, or what?
                              2) Did they turn on the lights or heater after a while?
                              3) Is there a patent for this in Germany?
                              4) Did he ever hear of or see one after the war?
                              5) Was there any knobs or switches on the device?

Thanks for this, any information may help. Like mbrown said any info would help.

wantomake

Comment

• You could ask him if he ever took it apart, if so what was it like inside? I could ask lots of technical questions but I doubt he would know about that stuff. Get him to describe how it was started, the noises (the frequency of the noise will give an indication of speed) and how it was stopped? ask him what he remembers about it and what did the parts look like? ask him what he could do with it? could he charge a battery and power a load or just one thing at a time? did a battery have to be connected to the device all the time it was running? Was it just a single motor or was there a generator attached to the shaft too, we assume it was the former but no one has asked the question as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X